Houston Area Reports-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: At-Te & Falcon

UTtoyfan said:
Huff said:
Just dropping by to say "Hi" to all my old peeps. I hope all is well, and your finding everything your looking for. I haven't bought much this year, just the figures to finish up the TAC line. I haven't met any collectors out here in Jacksonville but I know they're out here since new stuff is hard to find.

Take care everyone!
Huff
Hey man good to see you in here again. Hope you/re having fun in FL!
Thanks C! I hope everything is well with you. I'm definitely enjoying FL...especially the waves.

Reaction score
Re: NEW Falcon

WM on 6. They had a big pallet display out. I have a feeling they picked it up right after though. They did the override thing on the register to sell it. It was a nice transaction; no hassles. The manager guy just came over and did it. Works out well for me because I wouldn't have been able to pick it up on release day.

It is awesome. Best SW toy ever.
Well, I haven't opened my AT-TE yet, but I think that'll still come in second.

E>

Reaction score

The Walmart at 2978 and Woodlands Parkway had the BMF on an end cap this morning - probably was about 10 of them. Not sure if they ring up or not since I didn't get one (a little too much lettuce for me) =).

Kevin

Reaction score

I haven't posted in the Houston thread before, but since I've been living here since 2003, I figured it was about time.

The Super Target in the Medical Center on Main had the Clone Wars Animated & Legacy figures. I only score 4 animated, since I want to wait until Midnight Madness.

No Padme Evolutions were left, and not all of the figures were there. So which TRU should I go to?

Westheimer? Baybrook?

I haven't decided yet.

Reaction score

memorial city Target has their clone wars figs out.scored the first wave.
first colony Target also has their figs out too.scored the legacy wave.
both had plenty left over.
Target dunvale had the evolution sets but no figs.
also all had the cloud car titanium wave.
very happy with the finds.

---------------------------------------------------------
wanted : illum outfit padme

Reaction score

anybody plan on scooping up the star wars robot chicken dvd tomorrow?
also how's the exhibit at space center houston? the same as the last?

Reaction score

Yeah I want to get the Robot Chicken DVD tomorrow. It's $9.99 @ Best Buy and they've got the rest of the Adult Swim DVD's at sale prices, too.
And I highly recommend getting Spaced: The Complete Series. If you're a fan of Shaun of the Dead & Hot Fuzz it's a British sitcom by the same people. Plenty of geek references and one of the funniest shows you'll ever see!

Reaction score

i went to go look for some toys this morning and Target had cleared out everything.i asked where the SW stuff was and they said it was put out too early and had to put it back.
i must of got lucky for a change.

Reaction score

I went to the Target in Kemah and they have their displays up with no figures. They will be selling the exclusive Commander Fox for $13.99, BMF for $149.99 and all other figures for $7.99. Remember when figures cost no more that $2.50 each?????

Reaction score

Target at 1488 and 2978 in Magnolia has some reminants of the Clone Wars wave out - plus they had 1 AT-TE on the shelf (hurry while it's still there)! I also gave an employee the DPCI and he brought me up a Commander Fox.

Reaction score

I'm not going anywhere tonight, but want to stop by the Target off Hollister and 290 tomorrow morning...think there will be any of the new wave left by the middle of the morning?

Reaction score

fishstalker said:
Is anyone going to the Baybrook or Pasadena TRU tonight?
I'll be at Baybrook in TIE pilot attire, along with a half-dozen or so other 501st troops...

Reaction score
Midnight Madness Haul!

Just came back from Westheimer TRU. The turnout was pretty big. Definitely a lot more people than I thought would show up. Stuff was getting snapped up pretty quick.

Got the Falcon and it's beautiful!
Pretty sure I covered everything from the CW line,
also scored all of the Legacy Collection wave 1 and most of wave 2 (missed Padme,IG Droid,Saesee Tinn,The Mon Calimari & Quarren Warriors).
Also got the Padme & Rebel Pilots Evolutions & the B-Wing The Holo-Grievouses went pretty quickly.

Grand total: around $320.00

To top all that my Capt. Rex mail-away & SDCC Aayla Secura arrived today, too.

Good to see you, At-At!

Reaction score
Re: Midnight Madness Haul!

i agree jedi_bebop.
stuff did go rather quickly.
i was able to score all of wave 2.that's all i was looking for.also scored the holo greivous.
jedi_bebop glad to help you with the hulk stuff.

Reaction score

Went out this morning for more finds:
Dunvale Wal-Mart didn't have much, but the Falcon is $10 cheaper than at TRU.
Westheimer Target had the last of wave 2 that I needed & Commander Fox.
Went back to TRU and most of wave 1 & 2 were gone. I picked up the Spider Droid & Torrent Fighter I missed last night.

Reaction score

Ahh!! The dry spell is over!! Went to the MM at the TRU in Pasadena. Not too many people there. Picked up the 1st Day of Issued Stickered R2-D2, Obi, Yoda, Clone Trooper, Capt Rex, Battle Driod, Grievous Bane Malar, and Darth Vader. Also picked up the Scuba Trooper, Quad Cannon Trooper, Saesee Tiin, and Obi in the Legacy Collection. I also got the V-19 and TRU exclusive B-wing. It's my first B-wing ever and I'm glad I finally go one.

Went to Target this morning and picked up a couple of Commander Fox's. There were several different figures there that were not at TRU, but I'm going to wait until they are not $8.00 a figure.

Reaction score

Dunvale Wal-Mart got in the Imperial Pilot Evolutions & the Hoth Recon Battle Pack.
I picked up the last Speeder Bike Recon.

Reaction score

WM on westpark is stocked to the ceiling.all the legacy and animated figs are there.
also all the evolutions and hoth packs plus the AT-TE.
the new titanium and galactic heroes as well.

Reaction score

fishstalker said:
Has anyone seen any Endor AT-AT around town?
Not for a long time. While we're looking for oldies, though, are there any more Hyper-ring Starfighters out there?

Everyone stay safe (and good luck) with Edouard out there...

Reaction score

I don't think I've seen one in a while, but at tru.com they're $10 off so it looks like they're priced to move.
I went shopping for supplies at Target last night & picked up the Hoth Speeder Bike set and noticed the AT-TE is on sale @ $89.99 this week.

Reaction score

geckolowe said:
fishstalker said:
Has anyone seen any Endor AT-AT around town?
Not for a long time. While we're looking for oldies, though, are there any more Hyper-ring Starfighters out there?

Everyone stay safe (and good luck) with Edouard out there...
I saw a couple at the TRU on Fairmont in Pasadena last week.

Reaction score

Weather wasn't too bad today, but I hope everyone made it alright through Edouard!
I think a leaf fell from the tree onto my driveway. That's about it for me.

Reaction score

Picked up the two new deluxe Indy packs (moto-Mutt and Cairo duo) at the Katy Super Target. Still haven't seen the Last Crusade figures in Houston stores yet...

E>

Reaction score

UTtoyfan said:
Weather wasn't too bad today, but I hope everyone made it alright through Edouard!
then you have one less leaf than me. man it is sooo dry out here in katy. i cant even get a tropical storm to water my lawn.

Reaction score

Hey all, I havent posted here in a long while but I used to be on all the time around the ROTS wave. Havent been getting a whole lot of SW gear lately but the Clone Wars wave caught my eye so I picked up all of the first wave minus Grievous and the Battle Droid (Only ones I couldnt find a 1st day issue of). Aso picked up a pretty sweet Evolutions set with Darth Nihlus from KotOR in it
Looking forward to seeing the show in theaters next week!

Reaction score

Jorge said:
UTtoyfan said:
then you have one less leaf than me. man it is sooo dry out here in katy. i cant even get a tropical storm to water my lawn.
We would be more than happy lending ya'll some water that came up to our first step. The power went out a few times and wind was strong enough to knock over some palm trees down the street.

Reaction score

Howdy! I am new to the forums but not the site! I have been browsing the forums here for a while now. I check out the Houston thread several times a day. I thought it was time to join in and help others in the Houston area to score new stuff. I found the Titanium Jango Fett at a Tuesday Morning way out in Huffman! I called before I drove out and they held him for me. The store in Tomball has him as well.I hope my posts here may help you guys out with my store sightings. I seem to be pretty lucky on new finds!

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
Picked up the two new deluxe Indy packs (moto-Mutt and Cairo duo) at the Katy Super Target. Still haven't seen the Last Crusade figures in Houston stores yet...

E>

I haven't either. They're even sold out on Hasbro's shop.

I picked up the Hoth Speeder Bike set at Meyerland Target today. About the only thing I haven't seen is the 2nd series of Evolutions Rebel Pilots (with the Twi'Lek girl pilot).

Reaction score

seriously? the toons are smoking now?

Reaction score

Jorge said:
I guess Anakin's gotta find some way to relieve his stress before turning evil and killing Separatists on Mustafar.

Reaction score

I won't be able to go this Sunday, but I hope the exhibit is cool. I didn't get to go when Luke's lightsaber was here but I may check this out.

Reaction score

Jorge said:
I think it's because of Jabba's hookah.
I remember they had a similar warning before the Incredible Hulk trailer because of Gen. Ross' cigar.
And Hellboy II actually had a disclaimer at the end credits.
That's how nutty the ratings warnings are nowadays.

I'm just curious what kind of language are they talking about? Does Samuel L. Jackson as Mace finally let one slip?

Reaction score

The smoking is probably related to Jabba; he's got that hookah right there on his dais after all.

I've never gotten around to going to Space Center so this looks like a good opportunity to check it out and do some good at the same time. Appreciate the heads up.

E>

Status
Not open for further replies.