Houston Area Reports Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Saga

vdubbin2001 said:
Ender did they happen to have more of that statue?
I don't believe so unless they had more that weren't in the glass case. Plus, they sold out of the Vaders that connect to this statue. All they had left that I saw was a Chewy statue made by the same company. They also had smaller things as well.

Oh, I could be mistaken about them closing. I just glanced at the sign on my way in.

EDIT: Just came back from the comic book store and confirmed that they are indeed closing at just that location. The employee said its something about the mall's policies thats making them close shop. This was not on the sign however. While I was there, I picked up a clone wars Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli Statue.

http://tinypic.com/jg3b89.jpg

Reaction score

Yeah, just found out this afternoon. They didn't tell me last night when I went by. I'll have to move my subscription to Invaders or Bedrock even farther away.

You know, that means there isn't a true comic shop from Bedrock on 1960 all the way to Westheimer. Prime area for a comic shop to move in to.

Reaction score

Willowbrook Toys R Us has 2 Gray Clone Evolutions and one Sith, Darth Vader Tranformers, and Saga Wave 1 minus Chewy, Boba, and Barada.

Reaction score

Hey, HuffT- Can you PM me Grady's e-mail? I'm finally getting around to contacting him about picking up that cardboard display...

Reaction score

geckolowe said:
Hey, HuffT- Can you PM me Grady's e-mail? I'm finally getting around to contacting him about picking up that cardboard display...
PM sent.

I hope you and everyone had a Happy Holidays! Back to work today.

Reaction score

Yeah getting back to work was tough today.

Tonight the Meyerland Target completely reset their toy aisle. All the DV voice changers & banks are in a clearance aisle.
The SW section is all Saga figures now. No more Ep.III figures at all. They also had the Transformers, Choppers, & Titanium. I wanted to get the Vader chopper, but they had the new Spider-Man classics. Venom, Man-Wolf & a rotocast Green Goblin are the ones to look out for.
They also had some new TF Alternators. Skids is pretty awesome!

Reaction score

Yeah this is pretty much a downtime for the collecting biz until around February.

But I did get a pre-order in on the Sideshow exclusive Obi-Wan

And yes, everyone's pretty bare right about now. The Wal-Mart in Meyer Park has a massive clearance aisle. The Darth Vader & Batman "rubber band" masks are $0.25 each, and they have a bunch of King Kong movie figures for $3 each.

Reaction score

well i had seen a few saga figs hit the pegs, but yeah, mostly empty as i had expected. i just wonder how some cases snuck out before the big wave hits.

Reaction score

hey did this thread die or what? no one has posted in a few days.

Reaction score

LordWill said:
hey did this thread die or what? no one has posted in a few days.
Well, most of the places I visited had bare or close to bare shelves. Target near Katy on I10 had the collector cases on sale for $4.98..the lowest I've seen it so far.

Reaction score

Just looking around today...

TRU Westheimer had a blue Royal Guard, and some Titanium vehicles. I picked up a white TIE Fighter. They also had ML 11, but only the common figures (Thing, Logan, Wonder Man & Vengeance)
Wal-Mart on Dunvale had the new Spider-Man figures. an all-new wicked looking Venom & Man-Wolf are the ones to get.
And they had a shelf full of 500th Vaders on clearance for $11

Reaction score
Saga Hoth wave found

Found the Hoth wave this morning at the TC/LM Walmart, there was one more set on the pegs.

Reaction score
Re: Saga Hoth wave found

Picked up the whole Hoth Saga wave minus the Rebel Commanders at the Wal-Mart on Spring Cypress/290. They only had one more Darth Vader, R2D2, and Power Droid but lots of General Veers, Snowtroopers, and AT-AT Drivers. General Veers is by far the best of the wave.

Wal-Mart Eldridge/1960 and Copperfield Wal-Mart are resetting the whole toy section right now. They should probably have the Saga Hoth waves out by tomorrow morning.

Reaction score

I picked up all 8 at the Deerpark Walmart. They didn't have a complete set left after I got my set. This is definitely a nice wave.

Reaction score

Last night El Dorado WM had 7 of the 8 (someone beat me to R2).

And Huff T- Your friend Grady is a great guy; very generous and helpful to his fellow collectors. Thanks for introducing me to him...

Reaction score

geckolowe said:
And Huff T- Your friend Grady is a great guy; very generous and helpful to his fellow collectors. Thanks for introducing me to him...
Yup, no problem. G is the man! Super cool guy! He's helped me out alot since I've met him.

Reaction score

Huff_T, I found a pair of the Clone Wars DVD sets today if you still need them. LMK

Ran across the Hoth wave at both the Pearland (I-35) and Friendswood Wal Marts. They had at least one of everything except the droids. Some guy let me have one of the Power Droids out of his cart as it's the only Saga figure I wanted so far. The Friendswood WM had a Spud Trooper as well.

GBU

Reaction score

No Hoth wave at Meyerland Target. But I did find the DC Superheroes Batman line. They're supposedly Mattel's answer to Marvel Legends. They're nicely sculpted, but pricey at $9.99 each.
I also picked up a Call Upon Yoda for $17.50, in suprisingly good shape.

Reaction score

found some of the hoth wave at WM on 90&6
passed on R2,vader,and the snowtrooper
picked up derlin,rieekan,and of course veers AKA at-at commander

still looking for the driver and the power droid

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:

Hehe, I was wondering when you would reference the ATAT commander and your screen name when the toy came out

Reaction score

UTtoyfan said:
at_at_commander said:

Hehe, I was wondering when you would reference the ATAT commander and your screen name when the toy came out
had to wait til i hand it in hand
.the background is cool but i still think my original 1980 carback is better.im such a nerd.

Reaction score

Found the Hoth wave at Kemah Walmart. THey had several Veers, Vaders, AT-AT drivers, and 1-2 each of R2 and the Rebel Officers. Picked up their last Power Droid though.

Reaction score

WM dunvale had ZERO saga figs.

TRU westhiemer also had no saga figs but had plenty of holo emperors and the second wave of animated clone wars.
WM beechnut & beltway 8 only had the saga tatooine wave and plenty of it.
still want the driver and the power droid.

Reaction score

Found veers and Rieekan at bay area Target at lunchtime today. Passed on Bren Derlin and no sign of the Snowtrooper which is the only other fig I want from this wave...

Reaction score

Kaybees in Willowbrook Mall has tons of wave 1 saga. All figures were there. No Hoth wave yet.

Wal-Mart on Eldridge was wiped clean of all basic figures.

Reaction score

Target in Meyerland had what was left of the Hoth wave. I picked up Derlin, R2 & a Snowtrooper. I left Rieekan & Darth Vader.

Reaction score

Walmart on Westheimer and Kirkwood has the Boba Fett chopper..pretty plastic and ugly imo. Also the X-Wing and Grevious transformers...and new Galactic heroes - scout trooper with speeder bike...no Saga figures to be seen - some bare pegs next to the said items.

Reaction score

I was pretty shocked & saddened to learn both Spencer Gifts & KB Toys in Memorial City will be closing at the end of the month. Both places have up to 60% off all merchandise sales, but there's not much left.
Kind of a sad way to start off the new year.

Nothing new at Bunker Hill TRU or Memorial City Target.

Reaction score

looked for saga figures on sat,sun,&mon.
every Target & WM i went to had nothing but empty pegs.
are these selling that fast or is nobody restocking.
i have only seen the hoth wave once and only 6 of them.
looking for the power droid & the driver.

Reaction score

Target Meyerland got new Hoth wave figures in this morning.

I picked up what I needed, and there were 2 Snowtroopers, 1 AT-AT Driver, a Veers & 2 Derlin left over as of 9am.

Reaction score

Found Veers & Derlin this afternoon at Post Oak Wal-Mart.

BTW, I was out of town for a while and missed several basic figure waves, I was wondering is anyone here at Houston picked up an extra Separation of the Twins - Infant Leia Organa with Bail Organa? Thanks....

Reaction score

how about the vader and fett packaging variations? which versions are people seeing?

Reaction score

I've only seen the one that has him posed standing still.

And it's a sad day for us local collectors....

List of TRU stores closing

Houston is on the list.

From what I've heard, so far the only store confirmed closing down is Greenspoint. Let's hope it stops there.

Reaction score

anyone do any shopping at guns-point? it's far away from me, but i know those stores in the 'hood can have some treasures sometimes.

Reaction score

LordWill said:
anyone do any shopping at guns-point? it's far away from me, but i know those stores in the 'hood can have some treasures sometimes.
I went there sometimes during my LOTR collecting days. I occasionally found some rare stuff such as the horse and rider sets long after everywhere had sold out of them. They also had a stormtrooper unleashed which I left because I didn't collect them at the time.
But yeah, I wouldn't recommend that area for shopping. Its a rough area.

I only saw the hoth wave twice in stores (although I haven't been going to targets). I saw 2 of the walking vaders but none of the standing.

Reaction score

LordWill said:
Guns point has pretty good security now. There's several offices for major oil companies right around the corner and they are heavily partroled. On the news about 6 months ago was a deal about how many cars had been stolen at Memorial City and Willowbrook. The one I felt would be the leader, Greenspoint, wasn't on the list. Sharpstown Mall is now the major one to really avoid as it has all sorts of problems.

I still won't go to guns point at night, but it's not as bad as it used to be. The mall isn't that impressive anyway, but you can find deals at the department stores because no one shops there. :)

I was wondering does anyone have a #60, Grievous Bodyguard, because I never saw them at retail?

Also, the TRU closing is sad, but not a surprise in the least. They have always been overpriced, but now are really being killed by Walmart and online sites. They've made so really dumb decisions in the past and are paying for it in a major way. The Baby stores they opened were a huge failure and they almost went bankrupt with that adventure. Who's going to buy clothes for a toddler for 20 bucks when Walmart has them for 5? I think the CEO who introduced the world to NEW Coke was also advising for TRU.

Hope everyone is doing fine. I've been real busy lately and haven't seen anything worth posting in a while.

Bryan

Reaction score

checked several places today.WM on kirkwood,westpark,dunvale,beechnut,w airport and 90.no saga figures in site.all pegs empty.

Target westchase had some carkoon figs.

Reaction score

Wal-Mart on Eldridge/1960 has lots of wave 1 saga including Boba Fett. There was also a fresh supply of Spudtroopers for anyone who missed out. Theres more on the top shelf. Also, that single clone wars II pack is still there.

EDIT: 1/23 Wal-Mart on Spring Cypress/249 has a single Walking Darth Vader and R2D2 from the hoth wave this evening.

Reaction score
New Unleashed Battlepacks

I picked up the newest wave of the Unleashed Battlepacks at the El Dorado Wal Mart at lunch. Grabbed the clones (Kashyyk and Felcia) sets and the hero set. I left a hero and wookie set.

Found the new Titanium wave at Wal Mart last night and grabbed Vaders Tie and the animated CW Gunship.

GBU

Reaction score

Memorial City Target had several cases of Saga Hoth wave, but all AT-AT drivers were gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.