Houston Area Reports - 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: New titaniums - Target

Finally found a Boba Fett Mighty Mugg at the Meyerland Target. Westheimer TRU had the Obi-Wan Starfighter w/Hyperspace ring.

And, most Barnes & Noble stores now have the big Star Wars Vault hardcover in the bargain section for $19.99
Kinda makes me wish I had waited a few months.

Reaction score
Re: My loose vintage set of 93 is complete!

Received a vintage Romba today from a fellow Scummer- finally my vintage loose collection of the first 92 + Yak Face is complete!!!

Rumbling from CenTex where 30+ ARC-170's were found on clearance at the San Marcos Target for $7.50 each... nothing like that around here.

Tony

Reaction score
Re: My loose vintage set of 93 is complete!

sweetdaddyt512 said:
Rumbling from CenTex where 30+ ARC-170's were found on clearance at the San Marcos Target for $7.50 each... nothing like that around here.
I saw 5 at that price on Friday evening at Westchase...
E>

Reaction score
Comic Packs

Found the Lt. Jundland & Deena Shan & the Mouse & Basso comic packs at the Wal-Mart in Rosenberg. Unfortunately, they didn't have the Republic Commando & Super Battle Droid pack. I've checked the Wal-Mart at Katy Mills & the one at I-10/Fry and neither of them had them yet.
The Wal-Mart at Katy Mills did have the Holo Vader, R2-B1, & 7th Fleet Trooper today at 12:30pm if anyone needs them.

Reaction score
Re: Comic Packs

Just wanted to let you guys know I found the 2008 Wave 1 today in Bryan, TX and last nite in Temple TX. So they may be coming soon. I found them at WM both times and at both stores they did not ring up. But they sold them to me anyway. One store had sets of the figure trays in the main aisle and the other store they were just on the regular pegs. Just an FYI......

Reaction score
Re: They\'re here in Houston

The El Dorado WM starting bringing out the cases of "Best of the Best" (?) which are the 12-pack trays of figures from '07 Wave 6+ thru '08 Wave 1 of the TAC.

They told me they would only stock out one tray because the pegs were full. But already on the pegs were an interesting mix of later figures; Holo Vaders, Tychos, 7th and Hawkbat Clones, Poncho Fetts, R2B1s, Clone Training Uniforms, McQuarrie Rebel Soldiers, and 1 McQuarrie Snowtrooper among others for the TAC coined figures, and for the '08 figures with stands there were the Mustafar Kenobi, Vader, and Panning Droids, Commander Gree, Tri-Droid, Po Nudo, and 2-1B. Absent were any Kashyyyk Troopers. They had the Rebel Vanguard Troopers in '08 packaging.

I bought one each of the '08 wave, save an extra Tri-Droid and Gree for openers. I bought the McSnowtrooper and two McRebel Soldiers. There were three more cases they would not open. At the WM north of Almeda-Genoa they had four cases that they were not stocking out because they were full.

Happy Hunting,

Tony

Reaction score

Tony,

Did you have any trouble buying the new figures? I keep hearing they won't ring up at the register. One WM refused to sell them to a friend of mine yesterday because of this.

E>

Reaction score

Found Wave 1 at Fry Rd. Walmart. Got there around 6 AM and all the 41st Elite Clones were already gone. Picked up Gree and some Hawkbat Clones. Left everything else. They got 8 Best of the Best long boxes. The Gree figure rang up as 5.88 but the Hawkbat rang up 6.33. Katy Mills Walmart and the Westheimer Walmart near Dairy Ashford did not have anything new.

Laters

Reaction score

The figures did not ring up, but four out of four employees had a can-do attitude toward getting them entered into inventory so they could sell them to me- they even let me have one of the long display boxes. They had to manually code and ring in every figure I got from the non-coined new wave.

Good Luck, Tony

Reaction score
2008 Wave 1

Found Wave 1 at the Wal-Mart on Hwy 6 & Westpark yesterday, but all they had was 1 set minus Po Nudo.
Hit up the Wal-Mart at Fry & I-10 this morning at 5:45am (barely missed ya Zosox!) and found Po Nudo along with all of the new Titanium ships (AT-OT, BG Battlestar Galactica Classic, Jabba's Desert Skiff, Kashyyyk Speeder Bike, Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter W/ Hyperspace Ring).
At the time that I was there, they had the long boxes on the endcap of the action figure aisle. The Kashyyyk Trooper was ringing up as $5.88 but none of the other figures were. The cashier went ahead and rang them all up as $5.88.
Along with Wave 1, they had a mix from Series 7, 7.5, & 8 (Ewok 2-pack, Spirit of Anakin Skywalker, R2-D2 w/ Cargo Net, Darth Vader Hologram, Clone Trooper 7th Legion, Rebel Vanguard Battlefront II, Clone Trooper Clone Wars Hawkbat Squad, Clone Trooper Kamino Training).

At the Wal-Mart at Hwy 6 & Westpark yesterday, they had a ton of Hawkbat Squad Clone Troopers, both with or without the coin. They also had a mess load of the Jango Fetts from Wave 8.

Reaction score
Re: 2008 Wave 1

jasond7 said:
At the time that I was there, they had the long boxes on the endcap of the action figure aisle.
Fyi, as of 11 today they still had at least two sets minus the Kashy trooper. Still haven't seen that one yet.

sweetdaddyt512 said:
They had to manually code and ring in every figure I got from the non-coined new wave.
Thanks for the info.
E>

Reaction score

Does anyone know if Hasbro is going to do all the coin figures with the stands now? I saw the 2-pack ewoks with the stand.

Reaction score

fishstalker said:
Does anyone know if Hasbro is going to do all the coin figures with the stands now? I saw the 2-pack ewoks with the stand.
Never mind, they just answered it on the main page.

Reaction score
Re: 2008 wave 1

I was able to find the last 2007 wave and first 2008 wave between the Walmarts in Pearland and Alvin. The Baybrook TRU had serveral of each of the last 2007 wave last night.

Got my two Medicom Shocktroopers yesterday and had to play with them this morning....

And from earlier in the week...

My Sideshow Palpatines should be here today!

GBU

Reaction score

i got both of those in as well GBU.

what figure stands do you use to display these figs?

Reaction score

Those 12" Troops look great, GBU.
I was finally able to meet FedEx this afternoon to get my Palpatine/Sidious (Sideshow put an "in person signature required" on it for some reason). The likeness on the Sidious head sculpt will give you nightmares!

I finally scored the Comm. Keller & Boba Fett comic packs at Meyer Park Wal-Mart tonight. No sign of the '08 wave.

Reaction score
Wal-mart - Wave 8 display cases

Hello,

At least 8 cases of these mixed lot display cases of Wal-mart are at the Wal-mart at kirkwood and westheimer on an end cap near the back wall at the end of the action figure aisle.

Good Luck,

Reaction score
Re: Wal-mart - Wave 8 display cases

Any Kashyyyk troopers left?

Tony

Reaction score

As of noon today there were no Kashyyyk troopers when I stopped by the Wal Mart at Kirkwood. There were 3 Grees though. Picked up a couple of Tri-Droids.

Reaction score

went by WM kirkwood picked up wave 1 2008.
at first they would not ring up due to "not in system".the cashier was not going to sell them to me and said they were going to take them off the shelf.i stayed calm and found the dept manager and she was so nice she told the cashier to ring them up at $3.00 each.TREMENDOUS SCORE!!!

did anyone else luck out there?

Reaction score

WOW that is fortune!!!

Tony

no such luck for me...

Reaction score

Sorry double post.

Meanwhile, in the limelighting vintage section I've posted (finally) some of my tiny Jawa focus.

Tony

Reaction score

Dunvale Wal-Mart had some series 1 leftovers this morning (The Spider Droid, Po Nudo & a few Anakin & Obi-Wan), and I also finished out wave 8 with a Hawkbat & Jango Fett.

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
I was able to find the last 2007 wave and first 2008 wave between the Walmarts in Pearland and Alvin. The Baybrook TRU had serveral of each of the last 2007 wave last night.

Got my two Medicom Shocktroopers yesterday and had to play with them this morning....

And from earlier in the week...

My Sideshow Palpatines should be here today!

GBU
Wow! Those look great GBU!

Looks like everyone is scoring over there. Wave 8 hit here(FL) as well. I decided I wasn't going to buy every figure from now on. How many Anakins and Obi Wans, etc. do we really need!

I hope everybody is doing well.

Reaction score

Hey Huff! Hope you're keeping warm in Florida

We can get up to $50 back from Hasbro for buying our Star Wars figures! Here's the coupon online.
http://www.hasbro.com/playrewards/

The only catch is that your purchases must be between 2/1/08 and 3/23/08. When you get up to $151 or more, Hasbro will send you a $50 coupon good for more Hasbro stuff. YAY!

Reaction score

UTtoyfan said:
Hey Huff! Hope you're keeping warm in Florida

We can get up to $50 back from Hasbro for buying our Star Wars figures! Here's the coupon online.
http://www.hasbro.com/playrewards/

The only catch is that your purchases must be between 2/1/08 and 3/23/08. When you get up to $151 or more, Hasbro will send you a $50 coupon good for more Hasbro stuff. YAY!
Yeah, the weather has been nice out here. I hope it's warming up for yall as well! Thanks for the link for the $ off! I'll have to take advantage of that!

Reaction score

Picked up the new evolutions, Jedi, Fett, Sith and Force Unleashed this morning at Fry Rd. Wal Mart.

Reaction score

General G Starfighter and ATAP found @ Eldridge WM.

Reaction score

this morning walmar on dixe farm rd had all new evolutions:
sith legacy
fett
force unleashed (that 'jedi knight" is the secret apprentice btw)
jedi

Reaction score

Hey guys,

Haven't posted in a while because I haven't seen anything new lately. However, I finally found something to report.

The Target at Memorial City Mall had all four of the Evolution sets.

On my side, more to the NW the Walmart off 290 near Cypress Rosehill had the newest Comic 2 packs. At least I think it's the newest packs because I haven't seen them yet. The two Imperial officers, a pair of disguised stormtroopers, and a Clone Commando and Super Battle Droid. If it's not the newest wave it's at least recent. Sorry I didn't catch the names on the 2 packs because I was in and out pretty quick & I don't follow the comics just the books.

Also, seen the Holo Vaders, Hawkbat trooper, Clone training figure, R2-B1 and TC-14 at the Walmart on Eldridge & 1960 and up on the 290 one as well.

Bryan

Reaction score

Picked up the Greivous ship, AT-TP, & Obi's Blue Fighter yesterday at the Wal-Mart at Hwy 6 & 90 in Sugarland.
This morning, I went to the Wal-Mart at Fry & I-10 and they had Legends figures packed with the Clone Wars figure offer coupon. I attached it to show you what it looks like. You need 4 UPC from either Legends or Basic line figs and $6.99.

Reaction score

Wal Mart on Westhiemer and Kirkwood had saga legends figures with the Clone Wars mail away.

Reaction score

Zosox said:
Wal Mart on Westhiemer and Kirkwood had saga legends figures with the Clone Wars mail away.
WM on Dixie Farm has them as well.

Reaction score
New Saga Legends

Hello,

New Saga Legends can be confirmed at Fry Road Wal-mart, I-10 @ Beltway 8 - Wal-mart, Copperfield Wal-mart, Westpark Wal-mart, Wal-mart @ hwy 90, Beechnut Wal-mart, and Meadows Place Wal-mart.

Copperfield Wal-mart got the new evolutions

Copperfield Wal-mart, Fry Rd, Hwy 90 got the new vehicles

Good Luck,

Reaction score
Re: New Saga Legends

When is the south side getting these? I still can't find the MacRebel trooper let alone anything new.

Reaction score

hey all,

just got back in town from vacation. went scuba diving in mexico. but enough about that... i found a trilogo commander cody while i was down there! there were several crushed galactic marines and i passed on those. a few other non clones but i passed on them too. the cody was in decent shape! was happy to score him before i left.

gonna get out tomorrow and do some shopping. i'll be all over the place from katy to westheimer/610 since i have the day off. if you see a sunburned guy in the SW aisle.. that's me! say hello

jorge

Reaction score

Stop by my restaurant to say hi if you have the chance- I work at the Texas Land & Cattle Steakhouse on IH-10 and Dairy Ashford.

It'd be nice to meet some Houston area collectors. Call ahead and ask for Tony 281-679-9900.

Tony

Reaction score

Hey I work at Dairy Ashford and I-10. I am in the building across from the Wells Fargo building. Small world.

Reaction score

All Meyerland Target had were some Saga Legends w/the Captain Rex offer and Mighty Muggs series 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.