Houston Area Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Darth Dork:
Nothing to report, except that we almost fell off the first page...

Anybody seen the Star Wars glasses at Target yet??
<font size="2" face="arial">They hit San Antonio this past week.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Billy Ray:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Darth Dork:

<font size="2" face="arial">They hit San Antonio this past week. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">REALLY???? Are these going to be available in the snack bar or on a shelf??? I need clued in on these....as I don't usually wade into the modern forums much,LOL

Reaction score
Originally posted by TopJedi the Astros fan:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Billy Ray:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Darth Dork:

<font size="2" face="arial">They hit San Antonio this past week. </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">REALLY???? Are these going to be available in the snack bar or on a shelf??? I need clued in on these....as I don't usually wade into the modern forums much,LOL
</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">You know, I am not really sure. I will ask the guy that spotted them. I am not interested in these at all, so I didn't follow up on it. I'll let you know though.

Reaction score
Wow! It's either feast or famine... nothing forever and tonight I found the Maul and Ben glass sets at the Humble Target and the motherload at the Fairmont Target :
Tanus Spijek
Skiff Lando
Captain Antilles
Gold Leader
Gen. Dodonna
TIE pilot
Not a bad haul, although I still need the rest of the skiff wave.

GBU

Reaction score
Originally posted by TopJedi the Astros fan:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Billy Ray:

</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">Regular toy aisle. Saw the sticker on the shelves today...but no glasses.

Glad to see the Yavin wave has hit there! Hopefully we will see them here soon

Reaction score
Boy I tell ya, on the Westheimer side of things, it couldn't be more dead.
The only luck I've had lately is 2 Green A-Wings at Target clearanced to $9.98.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jedi Bebop:
Boy I tell ya, on the Westheimer side of things, it couldn't be more dead.
The only luck I've had lately is 2 Green A-Wings at Target clearanced to $9.98.
<font size="2" face="arial">That's not bad. I never saw those over here and it wasn't until the last two days that this side finally got some new figures. Target seems to be the place to hit right now. Happy hunting!

Reaction score
Hey Huff, I was just taking a look at your collection and noticed we both have the same Darth Vader photomosaic on our wall. Pretty funny.

Haven't found anything new yet.

Reaction score
did anyone else manage to get an order in at StarWarsShop.Com? cuz if you did they canned it but you will be getting some nice free parting gifts stop buy StarWarsShop.Com for the details

Reaction score
Originally posted by Starbasser:
Hey Huff, I was just taking a look at your collection and noticed we both have the same Darth Vader photomosaic on our wall. Pretty funny.

<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, I've had it for a while but never found a spot to hang it until recently. I hung it over the half circle window to help keep the light from getting into the room. I already have some vintage figures bubbles turning a little yellow since I've gotten them.

Have you found the Yavin wave or glasses yet?

Reaction score
Well my Target finally put out some new product. They put out 2 cases of the Jabba's Palace wave. Holo Luke, Lando SKiff, Bar2-D2, J'quille. Not much else. Although the Geonosis War Rooms & Jedi Council scenes were on clearance for $13.98. Might check your Target if you want those cheaper.

Reaction score
Found Yavin wave at lunch at Target at Westheimer and Wilcrest. Finally our side of town gets something. There was still a set after I left. Looks like they only got one case in.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Huff T:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Starbasser:

<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, I've had it for a while but never found a spot to hang it until recently. I hung it over the half circle window to help keep the light from getting into the room. I already have some vintage figures bubbles turning a little yellow since I've gotten them.

Have you found the Yavin wave or glasses yet?
</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">No, I haven't found anything lately. Gotta admit I haven't been hunting that hard either.

Reaction score
C'mon, guys! Where's all the posts? I just returned from a four day trip to Austin/San Antonio, and expected everyone to be jabbering about all of their hot finds that hit over the weekend! Don't tell me nobody got lucky...?

I didn't find anything abroad, but on my way out of town Thursday I found the Clonetrooper/Chewie/Luke Unleashed set at the Westheimer TRU and I found the Ultra repacks of Boba Fett and Obi Wan Kamino Confrontations at Baybrook Target...

Reaction score
Found the Jedi Counciel and the War Room Screen Scenes on Clearance at the Target at Wilcrest and Westheimer over the weekend. They were marked down to 13.98. I picked up the Jedi ones and left a couple of the others.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Starbasser:

<font size="2" face="arial">I have that one too!!! I also have the Yoda one too so I'm real special.
I love how they make those things it's so cool.

I haven't found a thing around this area lately.

Reaction score
Man I hope that post on the front page about the Yavin wave possibly being canceled isn't true! Sounds like we might be in for another Ree-Yees/Death Star Trooper episode.

Reaction score
Better late than never, but both the Almeda and Kemah Targets had the Ben and Maul figures with glasses yesterday afternoon. Nothing else new in the area.

GBU

Reaction score
Baybrook Target has again put out one Obi Wan and one Jango Fett Kamino Confrontation Ultra, along with 2 Jabbas and 2 denizens. I'm guessing that's the complete contents of the currently shipping Ultra cases.

Now if only I could find the last dozen or so action figures, starting with the Jabba's Palace wave. They've all been popping up sporadically in the Targets and WalMarts of the other large cities of Texas, just not here.

So what do you guys think about the Cantina K-Mart exclusive rumors? Do we even have any K-Marts around here anymore? All the ones I know of on the Southeast side have closed down...

Reaction score
Well both my local Walmarts put out the Yavin wave today. Not much else going on. My Target still doesn't have any of the glass sets. I need to see one before I decide to purchase. Anyway...that is about it.

And if Kmart gets that as an exclusive...I am screwed. I have not seen a Kmart in ages. At least one that was open.

G

Scored the Yavin wave at the Woodlands TRU at around 4:30 and they had a few figures left. I had pretty much written TRU off, but you never know what they might have so keep checking.

Reaction score
At long last- new figs! A mix of both Jabba's Palace and Yavin waves at Baybrook Target this morning! After I finished madly plucking figures from the pegs I left behind an Antilles, a Dodonna, a Hol-Luke, a Gold Leader, and a TIE Pilot.

Strangely, there was no J'Quille. Did one of you guys beat me to it...?

Reaction score
Sounds like you found Yavin wave only. Rappertunie, Holo Luke, Lando, are re-packed into the Yavin wave. But no J'Quille.

Reaction score
J'Quille is the only one of that wave that I haven't found. I picked up a second Tanus Spijek for a friend at the Fairmont Target yesterday and I thought it was the hard to find one.

GBU

Reaction score
Target at San Felipe had some of the glasses. They had Darth Maul and Obi-Wan from ANH. I didn't buy any, as I think that the cups are plastic. I was really hoping for glass. I don't know, I may still get a set.

Reaction score
This past week at the Target on Westheimer I found the Darth Maul & Obi-Wan Kenobi cup sets, as well as Dodonna, Dutch, TIE Fighter Pilot & Capt. Antillies.
And at the Dunvale Wal-Mart I picked up the last Obi-Wan & Jango Fett deluxe Kamino showdown figures.

Now I'm, seriously looking for the 3 Jabba's Palace aliens, J'Quille, Rappertunie & Tanus Spijek.

Reaction score
I just got back from vacation and I didn't see anything different than whats hitting here. I still haven't seen the HOF wave.

vdubbin2001, I didn't make it to the Wizard World Convention. I don't think the bust went on sale till Saturday and we had already left. I looked at tryng to go Friday but you had to buy a 3-day pass.

Reaction score
Well I finally found something new!!! I saw two Yoda's from the Clone Wars cartoon. I picked up one for me and one for my gf's son. I saw the cups at a couple Target the one in Copperfield, Jones Rd. & 1960 and the one of Veterans Memorial and 1960. I haven't picked them up to see if they are glass or plastic, but they do look plastic to me. The Walmart on Walters Rd. and 1960 had the Boba and Han unleased figures.

TRU at Willowbrook had a whole lot of nothin'

Walmart has the 20 anniversary Optimus Prime for 62 bucks about 8 cheaper than Target if you care.

I picked up Jedi Academy at Target on Jones Rd. for 20 bucks on clearance.

I've seen remnants of the Jabba Wave and the Hoth wave at Walmarts on this side.

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to pop in for a second to say Howdy to my Houston area Hombres

Not much going on around here.......Conroe Walmart did get in the Yavin wave.....and Conroe Target got a couple of the glasses in......must be two different assortments of those. I had high hopes for these glasses sets......but after I picked one up and looked at it it was clear to me that these are nothing more than plastic
I LOVE the art on them....as it resembles the vintage glasses....but PLASTIC?????

I may still snag them if they go on clearance......I darn sure am not flopping out $10 for them right now....

Anyhow, just wanted to say HOWDY......

Reaction score
I too was hoping that they'd be glass. I vaguely remember when Burger King had them for 99 cents. Waaaaaay back then...

Reaction score
Originally posted by Darth Dork:
I too was hoping that they'd be glass. I vaguely remember when Burger King had them for 99 cents. Waaaaaay back then...
<font size="2" face="arial">Hell ya man, I remember the BK oldschool promotion....

I've got a full set of ROTJ glasses,three of the ESB glasses (or maybe I completed my ESB set,can't remember) and I know I've got at least two of the Star Wars glasses.

The glasses hold a special place in my collection.......I've always loved oddball stuff like that.

Reaction score
Just reporting that I have found...jack squat. All places here in town have nothing new. Almost nothing new for any toy line. SLOW time of year I guess. Anyway...just FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.