Houston Area Reports-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Latest Haul

im in the UK this week in london on business.

i got sooo excited when i saw a toys r us literally blocks away from my hotel. i finally got some time to run over there and go look.

man... i've never seen so many gargans. there had to have been 50 of them. talk about a pegwarmer. that had like 3 or 4 characters, and that was it. around the corner, they actually had some ROTS carded figures! it was neat to see that. no one good though. they had some black SAGA carded figs too.

i'll tell you what they did have, and that was beasts, vehicles and playsets galore. like 40 rancors. a dozen banthas. and about 30 of the lars homestead playsets. lots of vehicles including the large wing tie fighter, etc...

i was very bummed to see the lack of figure selection, and very bummed to see the figs they had were not in trilogo packaging. just the same ol' packaging we get here.

so no score.

Reaction score

jasond7 said:
Oh sorry, that one I ordered off of Hasbrotoyshop.com
Thanks for the clarification. I thought about ordering it earlier in the week but with tax and shipping it comes out too high by itself. I already have the other two from when I ordered wave 5.

Did find the WM exclusive Gunship for $11. That was pretty sweet.

Reaction score

the WM dunvale had plenty of the new comic book packs. left overs of the goldie wave and cartoon dooku wave.

Reaction score
Re: What happened to HK-47?

Got the Wal-Mart exclusive Ewoks Comic Pack from the store @ I-45/Louetta. They had a bunch of them.

Also, found the new Titaniums. I bought the Twilight (from The Clone Wars) and Anakin's ROTS Starfighter w/Hyperdrive Ring (very cool to display, but the fronts of the engines don't fit very well and are wonky).

Steve

Reaction score
looking for

thought i would try my luck here.

i need a sandtrooper with black pauldron from the dewback 12" set. i also need a bikerscout from the speederbike 12" set. i just need the troops, not the sets. i need them complete and mint.

if anyone has some they would like to sell, lemme know. i'm also looking for some marmit sandtroopers.

these are all i need to complete (for the moment) my 12" trooper collection.

Reaction score
Latest Haul Part 2

More Cars stuff for my son's upcoming birthday:
Leak Less Hauler, Jerry Recycled Batteries Hauler, & Impound DJ all from Wal-mart

Marvel & Wolverine figures:
Green Goblin, Captain America, Grey Hulk, Green Hulk, Iron Fist, Ronin, Gambit (comic), Sabretooth (comic), Maverick (comic), Weapon X (comic), Logan (comic), Wolverine (Brown costume comic), Wolverine (Strike Force comic), Wolverine (Yellow costume comic), Sabretooth (movie), Logan (movie), Deadpool (movie), & Wolverine (movie) all from mostly Wal-mart and a few from Toys R Us.

Masters of the Universe:
Stratos

and finally, Star Wars (Hey, it IS a Star Wars website!):
Comic Packs Luke Skywalker / Deena Shan & Wedge Antilles / Borssk Fey'lya both bought online at Hasbrotoyshop.com

Reaction score
Re: Latest Haul Part 2

Man I cringe every time I see that movie version of Deadpool.

I finally found a Snowtrooper at Westheimer TRU.

Reaction score
Re: sorta quiet around here

Jedi_Bebop said:
Oh and I booked a room & ordered my pass for SDCC this past week, so I'm pretty psyched about that!

sound like fun jedi_bebop. i have had chances to go in the past but were always afraid of the crowds.

i will be seeing watchmen at midnight tonite even though it is 3 hours.anybody else? there is also a show @ 3:50 am if you can believe it.

Reaction score

yeah plan your days and the panels you want to see, and plan for lots of time inbetween panels, because you have to wait in line for every one. dont expect to go two two panels that end/begin back to back. you won't make it in alot of the times.

Reaction score

Your best bet for getting to see a panel you are interested in is to sit through the one the precedes it as they don't clear the rooms between them. And if you don't make into that preceding panel at least you have a better position in line for the one you wanted.

Reaction score

yeah and i would also suggest not standing in line like an idiot for 3 hours for the hasbro exclusives.

everything i bought was for sale on their website after SDCC08.

Reaction score

Yeah I'll still order all the exclusives online. Beats standing in line for them and less to carry back home.

And Watchmen was excellent. I saw the 9am showing on the Imax. It's just like the book!
Loved the new Harry Potter trailer, too.

And I saw the AT-TE Squad Battle Pack at the Target on San Felipe.

Reaction score
Comic packs 14-16

Picked up the new Ki-Adi Mundi/Sharad Hett comic pack at Target at 1960/Eldridge this afternoon. They also had the Borsk Fey'lya/Wedge Antilles and Luke Skywalker/Deena Shan sets.

Reaction score
Re: Comic packs 14-16

Dunvale Wal-Mart had tons of their excl. comic book packs.

The Ewok 3-pack is awesome!
Also saw one lone Riddler from their excl. DC Universe wave. I don't think I've seen any of the other figures anywhere else.

Reaction score
BAD Figures

Looking for completed R2-L3 and R5-A2, would like to purchase both $20

Reaction score
Luke & Han Stormtroopers, Space Trooper

Was passing the WM at Hwy290 near W Tidwell, so went in for cat food and checked out their SW figures.

They had a lot of new figures on the pegs, including around 5 or 6 each of the Luke and Han in Stormtrooper disguises, and the Space Trooper.

Picked up one of each, as I expect these will go fast.

They also had 2 or 3 Jawas too, but I already got one of those a couple of weeks ago.

I'd like to get the cantina aliens, but with money being so tight right now I'll have to wait and see if I can pick them up cheap off eBay sometime.

Steve

PS: Anyone want to trade a Titanium Rogue Shadow for a Titanium Twilight ?

Reaction score
Re: Luke & Han Stormtroopers, Space Trooper

ran into the SW easter stuff @ Target. clone wars pails and a plush darth vader that comes with jelly beans.

Reaction score
Droids!!!! Anyone???

Looking for completed R2-L3 and R5-A2, would like to purchase both $20

Anyone?? please??

Reaction score
Re: Droids!!!! Anyone???

It costs $60-70 to put those two droids together. I don't think you are going to get any takers offering $20 for the pair.

In any event, you'd probably be better served with a 'WTB:' request in the Modern Classifieds.

Reaction score
Re: Droids!!!! Anyone???

true, but i do know there are a few fanatics here locally in houston that i could share the money with locally, rather than toss it about the us. Not like one of two people on this board dont collect at least 2-3 runs of things for their mint-in-box collection, the on display collection and the play with collection. I tend to try and look locally to work to each others collective benefit. I don't believe in ebay robbery or overcharging folks.

Reaction score
New Titaniums out

And back on topic, found new Titaniums today at Target including a new Barc speeder and IG 2000.

Reaction score
Re: New Titaniums out

Target at 1960 and Lake Houston just got a restock, shelves are full

Reaction score

Westheimer TRU had the new comic book 2-packs except for Ki-Adi Mundi.
The one with Wedge is pretty awesome.

Reaction score

Picked up IG 2000 and BARC Speeder at the "downtown" Target! They are loaded up with Titaniums and figures. $8.79 for one figure...OUCH!!!! The Titanium series a litte over $7 bucks OUCH!!!!

Reaction score

I guess if you shop at the "downtown" Target, you pay "downtown" prices.

Reaction score

lol E show me a target you DON'T shop at dude.

Reaction score

Jorge said:
lol E show me a target you DON'T shop at dude.
I haven't been to the one on the Beltway down by Pearland. But then, I don't think it's actually open yet.

E>

Reaction score
UBP clearance

Check your Targets, 08 UBPs are starting to hit clearance in Houston.

Reaction score
Re: UBP clearance

If you missed the earlier Titanium wave with Shadow Scout Bike, they are hitting area HEBs that have toy depts.

Reaction score
Re: UBP clearance

The TRU on OST had the latest Clone Wars wave. Kit Fisto, Jar Jar Jedi, red Battle Droid etc and also exclusive 2-packs that look like re-releases.

Reaction score
Star Trek Toys

If anyone is interested, I saw a mess load of Star Trek toys for the new movie at the the Katy Mills Wal-Mart. They had the new Enterprise along with all of the 3 3/4" figs and all of the 5" figs.

Reaction score
New Battle Packs

Finally found something new on the peg, picked up the two new battle packs and clone wave 5 figures at Westchase Target.

Reaction score
Re: New Battle Packs

Haven't seen the newest wave of the Clone Wars figures yet, but I did pick up the 2 newest Battle Packs yesterday at Target on Fry & I-10:
Scramble on Yavin & Jabba's Palace

Also picked up Wave 3 of the Marvel figures:
Spider-Man (Black Costume), Hand Ninja, Thing, Classic Iron Man, & Classic Ms. Marvel (Still missing All black Punisher & New Ms. Marvel)

Also, got in my He-Man Classics Mer-man Figure from Mattycollector.com

Reaction score
Re: New Battle Packs

Thanks for posting these were out guys. Picked up the Yavin set today in Cypress.
E>

Status
Not open for further replies.