Houston Area Reports - 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Continue your SW finds over in this thread.

It's been a bit since I've posted because I just haven't had time to go on toy runs lately. I did make a run yesterday at Walmart in Copperfield and noticed that had a few from the 2nd wave of the Saga Legends minus the figures everyone is looking for.
Also, noticed the new wave of Galatic heroes 2 packs were out as well.

Reaction score
Good to see ya on here again, Bryan. Hope things are going well!

Reaction score
speaking of it's been along time... anyone seen GBU?

Reaction score
I'm here... not finding much lately.

Although, I did grab my share of the Battlestar Galactica Titianium Viper repaints.

GBU

Reaction score
hey does anyone have the old 1990s action fleet ships still and maybe they want to sell them?

i'm thinking of hanging some from the ceiling in my sons room, and i think the potf, otc, and saga ships are too big. i think i could hang alot more and make some better space battles with the smaller action fleet stuff.

ebay looks like shipping costs are gonna bite, so i thought i would try locally first. what really sucks is i had almost every action fleet ship years ago... and sold them all off when i narrowed my focus to carded figures only.

live and learn!!! let me know if you have some you wanna get rid of.

jorge

Reaction score
UTtoyfan said:
Good to see ya on here again, Bryan. Hope things are going well!
Thanks, I'm doing great. Just haven't had many chances to post lately since I haven't been out to stores for toy runs and when I have I never find anything.
Plus, after what I spent at C4 I'm cutting back for a bit.

On an unrelated note to SW, the Transformers movie is coming to IMAX on Sept. 21. Thought that might be a cool time to see if some of y'all want to get together.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
TRANSFORMERS: THE IMAX EXPERIENCE, from DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures, has been enhanced into the unparalleled image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® through IMAX’s DMR® (Digital Re-Mastering) technology.

For centuries, two races of robotic aliens – the Autobots® and the Decepticons® – have waged a war, with the fate of the universe at stake. When the battle comes to Earth, all that stands between the evil Decepticons® and ultimate power is a clue held by young Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf). With the world hanging in the balance, Sam comes to realize the true meaning behind the Witwicky family motto – "No sacrifice, no victory!"

[/QUOTE]

IMAX.COM

Bryan

Reaction score
the IMAX version is going to be an extended version and have all the deleted scenes in it.

massive toy hunt today.
TRU westheimer tons of legends 1 & 2.
TRU bunkerhill ditto
TRU ost ditto plus the force fx vader sabers
Target main legends 1 & 2
Target dunvale,meyerland,mem city nada
Target galleria had all of wave 4 minus mcvader of course.

WM dunvale,kirkwood,beechnut,I-10 & 8 nada.
WM meyerland has the coin books for $4.00

also picked up the galactic heroes AT-AT commander.

hope that helps some.

Reaction score
let me add target on taylor and i-10 didn't have squat.

Reaction score
Picked up a TRU Tie Interceptor at the Fairmont store ... also grabbed an Umpass Stay (sp?!) at the Fairmont Target. It was the only wv. 4 fig on the pegs, so hopefully one of you guys was able to snag the others.

Reaction score
Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
Although, I did grab my share of the Battlestar Galactica Titianium Viper repaints.

GBU
Which reminds me, how hard was/is the Titanium Ultra Galactica to find in stores?
I didn't really pay attention when it first came out, and I've got a case of the figures reserved and now I'd like to get it to add for a cool scene.

Reaction score
hey all,

some extras for trade/sell:

for trade:

mcquarrie chewbacca with gold UGH coin
airborne trooper with gold UGH coin
airborne trooper with gold UGH coin
animated debut boba fett with gold UGH coin
animated debut boba fett with silver coin

need:

mcquarrie vader
vader with kenobi cloak
mcquarrie concept stormtrooper with gold UGH coin
biker scout
sand trooper (black pauldron)
sand trooper (orange pauldron - less dirty)
mcquarrie snowtrooper
dark trooper with gold UGH coin
darth vader with gold UGH coin
imperial officer (dark brown hair) - saga legends
tc-14 - saga legends
ra-7 - saga legends

i realize most of my needs are not out yet, but i thought i would throw it out there. if no trades, then i'll sell for cost of course.

Reaction score
The Vader with Kenobi cloak can be found pretty much anywhere (at least on the SW side). I've seen that one at both Wal-Mart & Target.
Not much else to report, the I-10 at Fry Wal-Mart & Target pretty much just have leftovers of Wave 4 & Legends 1 & 2.

Reaction score
first colony TRU had all of wave 4 minus mcvader OF COURSE

i was able to pick up a gold mcchewie and gold animated fett

i guess mcvader was more important than the gold ones.

Reaction score
anyone need these UGH figs? if not, they're going back to the store.

Reaction score
Well, I'll let you know if I find any of your wants this weekend.
I'd like to take the UGH Animated Fett off your hands.

Reaction score
The Fairmont TRU had all of wave 4 except CZ-4 and McVader as of an hour and a half ago. There was only 1 animated Fett left though.

Reaction score
LORD WILL, I would be more than happy to get a boba fett and a couple chewies from you if you still have em. I do not have anything you want though. How much would you like for them?

Reaction score
sorry, i already took them back because of not much interest. i'll keep my eyes out and post when i see more.

Reaction score
Finally, heading to Florida this Saturday to move the family out there. I'll be back to close on the house next week and to finish up work. I'll be around for another 4-6 weeks. Then I'll be officially out there.

As far as packing the house, my SW toys was probably the hardest part. I really need to get rid of alot of it! But the hardest part is leaving all my family and friends(new and old).

I'll be back in town often visiting the family, and I'll still visit the Houston Thread. It was good meeting alot of you, and thanks everyone for hooking me up and all the reports!

Take care!
John

PS - I still need part of wave 4 (Animated Boba Fett(gold), McQ Vader, CZ-4, and all the Gold Figs.

Reaction score
damn huff... sorry to hear you are leaving us. it's been fun chatting with you. hope you can make it back to town soon.

jorge

Reaction score
Huff said:
Finally, heading to Florida this Saturday to move the family out there. I'll be back to close on the house next week and to finish up work. I'll be around for another 4-6 weeks. Then I'll be officially out there.

As far as packing the house, my SW toys was probably the hardest part. I really need to get rid of alot of it! But the hardest part is leaving all my family and friends(new and old).

I'll be back in town often visiting the family, and I'll still visit the Houston Thread. It was good meeting alot of you, and thanks everyone for hooking me up and all the reports!

Take care!
John

PS - I still need part of wave 4 (Animated Boba Fett(gold), McQ Vader, CZ-4, and all the Gold Figs.
Hey John! It was great to finally meet you after all these years a few months ago. Now you're leaving us

I wish you the best of luck in Florida and make sure to have fun for us.

Reaction score
Thanks Lordwill! I'll be back often and will still post up my store reports when I'm in town.

Same here UTtoyfan! And thanks for the hook-up! Hopefully, FL is not too dry as far as finding SW toys.

Reaction score
Westheimer Target had wave 4 this afternoon. There were still a UGH McQuarrie Chewbacca, a UGH Airborne Trooper, and a Animated Boba Fett as of 6:00 pm. No sign of McQuairre Vader and CZ-4 though, I guess this could be a revision case....

Reaction score
I finally scored the Y-Wing & TIE Interceptor at Westheimer TRU.
I also noticed they're now stocking MR FX sabers. They had a demo in a display case and Yoda's for $119 but it had been broken into.
I guess they're trying to sell off their remaining stock before the license expires.

Reaction score
Huff said:

Take care!
John

That was kinda sudden. We'll miss ya, Huff. Best of luck in FL...

Reaction score
Hey guys ... I had to make a late night run to WM so of course I swung through the toy aisles and happened upon 4 boxes of wave 5 and at least that many of SL at the El Dorado WM tonight. Hopefully they still have some. I bought a set for me, but another guy walked out at about the same time with at least two full sets of wv. 5.

Reaction score
They had the remnants this morning when I went to El dorado walmart to get an oil change. The only ones i didn't find were darth revan, darth malak, and pre-cyborg grievous.

Reaction score
one set of everyone for wave 5 except of course for mcvader
^%$#@@$%^

saw everyone today but him in katy. when i actually see mcvader, i will be walking down the toy aisle with him like i just won an oscar.

picked up darth revan and 3po/salacious. left everything else. tru katy had all wave 4 with a few UGH.

Reaction score
I went to Meyer Park Wal-Mart this evening and found all of wave 5 except for Darth Revan.
I picked up an extra Darth Malak in exchange for anyone who runs into him and wants to trade.

I also snagged a UGH animated Fett.

Reaction score
Wave 5r1

Hello,

Wave 5r1 found at Wal-mart at Beechnut and Beltway 8 and Also at Wal-mart at Fry Road on I-10. Both of these Wal-marts only had one case. Here is the actual breakdown in this case and what should be expected.

1x Stormtrooper (#3020), 1x McQuarrie Concept Darth Vader (#3028), 1x Hermi Odle (#3029), 1x C-3PO with Salacious Crumb (#3030), 1x Roron Corobb (Clone Wars, #3031), 2x Yoda with Kybuck (Clone Wars, #3032), 1x Anakin Skywalker (Nelvaan, Clone Wars, #3033), 1x Darth Revan (Knights of the Old Republic, #3034), 1x Darth Malak (Knights of the Old Republic, #3035), 1x General Grievous (#3036), and 1x McQuarrie Concept Leia Starkiller Hero (#3037).

Good Luck,

Reaction score
Re: Wave 5r1

nada new at target san felipe and target taylor.

Reaction score

Ill be visiting Houston this upcoming weekend-- and I was wondering if any of you guys had suggestions for some odd toy selections--not retail chains-- but anything that specializes in older toys not just Star Wars--- Im looking for hole in the wall type places that only locals would know about.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score

not much here man. anime dave's world moved from westheimer awhile back, and i haven't heard anything about it since. 3rd planet has a pretty weak vintage section. they've got tons of modern stuff, comics, and some odds and ends.. i mean if the cable goes out in your hotel room, i'd give it a stop. other than that, vintage in houston is hard to come by.

Reaction score
geckolowe said:
Huff said:

Take care!
John

Thanks Jedi and Geckolowe! I'll miss everyone too. It's something we'd been looking at doing for awhile and opportunity knocked, so off we go.

Still looking for wave 4(half of)! Wave 5 is hitting?!?!?

Reaction score
Huff said:
geckolowe said:
Huff said:

Take care!
John

Thanks Jedi and Geckolowe! I'll miss everyone too. It's something we'd been looking at doing for awhile and opportunity knocked, so off we go.

Still looking for wave 4(half of)! Wave 5 is hitting?!?!?
Yeah, wave 5 is here man! (well it was earlier this week)

Reaction score
saw a mcvader for sale on ebay.. and just thought to myself, oh... that's what he looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.