Houston Area Reports Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: New Vehicles

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
Jedi Bebop, what stores are carrying the Lost figures? I'll definately keep my eye out.
GBU
I'm pretty sure TRU stores will carry them, since they had a big party for them in Times Square last month. Maybe Wal-Mart will, too.
I'm kinda hoping Hot Topic gets them in, since I have a friend at the Galleria store that can pull & hold figures for me.

I haven't seen the Mace Battallion since I got mine nearly a month ago. I'll keep an eye out for one.

Reaction score

Jasond7, the Baybrook Target here in Clear Lake had several of the Mace Battle Packs on an endcap as of yesterday.

GBU

Reaction score

TRU Westheimer tonight had the House of M box set, the Marvel Face-Offs (no variants), and a refresh of some older Saga figures (some Snowtroopers, Utapau Troops, Cody, etc)

Also keep track of those Rogue 2 Snowspeeders. I've heard they're beginning to get red tagged up to 50% off, along with Kit Fisto's Starfighter.

Reaction score
New Cars - Singles

Hello,

If you are looking for the cars new singles case assortment 999-D count 18 pieces has all the new singles hudson hornet, gold ramone, radiator springs mcqueen, dirt mcqueen, blue mater, and pig car...I have seen this case at Wal-mart - Meadows, Wal-mart Beechnut Belt-8, Wal-mart Westheimer Kirkwood, Wal-mart Westpart HWY 6 and Wal-mart HWY 90...They also got the two packs but no Woody Two pack.

Also, the Spider-man Marvel titanium by hasbro has hit comes on display pallet with movies.

Good Luck,

Reaction score
Mace\'s Battle Pack/ Plenty of Snowspeeders

If you're looking for the 50% off snowspeeders, you should head over to the Target on Eldrigde and 1960. I was there earlier this afternoon and counted 160 snowspeeders, all w/ the tag on them. Even the ones on the shelves up above.

And, they had a few of Mace's Battalion Battlepacks on one of the back shelves, for Jasond7.

Reaction score
Marvel Legends Face Off Series II and Masterworks

Hello,

One case of Marvel Legends Face Off Series II and one case of Masterworks series II at TRU @ First Colony as of 900pm.

Good Luck,

Reaction score
Re: New Cars - Singles

ace2006 said:
Hello,

If you are looking for the cars new singles case assortment 999-D count 18 pieces has all the new singles hudson hornet, gold ramone, radiator springs mcqueen, dirt mcqueen, blue mater, and pig car...I have seen this case at Wal-mart - Meadows, Wal-mart Beechnut Belt-8, Wal-mart Westheimer Kirkwood, Wal-mart Westpart HWY 6 and Wal-mart HWY 90...They also got the two packs but no Woody Two pack.
Thanks, I keep missing them at my Wal Marts. D'oh!

GBU

Reaction score
Re: Mace\'s Battle Pack/ Plenty of Snowspeeders

Thanx everyone for the tips! I scored me a set on Saturday at the Target on I-10 and Fry. I appreciate the help! I too spotted the markdowns on the Snowspeeders ($14.98), but at the Target in the Richmond/Rosenberg area. Surprisingly, when I was at the Fry Rd Target, I didn't see even 1 Snowspeeder! Judging from the hundreds of Snowspeeders I have seen at various Targets, I imagine that some stores didn't get any and other stores must have gotten their shipments by mistake! I wish I would have waited instead of getting mine when they first came out!

Reaction score
Lost Series I - Figures @ Bedrock City

Hello,

For those looking for Lost Series I - Figures, Bedrock City on Westheimer had Jack, Kate, Charlie, and Hurley @ 3:00 pm this afternoon, these were on the counter.

Good Luck,

Reaction score
Re: Lost Series I - Figures @ Bedrock City

ace2006 said:
Hello,

For those looking for Lost Series I - Figures, Bedrock City on Westheimer had Jack, Kate, Charlie, and Hurley @ 3:00 pm this afternoon, these were on the counter.

Good Luck,
Yeah I picked up those last week.
And I went ahead & ordered Shannon from Spawn.com's store.
I figure TRU is going to be a madhouse for the next few weeks.

I was there yesterday and it looked like they HAD a new stock of die cast Cars but of course the new ones were picked over. I saw the Woody/Buzz 2-pack on one of the cardbacks and they look really cool.
Makes me wish I had started collecting these last summer.

Meyerland Target has Kit's Starfighter at $13.50, but no more Snowspeeders.

Reaction score
Wave 7 06 Starwars Saga is out

Hello,

Wave 7 06 Starwars Saga is out, case count 1x Darth Maul (Sith Training, Saga #53), 1x Chewbacca (Cloud City Escape, Saga #54), 1x Kit Fisto (Clone Wars, Saga #55), 1x Clone Commander Cody (Holographic, Saga $56), 2x Clone Trooper (442nd Siege Battalion, ROTS green markings, Saga #57), 1x R5-J2 (Imperial Astromech, Saga #58), 2x Clone Trooper (Fifth Fleet Security, ROTS blue striped, Saga #59),1x Clone Trooper (Sergeant, AOTC green, Saga #60), 1x Super Battle Droid (Kashyyyk, Saga #61), 1x Battle Droid 2-Pack (Kashyyyk, Saga #62) these have shown up at most of the southwest wal-marts meadows place @ 59 and airport, missouri city on hwy 6, hwy 6 and 90, kirkwood and westheimer most of these places are getting 3-8 cases, but going fast as I saw someone just grab two cases headed up the the register. Also, on another note for those looking for the woody buzz cars two pack is out at walmart the case is 999-B and no worries on finding this one because there is 4 to a case. Okay the wal-marts that got these are all the ones mentioned including the one on hwy 6 and westpark.

Good Luck,

Reaction score
Re: Wave 7 06 Starwars Saga is out

No wave 7 at the Atascocita Wal Mart at lunch but I did pick up the Buzz/Woody Cars Movie Moments set.

We found a house with acreage in Alvin and we close at the end of the month. Now I have to start the proccess of boxing up my toy collection.

GBU

Reaction score

Congrats GBU on the new house!

No wave 7 at the Deer Park Walmart either.

Reaction score

ace thanks for the tip.

there was one set left at the WM on 90 & 6 so i scooped it up.

the WM on w airport & 59 had a set as well but all the card backs were bent and torn.nothing at the other stores in your list.

Reaction score

Hey, ace! Are the Wave 7 cases the same on the outside as the other ones we've seen this year, or are they labelled different - y'know, like the first Saga 1/E2 cases that hit, & some of the ROTS ones?

Reaction score

Yes,

Wave 7 06

these did not come in any special D07 boxes or long boxes that Wal-mart is known for.

Good Luck,

Reaction score

Just to let everyone know, I was in Houston this past week, and picked up the clones (except holo Cody) from the Target connected to Memorial City Mall. They didn't ring up at the register, so she had to manually enter them in.

For those still looking for Endor, I saw them all at the Target on 10 just south of Katy Mills. This was at about 9:30 this morning. I took the last Endor Luke, but I saw all the rest, including both versions of the Endor trooper.

Good hunting!

Reaction score

Hey all,
found wave 7 at Target in Beaumont. They put out at least two cases. As of noon 12/10 they still had multiples of everyone. These were so fresh that they apparenly weren't even in their system yet, so it took about twenty minutes at the checkout.

And if anyone runs across the ML15 variants and feels like helping a brother out....

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
Hey I need a favor, if any of you see the Lost action figures anywhere and can pick up a Shannon figure, then please let me know.
Bedrock City got in their shipment in today and she's the shortpacked one, so naturally they were sold out.
Thanks.
Try Suncoast. Mine put out series 1 (including Shannon) this week.

Reaction score

TheBludyAfulPoet said:
Try Suncoast. Mine put out series 1 (including Shannon) this week.
Wow, I thought all the Suncoats closed years ago.
Well, thanks for the tip anyway, but I already ordered her off the Spawn Shop.

Reaction score
Marvel Legend Face II - showing up at Wal-mart

Hello,

Marvel Legend Face II - variant case showed up at Wal-mart on hwy 90 and 6 for those looking for them they had 2 case 2 sets as of 11:00pm.

Good Luck,

Reaction score
Re: Marvel Legend Face II - showing up at Wal-mart

I saw them at Westheimer TRU last night. I got the Punisher & War Machine set, 2 more of each were left.

Meyerland Target got the new vehicles in and they're $19.99.
They also had Marvel Icons series 3. Beast is pretty awesome!
Nothing new at Meyer Park Wal-Mart.

Reaction score

Nothing new on the Star Wars front but I did see the new Marvel Icons Beast and Spiderman at the Fairmont Target and TRU, both versions. The TRU had the Lost figures (no Shannon) as well as the Hatch box set.

GBU

Reaction score

Just thought I'd share a recent experience....

My family and I just moved to a new place in NW Houston (across from the new Bridgeland community). I moved all my collectibles into one room and pretty much filled it up. I was a bit shocked by how much Star Wars crap...er...collectibles that I had accumulated over the years. Faced with limited storage space, I decided to weed out my collection. I was shocked again to find out how little some of the stuff I've kept for 10 years is worth. All the red card and green card POTF figures are worth less than new figures today. So I'm kind of faced with a dilemna....do I just give the figures to my two young boys (who already have a bazillion SW figures) or do I try to sell them on e-bay and get very little for my trouble? Or do I donate them to Toys For Tots and claim them as a charity tax write-off? Dunno.

But it's been a real eye opener for me as a collector. I encourage every collector to pull out their whole collection every once in a while as a reality check.
I think the only stuff I'm going to buy from here on out is stuff I'll crack open and let my boys play with.

Scott

Reaction score

I'm debating the same options about unloading some stuff after our move. I'm definately going to open quite a bit more at some point.

Found two siege Clones and a nekid Kit Fisto at the Baybrook Target. Nothing else from that wave. Jedi Bebop, I did see a Lost Shannon at the Baybrook TRU but left it as you ordered yours already.

GBU

Reaction score

Scott, I totally understand your situation as I'm going through some of the same stuff. I'm really trying to decide what to do with a lot of my figures I've had for years, but I know aren't worth much today. I've got way too many figures in bins. I went through all my stuff about a month ago and just couldn't believe all the stuff I have.

Huff, are you still looking for the Collector Tins? I see it in your sig, but I'm not sure if it's up to date as those seem to be hitting a lot around town now or at least my side of town.
I'll pick them up if you still don't have them.

Also, on a totally unrelated subject has anyone around town seen the nice Dallas Cowboys Santa hats? I have the red one with a blue star, but was looking for the blue and silver ones. Target and Walmart seem to be the place, but all I can find is Bucs, Rams, and Raiders hats.
I wasn't aware we had a big Tampa Bay Bucs following in Houston.

Reaction score

hey all,

i got my case in from EE today. i have a couple of extras, so before i hit the classifieds, i thought i would offer them here.

1 super battle droid
1 kit fisto
1 pair of battle droids.

selling for cost, and can meet in the galleria or downtown area ( or hopefully not too far from either of those ) to exchange.

let me know if anyone is interested.

jorge

Reaction score
Re: MR Mini Sabers at Fry\'s(possibly)

Hey guys, I wanted to give a heads up to any Houston collectors that may still be collecting these. The Fry's Electronics up here in Chicago got a whole bunch of Master Replica mini sabers for $9.99 each. The ones up here were Yoda's, Anakin's, Darth Vader's, and Obi-Wan's(all from episode III). I managed to pick up my first two gold sabers ever(yoda and darth vader).
Maybe it'll be a chain wide thing, and I know that Houston now has 3 Fry's for shopping fun!
Hope everyone has a great holiday season! I finally get to come back home to H-Town for Christmas(albeit only for a week before I have to drive back up to Chicago again).

Reaction score
Star Wars Unleashed Ultimate Battles

Hello,

Star Wars Unleashed Ultimate Battles the minature unleashed has shown up at TRU @ first colony, the only one I saw Battle for Kashyyyk (Revenge of the Sith) and they had plenty, for those looking for these.

Also, tons of lost figs with the obvious one missing, and the boxed hatch scene is out as well.

Marvel Legends Icons Series III - spideman and beast, variant cases showing up at Target @ missouri city, Target @ first colony, Target @ meyer land, TRU gallery area.

Good Luck,

Reaction score
Re: Star Wars Unleashed Ultimate Battles

Westheimer TRU had some Cars leftovers.
I picked up Hamm, Hudson Hornet & Radiator Springs McQueen for my nephew's birthday.
Any others I find I'll let ya know, GBU.

Bedrock City has the Chewbacca bust, and it's one of Gentle Giant's best yet!

Reaction score

I've found some other weird things in my collection as I've been digging through it. A number of the green carded POTF figure bubbles have started to yellow. What's weird is that others in the exact same box look fine. They were all in the dark and in air conditioning for 10 years. I'm curious why some would yellow and some wouldn't. Maybe chemical composition of the plastic?

Also to my horror, a bubble for a 12-back Luke figure had dramatically yellowed. It, too, was in A/C and in the dark the entire time. I'm wondering what's going to go next.

Scott

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
Huff, are you still looking for the Collector Tins? I see it in your sig, but I'm not sure if it's up to date as those seem to be hitting a lot around town now or at least my side of town.
I'll pick them up if you still don't have them.
Bryan, thanks but I'm good. I've seen them all over too but haven't had the extra $$$ to pick them up yet. I'll probably get them after Christmas.

TFNScott said:
I've found some other weird things in my collection as I've been digging through it. A number of the green carded POTF figure bubbles have started to yellow. What's weird is that others in the exact same box look fine. They were all in the dark and in air conditioning for 10 years. I'm curious why some would yellow and some wouldn't. Maybe chemical composition of the plastic?

Also to my horror, a bubble for a 12-back Luke figure had dramatically yellowed. It, too, was in A/C and in the dark the entire time. I'm wondering what's going to go next.

Scott
Yeah, that's pretty common. The main ones that seem to be yellowing on me are the Green POTF2, FF's, and the Green Carded Commtech figures. I had about a case of Stormtroopers and R2's w/holo Leias, and I'd say half of them yellowed. I also, have them in cases in an AC'd room.

I'm also in the process of getting rid of alot of my stuff. Mainly my extra figures and most of my non-figure stuff. I'm out of room and ships and stuff take up too much room. I'll just focus on getting the figures.

I think the best way to sell all the common figures is to sell them in lots by series. I just sold a few lots and averaged about $3.50-$4.00/figure. Unless it's a rare fig you probably won't get what you paid for it but after a few lots it starts to add up. And sell the rare figures seperately. It'll kind of make up for the loss on common figures.

Reaction score

Thanks for keeping your eye out for those Cars, Jedi Bebop. The Baybrook TRU had two Shannon's today with pegs full of the Lost figures if you're keeping score.

On topic.... the Baybrook TRU had a few of the Comic Book sets #1 and #2. I decided to pass on them as they are just repaints of old sculpts and weren't impressive.

GBU

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
Thanks for keeping your eye out for those Cars, Jedi Bebop. The Baybrook TRU had two Shannon's today with pegs full of the Lost figures if you're keeping score.
I got mine in the mail today. Nice figure but I hate they don't give you setup instructions for the backdrops.
Beats me how to put it together.

I can't wait for the comic book packs. I hope they hit the Westheimer store soon.

Reaction score

Hello,

Master Replica Mini-Sabers are at Fry's Electronics for 9.99, yoda, anakin, darth vader, obi wan. The Fry's at 59S and west belfort had a pyramid of them. Also, unleashed ultimate battles showing up at TRU at the galleria, TRU at the astrodome, and TRU at I-10 and bunkerhill.

Also, those looking for lost they are at I-10 TRU, and TRU at astrodome. For those looking for the Shannon piece the astrodome had 3 of them @ 12:00 pm.

The new car assortment with the blue mater is also at the TRU @ galleria and TRU @ I-10.

Marvel Legends Icon Series III with beast and spiderman @ Target @ Westchase plaza, Target @ I-10 Gessner, Target @ san felipe, and Target @ OST.

Good Luck,

Reaction score

The Series III Icons were also at Meyerland Target yesterday.
Spider-Man looks good, but I've already got the 18" version.

And they must've gotten some new figures in because a few nights ago I found one lone CW Kit Fisto.
I snatched him up since I never found him when he was first released.
Oh, and my Sideshow Darth Maul came today. Awesome, awesome figure!
I guess the Sith Probes will ship later.

Reaction score

Huff said:
I'm also in the process of getting rid of alot of my stuff. Mainly my extra figures and most of my non-figure stuff. I'm out of room and ships and stuff take up too much room. I'll just focus on getting the figures.
This might be a good time for me to post some of the things I missed picking up the first time around. These are mostly Hard-To-Find items, but if anyone is looking to get rid of theirs I'd interested...

Power of the Force II: Talking C-3PO Carry Case, Official Collector’s Case, Endor Leia Millenium Coin

Episode I: Yoda Action Figure (#21), Eopie with Qui-Gon Jinn, Hyperdrive Repair Accessory Set, Podracer Fuel Station Accessory Set, Rappel Line Attack Accessory Set, Tatooine Disguise Accessory Set

Saga: Eeth Koth Action Figure (#56)

Original Trilogy Collection: Darth Vader- Death Star Hanger Action Figure (#10), Sandtrooper Action Figure (#12), Star Wars Battlegrounds Scout Trooper Action Figure

Clone Wars: Clone Three Pack – Red, Arc Trooper / Clone Trooper 2-Pack

Unleashed (loose): Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Anakin Skywalker (first version), Darth Vader (with removable helmet)

Reaction score

I have most of the things you listed, but sorry I'm not ready to part with them just yet.

But if anyone has a Clone Wars Saesee Tinn figure (the one w/ the broken horn) they want to get rid of, please PM me.
Too bad that wasn't one of the re-releases.

Reaction score
Starwars - Comic Packs showed up at TRU

Hello,

The Starwars comic packs showed up @ TRU on Westheimer the galleria area.

Also, the spawn series 30 the animated sculpts showed up at TRU on I-10 and Bunker Hill.

Good Luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.