Houston Area Reports Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Attacktix Series 2

For those brave enough to Christmas shop today, I found a gray clone evolutions at Willowbrook Toys R Us. They hardly had any Star Wars left as everybody was grabbing everything though.

Also, the Disney Store in Willowbrook Mall has some very nice Chronicles of Narnia figures. Not the ones that were at TRU. These have the quality of the Lord of the Rings line. I bought the 4 main characters. They also have the White Witch and Aslan available.

Reaction score

Thanks for the tip Ender.

I was looking for some good quality figures from Narnia. The Hasbro ones just don't cut it for me.
I remember the Incredibles figures from the Disney store were also better quality than the standard retail ones.

The only place I ventured to is Target in Meyerland. Actually saw a Tarkin, along with what was left of ML 11.

Reaction score

Clone Wars DVD figs have finally shown up at El Dorado WM. Left two sets on the shelf this morning in the regular toy section...

Reaction score
Re: Twins, Tarkin, Red Guards.

Haven't been to a Wal-Mart in a while but they look to still be stocking some.

Wal-Mart on Eldridge/1960 looks like its getting a well needed figure restock. At 6:00am this morning they had several cardboard displays filled the assortment with the Twins, Tarkin, and Red Guards. They were out for stocking but were not on any particular shelf yet.

Reaction score
Re: Twins, Tarkin, Red Guards.

Havent been out to wal-mart in awhile but according to the main page theyre stocking the first saga waves on the north side

Reaction score
Spudtrooper!

I had to go to TRU on Westheimer this afternoon to do some gift shopping. I knew it was going to be a madhouse, but I was suprised to find one Spudtrooper on the SW shelf, which was otherwise pretty empty.

And for you JLU collectors, I found individual carded versions of Supergirl & Steel at Meyer Park Wal-Mart.
They also have the Serenity DVD for $13.75

Reaction score
Re: Spudtrooper!

Deerpark Walmart stocked up with the miniture Unleashed sets and new Attakix sets. Passed on both since I don't collect them. Still no sign of the CW DVD sets.

Reaction score
Re: Spudtrooper!

Did a mini-run this morning looking for the new Saga figures. I'm not collecting all of these, just picking up the ones I like.

Wal-Mart Copperfield- The toy section was very busy this morning. Lots of Marvel Legends Sentinel wave. The Star Wars stuff was in a basket and I didn't see any new boxes for restocking.

Wal-Mart Eldridge/1960- Still a few twins. A lone Tarkin and not much else. There are lots of the Clone Wars II DVD packs here. One of the few places that still have them.

Wal-Mart Spring Cypress/290- Nothing here. No new boxes.

Reaction score
Re: Lucas Clan

Yeah I've already got mine on order. I also ordered the Vader Cinemacast. It looks pretty awesome.

Reaction score

I Took a drive to Galveston and nothing at Walmart. At Target I got Jedi vs. Seperatist, Rebels vs. Empire and Clone Attack for $6.48 each.
They also had Lava figures and Shadowtroopers if anyone still needs them. Lava figures were clearanced at $9 something and Shadowtrooper is still full price.

Reaction score

Pretty much all ROTS SW is on clearance at Targets. I picked up a Leia, Grevious, and Obi-Wan cupset for $9.08 a piece. Go to Tomball Target if you want clearance cupsets. They still have a few left.

The Target Jones/249 has Shadowtroopers for $9 something clearance. Left them as I have 4 already.

No sign of Saga anywhere. I haven't even seen the transformers at Wal-Mart (not that I'd want them).

Merry Christmas.

Reaction score
Saga

I am in Canyon Lake and found Han, Chewie, and Bib at the New Braunfels Target. I need the other three if anyone happens to see them.

Reaction score
Re: Saga

vdubbin2001 said:
I am in Canyon Lake and found Han, Chewie, and Bib at the New Braunfels Target. I need the other three if anyone happens to see them.
Nice score! I need them all but if I find them I'll get what I can/what's left.

I hope everyone has a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Reaction score

If you are still in the area there is a Clone Wars DVD figure set #2 ( the one with Cody) nestled in the electronics section among the CD and DVD multipacks by the DVDs and IPODs.

I'm in Houston for Monday- are there any places that may be good hunting Monday AM? I was able to find six different Saga figures at WM in New Braunfels ( I happened to meet a nice stocker who opened the cases for me... ), but I am still missing the final 4 basic figures.

Reaction score

Copperfield Wal-Mart had 3 cases of Saga Wave 1 on the pegs this morning (6am). They only had 3 Leias but tons of Boba Fett. I picked up a Leia (Yoda holo) and Boba Fett (Boba Fett holo). Only 2 Leias left.

Eldridge/1960 Wal-Mart- No saga. Just some ROTS left overs. Lots of Grees and I saw at least one Tarkin. Twins are still there.

All set until Saga Wave 2.

Reaction score

I found a set of the Saga figures at the Alvin Walmart this afternoon. I didn't see any extras but I'll pick'em up if I see them. They also have the Transformers.

Reaction score

What's the price tag for the Saga figures?

I'm guessing they went up because of the hologram thingies.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
What's the price tag for the Saga figures?

I'm guessing they went up because of the hologram thingies.
Saw them today at the Willowbrook area Walmart and Target for $5.88 and $6.99 respectively. Also saw them at the Westview WM.

E>

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
Any one have a list of the holos for this first saga wave?
Did you find the rest of them? A friend just called me and said the Texas City WM has quite a few of them.

I have no idea on the mini holo's. I'm just getting the figures and not worrying about the holo's.

Reaction score

WM on kirkwood has only 2 sets of the first 6 saga coll.

as of midnight i grabbed one set minus the bib.for some reason he did not appeal to me.they were 5.88
#1 Leia w/han holo
#2 han w/luke holo ? not sure

#4 barada w/emporer holo
#5 chewie w/queen amidala holo
#6 fett w/dooku holo not sure again

Reaction score

No Saga figures at Walmart on 59 and W.Airport - but found three transformers - 2 vaders and 1 obiwan. I picked up one of the vaders at $14.98 - seems a bit pricey and it looked flimsy. Left one each of vader and obi.

Reaction score

The Baybrook Target had a handfull of Saga figs. Nothing to change my mind about not collecting them.
I did pick up the new V-Wing and Slave 1 Lego sets there. They also had the new A-Wing set as well.

Nothing at the Baybrook TRU.

GBU

Reaction score

As of about 12:30, Baybrook had a couple of Bibs and Baradas on the pegs, but that's all.

Reaction score

Both TRU Westheimer & Wal-Mart on Dunvale had sparse Saga figures.
I got...
Leia w/ Luke holo
Han w/ Rebel Troop holo
Chewbacca w/ Han holo
Bib w/ Darth Vader holo
Barada w/ Darth Sidious holo
Boba Fett w/ Stormtrooper holo

No sign of the Transformers, but both stores had the battle packs.
And I noticed on Dunvale there was one Han w/ the holo figure busted out. I'm betting this will be a problem we'll be seeing more of. So be vigilant, guys, and notify the manager whenever possible.

Reaction score

No Saga figures at the Meyer Park Wal-Mart but they did have the Darth Vader Transformer. And they also have several Early Bird kits that haven't been there before.

Reaction score

Theres some Saga at the Wal-Mart Spring Cypress/290. They have a few Hans, Leias, several Bibs, and one crushed Barada.

Wal-Mart Eldridge/1960 still has Clone Wars II DVD packs.

Reaction score

The Silver Lake (Pearland) Target reset their toy aisle and had about all of the new stuff. All of the Saga wave 1, Transformers, Choppers, new Force Battlers, all four new Lego sets, and the latest wave of Titanium vehicles including the large ARC Fighter and Droid Tri-Fighter. All I grabbed was the short packed Titanium white Tie Fighter.

Almeda and Fairmont Targets still are in the middle of the reset and just had some odds and ends on clearance.

GBU

Reaction score

Went to Fairmont, Kemah, and Baybrook Targets and WM today. Most places had most new items (except action figures), so pickings should be easy. Also, I saw a Republic Gunship on one of the top sheles at Kemah WM, if anyone missed it from before...

Reaction score

Bedrock has the Hoth wave bust-ups. They look great & I'm happy I got all full-color versions.

Reaction score

Thought I should report that the comic book shop in Willowbrook mall is going out of business and everything is 50% off. They have some nice Star Wars statues. I picked up a very cool Mustafar Anakin Skywalker Japanese Statue with lava base for $50 plus tax.

Reaction score

Ender said:
Thought I should report that the comic book shop in Willowbrook mall is going out of business and everything is 50% off. They have some nice Star Wars statues. I picked up a very cool Mustafar Anakin Skywalker Japanese Statue with lava base for $50 plus tax.
You mean Third Planet?

Reaction score

Galleria Target had the full set of Saga figures but I picked up the last Chewie. They also had these funky looking Luke and Vader Choppers - the kind that you can pull back and they rev off. I thot it looked kinda ridiculous - esp Vader on the chopper. Also scored the Force Battler Jango Fett on clearance at $6.98 at the Target at Westchase.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
Ender said:
You mean Third Planet?
Nope. I think its called DNA Comics. If I remember correctly, I think they have one in The Woodlands Mall too but I don't know if there closing.

Oh, last night I saw those SW Motorcycles at Spring Cypress/290 Wal-Mart. Don't like these at all.

Reaction score

You're right, it's DNA Comics. However, I don't think they're going out of business. They have a big 50% off sale every year and clear out their statue stock.

Then again, I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.