Houston Area Reports - 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: New Saga Legends

WM kirkwood has series 2 mighty muggs and the saga legends clone wars wave as well as the holo vader wave.

Reaction score
Re: New Saga Legends

Target off of Bay Area Blvd has McRebel troopers, 5 or 6 from what I saw.

Reaction score
Re: Everything but Gree

Hello,

the new vehicles and new two packs have been restocked at Wal-mart @ I-10 and beltway 8 and the Wal-mart @ hwy90 and hwy 6.

good luck,

Reaction score

ok, so i wanted some input on these mighty muggs. is this just more crap we're supposed to buy, or are people getting into these? like i kinda wanna pick up a stormtrooper for my focus collection... maybe a maul, cuz let's face it, he's just kickass.

is anyone else picking these up and have an opinion on them? i was maybe thinking about picking one up for my 3 year old son. are they heavy or hard, etc... and not really a kids toy?

Reaction score

Anyone still looking for Wave 1 of the new figures, hasbrotoyshop.com has all of them for sell right now, except the Tri-Droid.

As for the Mighty Muggs, I passed on them, so I can't really give you any feedback on them... just personal preference.... I prefer the more realistic and articulated figures.... the Mighty Muggs look like just big blobs of plastic to me.... I'm not knocking it if anyone else gets them, just like I said before, personal preference.

Reaction score

I bought the Vader & Fett Mighty Muggs. They're pretty cool.
Basically they're Hasbro's take on doing Kid Robot style rotocast figures, (only these cost a lot less!) and are just something unique looking to add to your SW collection.
I think Yoda is planned, so I'll get him, too.

I found the new comic book 2-packs at Memorial City Target, not much else new on this side of town.

Reaction score

Hasbrotoyshop.com still has Wave 1, now including the Tri-Droid, but they're out of the Kashyyyk Trooper. They even have the figures from previous waves with the stands now, if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
New collector in Houston

Hi, I’m new in the Houston Area (Spring, TX). Just moved from Michigan because job relocation and I’m loving it.
I’m a big Star Wars fan and dedicated collector, mostly Star Wars 3 ¾ but lately in to 1:6 (12”) figures too (Star Wars, DC, Marvel, Hollywood, etc). I was wondering if there are local comic stores or flea markets around Houston where to buy action figures beside the chain stores like Target, Wal-Mart, TRU, KB, etc. I have found two flea markets so far: Armadillo market place and Traders Village Houston but I have not found any comic stores; do you guys have any suggestions, are the flea markets worth it?

On the finding notes, I saw the new comic packs: Lt. Jundland & Deena Shan, Mouse & Basso in Disguise, Clone Commando & Super Battle Droid and the new Evolution sets: The Fett Legacy, The Jedi Legacy, The Sith Legacy @ Wal-Mart Super Center in the Woodlands.

I’m looking for AT-TP Walker, General Grievous' Starfighter and Kashyyyk Troopers

Reaction score
Re: New collector in Houston

Welcome Master Chichifo!

I also live in Spring (moved here 3 years ago from Seattle for same reason as you!) and we love the area. I primarily collect prop replics and statues/busts, so I haven't spent a lot of time looking for figures.

There is a good comic book store on 1960 near stubner-airline called Bedrock Comics. They have a nice store, with a lot of Gentle Giant and SS type statues. They may have figures as well, but I cannot remember.

Good luck and welcome to Spring!

Reaction score

Hi, the comic store I go to is Bedrock City comics. The one I go to is the one on westheimer and when I'm working the one on W Bay Area. The closest one to you is probably on 4683 FM 1960 W.

Yes they have action figures and if you don't find something they will call the other 3 stores to see if they have it. And if they do they will send it to that store.

Reaction score

Anyone who still needs a Hologram Vader there were plenty at Bunker Hill TRU this afternoon. I scored the last new Evolution packs, though(still looking for the Sith one).

Meyer Park Wal-Mart had one Gree left but plenty of the Galactic Heroes Millennium Falcon.

Reaction score
Re: Wave 2

I found these at the Walmart in Kemah today. These were the only ones they had.

Reaction score

score fishstalker!

and you complain nothing ever hits your area

Reaction score

geckolowe you frequent that area?

And has anyone checked out the new Halo 3 figs that are popping up? I boutght a red spartan and let me tell you it's the best fig I have ever owned and I don't even own any of the halos!

Reaction score

Hello,

I know everyone is looking for wave 2, but you should check the clearance section at Wal-mart, some great deals

the wal-mart exclusive 2pks - 3.50
the wal-mart cantina band - 5.50
the wal-mart galactic heroes cantina - 5.50
the wal-mart marvel legends 2pk - 3.50

Good Luck,

P.S. by the way those looking for GI Joe 25th ann. the new wave 2 is out at Wal-mart, good news, but they have raised the price from 4.88 to 5.44.

Reaction score

All four new evolutions, the new ships, and latest comic packs all at Willowbrook WM right now.

Reaction score

Has anyone else come across the Maris Brood figure with flesh colored skin? I thought they were all coming as white colored skin. I have both and will post a pic as soon as I take one!

Reaction score

LordOfHunger said:
Yup. I live about five minutes away (right across the freeway), in the Pipers Meadow subdivision...

Reaction score

jasond7 said:
Has anyone else come across the Maris Brood figure with flesh colored skin? I thought they were all coming as white colored skin. I have both and will post a pic as soon as I take one!
I've seen both as well; 1 flesh, 2 white so far.
E>

Reaction score

Just picked up most of Wave 2 at El Dorado WM, including what I'm guessing is a flesh colored Maris...

Reaction score

have seen none of wave 2 on the sw side.
WM kirkwood/90/w airport/beechnut/dunvale/westpark/meyerland
have seen the new comic book packs and evolution sets at all

Reaction score

geckolowe said:
LordOfHunger said:
Yup. I live about five minutes away (right across the freeway), in the Pipers Meadow subdivision...
Whoa, that is so cool. I had no idea you lived there. That is my old subdivision

Reaction score

WM west airport had multiple units of wave one and the new evolution packs.still no sign of wave 2 on this side.picked up a darktrooper at Target first colony.first time i had seen him on the pegs.

Reaction score

you bought my stash gecklowe lol

of all the display furniture to randomley dissapear they pick the one with my wave 2 in it

el dorado walmart just got 4 boxes of wave 1 revision with the mc rebel

Reaction score

I bought the Vader's apprentice Evolutions pack this morning at El Dorado Walmart. They also had the Sith evolutions(Darth Nihilus, Darth Bane, and Darth Maul) there, which I left.
Baybrook Target had wave 1 there.

Reaction score

still no sign of wave 2 anywhere on the SW side.

but after looking at the sith evolutions set so many times it grew on me so i picked one up.

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
still no sign of wave 2 anywhere on the SW side.

but after looking at the sith evolutions set so many times it grew on me so i picked one up.
Where did you pick it up? The Sith set is the only one I'm missing.

Reaction score

I found two of the 501st Super Articulated troopers at the Deer Park Walmart. Nothing else new there, or at the Walmart and Target in Kemah.

Reaction score

saw the SA clones at Target first colony.also out there at the TRU it was buy 2 get one free on the SW figs.they had everything up to wave 1.also had all the new evolutions sets,WM mo city also had the evolutions and plenty of wave 1,

Reaction score
Re: Target Exclusive

Picked up the Target Exclusive Attack on Kashyyk. They also had Aayla Secura ship but passed on it.

Reaction score

Yesterday night I found two boxes of wave 2 , some wave 1, the AT-AP and the General Grievous Star Fighter in the Woodlands Wal-Mart-Super Center

Reaction score

Finally got an AT-AP at Meyer Park Wal-Mart.
No new basic figures, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.