Houston Area Reports Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Lava Duo

Found Bly (with yellow underarm stripe), Gree, Green Clone Commander, R4, Wookiee Commando & a Tactical Ops Trooper all at the Memorial City Target this afternoon. I think only a few Wookiees were left over.
Also picked up 2 new books at the Memorial B-Dalton... Steve Sansweet's poster book & 365 Days (with bonus CD-ROM). Both are nothing short of awesome, and highly recommended if you can afford them.
Bunker Hill TRU had plenty of Hoth battle packs & Obi-Wan's Starfighter.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
Found Bly (with yellow underarm stripe), Gree, Green Clone Commander, R4, Wookiee Commando & a Tactical Ops Trooper all at the Memorial City Target this afternoon. I think only a few Wookiees were left over.
Also picked up 2 new books at the Memorial B-Dalton... Steve Sansweet's poster book & 365 Days (with bonus CD-ROM). Both are nothing short of awesome, and highly recommended if you can afford them.
Bunker Hill TRU had plenty of Hoth battle packs & Obi-Wan's Starfighter.
I saw the John Knoll book and it does look great. I was trying to find it at Borders with their 20% off, but I didn't have any luck.

The Memorial City Target had the same wave the Copperfield Target had yesterday. I just can't figure out how the two Targets closest to me still don't have the other figures though.

Reaction score

Target westchase had plenty of the lava duo but nothing new on the basic figs front.
entered the # for the shadow trooper but it said it was not in stock.
only need the two holo's & tact ops trooper 2 b complete.

Reaction score

Target Spring Cypress/290- still nothing. No exclusives, no new basic.

Target Jones/249- nothing except a blue royal guard. No exclusives yet either. Guess the Northwest side is slow to put them out or something.

Target Jones/1960- No new basic figures or exclusives. However, I did pick up my first Target cup set. They had 2 clonetroopers, 2 Grevious, and 2 Obi-Wans. I bought one of the clone sets because I thought they looked nice. Left everything else.

Reaction score

The Fairmont TRU had a pair of the Wookie Commando's mixed with some older stuff tonight so it seems they got some new Collection 1 figs. Fairmont Target had a couple Clone Battle Packs and PK Fighters. No Lava figs or new regular figures. Fairmont Walmart moved all the shelf warmers to the center aisle display so nothing new there.

GBU

Reaction score

Target on 59& 6 had the lava duo but no new figs.
WM's at 90/kirkwood/westpark had no new figs to offer either.the only "new" thing i saw was the spudtrooper.

Reaction score
Shoppin\'

I visited the Wal-Mart on Westheimer and Kirkwood. Nothing new there though they had a lot of Clone Trooper 3-packs and Jet Pack Clonetroopers. (Note to self: Don't move to a neighborhood where the Wal-Mart keeps DVDs locked in a glass case.) I also visited the Target near Westheimer and Beltway 8. They had one PK Starfighter and that was it.

Reaction score
Re: Shoppin\'

Targets on Jones/1960 and Spring Cypress/290 got some older figures and a sith-eyed Anakin. No new ones though. Still no exclusives for those who still need them.

Also, Academy (1960/290) is sold out of Astros Champions gear as of exactly 9:00am today. Managed to grab the last Champions cap though.

Reaction score

Targets meyerland/mem. city/post oak yielded no new figs.
all did have plenty of lava duo.none showed that the shadowtrooper was in stock anywhere.

Reaction score

I just came back from the Meyerland Target, and besides the Lava duel figures, I finally found Plo Koon's Starfighter & Clone Assault packs. They're on an endcap where the F4 figures used to be, and they had plenty of everything.
They also have the Batman Anthology box set for a $49.95 sale price.

Wal-Mart on Dunvale moved all their SW stuff in the middle of the toy aisle. I guess in anticipation of the Ep. III DVD. Hardly any figures at all.

Reaction score
Skywalker Ranch Shirts

I recently went to Skywalker Ranch for the rollout of the Episode III DVD. While there, I bought a bunch of shirts for some friends. I now have a few extras left over that are too big for me and I'd like to get rid of them. Any of you interested? I have the following:

2XL Charcoal Gray T Shirt - Small black embroidered Skywalker Ranch logo - $22
XXXL Black T-shirt - Small white embroidered Skywalker Ranch logo - $23
2XL Black Button up short sleeve shirt - Small white embroidered Skywalker Ranch logo - $70

I'll e-mail photos to anyone if you're interested. I live at 290 and 1960, so I'd be happy to meet someone in person to trade off.

My write-ups and revies of the visit can be found here:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/dvdreviewsnews.php?id=11495

Scott

Reaction score
Re: Skywalker Ranch Shirts

Cool. I'm interested in the first gray t-shirt and I live very close to you. Sending you a PM for meet up location.

Reaction score

Hit some Targets and Wal-marts this morning (lately Ender has been saving me the trip since we seem to cover about the same area) and while there was nothing new in Star Wars, in case any of you guys collect the Justice League animated figures, both Memorial and Copperfield Targets had the new single carded figures including Atom Smasher, Hawk, Dove, green/blue translucent Martian Manhunter, and the cyber/planet WW, Supes and Bats.

If any of you do get the JLU stuff, I'd appreciate a heads up if you see the Target exclusive 3 packs with Orion, Black Canary, and Bizzaro. thx!
E>

Reaction score

I saw the same individual JLU figures at the Meyerland Target yesterday. I prefer them to the 3-packs because with the single carded you get accessories.
And I did see The Black Canary & Bizarro sets at the same store about a month ago, but they didn't last long.
I'm sure more will come soon. Will give you a heads-up though.

Reaction score

The Baybrook KB put out a bunch of Bly (yellow shoulder disk), Gree, and Nemoidian Commanders tonight. Didn't see any of the other Collection 1 final 12. They were in the regular section and on an endcap farther back in the store. Baybrook Target and TRU had nothing.

GBU

Reaction score

Willowbrook TRU didn't have anything new They had a bunch of 12" Luminari Unduli and Shaak Ti dolls, but that's about it.

Reaction score

No sign of the final 5 at Kemah Target this morning. They had 1 set of Gree, Bly, etc. but that's it.

Reaction score
Score!

I went back to the Meyerland Borders this morning to use my %25 off coupon for the Vader FX Saber (they still have lots of the exclusive Luke saber) and found the Tactical Ops Clone at the Target there. Looks like I'm caught up on the final 12. Sweet!

GBU

Reaction score
Re: Score!

Nothing new at Memorial City Target today. Interestingly, though, the Utapau clone DCPI came up as N/A stockroom and N/A shelf today. Previously it was N/A and No.

If anybody collects Neca's Nightmare Before Christmas figures, the Spencers at that mall had series 3 today.

E>

Reaction score

Ok just got back from Fry's(Nasa) buying a cd. Look over at an endcap and they have Star Wars evolutions, battlepacks and the final 5 figs. If anyone needs the Tactical and holos they are 7.99
If you need the tactical and holos pm me.

Reaction score

PM sent.

Target on Jones and 249 finally put up their endcap with exclusives (no Shadowtrooper). No new basic figures.

Reaction score

I got 3 of the last 4 I need from Fairmont Target today. I just need the Wookie Heavy Gunner #68.

Reaction score

Getting up early on Sunday's finally paid off. Got all of the final 5 at Baybrook Target this morning. They had quite a few Tactical Ops left if you guys need them.

Reaction score

Windu I am glad you got those for a better price than $7.99. I am going to Columbus hitting WM on the way today looking for the Dvd figure sets, will pick up a few extras if I find them.

Reaction score

No more tactical ops at Baybrook, at least none on the pegs. I snagged the last one. Also, picked up the Wookiee Heavy Gunner at Fry's.

Kemah finally reset their endcap and has the Clone attack battlepacks and Lava Figs, but no final 5.

Reaction score

Tidwell/290 Wal-mart had 2 R4s, 2 holo Plo Koons, and 2 Meena this morning. Picked up one R4 and Plo, so now I just need holo Aayla, Tactical Ops Clone and Tarkin.

Tomball Target had new Teen Tians figures - Red X/Cinderblock and Slade influence Robin/Terra. Walmart there had several of the deluxe clone 3 packs with green markings.

Huff T, the red clone 3 pack in your sig you need, is that the deluxe series? I saw one at the Tidwell Wal-mart and I've seen them around elsewehere. I can pick one up next time I see it if you like.

E>

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
Huff T, the red clone 3 pack in your sig you need, is that the deluxe series? I saw one at the Tidwell Wal-mart and I've seen them around elsewehere. I can pick one up next time I see it if you like.

E>
Thanks! But the one I need is the older one from the Clone Wars line.

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
Lol! I had a feeling it wasn't that deluxe one. I've just seen it around too much! Maybe the CW one will be at Wizard World Dallas...

E>

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
Huff_T said:
Lol! I had a feeling it wasn't that deluxe one. I've just seen it around too much! Maybe the CW one will be at Wizard World Dallas...

E>
Are you going to Wizard World?
I want to, but I have to be at a work seminar & can't make the weekend.
I might try to sneak in there Friday to meet Summer Glau & get an Aayla Secura sketch from Tom Hodges.

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
I got 3 of the last 4 I need from Fairmont Target today. I just need the Wookie Heavy Gunner #68.
From the looks of it all you guys are doing pretty well with the last 12. The only 1 I have seen is number 58.
I did manage to pick up the Target Battle Pack, but that's about it. I haven't been too lucky lately.

If anyone of the NW side has any more luck with the last 12, could you pick me up some figures. That would save me some more wasted trips.

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
If anyone of the NW side has any more luck with the last 12, could you pick me up some figures. That would save me some more wasted trips.
You got it. I keep striking out at the Targets around here. Hopefully Wal-Mart will pull through because I am there alot more. Will pick up extras for you if I see 'em (plus I have an extra Mpire poster as well).

Target in Tomball had their exclusive endcap this afternoon. They were almost out of Lava Anakin/Darth Vader. Plenty of the others.

Target on Spring Cypress/290- no exclusives, no basic figures, no anything really. Pick up a DVD I was looking for though.

Reaction score

thanks vdubbin for the tip on FRYS.went to the one on 59&murphy and found holo plo,gree,and the wookie gunner.

Elmeaux FYI if you have not been to Wizard b4 i went last year and the lines to get the tix for autogaphs were wicked long.if you dont have VIP expect a long wait.i had fun i hope you do as well.

Reaction score

gonna hit a bunch a replies in one to keep the number of posts down....

Jedi_Bebop said:
Are you going to Wizard World?
I want to, but I have to be at a work seminar & can't make the weekend.
I might try to sneak in there Friday to meet Summer Glau & get an Aayla Secura sketch from Tom Hodges.
Yes, planning on it. Hopefully a friend of mine from back home is going to be able to come up with us.

Darth_Bryan said:
From the looks of it all you guys are doing pretty well with the last 12. The only 1 I have seen is number 58.
I did manage to pick up the Target Battle Pack, but that's about it. I haven't been too lucky lately.

Man, I wish I'd had time to read the forum this morning before I left!! Both Targets on Jones had new figures. I was able to pick up Aayla and T. Ops for myself (I got them to pull a fresh case from the back since the pegs were half empty) but I also saw at least Gree, Bly, Cat, Passel, R4, Neimodian and Plo.

Ender's probably already been to those ahead of me though.

at_at_commander said:
Elmeaux FYI if you have not been to Wizard b4 i went last year and the lines to get the tix for autogaphs were wicked long.if you dont have VIP expect a long wait.i had fun i hope you do as well.
I've never been to WW but this is the first year in the past 4 I haven't gone to Megacon in Orlando so I've got a pretty good idea of what to expect, though I'm thinking WW may be a little smaller. Luckilly, I have no interest in autographs so those long lines won't be a problem for me. My wife gets kick out of seeing the "celebrities" in real life, but doesn't want to actually talk to them so as long as we can walk by the area it's all good.

My favorite cons were the two Big Easy Cons that the guys who do Mid Ohio put on. Those were a little bigger than the Dallas Comicon but much nicer and better organized. It's too bad they couldn't draw the crowds they needed to keep putting them on.

E>

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
Huff_T said:

I don't think I've found a single figure on my own. I've got the 11 of 12 from tips and fellow scummers. My luck of finding them on my own has been horrible lately. If I see anything for you I'll pick it up.

Reaction score
ROTS DVD sets

I found the ROTS DVD sets at the Atascocita Wal Mart at lunch. They were on one of the shelves on the aisle display back by the toy section. Looks like they got plenty so they shouldn't be too hard to find.

GBU

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
Man, I wish I'd had time to read the forum this morning before I left!! Both Targets on Jones had new figures. I was able to pick up Aayla and T. Ops for myself (I got them to pull a fresh case from the back since the pegs were half empty) but I also saw at least Gree, Bly, Cat, Passel, R4, Neimodian and Plo.

Ender's probably already been to those ahead of me though.
Nope. I hit Spring Cypress/290 Target and Copperfield and both had nothing so I didn't want to waste the gas hitting the others.
Just goes to show you that one Target may get nothing and another may get everything. Still looking for 65+, if anyone sees good carded ones please pick me up a set. I'll even pay a little extra for your troubles.

Reaction score

The Wal-Mart on Post Oak had one corrected # R4. No sign of the DVD packs.
I can't believe they've had 3 Mystiques just sitting there since this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.