Houston Area Reports Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We were up to over 500 replies on the old thread so I've started a new thread.

Continue your toy finds in this thread.

Reaction score
Found a black clone pilot, green clone commander, and Sith-Eyed Anakin at Target Jones/1960. No sign of 64+ for me yet.

Reaction score
Kemah Walmart and Target = Nada
Baybrook Target = a few Nemoidian Warriors and Wookies
Baybrook TRU = Nada

Reaction score
New to this forum...

Fairmont target has one large wing Tie Fighter.
Kemah Target has 5 Attack on Coruscant Battle Packs
Fairmont TRU has 2 exclusive Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighters

Reaction score
jhutt75 and HuffT: which of you guys were at Kemah Target the most recently? I'm after the Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack, but ya'll have conflicting reports for today. Should I stop by on my way home today, or not...?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Yes Kemah Target had the Clone Battlepack. I got 1.

Geckolowe and Huff T check your PM's.

Reaction score
Bly and Gree pairs

Came across two pairs of Bly and Gree at Memorial City Mall Target about an hour ago. I stashed them in two seperate spots in case any of you need them. Check behind FF Fantasticars and on the end of the next aisle behind the talking Tonka truck. They also had some #58 wookies and a couple green #33s.

E>

Reaction score
Re: Bly and Gree pairs

Thanks for the tip Elmeaux, I'll be looking for those tonight!

Meanwhile I found a Wookiee Commando & a Sith eyed Anakin at Meyerland Target early this morning.
TRU on Westheimer had nothing new, except for this cool looking King Kong doll that roars when you mash his chest.
Can't pass that up!

Reaction score

No more Coruscant packs at Kemah Target. Thanks for posting, though, jhutt75! Keep in touch!

Reaction score

Geckolowe, when did you check? I got there about 5:00 pm and had the guy working in toys pull one from the back using the DPCI number (087-06-0228) when I found the shelf empty. He acted as if there were more. I didn't ask for extras as he was a little hesitant about getting mine. You may want to check back tomorrow and ask.

GBU

Reaction score

There are 2 Grees and Blys at the Target on Spring Cypress/290. Plus, Sith-Eyed Anakin.

Reaction score

Finally saw (and picked up) sith eyes Anakin at the Jones/1960 Target this morning. They had just had their morning pep rally thing and were excited, asking people if they needed help. So I figured "what the hey" and gave them the Lava Duo dcpi# since I knew they were in the stock room. So I got those two as well. And I picked up my first Unleashed -- couldn't pass up Vader at clearance price.

E>

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
Geckolowe, when did you check? I got there about 5:00 pm and had the guy working in toys pull one from the back using the DPCI number (087-06-0228) when I found the shelf empty. He acted as if there were more. I didn't ask for extras as he was a little hesitant about getting mine. You may want to check back tomorrow and ask.

GBU
I just got back and did what GBU did. I'm not sure if they have more as I didn't want to press my luck. The spots were ramsacked.

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
Grizzly_bear_underwear said:

GBU
I just got back and did what GBU did. I'm not sure if they have more as I didn't want to press my luck. The spots were ramsacked.
I got one. Thanks, all! Now for the lava figs...

Reaction score

Found the ROTS widevision cards at the Baybrook Target. They had one each of the Wookie, Grevious body guard, and Nemoidian commander repaints. Ran the DCPI numbers of the exclusives out of interest and they had none in stock. Baybrook TRU and El Dorado Wal Mart had nothing new.

GBU

Reaction score

WM off of 518 and Dixie Farm had 3 sith eyes anakins and a shocktrooper. I picked up a MR Fx Luke ROTJ lightsaber from Borders today, Now I need Vader's. I also checked a couple Tuesday Morning stores and found one lonely VOTC Fett and a couple TRU Commerative Transformers for 7.99 each.

Reaction score

vdubbin, which Borders did you get the FX saber from (and did they have more)? I was thinking of getting one but didn't want to drive all over town to find it.

GBU

Reaction score

GBU,
The one on 59 in Stafford. They had one more in the display, when I called before I went they said they had several, the one in Meyerland has some too. Be sure to get the 20% off coupon 20% coupon

Reaction score
Re: Sam\'s exclusive ARC-170 Fighters....

Just a question, has anyone found them?

Reaction score
Luke lightsaber

Is the MR Luke FX lightsaber a Border's exclusive? How much was it? vdubbin - did you get 20% off with the coupon or was it 10% for electronics? Trying (unsuccessfully) to watch my budget!

Dropped by Target at Jones/249 today during lunch - only saw couple of wookie commanders and nada else new. Unleashed marked down to $7.49, but only Obiwans and Asajj left. Couldn't check the DCPI's becoz the scanners were down.

Reaction score
Re: Luke lightsaber

Yes it is a Borders exclusive. I got 20% off, but some are saying that they get 10 or 15% off. Total was 103 and change. Supposedly 25,000 made shipped to Borders in 3 different shipments. This is the new l.e.d. version. Return is mispelled on the box.

Reaction score

_Dibal_ said:
Just a question, has anyone found them?
I've got a friend that's been hitting Sam's daily and still no sign of them. Should be soon though.

Reaction score

Yeah I picked up the Luke saber at the Meyerland Borders, with the 20% coupon. Really nice!

Oh, and my Early Bird kit arrived this afternoon. I sent away for mine about 2 weeks after the April 2nd sale, although I heard Hasbro's just filling the orders at random.

Reaction score

my early bird figs came today as well.

WM kirkwood had a slew of evolution sets and battle packs if anyone is still looking for those.

Reaction score

My wife found the Target Exclusive Darth Vader/Anakin at the new Target at Cutten and 1960. They apparently didn't have any Obi-Wan Exclusives or Clone Trooper Exclusives. They also had one of the clone battle packs (the set of clones in the Gunship) and the ROTJ battle pack. She was telling me this over the phone, so I don't know what else was there. In any acse, they're well stocked at the moment. Anyone know where I can find a picture of the ROTJ FX lightsaber from Borders? I didn't know they were exclusive!

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
Yes it is a Borders exclusive. I got 20% off, but some are saying that they get 10 or 15% off. Total was 103 and change. Supposedly 25,000 made shipped to Borders in 3 different shipments. This is the new l.e.d. version. Return is mispelled on the box.
I picked mine up Saturday at Borders on Westheimer. Go to their webpage and do a store location search and call before you go there. That's what I did and I had no problem getting help and finding one. The Borders also had the Vader saber as well. It was $99 before taxes without any coupon.

This one is far superior to the original Luke that had a teal blade and a flawed EL sheet. This one is a bright green and the sound is excellent.

Also, if you're looking for the best one imo, Mace's saber, Gamestop put them on sale yesterday for $119.00 and will be getting the Vader and Anakin one's back in in the next few weeks for $99.

Reaction score
k-mart

Are there any k-marts still in the Houston area or do I have to go to ebay for the JTA?

Reaction score
Re: k-mart

TylerEC said:
Are there any k-marts still in the Houston area or do I have to go to ebay for the JTA?
Unfortunately, they've all been closed down in Houston. I think the closest one is in Killeen, TX. I'm also trying to get a JTA w/o going to ebay. Try going to the classifieds here on RS.

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
Thanks vdubbin. I might try to get one then, hopefully will get 20% off. I shall probably sell one of the two Anakin FXs that I bot long time ago to offset the cost

Reaction score
Marvel Legends

I don't collect these but I like to check them out at the stores and I know some of you do. I haven't seen these before but the Deerpark Walmart has a whole endcap of the Sentinel Wave which includes Mystique, Omega Red, Black Panther, Spider Man, etc.

Reaction score

kozee said:
vdubbin2001 said:
Thanks vdubbin. I might try to get one then, hopefully will get 20% off. I shall probably sell one of the two Anakin FXs that I bot long time ago to offset the cost
I was told if it is already on 20% off you cannot get an additional discount. Last time that did work for many people, but not this time.

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
kozee said:
vdubbin2001 said:
I was told if it is already on 20% off you cannot get an additional discount. Last time that did work for many people, but not this time.
Yes that is correct the one on 59 in Stafford it rang up 119.00 that why I got to use the coupon.

Reaction score

Has anyone seen the Anakin Saber around or the Luke ESB one?

Reaction score

TFNScott said:
My wife found the Target Exclusive Darth Vader/Anakin at the new Target at Cutten and 1960. They apparently didn't have any Obi-Wan Exclusives or Clone Trooper Exclusives. They also had one of the clone battle packs (the set of clones in the Gunship) and the ROTJ battle pack. She was telling me this over the phone, so I don't know what else was there. In any acse, they're well stocked at the moment.
I went there late in the afternoon. Surprisingly, they still have a clone battle pack. They also have tons of the Plo Koons Jedi Fighter. Not much on basic figures this late in the day unless you need an army of AT-RT Drivers or #50 Anakins. No Lava figures, they must have sold out.

TRU has some of the new marvel legends figures (regular Cyclops and others). Chronicles of Narnia stuff is starting to hit. And theres a green clone commander/AT-RT Drivers as well.

Reaction score

Wal-Mart on Post Oak had a whole shelf full of Marvel Legends 10, even Mr. Sinister & Mystique. And all the Evolutions sets (except for the 2nd Clone pack).

No exclusives yet at the Target in Meyerland. I'm checking there everyday before & after work.

Reaction score
Re: Target Exclusives

The Humble Target reset the toy section with an end cap full of the exclusives (except shadow trooper) but no final 12 figs. The Fairmont Target had the same reset but only had the shelf tags for the exclusives, no product.

I got my Early Bird sets today. I'm going after the FX Saber tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the info Vdubbin.

GBU

Reaction score

Thanks vdubbin & Darth Bryan! I got the Luke lightsaber from the 59 Borders - it did ring up $119, but I got 20% off that - so exactly as you said...about $103 after tax. The guy said they got three boxes more of the Lukes in today, erm in the "cage". They also had like 4 of the Anakin and 3 of the Vader ones in the display stand in front of the cashier.

Reaction score
Spudtrooper

Found one at TC/LM walmart they had one left.
Galveston Target has the end cap change w/the available exclusives(Lava, clone 5pack only).

Status
Not open for further replies.