Houston Area Reports Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Spudtrooper

vdubbin2001 said:
Found one at TC/LM walmart they had one left.
Galveston Target has the end cap change w/the available exclusives.
Including the Shock Trooper?

Reaction score

If Galveston Target had the exclusives out, then Baybrook and Kemah can't be far behind. Has anyone checked those locations yet today...?

Reaction score

Still nothing at Meyerland Target this morning. But if Galveston has them then I hopefully that means they're making their way into the area.

Oh, GBU, I'm not sure how bad you want that Phasing Vision, but Yikes Comics.com has him in stock for $34.99 + shipping.
In fact they have nearly the entire ML collection in stock.
I might have to break down & order a Toad from them. I was one of those goofs who didn't buy him when he was a pegwarmer. Now he's tripled in price.

Reaction score
Re: Spudtrooper? Target Exclusive

If anyone on the NW finds the Spudtrooper please post it. I've been looking for one and haven't seen one. I've been much decided I'll have to buy the plush saber from ebay because I've never seen one around here or heard of someone even finding one.

Target in Copperfield still doesn't have the Lava figures or Starfighter showing up in their inventory. I did notice they had the Gree wave, but all I saw this morning was a Wookie Commando.

Reaction score
Green Clone 3 pack

I don't know if this is news or not, but I saw two of the Clone 3-packs with the Green kneeling clone at the KB Toys at Willowbrook. That's the only one of the variations I'd never seen before. I bought one.

E>

ps. vdubbin2001, I pm'd you about meeting but never heard back. Just wondering if you got it and if that figure is still available. thx!

Reaction score
Re: Green Clone 3 pack

Jedi_Bebop, I'm tempted but I decided not to pay more than retail for the ML chases when I started. I've lucked into the other chases but the Vision is the only one I really wanted. I still see the 'Best of' case showing up at Wal Mart so I'll continue to bide my time.

I picked up the Luke FX saber from Borders at Meyerland this afternoon. They had several reserved behind the counter but someone pulled one from the back for me. I got a %25 off coupon to be used in two weeks so I think I'll go back for the Vader FX saber as they had plenty.

Geckolowe, Baybrook hasn't reset the endcap but they have the Lava figures listed as being in the stock room. The Almeda Target did reset the endcap but only had the Clone Battle Pack out. I checked their inventory and they listed the Lava figures as being on the shelf but I couldn't find any. I suspect someone stashed a few so they are still showing up in the computer inventory. None of the Targets I checked had the Shadow Clone Trooper in stock. I also hit the Meyerland, Astrodome, and Pearland Targets with no signs of the final five.

GBU

Reaction score

GBU where did you get the 25% off coupon? I want a Vader fx too.

Reaction score

Borders printed it out on a receipt, much like the useless Target volume of paper you get. I almost turned around to buy the Vader saber but it's only good in two weeks.

GBU

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
Borders printed it out on a receipt, much like the useless Target volume of paper you get. I almost turned around to buy the Vader saber but it's only good in two weeks.

GBU

I received a 15% off coupon if I did this phone survey. It only applies to regularly priced items though.

Reaction score
Mustafa set

Target in Sugarland near 59 had a whole lotta Lava Mustafa Obis and Vaders at a reset end-cap. There were also two Coruscant Clone sets. No Shadowtroopers to be found. As a matter of fact, the last couple of times I visited Targets, the scanners were offline or not working - must have seen me coming.

Reaction score
Re: Mustafa set

Wal-Mart on Spring Cypress and 249(Tomball Parkway) has at least 4 shocktroopers, 2 Black Pilots, and lots of Green Clone Commanders in the center aisle display.

Still no luck with the final figures or Shadowtroopers at Target.

Reaction score

Nothing new at the Baybrook Target or TRU. The Clone Battle Packs were gone from the Almeda Target and nothing new there except the Lego Ultimate Space Battle set with the Jedi Fighters.

GBU

Reaction score

Galveston Target still has 6 or so Clone Battlepacks and 2 sets of the Lava figs. TC/LM walmart still has the one spudtrooper.

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
Galveston Target still has 6 or so Clone Battlepacks and 2 sets of the Lava figs. TC/LM walmart still has the one spudtrooper.
Kirby Target has about 8-10 sets of the Lava figures on the end cap and 5/6 Clone Battle Packs but some of them looked crushed.

Reaction score

Kemah Target had two clone attack battlepacks as of 3:30. They haven't redone their endcap.

Fairmont Target has redone their endcap but didn't have squat.

Reaction score

meyerland and westcahse Target yielded no figures lava or otherwise.picked up a set of SW pillow cases in Hot Topic galleria.Sharper image had a life size vader helmut ($$$$)
and a mini movie poster placard that was pretty cool.

Reaction score

Tomball Wal-Mart has a fresh restock of Marvel Legends (Black Panther, Mystique, Cyclops ect.). Also, more black clone pilots.

Reaction score

Nothing at Baybrook Target seems all departments were stocking except toys.

Reaction score

Kemah target has 1 Bly, Gree, and Wookiee Commando on the pegs. They also had a handful of Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter. No sign of lava figs or final 5.

Reaction score

Target in Spring had lots of lava figs so I picked up one of each. Wanted to get a few more for fellow scummers but at 12.99 the wife was NOT having it...

Reaction score
Lava Duo at 1960 / Dallas con?

Went by the new 1960 Target this evening and they had around 8 of each of the lava reflection figures. They also had about 5 of the Target battle packs. Check the end cap for the lava figures.

Did anyone got to the Dallas Comicon today? Was it worth the drive(btw, how long of a drive is it?) I'm thinking of going tomorrow.

E>

Reaction score
Re: Lava Duo at 1960 / Dallas con?

Elmeaux said:
Went by the new 1960 Target this evening and they had around 8 of each of the lava reflection figures. They also had about 5 of the Target battle packs. Check the end cap for the lava figures.

Did anyone got to the Dallas Comicon today? Was it worth the drive(btw, how long of a drive is it?) I'm thinking of going tomorrow.

E>
If you plan on going tomorrow, the hours are Noon to 5pm.

I'm not sure exactly how long the drive is to Plano, but I can say from here to Dallas is normally around 4 to 4 1/2 hours. I haven't driven from here to the Plano Convention Center, but I know some guys on here have gone to it in years past.

Copperfield Target still does not have any figures listed in their system except the Battle Pack.
I have checked everyday and it's the same. I plan on checking out that Target on the one on 290 at Spring Cypress to see if I can find the Lava Reflection figures. The one on Spring Cypress has them in the backroom, but will not put them out until tomorrow. I think I'll go out there after church tomorrow, but not for too long so I can watch the Cowboys!!!

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan if you end up needing those lava figs let me know and I will check around here.

Reaction score

you guys might have already seen them but the baybrook target has an endcap with the lava figs. They had about 6 or so of each at about 9:30 tonight so if you go sometime early tomorrow there should still be plenty...

Reaction score
new books

Forgot to mention I also saw a couple new SW books yesterday at Barnes and Noble. Star Wars Complete Locations and Creating the Worlds of Star Wars: 365 Days. 365 was an awesome book with a lot of shots I'd never seen before. Definitely worth checking out. Both of these are going on my Christmas list

E>

Reaction score
Re: Lava Duo

Baybrook target still has 5 lava obis 4 anakins. There were 3 cases of figs on the cart.

Reaction score

Anyone in Houston finding R4-P17? Also, are any of the final 12 ROTS showing up at your TRUs? TRU and WM are up and running here, but neither has gotten new basic figures since June. My only source for new ROTS, Target, got spanked by Rita and won't re-open until December at the earliest.

Reaction score

No sign of the last 5 at either targets, wal-marts, TRU or KB's today in the Clear Lake area.

Reaction score

Checked some Targets today. Pretty much nothing. They have the sale prices but only Tomball's Target had any exclusives out (just Plo Koon's Fighter). No endcap displays yet at either 249 Targets.

Tomball's Wal-Mart was handing out some nice doublesided M-Pire posters. One side has Anakin, one has Darth Vader. I didn't see this at other nearby Wal-Marts yet. I managed to pick up one but want another one to display both sides.

Reaction score

Ender said:
Checked some Targets today. Pretty much nothing. They have the sale prices but only Tomball's Target had any exclusives out (just Plo Koon's Fighter). No endcap displays yet at either 249 Targets.

Tomball's Wal-Mart was handing out some nice doublesided M-Pire posters. One side has Anakin, one has Darth Vader. I didn't see this at other nearby Wal-Marts yet. I managed to pick up one but want another one to display both sides.
Were they handing them out for something special? What size were the posters? I've been collecting the Mpire stuff and that sounds cool.

Reaction score
Dallas ComicCon

Well, I just came home from the Dallas show.
Pretty good haul, too.
Of course many dealers had new figures that were way overpriced. A few had Gree & Bly for $10. One guy had a 501st for $15 & Shocktroopers for $12. I also saw a Jedi Temple Assault for $50!
Plo Koon's ship was everywhere for as little as $20, one guy had the Shadow Trooper (so at least we know he's out there!), and most everyone had the Lava figures for $20 each. Good thing I didn't pay those prices, because one Target off the Spring Creek parkway had both of them! Although only one Obi-Wan & the other Anakin had a crooked saber.
I did hit some TRU & Wal-Marts in the area, but of course they were cleaned out.

But I did get some DC Direct figures at good prices, and the Yoda & both Sandtrooper busts below retail. The rest of my cash went to autographs & artwork.

I finally got to meet Carrie Fisher (total diva!)
But Adam Baldwin was super nice. So was everyone else I met.
Good thing I bought the VIP, otherwise I'd have wasted half the weekend waiting in lines!

I was able to get a Darth Sidious sketch from Cynthia Cummens & ordered a Yoda sketch card from Cat Staggs.
Not to mention a lot of original panels from Splash Page Art.

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
Ender said:

Were they handing them out for something special? What size were the posters? I've been collecting the Mpire stuff and that sounds cool.
There approximately as big as the Holographic Episode III posters that Sam Goodies used to sell. Don't have a ruler but I'd say 12 by 20 inches. Not very big but nice for a freebee.

When I got off my shift they were all out except for the one I got. They still had plenty of the small booklets which are for kids detailing Halloween tips. I got one anyways. These looks like promotions for both Halloween and the release of Episode III DVD.

Heres some pics. Sorry about the flash.
http://tinypic.com/eq2d1c.jpg
http://tinypic.com/eq2ed0.jpg

Reaction score

Heres a quick area report.

Target Spring Cypress/290 - Nada
Target Jones/1960 - Nada
Target (Willowbrook Mall area/1960)- Clone Battlepack and at least 2 cases of the Lava Anakins and Obi-Wans. All looked untouched as of 9 am. No new basic figures.

Oh. and no Shadowtroopers register in the stockrooms at any of these Targets yet.

Reaction score

Found a set of #44, 46, 47 & 48 at the Humble Target on sale for $4.31.
No signs of the Tactical Ops Clone.
They had about two cases of the Lava figs on the end cap with a few Plo Koons fighters.

[edit: I found the case assortment in another thread
1x C-3PO (EIII #18), 1x Royal Guard (EIII #23), 1x Meena Tills - Mon Calamari Senator (EIII #47), 1x Utapaun Warrior (EIII #53), 1x Zett Jukassa -(Tado) (EIII #52), 1x Wookiee Heavy Gunner (EIII #68), 2x Tactical Ops Clone Trooper (EIII #65), 1x Plo Koon (Holograph) (EIII #66) , 1x Aayla Secura (Holograph) (EIII #67 , and 2x R4-P17 Astromech Droid (EIII #64).
so it seems I found the entire case on pegs except the two Tactical Ops Clones. ]

GBU

Reaction score

Copperfield Target had the 5 pack out, but nothing else to see. I heard that Target had the last wave, but it wasn't there when I arrived.
I was too late. The one morning I don't check it out and the figures are there.

Reaction score

Tonight I saw a lone ROTS Gunship at Willowbrook Mall Kaybees. Thought I'd mention this because they are pretty scarce now.

Reaction score

Didn't see anything new at the Copperfield Target or the one on 290 and Spring Cypress.
Apparently the Lava duo just hasn't made it to this side of town yet.

Reaction score

Both the Baybrook and Almeda Targets had plenty of the Clone Battle Packs, both had Lava figs (Almeda a lot more than Baybrook). No new regular figures. Baybrook TRU had lots of Sith and yellow Clone Evolution sets.

GBU

Status
Not open for further replies.