Houston Area Reports Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Saga Hoth wave found

Last night the Fairmont Target had all the Saga Hoth wave, new Unleashed Battle Packs and the latest Titanium wave (including the Gunship). Left them all.

Also, my EE Astro Droid sets arrived yesterday!

GBU

Reaction score

found the driver and the power droid today at the westhase Target.they had about three sets of the whole wave also plenty of the felucia and kashyykk (not sure of spelling) battlepacks.

Reaction score

I was kinda suprised today to find the Target on 59 @ Bellaire closed down.
I've been going to that store for years, and I'll never forget how I got lucky there with the 12" Luke/Wampa set everyone was going nuts for back in '97.
Really sad to see it go.

Reaction score
Slow Saga roll-out

Jedi_Bebop said:
I was kinda suprised today to find the Target on 59 @ Bellaire closed down.
I've been going to that store for years, and I'll never forget how I got lucky there with the 12" Luke/Wampa set everyone was going nuts for back in '97.
Really sad to see it go.
Yes, I was very disappointed to find out couple weeks ago that the 59/Bellaire Target was to close end of Jan. It's the most convenient one for me and I've found many treasures there. Is it just me or is the Saga wave kinda being rolled out REALLY SLOW. I picked up the R2 and the walking Darth at Sugarland Target Monday morning - but the pegs look forlorn...speaking of which - this forum is moving pretty slowly these days too!

Reaction score
Re: Slow Saga roll-out

Yep, things are very slow in the stores I went to today. One or two Saga figures in the Wal-Marts, Kaybees still has lots of Wave 1, and TRU as a few wave 1 reminents.

The only new thing I saw was they finally put out the Wave 2 deluxe McFarlane Dragon at Willowbrook TRU. I'll keep an eye out for the newest wave of Saga but so far its really empty out there.

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm all caught up for the moment, and eagerly awaiting the Geonosis wave.

In fact the only figure I'm looking out for at the moment is Super Skrull from the Fantastic Four Classics line. TRU Westheimer got their shipment in, but of course he was long gone when I noticed them.

Reaction score

i am currently up to date as well.
i myself am drooling over the courasant wave.cant wait to get my hands on that one.

any WM i go to still has bare shelves.slim pickens at best.Target has been the place lately for anything new.

Reaction score

I went to the W*M Dunvale & they have no figures whatsoever.

But TRU had some nice finds. Even the Super Skrull I was looking for! Plus I found the Titanium CW painted Gunship & white TIE Fighter.
They also actually had a small restock of Ep.III figures. I took advantage & picked up 2 Battle Droids.

Reaction score

It has been slow. I've seen the usual Saga figures at different stores but that's about it. I'm just waiting for the 3rd wave and my Bounty Hunter set to come in from Starwarsshop.com, which I orderd back in July.
EE already got their shipment.

Reaction score

I saw the Bounty Hunters set at Bedrock City. Nice packaging but they're all figures I've already got.

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
It has been slow. I've seen the usual Saga figures at different stores but that's about it. I'm just waiting for the 3rd wave and my Bounty Hunter set to come in from Starwarsshop.com, which I orderd back in July.
EE already got their shipment.
I recieved my Bounty Hunters from SWShop.com about a week ago. Nice set. Now I'm waiting for my EE droids, which should come in any day now.

Speaking of droids, I'm still looking for a Hoth R2. If anyone happens to spot one on the southeast side, let me know!

Reaction score
Re: Wake Up!

Checked some Targets this morning and didn't see any Geonosis wave yet. I did see, however, at closing the Tomball Target has everyone from the hoth wave minus Vader.

Wal-Marts seem to be dragging their feet with saga. I haven't even seen the new Unleashed battlepacks yet there and some have no Saga figures at all or just Bib Fortuna. Saw a huge endcap of those star wars motocycles at Copperfield Wal-Mart though.

Reaction score
Re: Wake Up!

Memorial City Target had a full complement of Hoth wave at opening this morning, including Vader. The buying pattern on this wave is not what I expected. I've seen more AT-AT drivers than Vaders up until this morning.

E>

Reaction score
Missed \'em by THAT MUCH!

Went to Target in Meyerland this afternoon to find only Yoda was left from the Geonosis wave.
Ah well, at least we know they're hitting Houston.

They had all Hoth figures except for Vader & the AT-AT Driver.

Reaction score
Found \'em.

Found The Geonosis wave at Tomball Target this morning. Picked up the Clone, Scorch, Sun Fac and Sora Bulq. There was still 2 Yoda, 2 Poggle, a Sun, both package versions of 3PO, and a Jango.

E>

Reaction score
Re: Found \'em.

Nice find! I guess I'll start looking. Hopefully, I can find them at Walmart($1 cheaper)before Target but I'll take what I can find.

Reaction score
Re: Found \'em.

Darn, I hit 4 Targets this morning and all just had the hoth wave. Maybe tomorrow I'll get lucky. I really hope Wal-Mart gets these too but so far no dice.

I did hit Willowbrook Wal-Mart and they have zero saga figures. They did have 3 Clone Wars II DVD packs (one of Cody, 2 of the other).

Target on Spring Cypress,290 was the only one with Vaders this morning.

EDIT: Copperfield Wal-Mart has 2 sets of the new titaniums. Its the first time I've seen the Clone Wars gunship. Left everything.

Reaction score
Marvel Legends collectors...brace yourselves!

I went out to Meyer Park Wal-Mart this evening, on a tip that a heap of new Marvel Legends figures are beginning to hit all at once...

http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=19048

It's an exclusive series which you collect all the figures to build Giant Man. There's also Hero vs. Villain 2-packs & a box set of Monsters.

They didn't have anything new but I did see the Hoth wave, which is something because I haven't seen any SW figures there in a few months.

Reaction score
Re: Marvel Legends collectors...brace yourselves!

ML report is bogus... pretty well done, but bogus. These are not out in the states yet... Although, the thought of some magic Wal-Mart in Kansas is pretty neat... Don't waste your gas just yet trying to track these down.

MC

Reaction score

Not bogus. From Fwooshnet:

"Ok I wanted to check with out HK office before I posted this because I saw the images of the W-M wave last night on line and the person who posted states that they were found in the states. Apparently there was a sales meeting where 1 pallet (or) 5 of what's referred to as a PDQ were rushed to make this sales meeting and were not intended to be turned around to be sold at retail! I'm Not sure why this was done but that very limited amount of product is now at retail in that one state and probably at that one store.

What's really frustrating is that this lines not in production yet and that product that was rushed together ONLY for that sales meeting and does not represent the final working product. The deco articulation and function and fit of the product is NOT finished.

You will all see the FINAL product and much more on Sunday.

Best,

Jesse Falcon"

But they aren't out there just yet either.

E>

Reaction score

tried numerous Targets meyerland,post oak,mem. city,westchase.all had no new offerings.

Reaction score
Geo wave

Wow! The guy that found those ML's is probably kicking himself after opening what turns out to be prototypes. D'oh!

I saw part of the Geo wave yesterday at the Silver Lake Target. Only had the two Geonosians and Yoda. I'm only looking for Scorch and the Clone so I was SOL.

I did get my order in for the Sideshow exclusive Bespin Han.

Reaction score
Re: Geo wave

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
Wow! The guy that found those ML's is probably kicking himself after opening what turns out to be prototypes. D'oh!
I know I would be.

I got my pre-order for the exclusive Bespin Han, too. They upped the number to 2,000 pieces so it took about an hour to sell out this time. The regular version is still available.

Reaction score

just read about that Ultimate Galactic Hunt.i dont know if i have the luck to find those chase figures but it would be nice.
i definitely want that lucas stormtrooper.

Reaction score

Just read about those chase figures too. These slight changes don't really interest me. If I run into one I might get it, but if I already have that one on a normal card I probably will pass.

Also, I noticed that StarWarsShop.com has the new VOTC style figure case for sale up on their front page for $126.94 shipped. 2 of each figure included. So about $12.70 a figure. Not too shaby, plus you would be able to have some cards to cut up for the mailaway and not have to compete with army builders for the scouttrooper.

Reaction score

Ender said:
Just read about those chase figures too. These slight changes don't really interest me. If I run into one I might get it, but if I already have that one on a normal card I probably will pass.

Also, I noticed that StarWarsShop.com has the new VOTC style figure case for sale up on their front page for $126.94 shipped. 2 of each figure included. So about $12.70 a figure. Not too shaby, plus you would be able to have some cards to cut up for the mailaway and not have to compete with army builders for the scouttrooper.
That's not too bad. I'm considering ordering a case. Also, I think there is a sticker you send off rather than cutting out a POP.

I'm confused, what's the chase figures? I don't think I read anything about them.

No sign of the Geo wave for me.

Reaction score
treasure hunt figs

news from the starwars,com page :

Treasure Hunt Figures
Throughout the month of May, special limited edition "silver foil" chase figures will flow out to retail. Consisting of a foil package, a special vac-metal silver foil display base, and a silver-painted version of the hologram figure, these will be prized variations for the die-hard Star Wars collector.

There will be 10 different Silver Foil chase figures in all, with two foil variants included per case pack of 12 figures. The figures include...

* Darth Vader
* Han Solo (with Carbonite)
* Boba Fett
* Snowtrooper
* AT-AT Driver
* Commander Cody
* Anakin Skywalker
* Obi-Wan Kenobi
* General Grievous
* Scorch (from Star Wars: Republic Commando)

--- thats it

Reaction score
Re: treasure hunt figs

I'd like to order that VOTC case from the shop, except I fear FedEx shipping will be close to $20, and usually the shop gets figures much later than the time they hit retail, so we might find them all in stores before they actually ship.

Oh, and nothing at Dunvale Wal-Mart tonight.

Reaction score

eronel said:
news from the starwars,com page :

Treasure Hunt Figures
Throughout the month of May, special limited edition "silver foil" chase figures will flow out to retail. Consisting of a foil package, a special vac-metal silver foil display base, and a silver-painted version of the hologram figure, these will be prized variations for the die-hard Star Wars collector.

There will be 10 different Silver Foil chase figures in all, with two foil variants included per case pack of 12 figures. The figures include...

* Darth Vader
* Han Solo (with Carbonite)
* Boba Fett
* Snowtrooper
* AT-AT Driver
* Commander Cody
* Anakin Skywalker
* Obi-Wan Kenobi
* General Grievous
* Scorch (from Star Wars: Republic Commando)

--- thats it
Thanks for the info. I think it stinks though. I doubt I will ever have them all. I haven't found an unopened case in a loooong time and to obtain these it would take at least 5...if your lucky! Why would Hasbro do such a thing!

Reaction score

you know -- jedi bebop --- what worries me about trying to pick them up at retail is -- im under the impression that they are going to be shipped out 1 or 2 to a case -- that's how they are doing the chase figs. if they are not shipping the votc's in their own cases, it is going to be impossible to snag them unless we are there when they put them out! I ordered a case from starwarsshop.com --- this way i know i will have an opener, a display and i will be able to get the lucastrooper fig ---- without worrying about tracking them down at retail --- if i find one at retail then great --- but this way i know i will have them -- no worries. -- just my 2 cents

Reaction score

I think you are maybe confusing some information. I haven't read anything that says the new vintage style figures are shipping with the regular figures and honestly if you think about it the notion is kind of silly (no offense intended) since they are a different price point and a different packaging style (won't fit the same case.) What is shipping with the regular figures are the foil "variants" of the regular figures which are supposed to be two in a case. These are two seperate things.

Reaction score
Re:Are there still TRU\'s back in Houston?

Hey guys, just checking in to see how the Houston collectors were doing. Anyways, are there still Toys R Us's back in H-town? I remember reading that they were closing a while back

The reason I ask is because if there are, one of my Rebelscum friends up here in Chicago found mega packs of ROTS figures with the 501st trooper at TRU today around 2:30 pm!! He said there were at least 14 tac op troops, with Tarkin as the other figure. Just wanted to let you guys know in case anyone needed more Tac Ops Troopers. It may be good to go into the local TRU while they're still there.

Reaction score

Yeah, we still have TRU's, but I haven't been to one in awhile. They seem to be behind the re-stocking curve.

I was lucky enough to get to Baybrook Target this morning right after they put out one case of Geonosis. Took one of everything and left the rest. Still need that Hoth R2, if any of you Clear Lake guys run across one here locally...

Reaction score

Yeah, I hear you about the TRU's. The ones up here are stuck on Carkoon wave, or no Saga figs at all. Target seems the place to go, although I haven't found any Geonosis figures yet.

Reaction score

geckolowe said:
Yeah, we still have TRU's, but I haven't been to one in awhile. They seem to be behind the re-stocking curve.

I was lucky enough to get to Baybrook Target this morning right after they put out one case of Geonosis. Took one of everything and left the rest. Still need that Hoth R2, if any of you Clear Lake guys run across one here locally...
G hooked me up w/your left overs(4 of 8). I need Scorch, Jango, Clonetrooper and Sora Bulq . Of course Hasbro would short pack the best figures in that wave?

Reaction score

TRU Westheimer is clogged with the Carkoon wave
Target in Westchase had only the Hoth wave.
Nada at W*M on Dunvale (although they had plenty of X-Men)
and nothing new at the Meyerland Target, either.

PS...
Magic Johnson will be at the Suit Mart over by the Astrodome tomorrow from 2-4pm. I work near there, so hopefully I can sneak away & see what the crowd is like around noon.

Reaction score

The Fairmont Target had at least two cases worth of the Geo wave tonight minus the Clones, the only ones I'm looking for. Huff, they did have a couple Jango's and Sora Bulq's if you can get over there tomorrow. They also had the latest wave of the Transformers (Maul/Boba/Anakin).

GBU

Reaction score
Re:Geonosis Wave Finds!

Yes!
After over two weeks of searching with retailers hardly carrying basic figures anymore I scored the Geonosis wave with clones at the Target near Willowbrook Mall. Left all the ones I already had and they only had one case on the pegs. Its might be worth checking the DCPI number in the scanner as other Targets have gotten in more than one case (087-06-0576). Good luck.

Other non-findings to save your gas.
Target Spring Cypress/290 - nothing and nothing in the back.
Target Jones/1960 - nothing and nothing in the back.
Willowbrook Kaybees - Yesterday had the hoth wave with AT-AT driver. No Vader and no Geonosis.

Happy hunting.

Reaction score
Re:Geonosis Wave Finds!

I almost went there this morning myself. Good find!

E>

Status
Not open for further replies.