Houston Area Reports- 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: GI Joe 30th Ann

Nothing new besides the same JSF's we've seen for 345890345769085743560987 years. Its an ivory-army builders dream lately for me.

Reaction score

Seems like it's been really slow this year. I would've thought different being a Anniversary year.

Reaction score

Well a lot of Hasbro's resources have been dedicated to Spiderman 3 and Transformers so despite it being the 30th Anniversary their main consumer base is a little sidetracked and with it Hasbro must follow. Sad for us collectors

Reaction score

man all i can say about this is FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score

Boo Spiderman and transformers, hahah! J/k
Yeah, I haven't seen anything in a while either.

Reaction score

LordOfHunger said:
Well a lot of Hasbro's resources have been dedicated to Spiderman 3 and Transformers so despite it being the 30th Anniversary their main consumer base is a little sidetracked and with it Hasbro must follow. Sad for us collectors
Yeah, that's true.

Anybody happen to pick up any extra exclusives(McQ Yoda and Obi, and the R2-KT) off of the Hasbro site? If so, any hook-ups?

Reaction score

nah, both out of stock. i really wanted the pink r2 for my daughter, but more so because of the story of the little girl. i don't know why they wouldn't make that available in mass and let the proceeds go to charity, her family, etc..

Reaction score

LordWill said:
nah, both out of stock. i really wanted the pink r2 for my daughter, but more so because of the story of the little girl. i don't know why they wouldn't make that available in mass and let the proceeds go to charity, her family, etc..
I agree, I'm guessing there will be more of both again but it seems you have to check the site every 5 minutes to make sure you get one. I didn't get the Hasbro email till last night and by the time I looked they were sold out.

Reaction score

the droid was out of stock but i was able to get in on the yoda before they were gone.
no new figure sightings anywhere.

Reaction score

The SW Shop has R2-KT & Shadow Speeder Bike in stock for $10. I just placed an order.

Reaction score
shadow speederbike and r2-kt

huff,

the shadow speederbikes are there too for purchase.

just got both! thanks for the tip bebop.

Reaction score
Re: shadow speederbike and r2-kt

LordWill said:
huff,

the shadow speederbikes are there too for purchase.

just got both! thanks for the tip bebop.
Cool! Just got both too. I was hoping they would've had the McQ Obi and Yoda but no dice.

Looks like they were up at the Hasbro shop too but "sold out" by the time I got there.

Reaction score

I just placed my order for the Concept Obi-Wan & Yoda.

Bedrock has most of the Con exclusives, marked up of course (the concept figs are $29.99), but I couldn't help but get the glow in the dark Vader bobblehead.

And on the homepage it says the new Comic Packs & wave 4 are being found. Time to hit the pavement again. I hope we get some decent weather for a while.

Reaction score
New Comic Packs Found

Found the new comic packs at the Target on I-10 at Fry. Unfortunately, I got the last ones. I checked the Targets in Richmond/Rosenberg and the one on Grand Parkway at Westheimer Parkway and they all had none.

Reaction score
New Comic Packs Found

My boy was hitting the keys on the keyboard and it posted twice... oops!

Reaction score

Huff said:
Ok, Hasbro has both in stock again as of 10:45 this morning!
Thanks guys for the heads up. Got mine!

Reaction score

No problemo!

Still not much hitting the shelves. I did score the VTAC figures last night at Target for $3.

Reaction score

nice score huff! hopefully they will start getting marked down all over now. i need to pick up another set ( or at least enough for the coins offer ).

picked up a legends sandtrooper this morning at target westheimer parkway. been looking for him for awhile! he was pretty dirty. i don't know if the planned variations have started to hit the shelves yet.

Reaction score

No sign of the Comic Book packs this weekend, but I did see the new Saga Legends at Dunvale Wal-Mart today.
I picked up a 501st Clone and left another.

They also had some of the new Legendary Comic Book Heroes.
They're a line of comic book characters from the company formerly known as ToyBiz.
I got all of the Pitt Build-a-Figure series except for Super Patriot. If anyone can pick one up for me if they see one I'd appreciate it.

Here's what he looks like

And the Meyer Park WM had the 25th ann. GI Joe box sets as of last night for $24.98, and one Cobra set was left.

Reaction score

LordWill said:
nice score huff! hopefully they will start getting marked down all over now. i need to pick up another set ( or at least enough for the coins offer ).

picked up a legends sandtrooper this morning at target westheimer parkway. been looking for him for awhile! he was pretty dirty. i don't know if the planned variations have started to hit the shelves yet.
Yup! I picked up my initial set for $12 each but then found them at a Walmart for $6, so I took the $12 ones back. Then the 2nd set for $3! Stoked!

Now where's Tac wave 4?

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
No sign of the Comic Book packs this weekend,
Westchase Target had them Saturday evening.

Jedi_Bebop said:
I got all of the Pitt Build-a-Figure series except for Super Patriot.
Saw an endcap full of LCBH with several Super Patriots at the 6/Westpark Walmart this morning.

Hope this helps.

E>

Reaction score

The Wal-mart on the Beltway over by the old Auchan near Beechnut & Bissionet had an endcap full of the Legendary Comic Book Heroes, including the variant Super Patriot (unmasked) and variant Judge Death (clear).

Reaction score

i found a dirty little fan's choice sandtrooper at the dunvale WM.had some other legends but nothing else new.

Reaction score
GI Joe

If anyone is looking for the GI Joe anniversary battle pack sets ($24.99 each) and carded figures ($5.99 each), the Target at I-10 & Fry had both battle pack sets and all of the carded figs (Snake Eyes w/ Timber, Flint, Cobra Commander, Cobra Officer, & Storm Shadow), yesterday, and the Target at Grand Parkway and Westheimer Parkway had a few of the carded figs (Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow) and 1 each of the battle pack sets.

Reaction score
Comic Three Packs

Hello,

If someone is still looking for the new star wars comic three packs, there is a set at the Target at Meryerland at 610 as of 12:00 PM today.

P.S. if you are looking the 25th ann joes this Target has the box sets and the singles.

Good Luck,

Reaction score
Re: Comic Three Packs

The 3 Comic 2-packs? Ci?

Kemah WM has a couple McQ Stormtroopers and a Chewbacca for those that need them. Looks like WM's are redoing the toy aisles in the ones I've been in.

Reaction score

LordWill said:
hey all,

finally got my medallions and frames put together. just wanted to share them with you.

c4 and ce frames
Wow!!! Very nice! The medallions and frame are killer!

Finds today: Deer Park WM is still setting up their toy aisles, Fairmont TRU has the new Saga Legend repacks
Including the Sandtrooper, and Target has Saga Legends and the Comic 2-packs.

Reaction score

Thanks for another tip, ace. I got the last set of Comic Book figs at Meyerland Target this morning. They must've done a restock because Monday night when I was there the toy aisle was just about empty.
I also got the latest JLU box set. It's the Justice Lords versions of Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman with Bizarro, a clear green Amazo & a red Doomsday.

Reaction score

Memorial Target had 2 complete sets of Comics wave 3 2-packs this morning. Nothing new at Westchase and Westheimer Targets.

Reaction score

The Silverlake Target also had all three of the new comic packs as off about 9:00 p.m. this evening.

And since I just got back into town and haven't read through all the posts yet, has anyone found anything from wave 4 yet?

Reaction score
New Titanium

If anyone collects the small Titanium Star Wars & Battlestar Galactica ships, I found the new ones at the Wal-mart in Richmond/Rosenberg. The ships are mostly repaints with 1 new one. The new one is the AT-AP and the repaints are A-Wing (green), Tantive IV (Blue markings), Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper Mark II (Black), & Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper Mark VII (White).

On a different note... has anyone seen any of the basic figs Wave 4 or 5? Both waves were scheduled to come out in August, but I haven't seen a thing! Also, on wave 2 of the Legends figs, have all of wave 2 been sighted? I ask, because it seems most people, including myself, have only spotted the Sandtrooper and Boussh.

Reaction score
Re: New Titanium

i've seen them, but only twice. i picked up a 501st, fett, and sandtrooper. saw boushh, saese, droid pair, and anakin. don't remember seeing that kenobi.

Reaction score

oh okay, thanks! I'm just looking to pick up a Fett and a 501st.
Another thing... are the McQuarrie Stormtroopers being shipped again? I picked up 1 at a Wal-mart on Saturday! Imagine my surprise!

Reaction score

I picked up a 501st last week, but it's still made from the same AT-TE Gunner body. Supposedly the SA Clone body will be a running change.
So far I haven't seen or heard anyone finding wave 4 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.