Houston Area Reports- 11

Reaction score
For anyone looking for the new Black Series 6" figs, I went out for some last minute shopping yesterday and found remnants of the TIE Pilot wave at two different Targets; the one in Katy on Westheimer and the one on Fry and I10. I saw the Clone Sergent, Luke and the Obi Wan in the box with blue lines (as opposed to the first release with orange lines). I'm not looking for any of those 3, but I'm dying to find that darn TIE Pilot.... Since there were about 6 Luke's at the Target on Fry, and since they come 1 to a wave, I'd guess that there were also 6 TIE Pilots. Gotta love the scalpers...

Reaction score
I have seen the blue lines guys at Walgreen's, so the wave is out, but Walgreen's amy not send a whole case to one location. I will keep a look out happy hunting to everyone, to 12backvader more continued hunting!

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm in Toronto but my aunt is Houston area - as i was looking for the Clone Trooper Green Sargeant, if they were available yet at any wal-greens?

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm in Toronto but my aunt is Houston area - as i was looking for the Clone Trooper Green Sargeant, if they were available yet at any Walgreens?
I'm still not seeing anything at Walgreens lately... just Proto-Fetts. I've only seen the remnants of the newest wave at targets, but it seems like just Lukes and Obi's are left over.

Reaction score
Found the entire new wave at the Walgreens by me, picked up the Yoda and the Tie Pilot! Don't need Obi since I have him from previous waves and still thinking about the clone trooper (never picked up the all white one). They still had one Tie Pilot left. It's the Walgreens off of FM 646 and I-45 so quite bit a drive for some of you guys.

There are still two other Walgreen's by me so I may go check those out also later today.

Reaction score
i am looking for Clone Sargeant Green and a Tie Pilot - i have for trade is an Open packing X-wing Luke and Tri Logo Boba Fett. if somebody can help me out would be greatly appreciated as my aunt live in Houston area, as shipping can be sent to her address.

Reaction score
Happy New Year to everyone! May 2015 bring you all you need and some wants as well! Looking forward to the Texans, Astros, and a new Star Wars movie!!!!

Reaction score
Egad. Tried out Traders Village since I live pretty close. Minus the walking around and just getting out, it wasn't $3 well spent. Can't believe the prices and amount of junk. Unless you maybe want a POTF2 carded at that one place, you aren't gonna find much in the way of value. At least for Star Wars toys or pre-PS1 video games.

Somebody had a boxed vintage Land Speeder. Didn't include original packaging inside. Item looked complete at least. But $40? No.

A Death Star (at least in box) but horribly, horribly incomplete, down to missing first floor stickers on the control panels. Dude was saying he wouldn't even sell it. Ummm? What? Why are you displaying it then? Then he said, if he did sell it, $80. Pass.

Loose vintage figs without weapons. $15 apiece? Pass. Carded beaters. $80 apiece?!

I guess if anybody is desperate for a Rancor (loose), the same dude with the DS had it. I didn't ask to see it. He wanted $40. Not horrible compared to eBay prices.

Maybe I should sell all my vintage stuff. It would make me cry but, if ever there was a time, now would be it.

Reaction score
Yeah... I agree Buck16. I went there once and will never go back. I felt like it was a very cheap, very dirty, very overcrowded, & very unorganized environment. I posted my experience back on 11/14, above. It was just a small step above a trash heap in my opinion. The commercials definitely display some misrepresentation of the place... hrmm...

BTW... Happy 2015 Houstonians!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well... stopped by Walgreens on Fry (by the HEB by I-10) and found a BS 6" TIE Pilot!!! They also had a Clone Sergeant there, but those were the only two figs on the shelf. I'm not interested in repaints, so I left the Sergeant on the shelf.

Reaction score
sorry you guys had a bad time at traders village. I think this weekend might be lame because of the weather but I always find awesome stuff there. I got a ziplock bag full of vintage weapons, found romba, anakin, luke battle poncho, barada from the last 17 for $6-$10. I found a hollow tubes sand person for $10 and a lili ledy vader for $20. not even counting all the random stuff I found like the diecast star wars van, mint in package NES JVC star wars game, etc. I dunno maybe it's just me.

but anyways the shelves have been super bare everywhere lately. target & toys r us are looking HORRIBLE. I hope they get their act together before the new movie.

I went by pop culture company today and they purchased a very large Star Wars collection some of it is priced out now and more is coming out. They have pretty much every vehicle from the vintage collection. b-wing, y-wing, falcon, ewok catapult, landspeeder, darth vader's tie fighter, lukes taun taun, etc. They also had all the 3 packs and all the cool legacy collection pieces like jabba's palace, sarlacc pit, the big legacy AT AT etc. They are going to be going through all the modern loose figures and pricing them out in the coming weeks. He said everything is separated from it's weapons so it's going to take some time to bag them all together.

They also had a decent selection of some of the older black series 6" like the stormtrooper and older figures from the orange packaging.

It's worth stopping by I didn't see the prices on everything but most of what I looked at was reasonable.

Reaction score
I went by pop culture company today and they purchased a very large Star Wars collection some of it is priced out now and more is coming out. They have pretty much every vehicle from the vintage collection. b-wing, y-wing, falcon, ewok catapult, landspeeder, darth vader's tie fighter, lukes taun taun, etc. They also had all the 3 packs and all the cool legacy collection pieces like jabba's palace, sarlacc pit, the big legacy AT AT etc. They are going to be going through all the modern loose figures and pricing them out in the coming weeks. He said everything is separated from it's weapons so it's going to take some time to bag them all together.

They also had a decent selection of some of the older black series 6" like the stormtrooper and older figures from the orange packaging.

It's worth stopping by I didn't see the prices on everything but most of what I looked at was reasonable.
I'm glad to hear this. I've seen a lot of the older (not vintage) carded figures there, but haven't seen any new items. It's good that they're starting to get the Black Series in. Do you recall the price they had for those 6" figs? I like that place. I've picked up a few busts that I haven't been able to find elsewhere locally (just found the gold C-3P0 Gentle Giant bust there last weekend). Might need to stop by again in a week or two.

Reaction score
I echo 12backvader on Traders village. Foremost, it is too bad you all didn't have a good experience there. My time is so limited I feel cheated if I have an outing and not a good time.

I have found that with places like that there can be some real finds, but they take some work and bargaining with the sellers almost all of the time. Getting to know them helps to talk them down from an unreasonable price or spur them to give you a discount to move some product. It can be all about timing, I was there when 12back found the hollow-tubes Tusken in a trashed out looking box of figures. And I have had some good finds (and one awesome one) at garage sales and estate sales, but alot of times you have to pay the dues for the hunting involved.

That said, I hope everyone has a great weekend, I will post pics of my "junk parts lot" I found when I go through it tomorrow!

Reaction score
Bedrock city comics on Westheimer has a ton of prequel and clone wars figures loose. The clone troopers are all around $5 each. They have all the crazy different wookies from the battle of kasshyk too.

Also so behind the counter on the shelf they have all the prequel vehicles like grevious wheel bike the clone speeders etc.

Reaction score
Pop culture company is doing a sale on all toys 25% off this weekend for valentines/presidents day.

They have a ton of cool other stuff in like warehouse finds of aliens, spawn, action masters, and all kinds of weird 80's and 90's toy lines. Like case lots of double dragon toys. They also have pretty much most of the vintage collection vehicles and several rare loose vintage figures from the first 12 and last 17.

Reaction score
Definitely dropped by last weekend and picked up a Gentle Giant Moff Tarkin minibust. I've been looking for one for a long time, and never thought I'd find one under $100. They had it for like $52. I had to tell myself not to go on a shopping spree... otherwise, I think I would have left with a trunk full of busts, statues and vehicles. LOL Definitely a great sale. Hope they do more in the future.

Reaction score
Found the new Black Series 6 Inch Bossk and Han in Stormtrooper Outfit at the Bunker Hill TRU today. Left the Tie Pilot and Chewbacca.

Reaction score
Found the new Black Series 6 Inch Bossk and Han in Stormtrooper Outfit at the Bunker Hill TRU today. Left the Tie Pilot and Chewbacca.
How do those two look in person? Is Han's helmet really that disproportionate? Since you're buying the 6" figs, I assume you're on the look out for them. Have you seen this newest wave anywhere other than a TRU and did they look like they had more than one box of this wave? Definitely interested in Bossk, but I really need to see him in person first.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, I wasn't really on the hunt for them. I just stopped by the TRU before I went grocery stopping and there they were. I haven't really looked anywhere else. No, it looks like they had just the one box.

As for the Han, no, the helmet does not look that disproportionate. Looking at it REALLY close, you can see differences, but they are really small and nit-picky. It is a really good figure.

How do those two look in person? Is Han's helmet really that disproportionate? Since you're buying the 6" figs, I assume you're on the look out for them. Have you seen this newest wave anywhere other than a TRU and did they look like they had more than one box of this wave? Definitely interested in Bossk, but I really need to see him in person first.

Reaction score
No, I wasn't really on the hunt for them. I just stopped by the TRU before I went grocery stopping and there they were. I haven't really looked anywhere else. No, it looks like they had just the one box.

As for the Han, no, the helmet does not look that disproportionate. Looking at it REALLY close, you can see differences, but they are really small and nit-picky. It is a really good figure.
Cool. Thanks for the info. I'll need to hunt around for those two...

Reaction score
Can we post local for sale in here?

I have an Order 66 Target Exclusive Luminara Unduli and AT-RT Driver set I want to sell. Parents bought it. I don't collect most new stuff except for the VC line ... which I more or less have all of. So $10. Unopened in good condition. Pics if interested.

Reaction score
Also have some VOTC figures and VTSC figures still on card for sale. Thought I'd try 'em here before going the eBay route.

For starters:
- Han VOTC - $17. Unopened, in case; very top of case -- hanger part -- is slightly bent back. Card is perfectly fine.
- Kenobi VOTC - $20. Unopened, in good case.
- Bike Scout VTSC - $15. Unopened, in good case.

Reaction score
I wish that David Prowse would make an appearance at least once. I've been trying to see him for a while. He was scheduled for a couple of Cons in Chicago, when I lived there, and here in Houston the first year I got here, but he's always cancelled. I'm pretty much convinced that Houston may never get a Mark Hamill, a Harrison Ford, an Anthony Daniels, or a Carrie Fisher appearance. I just wish they had more of a Star Wars presence.

Reaction score
Yes I am. i am wonder where will collectors be? What stores are doing what?

Reaction score
Yes I am. i am wonder where will collectors be? What stores are doing what?
Cool! I will probably just hit up the store by me. Some Target store will be doing stuff on Saturday. I think Toysrus will have the most toys (obvisously) and Walmart should have toys and other things (clothes and other things). Which stores were you thinking of hitting up?

Reaction score
Not sure which TRU will be open. Probably going to the WM on HW 6 near the Skeeters Field

Reaction score
Anyone see any Phasma's around? I've seen all of the other figs that have been in that wave (in multitudes), but no Phasmas. Since Phasma isn't an army builder, and since all of the other figs are still hanging on the pegs (I mean like 5 or 6 of each of the other figs in that wave at one Target I've been to), I can only guess that some scalper a*$ rag is buying them all up. If you all have been seeing these at retail, where are you seeing them mostly (i.e.: Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc), and what time are you usually seeing them? I'm really trying to find one, but I don't want to pay the $50 that she's pulling online.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got one at the Walmart on Dunvale. I've seen a lot of the 2nd wave there as opposed to Target, so you might stick with them.
Also check amazon, since she intermittently becomes available for $21.99

Actually I've been checking the stores near me for the new 3.75" black series, I can pick one up for you if I see her again, if you'd like.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got one at the Walmart on Dunvale. I've seen a lot of the 2nd wave there as opposed to Target, so you might stick with them.
Also check amazon, since she intermittently becomes available for $21.99

Actually I've been checking the stores near me for the new 3.75" black series, I can pick one up for you if I see her again, if you'd like.
yeah... I was in Virginia for the holiday, and looked in a Walmart, Kohl's, Target, Kmart, and a TRU, and still only found remnants of her wave. I'm striking out here. That Walmart isn't too far from my job... like 10 miles. If you do find her, would you sell her to me for a markup, or at your cost?