Houston Area Reports Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: DVD Sets

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
Checked the Kemah WM just now and they had some of the CW2 DVD's on the shelf but no sign of the figure sets anywhere. They still had two of the Spud Troopers in the toy section.

Anyone find the CW2 figure sets?

GBU
Thanks for the lead on the Spudtroopers, GBU.

And thanks for the potential hook-up, Darth Bryan, but I'm good now. My friend works five minutes from the Kemah WM, she just swung by there on my way home yesterday and picked one up...

Reaction score

Wal-Mart in Meyer Park didn't have them either. In fact they didn't even have a display. The DVD was just in the case (and a dollar more than what I paid).
They'll show up eventually, though. I guess they ran a little late getting them off the docks.

Reaction score

GBU,

can you get a palisades s-mart ash. I have the rest, just need that bad boy.

Robert

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
Darth_Bryan said:
Where exactly where the figures? I didn't see any this afternoon. Of course they could have been all sold, but I'm curious if I looked in the right place.
Right in front of electronics, on a modular/island thing. They were stacked 2 rows 2 high on top of it with a tray of the DVDs in the middle. On the side facing away from electronics.

E>
Thanks I found them today. They were in front of the Country Music aisle.

Anybody have an extra 60 and 61? I've yet to run across those two figures.

Reaction score

OlBenKenobi said:
GBU,

Robert
I'll see what I can do.

Picked up the DVD sets at the Wal Mart off the East Belt just north of I-10 last night. They were back in the electronics section. The Pearland Wal Mart (on I-35 between 518 and Beltway ) had them today along the left entrance way with other DVD displays. Both had plenty.

GBU

Reaction score

Still no DVD sets at the Kemah Walmart. I think they may be buried somewhere in the back due to all the Christmas inventory coming in and could be put out anyday when they finally get to them.

Reaction score
Re: OT: non sw find

Elmeaux said:
ML11 has hit Target.

E>
Thanks for the heads up!

However no luck at the Baybrook Target. They did have all three of the Tarkin wave and a TON of collector cups.

Baybrook TRU had nothing new other than a lot of people just standing around clogging up the aisles.

If anyone runs across a Scarlet Witch or Ultron from the ML 11 wave I'd be appreciative of an assist.

GBU

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
ML11 has hit Target.

E>
Thanks for the heads up!

However no luck at the Baybrook Target.
No problem. These weren't all on the shelf yet. The shelf was full of 10s and 11s but there was a single Wonderman out. I had them check for the case in the back and got a whole set, including SW. No variants, though so I'm still looking for those.

Oh, and if anyone gets 'The Batman' figures, Clayface and Riddler have shown up in the new package at Targets.

It sure is nice to be "caught up". Well, I hear new JLU are hitting the West Coast, but still.

E>

Reaction score

More off topic reporting but www.towerrecords.com is having a %50 off all toys sale. I picked up a case of 12 of the new Mezco South Park figures for $55 (normally $12+ each). They have all kinds of stuff (even the .45 MR Lightsabers) so check it out.

GBU

Reaction score

Wow, thanks for that tip GBU!

Not only did I get the South Park case, I also ordered the King Kong mini-statue, the 18" Hellboy, Johnny Cash & some Buffy figures

Reaction score

You're welcome! You gotta love cheap toys.

And to continue to be off topic.... I'm going nut's trying to link my Nintendo DS to my home wireless server (2Wire). Anyone have any experience with these things. I called the Nintendo Wi-Fi help line and the woman was worthless.

GBU

Reaction score

Wal-Mart near Willowbrook mall has the Clone Wars II dvd packs still. They are selling so if you want one, head on over. Also, there is a single Bail Twin pack. Saw a Count Dooku for the first time in a long time.

Toy R Us Willowbrook has the McFarlane Dragons from series 2. These look even better than the first set. No sign of the deluxe version. Spencers Gifts also has these for 3 dollars more a piece.

Kaybees Willowbrook Mall has tons of Lord of the Rings trilogy figures. Got them all already though.

Reaction score

OlBenKenobi said:
GBU,

Robert
I think this is what you're looking for, Robert...

It's more than likely a prototype but one at the end stages of production so it's near enough to the final product. It has all the accessories including the price gun. LMK if you're interested.

And to validate I have access to Palisades prototypes... check out my unpainted Ren and Stimpy proto collection (including Log!)

GBU

Reaction score

More off topic reporting but www.towerrecords.com is having a %50 off all toys sale. I picked up a case of 12 of the new Mezco South Park figures for $55 (normally $12+ each). They have all kinds of stuff (even the .45 MR Lightsabers) so check it out.

GBU
I also wanted to thank you GBU for this great tip about Tower Records.com
If only their free shipping applied to toys, I would have gone crazier than I did, haha. I got most of the Buffy/Angel figures, Commande Sisko from Deep Space Nine, and Peter and Lois from Family Guy.

Reaction score
Target Shadow Clones (again)

PM back at you, Robert.

And to get back on topic... the Almeda Target had quite a few Shadow Clones out on the end cap today. They also had the new wave of Force Battlers as well. And back off topic... they had all of ML 11 (no variants) except the Scarlet Witch so that's all I need now. Nothing new at the Fairmont and Baybrook Targets.

GBU

Reaction score
Re: Target Shadow Clones (again)

Those look pretty cool, GBU.

I haven't gotten any of the Army of Darkness figures, but I'm really looking forward to the Terminator & Planet of the Apes figures they're making in that scale.

Nothing new at Dunvale Wal-Mart. No sign of the twins, either.
My cousin in Dallas found a ML11 Scarlet Witch for me at his local Wal-Mart, so at least we know she made it to the US.

Reaction score

And back off topic... they had all of ML 11 (no variants) except the Scarlet Witch so that's all I need now. Nothing new at the Fairmont and Baybrook Targets.

GBU
Lol! I stopped at the Almeda Target on the way to Baybrook this afternoon (had to go to Suncoast to make an exchange) and saw they still had Ultron and Taskmaster. I did find a full case on the pegs at the Tidwell this morning. Picked up a full set for a friend of mine. So now I'm done with them except for the variants.

Speaking of variants, has anyone seen the Bly repaint lately? Still need that one....

E>

Reaction score

GBU, I thought I might pass along this email I got from ToyBiz yesterday....

It has been brought to our attention that the bonus piece that comes with Maestro Hulk is missing. The missing piece is a tube that connects Apocalypse’s left arm to his torso. If you have recently purchased a Maestro Hulk and are missing this tube, please contact our Customer Service department at 1-800-728-2018 for replacement. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Well, at least they're making good.

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
Still no luck on this side with finding the DVD sets.

Anybody find them yet on the southside?
Huff T: I hit El Dorado WM Saturday morning. No DVD figs yet, but the guy in electronics said he thought they had something coming in Monday (maybe a large pallet display for both figs and DVDs). Anyone gone by yet today to see if we're in luck?

Reaction score

Huff_T said:

I found them last week week at one of the Pearland Wal Marts. Also at one of the Wal Marts off the east belt. It's on my way home today so I can check back if you want me to grab a set. LMK

GBU

Reaction score

Huff_T said:

\

I found them last week week at one of the Pearland Wal Marts. Also at one of the Wal Marts off the east belt. It's on my way home today so I can check back if you want me to grab a set. LMK

GBU
GBU, if you come across them that'll be cool but don't go out of your way. I still think they'll show up around here.

Reaction score

Target Jones/1960 has collector's cases clearanced for $6 something each. I only saw one of the new J-hook versions. Didn't see any Shadowtroopers. Might have bought some more if they were on clearance.

No sign of the Boba Fett cup wave, but theres alot of the Stormtrooper wave minus the Vader.

Reaction score

Walmart on Kirkwood/Westheimer has tons of the Clone Wars DVD sets as well as the new Unleashed (all three) - also the Series 2 Attacktix starter sets; and Series 1 Attacktix (special pack?) No sign on the twins.

Reaction score

I'll look out for the DVD sets tomorrow at Wal-Mart.

Meanwhile, Meyerland Target had some restocked Dooku, Tarkin & Padme figures, who haven't been seen in a while. Also had plenty of the Collector Cup sets (Leia, Vader & Stormtrooper).
The Lava duo have been red tagged to $9.08 each & the collector cases $6.98 a pack.

Reaction score

No DVD sets at El Dorado WM when I stopped there after midnight last night. The stockers knew nothing...

Other than Kozee's report from Kirkwood/Westheimer WM, has anyone else (preferably here on the south side) seen the Series 2 AttackTix? I don't follow the line myself, but a friend is looking for them...

Reaction score

Baybrook Target is resetting the toy aisles and put out about 18 Shadow Clones and some more Lava figs.

No luck on the DVD sets last night. The display was gone.

GBU

Reaction score
Re: Free Stuff.

I have some free stuff to give away to anyone local (Very Northwest Houston, Cypress, Copperfield). I'm giving this stuff away because I lack the room to keep it. And to top it all off, we are moving to an even smaller place not too long from now. Some stuffs gotta go.

The main thing I need to move is a fully assembled ROTS Fooseball Table. This things alot of fun but it needs alot of room. One condition though. I had to remove the rods so it can fit through doors. They are wrapped in seperate bags to make assemblying them again easier.

I can make a home delivery for someone local, or if you have a truck, SUV, or Van (back seats removed). I can meet at a store in the Copperfield area. Anyone who helps me clear some room also gets free Entertainment Earth clone posters. I only need one, I think I have three extra. Afternoon/Early Evening is good meeting times for me. Let me know if your interested via PM.

EDIT: Table is pending.

Reaction score
Screw you guys. I\'m going home!

I got my Tower Records stuff today and I can't believe how awesome the South Park figures are. The eyebrow articulation on Cartman is genius!

It's like a new figure. Sweet!

GBU

Reaction score
Re: Screw you guys. I\'m going home!

That's awesome! I really like these better than the first figures that came out a year or two ago.

My stuff shipped out yesterday. I think my total (plus shipping) was somewhere around $375

Besides South Park I'm most looking forward the Hellboy & my King Kong statue.

Reaction score
Re: Screw you guys. I\'m going home!

Jedi_Bebop said:
That's awesome! I really like these better than the first figures that came out a year or two ago.

My stuff shipped out yesterday. I think my total (plus shipping) was somewhere around $375

Besides South Park I'm most looking forward the Hellboy & my King Kong statue.
Dang, that's a lot of toys Jedi_Bebop. I'm jealous!

My figures came in today from Tower.com as well.

Reaction score
Attacktix Series 2

geckolowe said:
No DVD sets at El Dorado WM when I stopped there after midnight last night. The stockers knew nothing...

Other than Kozee's report from Kirkwood/Westheimer WM, has anyone else (preferably here on the south side) seen the Series 2 AttackTix? I don't follow the line myself, but a friend is looking for them...
I stopped by Fry's on 59 and Bellfort yday and they had the Series 2 Attacktix as well - if my memory serves correctly - priced over $8 per set. I don't collect the Attacktix myself - but my 4-year-old loves them for some reason.

Reaction score
KB find

Last night KB toys at Willowbrook had Tarkin, Ask Aak, and Tactical Ops Troopers. Picked up 2 troopers.

E>

Reaction score
Re: Attacktix Series 2

kozee said:
geckolowe said:

I stopped by Fry's on 59 and Bellfort yday and they had the Series 2 Attacktix as well - if my memory serves correctly - priced over $8 per set. I don't collect the Attacktix myself - but my 4-year-old loves them for some reason.
Thanks! I'll pass the word along to my friend...

Reaction score

geckolowe said:
kozee said:
geckolowe said:

Thanks! I'll pass the word along to my friend...
AttackTix found at our local Fry's, and now my friend is a happy Santa. Thanks Kozee!

Reaction score

geckolowe said:
AttackTix found at our local Fry's, and now my friend is a happy Santa. Thanks Kozee!
Cool! Glad your friend found what he wanted. I went by Target on Bellaire and 59 yday - and saw like 5 Shadowtroopers on the shelves.

I finally caved in and bought myself the Medicom RAH Stormtrooper on eBay for $130. It shall be my Christmas present to myself. Did anyone order this from an online shop? I found the online store prices for the RAH stormie quite a bit higher than that offered on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.