Houston Area Reports-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone still needing the Order 66 sets Meyerland Target got in a fresh supply and everyone was on the shelf as of tonight. They also had 2 Rancors.

I should also mention they have one copy left of the first season of Saturday Night Live on DVD for the unbelievably low price of $19.99, cheapest price ever for comedy so good.

Reaction score
Saw 3 Battle-Damaged Vaders at the TRU in Sugarland, & 1 at the Wal-Mart in Rosenberg. Also the Wal-Mart in Rosenberg had the Wal-Mart exclusive comic packs.

Reaction score
Picked up 2 sets of the Droid Factory figs at the Stafford Wal-mart (like Theron said were there). On Saturday, they had between 10 - 14 sets left on the endcap.
Have also been seeing the Wal-Mart exclusive Comic Packs at pretty much every Wal-Mart on the Southwest / West side.

Reaction score
If anyone is still wanting a Rancor, they have 3 on sale for $27.00 at the Target in Kemah.

Reaction score
saw tons of the droid factory sets at the WM on 90.no sign of the new stuff yet.
anyone planning on going to to midnite madness or San Diego Con?i hope there are more than 2 TRU in houston doing it.

Reaction score
at_at_commander said:
saw tons of the droid factory sets at the WM on 90.no sign of the new stuff yet.
anyone planning on going to to midnite madness or San Diego Con?i hope there are more than 2 TRU in houston doing it.
No SDCC for me this year. But I am planning on it next year for sure. Also I may be at Midnight madness at the Bay Area TRU.

Reaction score
at_at_commander said:
No for me too on Comic Con. I'm planning on going next year.

As for the TRU midnight madness, I'm thinking about going to the TRU at Willowbrook. I'm just trying to decide if I won't get too tired staying out late and getting up to play drums at church early Sunday morning.

As far as I know, there are only the 2 TRU planned for the midnight madness. Well in the past, the stores noted as being open for midnight madness were the only ones. At least I pretty sure that's the case.

Reaction score
Picked up all of the Indiana Jones Titanium vehicles at the TRU at Katy Mills.
Also, the Target at I-10 & Fry has clearanced almost all of their Star Wars toys to make room for July 26. On clearance was the Battle Rancor, all figures, all Galactic Heroes, along with a few others.

Reaction score
Some fellow 501st troops and I are planning on suiting up for one or both of the Houston Midnight Madness events. My vote is for Baybrook, since it's five minutes from my house, but we'll see...

Reaction score
geckolowe said:
Some fellow 501st troops and I are planning on suiting up for one or both of the Houston Midnight Madness events. My vote is for Baybrook, since it's five minutes from my house, but we'll see...
Dude if you guys go I am SO there!

Reaction score
clone wars figs.

i came so close to scoring all the clone wars and legacy figures at the WM beechnut.i had them all in the basket and they would not ring up.i was as nice as i could be but they REFUSED to sell them and told me to call 1800walmart if i had a complaint.i will try again in the morning to see if they put the palate up and talk to a different group of people.
so close the clone wars figs were.this proves that they are here.now if we can get them early is the challenge.

Reaction score
Re: clone wars figs.

Found on shelf and purchased the V-19 & Homing Spider vehicles this morning.

E>

Reaction score
Halo Figs

Saw a shipment of the clone wars vehicles at El Dorado Walmart

Anyone collecting the Halo 3 series 2 figs? It's hard to get good area reports with those...

Reaction score
Re: Halo Figs

found all the clone figs again (basic//legends//legacy) at the WM kirkwood.this time they tried to ring them up for me but were not successful.

i hope there is enough to go around because the case counts and palate displays are very small.

Reaction score

Found a lone droid at Dixie Farm Walmart, perhaps someone was successful in purchasing these tantalizing figs, no Halo though

Reaction score

LordOfHunger said:
Anyone collecting the Halo 3 series 2 figs? It's hard to get good area reports with those...
Have you tried Gamestop? It is the only place I could find Halo 3 figures, no luck in Wal-Marts too. However, better call them before going there, I tried three Gamestop stores and two of them completely sold out their stock....

Reaction score

I found the V-19, Spider, V-wing, and AT-ST in the new packaging at the Kemah Walmart. But the would not let me buy any of them. They said they were "on recall for small parts and lead paint issues." What a bunch of bull!!

Reaction score

im going to comiccon this year. ive never been to a comiccon or sw celebration before, so im looking forward to it!

Reaction score

It'd be nice if the Westheimer TRU had a midnight sale. I know the manager so I might give him a call tomorrow.

I haven't found anything new but yeah that "recall" excuse is the same thing they gave me when they wouldn't let me buy some Indiana Jones figures early.

I'd love to go to ComicCon but I'm just too busy these days.
Hopefully I can still score those Mattel DC exclusives, though!

Reaction score
Found new CW/Legacy Figures

I was at the Wal-Mart at the Beltway and I-10. They had some of the new figures on the pegs. Walked up to the front with 2 Scuba Troopers, Quad Cannon Trooper, Ilum Padme, and Obi-Wan from Legacy and Captain Rex and Clone Trooper from CW. They wouldn't sell them to me, and the manager called someone from the back to go and pull all of them from the shelves. Why were they out in the first place!? Argh. Guess I'll just have to wait.

Reaction score
Re: Found new CW/Legacy Figures

i feel your pain.
that has happened to me twice already.

guess houston wont be getting them "early."

Reaction score
Re: Found new CW/Legacy Figures

I had in my hands Luke, Han, Chewie, Ak-Rev, Leekta, Saesee, Obi, Mon Cal, IG Lancer, Quarren, and the clone gunner at the Willowbrook WM this afternoon. That's 11 figures that were on the pegs. Didn't see Padme, Vader, Scubatroop, Yarna, or Bane. So either this was a mixed case asst with one figure elsewhere in the store, or it was two cases worth and someone got lucky buying. If they were purchased, it was probably through an override with a department number instead of the upc (how I got my two ships previously.) I had no luck myself this time.

Jedi_Bebop said:
Hopefully I can still score those Mattel DC exclusives, though!
Mattel says they are launching a webstore and that they will have the exclusives up for sale Monday after the con from what I understand.
E>

Reaction score
Mygeeto

Finally found the Mygeeto battle pack today at WM. Great thing is it was on clearance for $15.

E>

Reaction score
At-Te & Falcon

Saw the new displays at El Dorado Walmart very very big so if they ignore the date's they will be out tommorow

Reaction score
Re: At-Te & Falcon

I don't understand the whole "Date" issue. It's been slow going for the last couple of months in my area. You would think the quicker they put it out, the more it would sell? And why do some Walmarts let you buy them and some don't? I really don't like Walmart!!

Reaction score

Well at least it gives me more time to save some $$.
My priority is to get both the big vehicles & the Evolutions sets, but I'll still pick up some CW figures.

Reaction score

LordOfHunger said:
Saw the new displays at El Dorado Walmart very very big so if they ignore the date's they will be out tommorow
No sign of anything new at El Dorado this morning (at least not in the toy section)...

Reaction score

Saw the new stuff at 3 Wal-Marts this weekend. This consisted of the Galactic Heroes 2-packs, the Titanium repaints, & Series 1 of Legacy & Clone Wars. 2 of the Wal-marts gave me the "recall" excuse for not selling them, and the last Wal-mart was totally clueless about the release date for Star Wars. The employees were telling me I could buy them but they wouldn't ring up, so the manager came along and told me I couldn't. No worries, I can wait until the 26th.

Reaction score

Westheimer TRU will be doing the midnight sale.
I think I'll go, it'll be a fun way to spend a Friday night.

Reaction score

Just dropping by to say "Hi" to all my old peeps. I hope all is well, and your finding everything your looking for. I haven't bought much this year, just the figures to finish up the TAC line. I haven't met any collectors out here in Jacksonville but I know they're out here since new stuff is hard to find.

Take care everyone!
Huff

Reaction score

Huff said:
Just dropping by to say "Hi" to all my old peeps. I hope all is well, and your finding everything your looking for. I haven't bought much this year, just the figures to finish up the TAC line. I haven't met any collectors out here in Jacksonville but I know they're out here since new stuff is hard to find.

Take care everyone!
Huff
Hey man good to see you in here again. Hope you/re having fun in FL!

Reaction score

looked at the list of the TRU MM and good luck for us southwest siders.the greenridge store is now on the list.

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
looked at the list of the TRU MM and good luck for us southwest siders.the greenridge store is now on the list.
Yeah there's a digital countdown clock at the front door.
Besides the exclusive Holograph Grievous they're also advertising some kind of free giveaways.

Status
Not open for further replies.