Houston Area Reports-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Republic Fighter Tank

Found the new Republic Fighter Tank at Target this morning.

Reaction score
Re: Republic Fighter Tank

It'd be the same as the other $20 vehicles…

Reaction score
Re: Republic Fighter Tank

Np. I noticed that there were also some other older vehicles repackaged with the cardboard background/diorama thing so if you see those you either missed the tank or it might be in the back.

Reaction score
Turbo Tank

Saw the Turbo Tank at Third Planet. They wanted $135; I'll wait for retail. They also had the new Crab Droid.

Reaction score
Latest Titaniums

Found the latest Titaniums Xanadu Blood, Gold 5 Y-wing and Hyena Bomber at Copperfield Target today.

Reaction score
Re: Latest Titaniums

Saw the newest wave of Legacy (Attack of the Clones) at the Wal-Mart on Grand Parkway & 1093.

Reaction score

I saw the new Deluxe wave (crab droid, battle droid w/scout tank, etc) at TRU last night, priced $17.99. I guess that means they'll be $15 at Target and WM?

Reaction score

Picked up Owen, Beru & the Barada Jedi @ Meyerland Target this afternoon.

They also have the GI Joe movie figures, which look pretty cool.
I wonder if Eddie Murphy is in it, cause one of the figures looks exactly like him!

Reaction score

Scored the Republic Tank @ Target!! On a side note they had a TON of new GI Joe stuff....I just dont see this stuff selling.........

Reaction score
Re: Hallmark Ornaments

I picked up Han as Stormtrooper,the limited edition Greedo,& Luke's Landspeeder from the flagship store in my building downtown.

Reaction score

I'll have to stop by Hallmark and check those out.

Hey Everyone!!

Just wanted to say hi! It's been forever since I've actually posted. I check the forums daily, but I haven't had a single thing to post in months since I'm not really looking for toys as much and I flat out haven't seen hardly anything new. Maybe a lone new figure here and there.

I decided to just mainly do the fx sabers and a few helmets here and there. I just have way too many years of figures and tons of storage bins. Not a bad thing just running out of room. :)

Reaction score

Picked up my Greedo last Saturday! I always get the Limited Quantity S.W. ornament.

Reaction score
New package Clone Wars

Came across a case of Clone Wars figures in the new 09 packaging on the pegs at the Super Target on Eldridge this morning. Don't really follow these but I picked up the ARF Trooper, Wulf and the Jawas. There was also a Commando droid, Whorm, 2 xEcho, space Obi, heavy SBD, 4A, and repacks of Yoda and Greivous.

Reaction score
Re: New package Clone Wars

Nice stuff.
Finally completed the AotC wave and San Diego is 6 days away!!

Reaction score

hey at-at i'm going to london in a couple of weeks. where was that exhibit? do you know if it will still be around for awhile?

Reaction score
\"New\" ARC-170 at TRU

Saw the "new" ARC-170 Shadow Squadron at the Toys R Us in Sugarland yesterday. Here's the reason why I didn't bother to buy one.... I bought the Revenge of The Sith ARC-170 for $29.99 and I bought the 30th Anniversary ARC-170 in Clone Wars Deco for $29.99 at Target, and now Toys R Us expects us to by another ARC-170, exactly the same as the other 2 previously released ones, but this time with a dark-hued color scheme for.... drum roll please.... $79.99!

Sorry for the grainy pictures, all I had with me was my cell phone.
Notice that the scanner read as Star Wars Deluxe Vehicle. This might mean that there might be others coming at $79.99. I have been hearing rumors and rumblings about a $79.99 Y-Wing coming (Previously released 3 times, once at $19.99 and twice at $29.99). How moronic is this? Now I am a collector who likes to have at least one of everything, but I'm drawing a line right here. For $20 more you could go and buy an AT-TE or a Playstation 2! Come on Hasbro and TRU, I know times are tough all over, but why make it tougher on us by jacking up the price by more than half!? Are there any of you out there that plan on getting these?

Reaction score
Re: \"New\" ARC-170 at TRU

jasond7 said:
For $20 more you could go and buy an AT-TE or a Playstation 2!
Next week, you could actually get an AT-TE for $30 less. TRU is supposedly having a Christmas in July sale starting Sunday and the AT-TE is supposed to be $50 during.

jasond7 said:
I have been hearing rumors and rumblings about a $79.99 Y-Wing coming (Previously released 3 times, once at $19.99 and twice at $29.99). How moronic is this?
The upcoming $79.99 Y-wing is not the same as what has been previously released 3 times.

It will be the Clone Wars version and as such required a completely new mold.
If you look at Hasbro's slideshow picture from back in February you'll note the much larger two-seater cockpit which seems to indicate a larger toy than the original Y-wing.

Granted, I agree $80 is high, especially for that ARC-170.

Anyhow, cool that you saw something new. The new Clone Wars wave has popped up at a couple more Targets here in NW Harris as of this morning.

Quick question - has anyone seen the Clone Wars wave containing Jedi Jar Jar at a Target or Wal-mart in the Houston area? I've only seen them at TRU.

Reaction score

Jorge said:
hey at-at i'm going to london in a couple of weeks. where was that exhibit? do you know if it will still be around for awhile?
just head for the london eye.it is in between the london eye and the aquarium. it will still be there. it looked pretty permanent. admission is 12 pounds. also if you make to the covent garden area there is a shop called forbidden planet that is real similar to 3rd planet but cooler.

Reaction score

I knew about the Clone Wars Y-Wing, but at other Star Wars sites, there have been talks of the OT Y-Wing being upgraded with a different cockpit and bigger.

Reaction score

for $80 i should be able to sit inside it.

thanks for the info at-at i'll check it out.

Reaction score

But "a different cockpit and bigger" wouldn't be the same as "previously released 3 times". That's like comparing the PotF2 X-wing's to the upcoming Wedge's X-wing.

Reaction score

Meyerland Target had a Jedi Jar Jar figure for a few weeks.

Yeah everything's going up, it seems. Even the Crab Droid is something like $18.99 now. Didn't it used to be a $10.99 deluxe figure when Ep.III first came out?

Reaction score
More new Clone Wars figures

Saw Cad Bane, Denali, Mace, space suit Ahsoka and Ani, plus several repacks at Wilcrest Target this morning. There were ten figure so I'm guessing Gree was already purchased; not sure who else was missing.

Reaction score
Re: More new Clone Wars figures

From Super Target on Main I picked up a few new CW's figures. OB1 in space suit, the Jawa's,some driod???,and General Loathsome (sp?)...Over at the TRU on OST I scored the Turbo Tank!!! I cant wait to get home and open it up!! I also left with the Home One and Endor Lego sets! In all the best haul for me in a long while!

Reaction score
Re: More new Clone Wars figures

those of us who could not go to SDCC G4 will have the star wars panel full coverage on saturday afternoon.

Reaction score
New deluxe

Willowbrook TRU had the Turbo Tank support squad and the 212th Clones w/jetpacks deluxe sets. Also, a couple cases of CW Gree wave. I picked up a Gree and left the rest. Saw an empty spot for the Turbo Tank too.

Reaction score
Re: New deluxe

Comic Con was awesome! Everybody should go at least once.
Hopefully it will stay in San Diego because I don't think it would work as well in either Vegas or LA.
Picked up a lot of stuff but missed the SW panel because the line to get in was already capped off.
I did see the Iron Man 2 preview, and got to meet Mark Hamill.
The Hasbro booth looked insane. Lots of great stuff coming out!

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
Comic Con was awesome! Everybody should go at least once.
Hopefully it will stay in San Diego because I don't think it would work as well in either Vegas or LA.
Picked up a lot of stuff but missed the SW panel because the line to get in was already capped off.
I did see the Iron Man 2 preview, and got to meet Mark Hamill.
The Hasbro booth looked insane. Lots of great stuff coming out!
That's awesome you got to meet Mark Hamill! I saw him and Kevin Conroy at the Batman:Arkham Asylum video game panel. Too cool! Even Zack Snyder(director of Watchmen), who held the BD-Live screening of Watchmen after the Batman panel, said he was in awe after meeting Mark Hamill. It's freakin' Luke Skywalker!

Reaction score

He really was a great guy! I also got to meet Leonard Nimoy, Tanya Roberts & Jane Wiedlin, who appeared in Star Trek IV & Bill & Ted but is probably best known as the guitarist from The Go-Go's.
And yeah I saw the CW Y-Wing in person and it's pretty much the same size as the ARC-170, so I definitely want it.

And if anybody's up for a midnight show The River Oaks is screening the new Green Lantern animated DVD on the big screen tomorrow night.

Reaction score

First wave of deluxe and the Turbo Tank at Wilcrest Target. Looks like most stores got 2 Turbo Tanks for their current toy section reset.

Reaction score
Ponds

Saw Cmdr. Ponds exclusive clone at Katy TRU this afternoon.

Reaction score
Wal-Mart Droid Factory

Picked up all 5 of the Wal-Mart exclusive Droid Factory 2-Packs at the Wal-Mart at Katy Mills. Unfortunately, they now cost $17 each!
Also picked up at TRU Katy Mills the Collector Tin for the Clone Wars ($29.99) $ Commander Ponds ($9.99).
Inflation sucks!

Reaction score
OT:

What's up guys? High pressure, yes sir...no rain, and HOT!. Ok back on topic.

This totally useless post is brought to you by Fishy Joes...Ride the Walrus!

Status
Not open for further replies.