Houston Area Reports Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: DVD Packs

Eldridge/1960 Wal-Mart- No new basic figures or Twin Exclusives but I did find some of the new ROTS DVD packs. There were 2 sets on the center aisle display. I bought one clonetrooper one which looks very nice. All 3 troopers have a cool paint scheme and the packaging is awesome. I wasn't impressed with the other ones though.

Wal-Mart Copperfield- They now have the Mpire posters available on the Mcdonalds side enterance. They are free. Also, I saw 4 boxes of the DVD sets, however, they were not on the shelf yet. One was cut at the top so maybe they'll put it out. Happy hunting.

Reaction score

Texas City Walmart had the Dvd sets this morning 2 of each. I bought one of the clones.

Reaction score

Ender said:
Wal-Mart Copperfield- They now have the Mpire posters available on the Mcdonalds side enterance. They are free. Also, I saw 4 boxes of the DVD sets, however, they were not on the shelf yet. One was cut at the top so maybe they'll put it out. Happy hunting.
Copperfield had a bunch of the DVD sets on the 4-way this morning so it looks like they put them out.

Btw, I see in your sig you collect LotR. Over the weekend I saw a new boxed set with a Cave Troll in it! Unfortunately I don't remember which WM I saw it at.
But I figured I'd give a heads up just in case it's something you'd be interested in.

E>

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
Btw, I see in your sig you collect LotR. Over the weekend I saw a new boxed set with a Cave Troll in it! Unfortunately I don't remember which WM I saw it at.
But I figured I'd give a heads up just in case it's something you'd be interested in.

E>
Thanks. I almost bought one this morning but I don't think 3 trolls will fit on my shelf to battle my Gondorian army. 2 Trolls will do just fine.

Oh, Wal-Mart on Spring Cypress/290 and Eldridge/1960 have the new Battle Troll giftpacks if anyone needs them.

Nothing new at local Targets.

Reaction score

I got tipped off by a friend that the Kemah Walmart had the DVD sets and I just picked up the last set.

I thought these were coming out next Tuesday? Oh well...

Reaction score

The Baybrook Best Buy had a display with the Anakin and Vader FX lightsabers. Didn't see the exclusive Unleashed Vader but the website says they should have them.

Nothing new at the Baybrook TRU and Target or the El Dorado Walmart.

GBU

Reaction score

TRU on Westheimer had one Ep.III Gunship left, and it was banged up pretty badly.
And for you LOTR collectors, they also had the new Trilogy figures. I got one Gondorian Swordsman, and left one, also left the shortpacked Legolas, which is basically Helm's Deep Legolas w/ a new soundchip base.
Also, the store formerly known as Voyager Toys is selling off many of the LOTR Sideshow/WETA statues at cost. So if you're interested at all PM me for their new store location.

Reaction score
Re: Holo Emperor Out Now!

Another collector and I both picked up 2 each of the Exclusive Holo Emperors today at Willowbrook Mall Toys R Us.
There were a bunch left. Probably 30. Good get 'em.

Target and Wal-Mart in the Willowbrook area each have a Bly. Target Jones/249 has a Gree. No final 5 yet and no Shadowtrooper register in the stockroom.

Reaction score

No Emps at Baybrook TRU, they have the Pez set though. Fairmont WM had the Boba M&M plushie.

Reaction score

Do you have to buy something to get the Holo Emperor, or can you just get it by itself?

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
Do you have to buy something to get the Holo Emperor, or can you just get it by itself?
Nope, just bought them. $9.99 per figure.

Reaction score
Re: DVD Sets!

Dunvale Wal-mart had DVD Commemorative Episode III DVD Collection 1, 2, and 3 this morning. Each collection had two sets. Also found the new Titanium gift set....

Reaction score

I went by the Willowbrook TRU at 7 pm last night and didn't see any Holo Emperors anywhere. Where were they? I wonder if they were bought or pulled.

Reaction score

I went there around 2pm yesterday and there was 2 banged up ones left after I bought one.

Reaction score

TFNScott said:
I went by the Willowbrook TRU at 7 pm last night and didn't see any Holo Emperors anywhere. Where were they? I wonder if they were bought or pulled.
There were about 5 pegs in the regular basic figure section. I bought 2 because I figured someone local might miss out. Its yours if you want it, for cost of course. PM if interested.

Reaction score

I went at 10:30 this morning and there was one in the pegs. Make sure to look down the right for the TRU sticker. I took the one up to the service desk and had them check the inventory, which showed 2 in store and a case on the way. TRU's inventory is not real time (it's updated daily) so someone might have bought the other one before I got there and it would have still shown up in the system.

UPC number is 653569116196 if you guys want to check some other stores.

And thanks for the heads up because I never find the TRU exclusive figures!

E>

Reaction score

I checked the Fairmont TRU and they didn't appear to have them.

Fairmont Target has some Lava figures for those that still need them.

Reaction score

After checking the Baybrook TRU earlier (nada) I just ordered a couple Holo Emperors from amazon.com as they were only $5 for the shipping. I'll save more than that by not having to go out looking for it. I should have an extra for anyone that strikes out.

The Silver Lake Target has plenty of the exclusives. Silver Lake Wal Mart had the second Titanium gift pack and the Ultimate Lightsaber set with the DVD. The DVD is the same one that came out with the lightsabers previously.

GBU

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
curious.is this the same holo emperor that was a SW shop OTC exclusive but in new packaging?
No. This is the same figure as RotS #12 Emperor Palpatine but cast in see-through purple plastic like the Yoda they had for midnight madness.

E>

Reaction score

cool i will look for that one.
Target meyerland had some tactical ops troopers and the holos this morning.about three sets of each.
shadowtrooper not yet in stockroom.

Reaction score

No Holo Emperors at Fairmont TRU.

Nothing at Fairmont Target except the same Lava figures.

Reaction score

TRU westheimer had 3 more emperors after the one i picked up as of 1100am.they are hanging on the red cage with the vader voice changers.real easy to miss if not looking for them.
WM dunvale had 1 dvd set and the small M&M plush wave with fett.

Reaction score

Saw the larger scale Titanium Gunship and X-Wing at the Kemah Wal Mart today. Nothing new otherwise there or at the Kemah Target.

GBU

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
TRU westheimer had 3 more emperors after the one i picked up as of 1100am.they are hanging on the red cage with the vader voice changers.real easy to miss if not looking for them.
I just got back from there and they're already gone. I saw the sign advertising it but the manager said they should get more in next week when the big toy book comes out.
Meanwhile I'm totally broke after the Halloween sale at Bedrock City. All SW figures (vintage & new) are 1/2 off.
I got the new Visual Dictionary for 25% off. The rest of my $$ was spent on trade paperbacks.

Reaction score

I picked up a Holo Emperor from the Baybrook TRU for $9.99+tax. They have them behind the customer service desk.

Reaction score

Man I wish I'd read this earlier. TRU closes at 9 right??

Reaction score

Curses.
o well, it'll be easier for me to go at 10 am and pick them up tomorrow. They have anything worth spending $30 on or should I just go for the 9.99 deal?

Reaction score

Yesterday, it looked like the Target on Jones/249 put out a bunch of the final 5. When I got there on the way to work, they only had one #64 and some other leftovers. That okay though, because I have a set coming from someone.

Nothing at the 249 Wal-Marts and no sign of the Spudtrooper anywhere.

Reaction score

Got my holo emperor about an hour ago, the case she pulled it from looked pretty full if anyone still needs one. Although you might have to ask a few people to get it, the first 2 girls i asked had no clue what I was talking about.

Reaction score
Sam\'s Exclusives!

I picked up the Arc-170 and Mustafar sets w/4 bonus figures today at the Texas City Sam's. I even got one of the display cases. They still have quite a few left.

Reaction score
Re: Sam\'s Exclusives!

Don't know if anyone noticed but walmart.com has 2 of the 3 3-packs in stock with only $.97 shipping.

>edit - the clone 3-pack is out of stock

Interesting find today, picked up a shock trooper from Baybrook Sears.

Reaction score
Re: Sam\'s Exclusives!

For those who want the Best Buy Unleashed Vader (staircase Vader in different packaging), the Willowbrook Best Buy has all their advertised SW stuff out already with one catch. Theres a sign saying that they will not have the advertised Vader on Tuesday and that it may be in later in the week. Just thought I'd pass this along for those interested. They did have MR FX Lightsabers (Anakin/Vader) for $100 though.

Reaction score
ROTS and SW Battlefront 2

Anybody on the NW side going out at midnight to pick these up? I really want to get the video game, but I just may wait and get it in the morning.

I'm still confused how this side of town still doesn't have the Lava figures or Spud Taters.
I've almost given up finding the last figures, but maybe with the push of the dvd release of ROTS they'll put more than a case out at a time.

I'm going to go to Sam's tomorrow and see if I can find the exclusives.

Reaction score
Re: ROTS and SW Battlefront 2

I picked up the Battlefront II for PS2 game at the Eldridge Gamestop at closing. They were giving out really nice system decals (computer, PS2, or X-Box).

I also plan on picking up the DVD tonight at midnight (Wal-Mart). When I picked up the ROTK dvd they handed out free magnets. Maybe they'll give out something good this time too.

Reaction score

Ender said:
I picked up the Battlefront II for PS2 game at the Eldridge Gamestop at closing. They were giving out really nice system decals (computer, PS2, or X-Box).

I also plan on picking up the DVD tonight at midnight (Wal-Mart). When I picked up the ROTK dvd they handed out free magnets. Maybe they'll give out something good this time too.
I thought about checking out a few Gamestops, but the ones in Copperfield don't put out games early. A couple of my friends were there at midnight to get Madden '06 early and they made them wait until the release date at midnight not 9pm.

I'll see if Walmart puts out anything good with the release.

Reaction score
Re: BB Exclusive Vader

Got my dvd 2 pack at Willowbrook Wal-Mart tonight. There was a bunch of the DVD three packs on the dvd display (plenty of clones). There were also the large Gunship and X-Wing Titaniums out. No new figures at all. Was kinda hoping for the twin exclusives.

EDIT: I picked up a Best Buy Exclusive Unleashed Vader at the Copperfield Best Buy (around 8am). The packaging on this is sweet and the figure has a slight bluish/redish tint from the original. Overall, from the ROTS graphics and Imperial top logo, this is just a really nice collectors item.

Reaction score

I tried the Fairmont Game Stop last night for BF2 but they were all reserved. Picked it up this morning at Target along with the $5 Vader Gift Card (Baybrook had plenty on the DVD new release end cap). Picked up the DVD at both Wal Mart and Target to get the goodies.

Nothing new figure wise at the El Dorado Wal Mart. I didn't check toys at the Baybrook Target as I had to get to work and all I'm looking for is the grey clone evolutions set.

GBU

Status
Not open for further replies.