Houston Area Reports-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: New Battle Packs

I found both Battle Packs at the Meyerland Target this afternoon.

And I remember seeing the new Ms. Marvel there last week. I'll let you know if I see another one.
They haven't gotten new DC Universe figures in ages!

Reaction score

hey all,

i'm still looking for the potf 12" speederbike and scout, and sandtrooper and dewback. shipping on these things is killing me on ebay, so i thought i would ask again locally if anyone has them and wants to sell them.

Reaction score

Picked up the Ms. Marvel & the Punisher (all black costume) at Target. Also, if anyone missed out on the Wal-Mart exclusive Force Unleashed Packs (Vader & Incinerator Troopers and Palpatine & Shadow Stormtroopers), TRU has once again picked up someone else's exclusive and are now selling them, repackaged in Legacy Collection packaging. I saw them at the Katy Mills TRU.

Reaction score

Westheimer TRU has them as well.

I saw the new ESB figure wave at Bedrock City this afternoon, so I guess they're hitting other stores, too.

That's the coolest looking Emperor they've ever done.
I'm so sorry I laughed at it when the early pics came out.

Reaction score
New figs

Picked up the new Clone Wars wave along with the new Legacy wave (although the Legacy wave I got off of Hasbrotoyshop.com).

Reaction score
Re: New figs

Picked up a set of wave 6 ESB figures yesterday afternoon at the Eldridge/1960 WM.

E>

Reaction score

Empire Strikes Back Wave:
Luke Skywalker (Medical Frigate)

All Jedi and Sith figures should have this kind of articulation!

Emperor Palpatine (new head)

Captain Needa

Princess Leia (Medical Frigate)

Rebel Hoth Soldier

Ugnaught

BAD: U-3PO

I went to several Wal-marts on the southwest side and every one of them had all of this wave.

Reaction score

sweet. no holographic figs and no clones/stormtroopers.

finally... a wave i can pass on!

Reaction score

finally got around to seeing star trek yesterday. i was pretty impressed with the film.

there were several tributes to old school star trek, but they didn't copy it, or stray too far from the story. i really think the story went well.

i liked most of the characters. especially uhura. i found myself liking her alot.

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
Blaspheeeemer! lol
hey, mr. i buy raiders of the lost ark toys and cars toys and countless other lines toys.

who's cheating on who here?

the only thing in my display room is starwars!

Reaction score

Then I guess I shouldn't say I've been buying the new Star Trek figures & playsets, should I?

I saw Terminator Salvation tonight. I liked it better than T3 but not nearly as good as the older films.

Reaction score

Jorge said:
Elmeaux said:
Blaspheeeemer! lol
hey, mr. i buy raiders of the lost ark toys and cars toys and countless other lines toys.

who's cheating on who here?

the only thing in my display room is starwars!
Cars!? I've never even seen the movie let alone bought the toys. And Indy is Lucasfilm, so nyah nyah nyah!

And the only thing displayed in my Star Wars room is Star Wars. Everything else is in the other room. That's right beyotch, I've got two rooms!

Reaction score

fine E... you win. you are TWICE the dork i am.

Reaction score

lol

Found new Hound's Tooth and Clone Wars Y-wing Titaniums today at Target.

Reaction score
New ships

Came across the Magna droid fighter and the Vulture droid at Walmart today.

Also saw them at Target later. Looks to be about $4 cheaper there too.

Reaction score
Re: New ships

Is anyone in the H-Town area still seeing the GH Snowspeeder Cinema Scene in stores?? I still have not found this.....Anyone? Anyone?

Reaction score
U-3P0 variation finds?

In case you haven't heard, there's a variation on the build a droid for the current ESB wave. Here's a link to a post with a pic in the U-3P0 thread.

So far I've only seen the silver version in town. Has anyone found the champagne version yet?

Reaction score
Re: U-3P0 variation finds?

The only pieces I have are silver.

And I had no idea he was the "E-choota!" droid. Cool!

Reaction score
Re: U-3P0 variation finds?

hey, does anyone here have a black stand and clear clips that came with the master replica FX lightsabers that they are not using? anyone wanna hook me up with one?

i'm displaying my maul double blade, and i only have two, and i really need a third to hold up the other end of the blade. it sags if the blade isn't propped up.

please lemme know if anyone has one they aren't using.

Reaction score
RC Droids

I forgot to post, but last Friday, I picked up all 4 of the remote controlled droids, at the Target at I-10 & Fry. At $16.99 each, they are a bit pricey.

Reaction score
Re: RC Droids

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've posted but I've stopped collecting Hasbro stuff and focused more on high end Sideshow stuff

I do hope everyone is well and I check in once in a while.
Anyways, did you guys see that Space Center Houston has a George Lucas exhibit with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and American Graffiti stuff? Sounds cool!
I will probably check it out on one of my days off. Later everyone!
http://www.spacecenter.org/CurrentExhibit.html

Reaction score

was in third planet today and noticed that they had the owen and beru wave. have not seen these at retail. anybody come across these yet?

Reaction score

I haven't read of any mainstream retail sightings of the AotC wave yet, just direct market outlets like online stores and such.

Reaction score

UTtoyfan said:
Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've posted but I've stopped collecting Hasbro stuff and focused more on high end Sideshow stuff

I do hope everyone is well and I check in once in a while.
Anyways, did you guys see that Space Center Houston has a George Lucas exhibit with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and American Graffiti stuff? Sounds cool!
I will probably check it out on one of my days off. Later everyone!
http://www.spacecenter.org/CurrentExhibit.html

damn dude i thought you had left the country or something! good to see you back

Reaction score
Re: GH Snowspeeder

I finally found the GH Snowspeeder set at Target this morning!! I have looked for months for this Snowspeeder!!

Reaction score
Re: GH Snowspeeder

Just a heads up,
looks like somebody sold their SW collection to Bedrock City on Westheimer. They've got a lot of new carded figures & loose vehicles at very good prices.

I picked up the McQarrie Rebel Soldier w/coin for $11.99!

Reaction score
09 packaging

I saw Saga Legends repacked figures in the new package style today at Target and TRU. Looks like the little cardboard weapons lockers are a different color now - tan/orange stripes instead of blue.

Reaction score
Re: 09 packaging

So has anyone seen the Episode II wave yet?

For me it's all about Owen & Beru or die tryin'!!

Reaction score
Ep. 2 Legacy Wave

I picked up all of the Ep. 2 wave from hasbrotoyshop.com and it was delivered on Saturday.

Reaction score
Re: Ep. 2 Legacy Wave

I got my AotC wave in from HTS. Ordered Thursday, received yesterday. Used the SW2010 code for 10% off. Ended up paying less than $6 more than if I'd bought them at local retail.

Reaction score

and for the amount of gas i know that you use hitting all those stores, shopping from your computer chair seems to be the way to go!

i know people like the hunt and discovery and all, and i used to as well. i'm over that now. when i was in college and i had loads of spare time, it was one thing. my time is a little more valuable now

Reaction score

Yep. I've cut way back on the hunt in the last year.

Saw the Rancor and the radio control astromechs on the shelf for the first time in town while at Target on Jone/249 this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.