Houston Area Reports- 11

Reaction score
I've only seen them at secondary retailers (Bedrock City - thanks 12backvader!)

Toys R Us usually restocks Tuesdays, so maybe tomorrow will show something locally!

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No turkeys hunted here, just a boxed vintage Sandcrawler!

I plan on going to the toy show 12/7 and have a table of items, hope to see you there!!!

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No turkeys hunted here, just a boxed vintage Sandcrawler!

I plan on going to the toy show 12/7 and have a table of items, hope to see you there!!!
Whoa, how much was the Sandcrawler? How'd you come into that?

Reaction score
No, I'm hunting one of those at this time, vs. a turkey...

I have had some offers from members, and there are some on EBay, but the boxes aren't in good enough shape for what I want, or the POP is missing, etc...

I think I will be at this a long time so I need some patience!

Reaction score
What is the Info for the 12/7 toy show.

fyi there is a kid out at traders village with a permanent stall along the right (north) edge almost all the way down the back of the flea market he's got a few interesting items

a kenner 1984 collectors edition landspeeder in nice box for $20
a return of the jedi imperial shuttle for $120 in nice condition with sticker sheet and instructions and a beat up box.
He also has votc Ben, lando, and stormtrooper for $10 (they are zip tied to the ceiling. Look up!)
he has a few kenner figures for $3-$5 all incomplete though.

He he has a few 12" figures that I know nothing about but I saw bossk and ig88 and they look really cool. Loose probably incomplete.

Reaction score
I was out doing a little scouting for friday and toys r us on i10 and bunker hill had a few cases of the new rebels stuff including 2 choppers. They also had an r5, Luke, and yodas from tn he new 3 3/4 black wave. No starkiller or malgus.
They also had a jedi Luke 6". They have 20% off all starwars so not a bad deal.

Reaction score
Hello Mr Gumbo, sorry to derail the thread here, but I need your e-mail address. I tried to respond to your PM but it said your inbox is full. Make some space and shoot me another PM when you do. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I saw the Prototype Boba Fett BS 6" at the Walgreens on Smith near Midtown. Nice to see the exclusive, but I am not collecting this line. There were about 6 there. Hope none of you are scalpers but I think this will be plentiful for a while.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The one TRU I went to for baby stuff had the latest TIE helmet carded wave, and of course someone cleaned out all of the Starkillers. I liked the colors on the astrodroid but I passed. Westheimer location FYI.

Reaction score
I went out to trader's village again today and got some pretty good scores. Misfits toys had a ton of 95-present loose figures. One guy got there before me and he nabbed the jabba skiff. I got a ton of weapons and random cantina/palace denizens.

There is also a guy out there called jacks' collectibles he's located on unit #254 up by the eldridge side he has a ton of cool vintage toys lots of loose star wars, some carded beaters, etc. I scored romba, anakin, and endor poncho luke for great prices. For some reason his first 12/first 20 kenner figures are really highly priced, but anything after that is very reasonable. He's got a ton of other cool stuff like he man, thunder cats, marvel stuff, dc stuff, etc. really worth a visit. He said they are trying to get the word out so I told him I'd pass the word on.

anyways the guy at jack's said they are going to be buying a whole collection of vintage star wars so he's worth visiting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great scores! Are all of the weapons original? I only ask so if you know they are repro you can keep track of which are not original vintage if you are looking to eventually obtain all authentic weapons/ accessories. It took me a while to complete my last 17 run on the basis of the imperial gunner/a- wing gun and the Luke storm trooper helmet. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Reaction score
yeah the weapons are original. I have some repro weapons too but I put them in a separate box, I am getting pretty good at identifying the repros now, i have been cruising imperial gunnery website and figuring it out.

I saw stormtrooper luke at third planet but they want $100 and it's missing the helmet/blaster even with the 20% off black friday sale they had it was too much for that condition.

all i need is hoth leia to complete my original collection and then I am going to focus in on the last 17. I already have 4 so far anakin, barada, endor luke, romba. and I have a warok on the way. I have removable limb c3po, r2d2 sensorscope, and a complete jedi luke coming in the mail too.

of course down the line I want to get a blue snaggletooth. a vinyl cape jawa would be nice too.

Reaction score
Luke Stormy blaster

Great scores! Are all of the weapons original? I only ask so if you know they are repro you can keep track of which are not original vintage if you are looking to eventually obtain all authentic weapons/ accessories. It took me a while to complete my last 17 run on the basis of the imperial gunner/a- wing gun and the Luke storm trooper helmet. Thanks for sharing!
Gumbo, I'd love to see your Luke Stormy blaster. I bought the the Luke Stormy as a kid (carded) and was extremely good about not losing weapons. But it of course was mixed with all my guns. I've tried to find this "pure black" blaster out of like the 50 Stormtrooper blasters I have to no success. Would love to see somebody else's.

Matt

Reaction score
Now that folks have probably been out Black Friday shopping and hitting stores all weekend, has anyone seen the new Black Series 6 inch TIE Fighter Pilot wave anywhere yet... in a retail store, not a comic shop? I'm trying to avoid scalper prices if at all possible.

Reaction score
I haven't seen wave 6 anywhere, there was reports on yakface a few weeks ago about them turning up at target but I haven't seen them anywhere yet in the houston area. I want to get yoda and the tie fighter pilot. I cannot believe they packed forward freaking obi wan kenobi. Seriously that guy is almost as bad a peg warmer as greedo. They should have repacked r2d2, or boba fett or ANYTHING but obi wan.

Reaction score
I cannot believe they packed forward freaking obi wan kenobi. Seriously that guy is almost as bad a peg warmer as greedo. They should have repacked r2d2, or boba fett or ANYTHING but obi wan.
Agreed. I'd understand an R2 repack... I imagine that they'd be coming out with a 3P0 in the near future, so that would be a nice companion repack. Army builders make the most sense though, like your Troopers, Clones, etc. With the box only containing 4 figures at a time, it doesn't have to always be a 4 figure wave. They could easily make it a 3 fig wave and just have 2 of the army builder packed in; in this case, the TIE Pilot. I don't know whay Hasbro makes these decisions. If they had an ear to the boards and the collectors forums, they'd know that army builders are the way to go with repacks and such.

Reaction score
Is anybody else going to this show? I am going, I think gumbo is going to go set up a table? It would be cool to meet up with some of you guys. Awesome Toy Collector Show - Awesome Collector Shows

HOUSTON
Sunday December 7,2014

Marriott Hotel - Houston Energy Corridor
16011 Katy Freeway
Houston,Texas 77094
(from IH -10 West take Exit # 750 /Park 10 blvd)
40 TABLE SHOW - ADMISSION:$3.00
EARLY BUYER HOUR ADMISSION:$5.00(10AM -11AM ONLY)

Reaction score
I would really like to meet some of you guys as well, unfortunately I have not heard back from the guy putting the show on to get a table (I wanted 2), but in any event I look forward to going to see what's there!

Reaction score
This sounds like fun. If I can break away from the wife this weekend, I might want to go to this. Looks like it's by where I work.

Hey... maybe we'll get to see who all of the frakin scalper scumbags are while we're there... they're probably going to be the ones who have 30 Fetts,Stormies, Clones and TIE Fighter Pilots for sale. LOL.

Anyone ever been to one of these shows before? Is it pretty grungy? Are there decent prices? Is it mainly for the vintage collector or modern browser? I just don't want to go if it's basically a thrown together flea market feel, but if it feels like the floor at a convention, I'll be cool with it. I just hate it when sellers don't care about aesthetics and displays. I know... I'm picky..., but I work for a marketing company o-o

Reaction score
I have been before it was clean and air conditioned. More details later after I am off work!

I think the scalpers for the most part stay away and sell online from what I have seen, but someone is bound to have some things we can't find because they get there first.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I sent the awesome you collector show an email making sure the show is still on and they confirmed that it is still going on. I was just worried when you said you didn't hear back from them but it looks like it's all a go.

Maybe they are out of tables?

Reaction score
I just heard back from him, he echoes what you said so it will be happening!

They have tables too so I think I will get one...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just heard back from him, he echoes what you said so it will be happening!

They have tables too so I think I will get one...
If anyone gets a table, let me know what number you are or what name you'll go by. I'll be sure to seek ya out and intro myself if I go this weekend.

Reaction score
Found the Starkiller at TRU and got the Hoth Luke at 50% off as there was only one Marek. Not much else there of interest for me I don't know about the R5.

Reaction score
Ok... Went to that "Awesome" Toy Collector Show. Let's just say that this was a complete waste of time and not at all what his website says it will be. To call that a "show" is like calling an Ewok a giant. Not to mention the use of the word awesome. 20 to 40 tables/vendors? There were like 5 to 7. What a joke. I should claim misrepresentation and get my $3 back. LOL. No offense to any of you that might have been selling stuff; that's not my intent. The failure goes on the guy who runs it. Wow... Just wow...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I went and it was pretty bad. I still found stuff I was looking for I got a y-wing and a tie bomber and a few carded vintage collection figures I didn't have.

I had heard bad things about that show from a few other toy vendors in town so I didn't have high hopes. Not to mention I didn't see one flyer anywhere for it.

The best part for me was meeting up with gumbo and talking Vintage kenner.

the best show I went to this year was the deer park show (gulf coast toy show) and it was free, the 501st was there, and there were lots of vendors. the stx show wasn't bad either.

Reaction score
The best part for me was meeting up with gumbo and talking Vintage kenner.
When I was walking in, the guy running the show pointed to a guy with a beard and said he was here from the Rebelscum boards. I didn't go over and say hey... he was talking to another guy at the first table. Was that you and Gumbo? Probably didn't see me, but I was in a light red t-shirt and jeans. How's that for vague... I know. Lol. Anyway. Definitely looking for better shows that are more professional. Lmk what ya find out about the upcoming event. ��

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yea I'm the guy with the beard and I was talking to gumbo. The dude who had the table selling Star Wars stuff was kelvin Jefferson (big black dude with transformers hoodie on )

I haven't seen the tie fighter wave anywhere. I've been to several target and Toys "R" Us and I haven't seen it yet. The only cool thing I've seen lately is Walmart got huge guardians of the galaxy toy shippers in. Which was cool because they had multiple complete waves of the legends line.

All the Walmarts seem to be full of the orange wave peg warmers. And target seems to have a lot of the Bluewave with Chewbacca and Jedi Luke

Reaction score
The highlight of my visit to that sorry show was definitely meeting you as well, 12backvader!

Work has been kicking my backside this week I look forward to going through some of my recent buys and updating my want list and putting more things up for sale here. I haven't seen anything new at retail this week.

Reaction score
I wish I would have come over and intro'd myself. It would have been nice to meet some fellow scummers here in Houston.

Well... I saw an army of 6" Proto Bobas at the Walgreens on Fry near 10, by the HEB, and there were armies of Obi's, Bespin Lukes and Hans on display at the Walmart across the street from there. I'm certain that I won't find a TIE Fighter Pilot in the wild. Though I have them (thanks to a friend in Chicago), I still haven't seen Boba, a Clone Trooper, or a Stormtrooper in the wild. Army builders are hard to come by in this market for some reason.

Reaction score
If I find any TIE pilots I will pick them up for anyone who needs them. I will not be collecting this line but if I can help out I will.

Reaction score
I wish I would have come over and intro'd myself. It would have been nice to meet some fellow scummers here in Houston.

Well... I saw an army of 6" Proto Bobas at the Walgreens on Fry near 10, by the HEB, and there were armies of Obi's, Bespin Lukes and Hans on display at the Walmart across the street from there. I'm certain that I won't find a TIE Fighter Pilot in the wild. Though I have them (thanks to a friend in Chicago), I still haven't seen Boba, a Clone Trooper, or a Stormtrooper in the wild. Army builders are hard to come by in this market for some reason.

I certainly see the stormtroopers from time to time. I think last weekend I saw them at the walmart on 1960. Boba Fett is from a long gone wave. Funnily enough I got my 6" boba when I was in Ireland, they had a ton of him at this toy store called smyths.

I just don't think the new wave has hit houston yet. Nobody has seen it. It's in other parts of the country but just not here yet.

Reaction score
Nothing new seen out there; spent most of the weekend at home with the babies and watching the Texans' season end. Got around to getting my recent buys looked at they all look nice!

Command Republic Gunship
Wedge X-Wing
Death Star Briefing Set
Legacy MOC Slave Leia and Concept IG-88
Lego UCS Sandcrawler

Reaction score
are you going to build that lego sandcrawler? I saw it set up at the lego store it looks amazing!

I went out to traders village on Saturday and misfit toys got a HUGE lot of vintage/modern loose stuff. He has a ton of prequel and clone war modern figures. tons of vehicles from vintage-modern all loose. He had 6 at-at's!

I picked up a few vintage kenner figures and some weapons, a few vintage cardbacks. I also got a die cast star wars van, the kind were you pull a rip cord and it drives.

I did grab a MINI die cast sand crawler for you gumbo, If you have it already I'll keep it, it's a cool desk toy.

I got 3 more last 17 figures, and a trash monster off ebay, and I have a blue snag coming in. I only have 4 more left to finish out my last 17. R2D2 pop up, luke stormtrooper, ev9d9, and yakface.

I haven't seen the new black series 6", target on 290 restocked and got more of the current wave (vader was gone, but jedi luke and chewy were there in force.) I have been seeing alot of the 21" and 31" figures at target and toys r us with many of the new rebels characters.

Reaction score
Toys, Collectibles, Novelties, Unique Gifts, Events,

this is the next show I have flyers for coming up. I think they gave me a flyer at the stx show. I will ask around and see if I can hear if it's good or not. I've never been to one of their shows.
Thanks for the heads up on this 12backvader- this show is on tomorrow in the Willowbrook area and it starts at 10am. Spoke to the coordinator and there are approx. 30 tables of vendors I don't know how many different dealers are there but that is a lot more of a pulse than that one a couple of weeks ago.