Houston Area Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm not sure if there's another Texas post here. If not I'm going to start one.

I found the Shimi wave (9/28) at several Walmarts here in Houston. I haven't found the Vader wave yet. Altough, I heard someone found them at the Baybrook Kmart.

[ 04-01-2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Huff T ]

Reaction score
Beaumont Target had the new Vader wave as well as 4 B-wings. K-mart had the Han DS and Luke pilot that I hid. There is still no sign of the TIE Interceptor at TRU

Reaction score
I was just wondering where are all the Houston posting gone to! We used to have a pretty steady group what happend?

Anyway the the 2 new waves have been showing up on the n.w. side of Houston at Target on Hwy 6 and I'v seen the Interceptors at the TRU and Willowbrook once. I've yet to see more than on of those palm talkers (Fett) and I was wondering if anyone has any extra or could tell me where to find it. I would be willing to trade some new figures. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reaction score
Hello, If anyone is going to the Plano Convention, I would really appreciate some help. I'm trying to get an aurra sing figure autographed. A snapshot would be the icing on the cake. I missed her at the San Diego Comicon by just a few minutes. If anyone would be kind enough to help, you would be my hero, I can reimburse you and get you another aurra sing, trade, whatever. I think her auto was 5. PLEASE email me and let me know. Thanks

Reaction score
Not much to report. I haven't seen anything lately. I'll post when I do.

Bryan, I didn't forget you. I'll look to see if I have an extra MOTD. I think I do but I'll have to look.

G

The TRU on I-10, Bunker Hill exit had a bunch of Interceptors yesterday. Stacked to the roof, and they had all the new POTJ 12". The Target right after TRU headed back towards 6-10 had about 8 B-Wings.

Reaction score
From the little scouting I did this weekend in Beaumont, I saw TIE Interceptors at TRU
(a first I might add) and the remains of the Vader EW wave at Target as well as 3 B-wings.

G

Is this the yakface crew or what...good to see you guys again, Im back from boston

stormtr00per

Reaction score
What's up Storm? Any luck in Boston?

Not much going on around here.

The new packaging looks pretty good. I still like the vintage style better. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Did anybody catch the Walmart Grand Opening this morning on El Dorado and 45S?

I went after work and they had all palm talkers, some figs. (Kewtol wave) and the new 12". I was just wondering if they had anything good.

Reaction score
Not much out here on the nw side except the latest 2 waves which seem to be at most of the Targets on this side. I was just wondering about the palm talkers at Walmart because I thought only TRU had them-guess not. Is this the only Walmart that they have been seen at. I've been trying to find them and all I have came up with so far is the Boba Fett one.

Reaction score
At the Beaumont Target there were no B-wings. Instead I saw a Endor Luke with speederbike for $45. Also, I saw some shimi's and Obi-wan training.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the Palm Talkers at any place other than TRU and the new Super Walmart on 45- it would really be great if you've seen it on the nw side

Reaction score
I haven't seen them anywhere else. I'm sure as Christmas gets closer they'll be more abundant.

I found a lone Luke w/Bacta tank today at the Baybrook TRU. No Darth Mauls.

Reaction score
Just when I was about to give up seeing the palm talkers I found them today at a Super Walmart in Katy. No sign of the deluxe figures on the nw side yet but I'm making a run tomorrow to a few TRU

I got a chance to play the new rogue leader demo at TRU and it rocks-

Reaction score
Today at the TRU in Beaumont, I saw some new deluxe figs and two TIE Interceptors. They also had a Gamecube display. I can't wait until the 18th
K-mart had more EW Vader and Shimi wave as well as more deluxe figs.

G

Found a case of Tie Interceptors at the TRU next to Almeda mall off I-45 in Houston. They also had a couple of Bacta Tank Luke's.

New Walmart at El Dorado and 45 still had a few Palmtalkers, not much else...

Reaction score
I found a mint B-wing at Target for $9.94 today!!

Other than that not much to report. I've seen the Deluxe figs. at several different stores-TRU and K-mart.

Reaction score
This isn't toy related but I got my gamecube last night and Rogue Leader and it is unbelievable. I lucked out our Walmart had 72 and I was the 72nd!!!

Just wondering if the Luke speeder bikes on the sw side of Houston have been banged up. All the ones I have seen have been creased like crazy or dented.

Reaction score
I found both the deluxe figures at Kmart by Willowbrook Mall. Has anyone seen the Dewback and sandtrooper for 29.99?

Reaction score
Walmart on El Dorado got the 12" Luke w/Yoda.

Also, I snagged 4 Treasure Hunts from K-mart for a friend of mine. I'd like to see the HW scalpers faces when they see the opened boxes and no Treasure Hunts.

Reaction score
All I can find around Beaumontis the Obi-wan and Shimi wave. Even Wal-mart had them.

Reaction score
I found the new Yoda and Luke at the Walmart on Hwy 6 and 529. They had 4 left.

Reaction score
I found the FX-7 wave in the nederland wal-mart. All that was left was one of each.

Reaction score
Nice find Wampa. I went looking at Walmart yesterday and nothing here.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled today so all I've done is slept today.

If anyone finds some extras, hook me up.

Also, with the Amanaman and Leia. I'll pick up extras if I find'em.

Reaction score
Still no sign of the FX-7 wave or Amanaman here on the Southside of Houston. Has anybody else had any luck in Texas?

I did stumble across a yellow Daredevil that I might be willing to trade or something.

G

Hey BryanC, next time go a little further down 1960 and hit the Walmart at Walters Road, next to Hometown Cooking (or something like that)...I find that they usually have more that the SuperWalmart down the street. And they have palmtalkers, Luke w/bacta tank and Delux Maul, as well as The Queens decoy-Besin guard (i think) and others. Though the Luke/Yoda haven't shown up yet.

Reaction score
In the last 2 days I've hit every store from the Kirby area on south to Texas City and I haven't found a thing. Not even a hint of anything new.

The only thing I managed to find were $1 figures at one of the Walmarts. Which included Shimi, Jedi Obi Wan, and the Kewtol wave.

The Kirby TRU had 5 Tie Interceptors if anybody still needs one.

Reaction score
Beaumont Target had the Lando wave minus all of the R2-Q5s, 8 12" Speeder Bikes, and $15 bounty hunters and Death Star figures. TRU had around 50 Darth Mauls. No sign of FX-7 anywhere or the new deluxe figures.

Reaction score
I'm visiting from Los Angeles and am staying in Dallas for the next week. I'm definitely planning on doing some toy-hunting while in the south.

Today I found one Deluxe Leia at an Irving TRU (highway 183). The adjacent Target had the Lando wave, minus R2-Q5. But the Kmart nearby still had a few R2's hanging on the pegs. I also found a Walmart in Farmer's Branch (I-635) that had sevral 12" Luke & Yoda's available. Plus plenty of the Shmi wave.

Anyone found the FX-7 wave out here??? I think California is just getting these out there and I hope I don't miss the boat while I'm away.

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: CrunchyNug ]

Reaction score
No Problem Teras, just reporting what I see. Although, it figures the one day I don't go out there they get something new. They'll probably be gone by the time I get there tomorrow.

Crunchy, a friend of a friend went to Dallas last week and found the FX-7 wave at several Walmarts. Each seemed to only have gotten one case and I'm sure they're gone by now. Hopefully, the Walmarts will get refreshers soon.

The Baybrook Target had 3 R2 Q5's this morning.

Reaction score
Huff, thanks for the heads up on the Tie Interceptor at the Kirby TRU in Houston. I had been looking for one and was able to pick one up this morning along with the 2nd wave deluxe figures. There are still 3 Interceptors left and plenty of the new Leia and Amanaman Deluxe figures for $10.99 each.

Reaction score
I received the FX-7 Wave today in the mail from the Star Wars Fan Club (http://swfan.wizards.com) for $6.99 each. Make sure to login as a member for a discounted price per figure. I figured this is what I would have paid at retail anyway. The free shipping on orders of $30 or more is a great incentive and I received the figures in excellent condition.

G

If anyone can find the 12" Han wave (C-9) at the low target price of around 11 bucks please pick them up for me. I live in Galveston, but will gladly pick it up if in or near the Houston area. masanche@utmb.edu

Galveston WM- had the new fleet trooper wave now gone <--i didn't get any of them by the way. 1 palm talker left and the ketwol wave remnants.
Baybrook Target- Luke 12" speeder bike 27.50 (boxes have shelfware), Shmi wave (no wrath vader) at 4.50.
El Dorado Super Walmart- deluxe maul and luke bacta, 12" Han wave.

stormtr00per out.

Reaction score
Beaumont Target hd coll 1 for $4, but the coll 2 were at regular price. There were no bounty hunters and the 12" speeder bike was on sale for $20-something. TRU and K-mart had the regular crap. My biggest suprise was at wal-mart, where I saw 40 deluxe lukes and Darth Mauls!

Reaction score
Almeda TRU had the Amanaman wave yesterday. Hit a few Walmarts today. Nothing new. I found the Lando wave at one of them including 3 R2Q5's. They were $3 each. I left a R2Q5 and the rest of the wave is still there. It was at the Alvin Walmart.

I have yet to see the FX-7 wave or the Eoth Koth wave anywhere.

Reaction score
Saw the new deluxe pack at the TRU at Willowbrook this afternoon. There was several of each when I left at about 6.

Reaction score
Today at lunch, I stopped by the Fairmont Walmart and found one of each of the 25th anniversary 2-packs. (minus the obi/vader).

I can't believe it's already been 25 years since I tore open my palstic cape Jawa and other 12 backs. Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.