Houston Area Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Baybrook TRU had the Jabba Ultra wave figure assortment this morning. Tons and tons of figure pegwarmers.

Can't wait to get the silver clone trooper soon. Hope everyone posts when they finally hit.

Reaction score
Looks like the Westheimer TRU finally got the Jabba the Hutt & Denziens 3-pack in good supply. Same for the Obi-Wan & Jango sets.
Not much else on Westheimer. Dunvale Wal-Mart still has those same 4 Zam Wessels, & Target still had some of the cup sets.

I had a feeling the cups would be plastic before I even got them. I guess they were afraid they'd have a lot of broken ones if they were actual glass.

Reaction score
Well, I finally got a chance to hit my closest TRU (The Woodlands) and I didn't see any really new SW stuff.....but I am happy to report that I started looking thru the LOTR trilogy figures they had and the second figure I touched was a Twilight Frodo!!! YEA!!!! Now I have TF ......hell, I figured I'd never find him on a peg.

I also hit the Woodlands Walmart and Target.....the Walmart didn't have anything.....but Target had the deluxe Jango and Obi Wan....one of each.....then a few packs of the Jabba's Denziens,Jabba, and some sets of the glasses. Be sure to check the endcaps by the bicycles in Target....they had some of the Screen scenes on clearance.....as well as a bunch of the LOTR stuff.

Reaction score
I still haven't seen the clearanced cinema scenes. Whenever I find them at Target, they're regular price.

Reaction score
No wonder I kept missing the Clone Wars cartoon. Didn't realize it was only about 5 min. long. I was expecting like a 1/2 hour show. Oh well at least now I know to be there right at 7 or I'm gonna miss it.

No new finds in quite a while.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Starbasser:
No wonder I kept missing the Clone Wars cartoon. Didn't realize it was only about 5 min. long. I was expecting like a 1/2 hour show. Oh well at least now I know to be there right at 7 or I'm gonna miss it.

No new finds in quite a while.
<font size="2" face="arial">I did the same thing when it first came out. When they say a micro series they mean it.

Yesterday afernoon I found a few 12 Obi Wan's at the Baybrook TRU. I didn't have DSL connection back up until now so I couldn't post it.

What happened to the Target next door? Did they build a Super Target somewhere close or just shut it down?

Reaction score
The Baybrook Target is now a Super Target, a block further down Bay Area Blvd. Just continue travelling west away from the freeway, and it will be on your left. Or, if you're already at TRU, just drive through the parking lots across the store fronts and when you run out of concrete you're there.

Not that it'll do you any good- I've only seen one new case (a Yavin) in the past couple of months...

Reaction score
Too much work for me this week to look.

Hopefully, next week will be better.

Starbasser, did you ever find the Yavin wave?

Reaction score
Well my local Wal-mart put out the new wave with Ozzel, Dengar and Bossk. I picked them up quite happily. Also had some of the Yavin wave in with that case. Like one of each from the Yavin wave. Still not much at my Target. Saga scenes are down to $9.98. No Glasses yet. My TRU got in the repacked Jango and Obi Wan Kamino Ultra sets. Only one of each. Anyway that is all.

Reaction score
Darth Dork... I am in College Station. I post here b/c its the closest place to post my finds. I do it mainly to let you guys know that they are in the area. Sorry for any confusion.

Reaction score
Darth Dork, head up to the Target store in the Woodlands.......that's where I spotted some clearance Cinema Scens last weekend.......on the endcaps at the rear of the toy department.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Huff T:
<font size="2" face="arial">I actually got them off ebay. I payed $35 + shipping. Not too bad. I just didn't want to end up missing them if they were cancelled, and spend a fortune on them. That's the newest figs I've got tho.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Huff T:
<font size="2" face="arial">I actually got them off ebay. I payed $35 + shipping. Not too bad. I just didn't want to end up missing them if they were cancelled, and spend a fortune on them. That's the newest figs I've got tho. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Cool! I haven't seen them around here lately except this morning the Baybrook KB had one Jan DoDonna.

Baybrook TRU and Target had nothing this morning.

Anyone see the Star Destroyer wave around here yet?

Reaction score
No Star Destroyer wave yet.

Just got the Silver Clonetrooper from Baybrook TRU. They wouldn't sell it to me by itself; I had to buy $14.99 of SW stuff first.

Someone else was there in the aisle next to me asking them the same questions. Was that red-headed guy one of you?

Reaction score
I didn't get to make it to TRU today and I was wondering if they had gotten them. I ordered mine from Amazon the other day so I wouldn't have to buy $15 worth of stuff.

Any other reports around town?

Reaction score
Destroyer Wave hit Texas city/LM walmart. I got 2Xbossk, 2xDengar, 1xAntilles. This is what was left Dodonna, Dutch, TIE Fighter Pilot & Ozzel.

Reaction score
Well I hit my TRU yesterday and picked up the Silver Clone for $4.99 each. I just bought the 2 I wanted and didn't have to buy $15 dollars worth of stuff to get them. That was the good news. The bad news is that they were ALL in busted up packages! I mean every one of the 20 that they had. I picked out the 2 best ones I could find. I may have to go back and see if they put out any more but I doubt it. They usually only get one shipment of the promo stuff. Anyway...just and FYI.

Reaction score
same thing happened to me with the Silver clone but I did find one that was in really good shape.

it looked like someone had bent all the cards. Also I think the silver looks really cheap on the clone the vader and r2-d2 are much better.

Reaction score
Originally posted by vdubbin2001:
Destroyer Wave hit Texas city/LM walmart. I got 2Xbossk, 2xDengar, 1xAntilles. This is what was left Dodonna, Dutch, TIE Fighter Pilot & Ozzel.
<font size="2" face="arial">Nice score! My friend went up there and picked up an Ozzel for me. Now I need the other two (Bossk and Dengar).

Today, I hit:
Kemah Walmart = Nothing
Fairmont Walmart = Nothing
Deer Park Walmart = Nothing
Fairmont TRU = Nothing
Fairmont Target = Nothing

Reaction score
Well the Vader and the R2 were vac-metalized. While the Boba and the Clone were simply painted Silver. Tow completely different processes. I also prefer the vac-metalized figures. But I think that Hasbro is just cheaping out on the figures in order to produce a greater number of them. I would even be willing to pay more for them if they were all vac-metalized. But i digress....a non crushed package would do at this point.

Reaction score
Originally posted by vdubbin2001:
As of 9:00pm baybrook target has Destroyer wave and R1g4 wave.
<font size="2" face="arial">Thanks for the hook-up. My friend went by this morning and picked up a set for me and him.

Kemah Walmart (the last few days) = Nothing

Reaction score
Fairmont TRU = Silver Clonetroopers on pegs. (Mostly beat up)
Fairmont Target = Pegs full of Yoda/padawan wave

Baybrook Target= Bar2D2 wave and Jango/Obi Ultra asst.
Galveston Target=Remnants of HOF wave

Couple of the Targets had scene scenes for $4.98

[ 04-09-2004, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Huff T ]

Reaction score
TRU in willowbrook had the ultra jango and obi won, along with the yellow clone troopers from clone wars deluxe packs, and the newest unleashed wave.

Reaction score
Found Red Leader X-Wing at Westheimer TRU. THey had a lot. No sign of any good single figures. No sign of any good single figures. Found a $4.98 screen scene - Genosian War Room at Target San Felipe. Now, I just need the other one.

Reaction score
Originally posted by sichair:
TRU in willowbrook had the ultra jango and obi won, along with the yellow clone troopers from clone wars deluxe packs, and the newest unleashed wave.
<font size="2" face="arial">Hey man it's good to hear from you!!!! Man wouldn't you know they day I feel like crap there's a few things at Willowbrook.

How many figures are in the deluxe wave?

Reaction score
Yeah, it has been a while, been pretty busy with everything and have hardly been going out looking for new toys. The Deluxe clonetroopers were yellow and there was one pack remaining, I didn't purchase it because I am not a variant collector, I got the regular and that suited me just fine. But I did pick up the only ultra obi won and jango.

One other thing, I missed the Leia Unleashed, I have the entire set minus her, so if anyone can sell it to me for at least less than ebay ridiculous prices send me a pm. Or maybe we can work out a trade of sorts.

Happy Easter to all...and Happy hunting.

[ 04-12-2004, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: sichair ]

Reaction score
I'm missing Leia as well. The Star Wars Insider a couple of issues back said that they would re-release Leia, ROTJ Luke, and a couple of other recent hard-to-find ones this Fall on updated packaging, so I'm going to wait.

There are others, though, that I still need
(I just recently got into the Unleashed line). If anyone has any of the following (carded or loose) that they are willing to part with, let me know:
Jango Fett, Darth Vader (with or without removable helmet), Anakin Skywalker

Reaction score
Picked up a Red Leader X-Wing at the Baybrook TRU. There was one left this afternoon. No new figures on the rack. Did pick up two silver clone troopers for the X-Wing purchase and they still had a few left behind the courtesy booth.

Reaction score
Baybrook TRU restocked with Jabba Deluxe Wave, and 2 spider droids and 1 battle droid pack. Nothing else remotely new.

Reaction score
Baybrook Target = nada
ElDorado Wal-Mart = nada
Almeda Target = nada

Anyone here have an extra R2 droid factory flight, Snowtrooper or Obi-Wan acklay battle they might be willing to part with?

Reaction score
Baybrook Target = nada
ElDorado Wal-Mart = nada
Almeda Target = nada

Anyone here have an extra R2 droid factory flight, Snowtrooper or Obi-Wan acklay battle they might be willing to part with?
<font size="2" face="arial">It's been pretty slow here lately.

I'll check and see if I have any extras of those figures. Off hand, I don't recall buying extras of those but I'll check.

Reaction score
Kirby TRU has the deluxe Jango and Obi-Wan (couple of each). Also, a few Jabba's Denziens and Jabba deluxe.

Reaction score
Thanks Huff.

The report for today is the same as yesterday, and includes the Texas City Wal-Mart as well. They didn't have a single fig on the pegs.

Reaction score
I got a chance to hit the Woodlands TRU and Target tonight........I picked up the last Cinema Screen Scene they had on clearance for $5.....

Target REALLY has a hell of a clearance going on some of thier LOTR stuff.....

At TRU they had the deluxe Jango,Obi,Wampa, and Jabba.......as well as ONE Unleashed Boba Fett....which I stashed tonight...and might pick it up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.