Houston Area Reports-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: New deluxe

fishstalker said:
Has anyone seen the Scramble on Yavin lately? I have yet to see one.

I got mine at Target. I can let you know if I see another one.
Yeah I saw the Droid Factory figures - and the price!
I would love to have that Darktrooper, though.

Reaction score

in the UK this week. man weather has ROCKED. highs in the 70s and lows in the 60s. and it has barely rained the entire time i've been here! it was a nice escape from blazing houston.

gonna try to hit that SW exhibit by the eye tomorrow.

Reaction score
Latest Haul

It has been a pretty expensive last couple of weeks! Here's my haul during that time....

Clone Turbo Tank at Target at I-10 & Fry

Droid Factory at Wal-Mart at Katy Mills

Deluxe Figure Packs from TRU & Target

TRU Exclusives: Commerative Tin, Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes, & Commander Ponds

Galactic Heroes, Marvel Comic Packs, G.I. Joe Deluxe Exclusives, & Star Wars Battle Packs from Target

SDCC Exclusives (Still waiting on my Stormtrooper Commander and my Mattycollector.com orders)

And finally, for those CARS lovers out there, the Wal-Mart at Katy Mills had an endcap full of these...

Also, the ARC-170 in Imperial colors is at Target now for $64.99, $15 cheaper than TRU!

Reaction score
Re: Latest Haul

The Wal-Mart exclusive Build-a-droid packs are beginning to turn up in the stores I shop in.

I'd love the new Dark Trooper, but there's no way I'm going to spend 5 x $17 to get it.

The last build-a-droid packs were only $10 each. How can they justify a 70% price increase?

I'm expecting they'll end up on sale in the clearance isle, as I can't imagine many of them selling at those prices.

Reaction score

Wow you got the frozen Cap? Man, that was the only thing they sold out of when I waited in line.
At least I got my Soundwave, though.

And I found those Joe packs at the Meyerland Target today, very awesome!
They also had the Turbo Tank & Rancor. I'm gonna eventually get them but right now I'm just too darn broke!

Reaction score
Sales?

Has anyone seen anything (Star Wars items) on sale in Target stores? I'd love to get one of the ROTJ Rancor's for cheap.

Though the included Luke is pretty lame, the Rancor looks very well sculpted and the articulation is a bonus.

Wasn't the explanation for Hasbro's price increases, due to the cost of oil being so high last year? ...It's funny how the price goes up but never comes back down again.

Thankfully Hallmark have stayed pretty consistent in their pricing from year to year. I might head up to my local store tomorrow and get the ornaments that are currently available - the remaining one or two are coming out in October.

Reaction score
Re: Sales?

KissMyWookie said:
Has anyone seen anything (Star Wars items) on sale in Target stores?
Might Muggs for $2.xx and Evolutions for $5.xx. They went to 75% off last week. I doubt you'll find much of a selection of each now. Things tend to clear out the weekend after that kind of price drop. Good luck!

Reaction score

Hey fishstalker... I know it's been a few weeks since you asked, but, yesterday, I saw 2 of the Scramble on Yavin Batle Packs at the Wal-Mart on Hwy 6, between Richmond & Bellaire.

Reaction score

jasond7 said:
Hey fishstalker... I know it's been a few weeks since you asked, but, yesterday, I saw 2 of the Scramble on Yavin Batle Packs at the Wal-Mart on Hwy 6, between Richmond & Bellaire.
Thanks! I will try to make it this afternoon!

Reaction score
Ornaments and Star Wars in Concert

Seems like the Greedo ornaments are nearly all gone. Three Hallmark stores I contacted were sold out, the fourth had two left. So, I rushed over there and bought the Star Wars ornaments that are out now - the other one or two are out in October.

This morning I bought two tickets to go to Star Wars in Concert at the Toyota Center. Managed to get section "Floor B" tickets, which is in front of the stage center.

My wife is very pleased and we're both looking forward to it. It'll be my birthday present, as it's just three days before.

It sucks that no cameras are allowed in to the concert, as I was hoping to get some photos of the prop exhibit.

Steve

Reaction score
CA Droid

Finally found the Corporate Alliance Droid Tank at Eldridge/1960 Target this morning.

Now where the heck is my Lumiya comic pack!?

Edit: OST TRU has quarter scale Hoth Han if you do those.

Reaction score
Re: CA Droid

went by NASA and took some pictures.quality might not be so good. only had my cell phone.forgot the camera at home.

Reaction score
Fan Days III

Jorge said:
anyone thinking about making the drive up in october?

fan days III in plano, tx
I'm thinking about it because the Star Wars in Concert is at the new Cowboys stadium and then following it up with that would be great. I have family and friends up there so staying a couple days isn't a problem.

As for SW finds, I can finally make a post about seeing something. I've been out of town and working a lot so I haven't had much chance in a month, but finally did yesterday and today. I saw the new repaint of the ARC 170 for the ridiculous price mentioned and the Clone Wars tins at TRU at Katy Mills. I also found the Funko Ultra Stylized Bobble heads at the Walmart in Copperfield. I saw the Commander Gree wave at the Target nearby as well.

So how many are planning to go to the SW in Concert?

Reaction score
Re: Fan Days III

Darth_Bryan said:
Jorge said:
anyone thinking about making the drive up in october?

fan days III in plano, tx
I'm thinking about it because the Star Wars in Concert is at the new Cowboys stadium and then following it up with that would be great. I have family and friends up there so staying a couple days isn't a problem.

As for SW finds, I can finally make a post about seeing something. I've been out of town and working a lot so I haven't had much chance in a month, but finally did yesterday and today. I saw the new repaint of the ARC 170 for the ridiculous price mentioned and the Clone Wars tins at TRU at Katy Mills. I also found the Funko Ultra Stylized Bobble heads at the Walmart in Copperfield. I saw the Commander Gree wave at the Target nearby as well.

So how many are planning to go to the SW in Concert?
I was definitely thinking about going to this and the concert since it was on one of my weekends off. And if anyone isn't gonna make it to Star Wars in Concert in Dallas it will be at the Toyota Center that Sunday, October 25th!
http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/#_tourdates

Reaction score
Wedge Antilles\' X-wing

Just bought Wedge Antilles' X-wing at 1960/Eldridge Target.
E>

Reaction score
Latest Haul

Picked up Cade Bane, Ahsoka in Space Gear, & Clone Trooper Denal, the Wal-mart exclusive Octuptarra Droid ($35), Colossus & Movie version Logan from the Marvel Wolverine line, and the 3 Wal-mart exclusive G.I. Joe 2-Packs at the Wal-mart on Hwy 6 & Westpark.

Also picked up the 5 Wolverine Deluxe Packs from the Wal-Mart at Katy Mills (Logan on Motorcycle, Deadpool with big frakin' gun, Weapon X Chamber, Sabretooth & Blob, & Wolverine & Colossus).

Reaction score

Found the latest Titanium wave and the Wal-mart exclusive Yoda & Jek and Thire & Rys 2-packs at Westview Wal-mart yesterday, also picked up Cad Bane and Denal at Kirkwood Wal-mart.

Reaction score

Picked up Luke/Lumiya(!!!) and Katarn/Vong comic packs at Target in Nederland; missed the Darth Krayt set.

Got the 3 new exclusive Evolutions sets at the WM across the hwy as well as the Yoda/Jek & Thire/Rys sets.

Looks like there's an avalanche coming! That WM had two pallets full of cases of different SW product. The exclusives are boxed in PDQ trays and I saw several cases of single carded figures in PDQ tray cases. Wasn't able to look and see what figures were in those; hope it wasn't TPM wave! But usually this type of display packaging means a promotion/endcap/etc.

That WM also had the rarest of rarities - helpful employees. The Evolutions didn't ring up and instead of giving me crap about raiding the pallet or telling me they were recalled or some other BS, they actually took the time to find and fix the issue without even a dirty look or rolled eye. Those guys are the gold standard.

Also scored the Droid Factory sets on clearance for $8 and the CW Jabba battle pack for $17 at a WM in LA.

Oh, and it looks like the Bunker Hill TRU is reopening soon in it's new location. They have a now hiring sign up. About time! Score one for Jorge on that.

Reaction score

good to hear E. i don't work over there anymore, so i hadn't been by in awhile. glad you'll have a new place to include on your route : )

Reaction score
CW Y-wing

Saw the big Clone Wars Y-wing at Eldridge/1960 & Cypress Walmarts and the new Evolutions sets at Copperfield & 290/Tidwell Walmarts. 290/Tidwell Target had the CA Droid Tank and Asohka's Jedi Starfighter.

Reaction score
At Stores....

Most of this has been posted in this thread already, but here's my latest haul:

Clone Wars 2-Packs of Lt. Thire & Trooper Rys, & Yoda & Trooper Jek (found at Katy Mills Wal-Mart); Wal-Mart Exclusive Evolutions sets of Imperial Commandos, Rebel Pilots, & Imperial Pilots (found at Katy Mills Wal-Mart); TRU Exclusive Imperial V-Wing (found at Katy Mills TRU); Clone Wars Y-Wing (found at the Wal-Mart on Grand Parkway & 1093); Target Exclusive Wedge's X-Wing (found at the Target at I-10 & Fry)

TRU Exclusive Marvel Universe 3-Pack of Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends, & Soldiers & Henchmen (found at the Katy Mills TRU); 3 of the new wave of Marvel Universe figures (found at the Wal-Mart at I-10 & Fry)

Status
Not open for further replies.