Houston Area Reports Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: BB Exclusive Vader

Ender said:
Got my dvd 2 pack at Willowbrook Wal-Mart tonight. There was a bunch of the DVD three packs on the dvd display (plenty of clones). There were also the large Gunship and X-Wing Titaniums out. No new figures at all. Was kinda hoping for the twin exclusives.

EDIT: I picked up a Best Buy Exclusive Unleashed Vader at the Copperfield Best Buy (around 8am). The packaging on this is sweet and the figure has a slight bluish/redish tint from the original. Overall, from the ROTS graphics and Imperial top logo, this is just a really nice collectors item.
I'm not into the Unleashed figures any more, but I really like the packaging of the Vader. I also picked up the Lithograph as well.

Target in Copperfield has the jedi starfighter. No sign of the Lava figures.

I played BF2 on the cool 42 inch flat screen and it was pretty cool. I picked the game up at Walmart last night thanks to a friendly and helpfull employee in the electronics department.

I also picked up Target and Walmart's version with the extras.

I was looking for the Best of Star Wars cd at Copperfield Target, but I didn't see it. I'm curious what songs were picked from each movie.

Finally, the Copperfield Best Buy had the Pez collectors set for $30 I believe and they also had the Giant Yoda Pez.
The Anakin and Vader MR sabers were $100 and they had quite a few.

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
I was looking for the Best of Star Wars cd at Copperfield Target, but I didn't see it. I'm curious what songs were picked from each movie.
The best of CD is bundled on the back of the regular ROTS Soundtrack CD. I didn't want to buy it again so passed on it. You can't see what tracks are on it as it's facing outward.

I was impressed with the packaging of the BB Unleashed Vader. It has a bit of a red tint "lightsaber reflection" which makes it an official 'variant' too.

The Baybrook TRU had nothing new.

GBU

Reaction score

I bought the dvd and Pc game at target to get the gift card. I picked up 2 of the Unleashed vaders at the Baybrook Best buy, the packaging is what sold me on this item.

Reaction score

I picked up EP3 w/the bonus DVD at the Deerpark Walmart. They have the EP3 3-pack sets but nothing new as far as basic figures.

Reaction score
Ep.III DVD

Picked up the DVD at the Post Oak Wal-Mart this morning. The 3 commemorative figures were in the display with it in the electronics dept. I think the "Story of Star Wars" bonus disc is the special that aired on Fox before Ep. III came out. I could be wrong, though. No new basic figures.
Picked up Battlefront II at Target in Meyerland & got a free $5 light up Darth Vader gift card. They had one green Clone Commander, nothing else new.

Also of interest...if there's a Spirit Halloween store near anyone, today all their inventory is 50% off. I had seen a stack of Anakin & Vader MR sabers there earlier in the week. But when I got there when they opened up this morning I was told they had already sold out. Too bad cause I could've gotten them for $60 each! I'm betting the employees got them all last night.
Anyway, I did manage to get a Darth Vader & Yoda mask (the Rubies ones) for a total of $40.

Reaction score
Re: Ep.III DVD

Early Bird sets are showing up again for those that missed them the first time. They're sporting a sticker of the figures offered this time around.

Reaction score

I just pre-ordered the %400 Kubrick Han and Luke Stormtroopers from www.hlj.com.

Looks like someone found the Target Shadow Clone using the DPCI so it looks like it's time to pester some Target employees.

GBU

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
Looks like someone found the Target Shadow Clone using the DPCI so it looks like it's time to pester some Target employees.

GBU
Off of Yakfaces' main page:

"Also reports are coming in on the finding of the Target Exclusive Utapau Stealth/Shadow Trooper showing up also. For those who use them, here's the DCPI#: 087-06-0516"

Reaction score

no sign of the trooper at the Target westchase.
WM kirkwood had a bunch of the bly/gree waves and 2 of the three dvd sets.no clones though.

Reaction score
Re: Gray Clone Evolutions

Picked up a Gray Clone Evolutions set to open today at the Eldridge/1960 Wal-Mart. They did a very good job with these, maybe even better the originals. There was still 2 remaining when I left. One thing though. Mine rang up "Item not found" at the register. Don't know if it was just that one or that these just weren't in the system yet.

There was also Mpire Christmas ornaments near the garden center. No new figures.

Reaction score

The two left over gray evos were gone by the time I got there at 7:30. Glad to see WM is getting these as I was reading it might be an online exclusive (bleh!) a couple weeks ago.

The Jones/1960 Target now has an endcap with all 3 of the currently available exclusives. So if you haven't gotten them yet, they are there in quantity today. I had customer service check the Utapau clone dcpi for the entire Houston area. Nada.

E>

Oh, and I found a set of the Target exclusive JLU 3 packs at Copperfield yesterday...

Reaction score

you are right about the Target troopers.nada.

Target meyerland had overflowing shelves of the lava duo.
found the clone dvd set at WM meyerland.

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
The two left over gray evos were gone by the time I got there at 7:30. Glad to see WM is getting these as I was reading it might be an online exclusive (bleh!) a couple weeks ago.

The Jones/1960 Target now has an endcap with all 3 of the currently available exclusives. So if you haven't gotten them yet, they are there in quantity today. I had customer service check the Utapau clone dcpi for the entire Houston area. Nada.

E>

Oh, and I found a set of the Target exclusive JLU 3 packs at Copperfield yesterday...
I too came up short handed at the same Walmart this morning.
I did check out the MPire ornaments they were pretty cool. However, they are $3.54 a piece, but I'll probably get them since I really like this line.

Finally found the lava figures!!!!!!!!!!
I picked up a Gree and #62 at that Target as well

KB Toys at Willowbrook had the Arc 170.

TRU has the Falcon with new packaging down to $32 or $34 I think. Willowbrook TRU had several Arc 170 and the Hoth Battle pack. No luck with the holo Emperor
though.

Did anyone on here order any extra Covert Ops Clone Trooper or Wedge Antilles from shop.starwars.com?

If anyone finds an extra Emperor, I will buy it from you.

I was wondering if any of y'all would like to have a get together sometime on a Saturday? I know a few of us have in the past and it was pretty cool. It's kinda nice to put a face to the name. Just let me know.

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
Did anyone on here order any extra Covert Ops Clone Trooper or Wedge Antilles from shop.starwars.com?

If anyone finds an extra Emperor, I will buy it from you.

I was wondering if any of y'all would like to have a get together sometime on a Saturday? I know a few of us have in the past and it was pretty cool. It's kinda nice to put a face to the name. Just let me know.
Aieee...I saw just one Holo Emperor at TRU in Sugarland on Tuesday, someone just returned it. I passed on it coz I was trying to save some money. Wish I had picked it up now...TRU there also had the mini Mpire ornaments - c3po, r2, vader, luke and leia for $5.99/set....and the other Mpire ones for $3.99. They had the ceramic M&M filled cups - R2D2, Vader and Chewie...with a handle. Would have liked the R2 one except the dome was chopped off...so didn't look right.

I ordered the covert ops trooper from starwarsshop.com - see that they have charged my credit card, but have not received anything yet.

Nothing new at Target on 249/Jones in terms of toys. They have a musical Yoda Christmas snow globe (in the ornament section) that plays a pretty nice Let it Snow.

I would like to meet up if y'all are gathering somewhere over a weekend. I've only met Darth Bryan and at_at_commander so far (ha).

Reaction score

I would like to meet up Saturday, I have some things to get to some of you.

Reaction score

Kemah Walmart had about 10 of the gray clone evolutions pack. Had some Gunship and X-Wing Titanium vehicles too.

Reaction score

Target in Memorial City had a few Neimoidian repaints, Wookiee Commando's, plenty of SA Clones, and plenty Lava duo & Clone packs.
KB Toys had two Gree's & a Bly (hey, good sitcom title?) and the silver Vader gift pack.

TRU on Bunker Hill had new Ep.III Popcorn tins.
I don't know if you guys remember the Ep. II tins that were at Sam's Club, but it's the same size. Not a bad price at $6, and I think there's only one design since pretty much all the characters are depicted.
No holo-Emperors.

Oh, and speaking of good deals, Wal-Mart on Post Oak had a Star Wars Foosball table on sale for $49.98, $30 off retail price. They're on a pallet in the middle of the aisle not far from the toy section, close to the hunting gear. There were 4 left.

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
TRU has the Falcon with new packaging down to $32 or $34 I think. Willowbrook TRU had several Arc 170 and the Hoth Battle pack. No luck with the holo Emperor
though.
Just curious, did they have none in the store or just none on the shelf? The reson I ask is I was there today and there was a 'free holo figure with $30 purchase while supplies last' sign so they may have been behind the counter or something...

Darth_Bryan said:
Speaking of the weekend, anyone going to Wizard World?

E>

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
TRU on Bunker Hill had new Ep.III Popcorn tins.
I don't know if you guys remember the Ep. II tins that were at Sam's Club, but it's the same size. Not a bad price at $6, and I think there's only one design since pretty much all the characters are depicted.
I think those are pretty cool. I wish I would have picked up more when I had the chance. I have people asking about them all the time. I believe they came with chips instead of popcorn. I'll definitely grab a few if I see them. I think the artwork was very sharp for a popcorn collectible.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

Just curious, did they have none in the store or just none on the shelf? The reson I ask is I was there today and there was a 'free holo figure with $30 purchase while supplies last' sign so they may have been behind the counter or something...

[/QUOTE]

I went to the customer service desk and asked. The lady told me there were none behind the counter. They put out what figures they had and if they were gone they were sold out. That was what I was told so that's all I had to go by. I didn't see an employee I recognized so I can't be 100 percent sure.

Would anyone like to meet at Freebirds on Saturday? I've really been craving one of their burritos.
It's at 59 and Greenbriar.
freebirds.com

I don't know what is exactly between Clear Lake and NW Houston. Anybody have an idea of a place. We've met at the Edwards Marq*E Entertainment Center a couple times, but that's definitely closer to the NW side.
Marq*E Entertainment

Any suggests at a meeting place.

I know I have several things to get from a couple of you on the south side so I'll come to you if needed. My brother is out of the country for a month so I'm not going that way to spend a weekend. However, if you can meet me somewhere closer that would be great. If not I'll come to you.

Reaction score
Re: Holo Emperor Out Now!

Picked up battlefront 2 today. anybody play this online yet? I never played the first battlefront so I need to practice first cause right now I suck

Reaction score

I am willing to meet at the Marq*E. Nothing new this morning at TC Walmart.

Reaction score

WM dunvale has the new galactic heroes out and a bunch of the titanium x-wing/gunship/gift sets.

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
I think those are pretty cool. I wish I would have picked up more when I had the chance. I have people asking about them all the time. I believe they came with chips instead of popcorn.
Yeah the Sam's Club ones had individual bags of chips. This one has 3 sections of flavored popcorn- butter, cheddar cheese & caramel.

Reaction score

Nothing new at Fairmont TRU or Target. The Deerpark had the new Galactic Heros yesterday.

I don't think I can make any meeting up this weekend...too much going on. Hopefully, next time.

Reaction score

jhutt75 said:
Kemah Walmart had about 10 of the gray clone evolutions pack.
Thanks for the heads up, jhutt75! I just got back from there and picked up a couple sets. Now I just need that Target Shadow clone.

I don't think I can do a meet up this weekend either.

Bryan, I do have an extra Holo Emperor from my Amazon order if you need it. I still have those two Palm Talkers as well. LMK

GBU

Reaction score

jhutt75 said:
Thanks for the heads up, jhutt75! I just got back from there and picked up a couple sets. Now I just need that Target Shadow clone.

GBU
Did they have anymore left?

Reaction score

I can meet at either place if the timing is right. I am free anytime before 4 pm on Sat...hehehe..Sunday is ok with me all day.

Did not see anything new or exciting at 249/Spring Cypress Walmart, nor the Target at Jones/249. This will be my last lookaround the NW area as I will be changing jobs as of next week. Back to the SW and Galleria areas then.

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
jhutt75 said:

GBU
Did they have anymore left?
Yes, I left several behind.

GBU
Cool! I'll stop by there on my way home.

Reaction score

As far as meeting on Saturday earlier is better, or Sunday anytime.

Reaction score

jhutt75 said:

I don't think I can do a meet up this weekend either.

Bryan, I do have an extra Holo Emperor from my Amazon order if you need it. I still have those two Palm Talkers as well. LMK

GBU
I'll take you up on the Emperor figure as well.

How would meeting around 12 to 1pm be for those who can make it? I'm good anytime after 12:30pm on Sunday.

Bryan

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:

How would meeting around 12 to 1pm be for those who can make it? I'm good anytime after 12:30pm on Sunday.

Bryan
Are we meeting up on Sunday then? Which location? I'll send you a PM with my number Bryan, not sure if you still have it. I think I have your old number.

Had a friend pick up the C3PO M&M cookie jar at Target Sugarland for me. It apparently costs $2 more than the Vader one I got some time ago.

Reaction score

kozee said:
Darth_Bryan said:

Bryan
Are we meeting up on Sunday then? Which location? I'll send you a PM with my number Bryan, not sure if you still have it. I think I have your old number.

Had a friend pick up the C3PO M&M cookie jar at Target Sugarland for me. It apparently costs $2 more than the Vader one I got some time ago.
Sorry I meant to say I'm good anytime tomorrow or after 12:30 on Sunday.

Reaction score

Stormtrooper/Vader/Leia wave of cups are back at Baybrook Target for those who may have missed them. 2 Vaders, 3 Stormies, 3 Leias as of 8:00 last night...

Reaction score

Some things have come up for today so I can meet tommorrow anytime after 12.

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
Some things have come up for today so I can meet tommorrow anytime after 12.
Ok Sunday is fine with me. The Cowboys aren't playing tomorrow so I can miss some other games.

I can make it to the Marq*E plaza between 1:15 and 1:30 tomorrow. Probably closer to 1:30 since our last church service is over around 12:30 to 12:45.

Reaction score

Wiil do Bryan on the Holo Emperor! Have fun tomorrow. Hopefully I can catch you guys next time.

Only Star Wars find of the morning was the TRU Lego set with the ARC and Droid fighters boxed with a mini ship, poster and Revenge of the Brick DVD. No signs of the Shadow Trooper at the Fairmont/Almeda/Bay Brook Targets.

OT scores were the latest Family Guy wave of figures and the Simpsons THOH Monopoly game at the Bay Brook Hot Topic and some Die Hard Palz at Suncoast. The KB had a newer wave of FF figures that had Astronaut Ben if anyone is looking for that wave (Jedi Bebop?).

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
1:30 tommorrow Marq*E plaza count me in.
Sounds good to me. We can meet in front of Red Robins and then have some lunch if you have time. Red Robins is on the side with the Edwards Theater.

I'm pm my number in case you don't see me.

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
vdubbin2001 said:
1:30 tommorrow Marq*E plaza count me in.
Sounds good to me. We can meet in front of Red Robins and then have some lunch if you have time. Red Robins is on the side with the Edwards Theater.

I'm pm my number in case you don't see me.
OK gotcha number. I'll probably have to bring my son - so may not stay long. He can be rather disruptive. Cya!

Status
Not open for further replies.