House of The Dragon

GNT

Reaction score
HBO has unveiled official images for upcoming Game Of Thrones spinoff and prequel House of the Dragon. The show is being created by George R. R. Martin and Ryan Condal and is based on Martin’s Fire & Blood, a history of Westeros and the Targaryens.

The upcoming fantasy epic takes place 300 years prior to the events of Game of Thrones and is set to air its first 10-episode season in 2022.

Pictures up here

Anyone looking forward to this show?

Reaction score
I don't generally like Prequals but with this being several hundred years prior to GOT it probably won't affect anything crucial. I figured HBO would want to go back and mine this world since they don't currently have anything that even comes close to the subscriber numbers they has during GOT.

Looks to be interesting and can only hope it's as good if not better that the original, or shall I say sequel.

Reaction score
GOT was such an epic masterpiece that I'm not sure I want to see a prequel; there's no way it will be nearly as good as the original show. That being said, I'll probably check it out anyway - at least the first episode.

GNT

Reaction score
House of the Dragon has aired, what’s everyone’s thoughts on it?

Reaction score
I'll be waiting until it's finished so I can binge it. While I expect more modern BS to be pushed in it like every other show does, the trailers have all looked pretty good. GOT was an epic piece of story telling and catching lightning in a bottle twice rarely works out so i don't expect it to be quite as good but who knows. As long as you stay true to the source material it should feel genuine.

Reaction score
Great show so far, really enjoying it. The new Lord of The Rings, not so much. I could not make it more than half way through the first episode, not only having the super woman who can do everything better as the lead character, but zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Reaction score
Like the show so far, pacing wise it’s Different than GOT but that’s not a bad thing. It is strange how much smaller King’s Landing looks

Reaction score
I'm digging it! I had to look up the Family trees to see how far back this was and what came in between. BTW there's some massive spoilers in those family trees. Don't do it!

Reaction score
Think about his name ,the same as "demon"! but he can sure fight a small army well! but yes, very conniving and selfish! Notice the tree, it's pretty healthy and seems to reflect the atmosphere of the kingdom. I noticed it from the beginning.

Reaction score
Think about his name ,the same as "demon"! but he can sure fight a small army well! but yes, very conniving and selfish! Notice the tree, it's pretty healthy and seems to reflect the atmosphere of the kingdom. I noticed it from the beginning.
Without his armor Matt smith is so freakin skinny

Reaction score
Uh-oh! but in the story he sure is fast at slaughtering the enemy! I wonder what would have happened if he had a light saber?

GNT

Reaction score
How does everyone feel about the time jump in the recent episode and the re-castings? I know this series will see a few time jumps but I'm not liking the new Rhaenyra at all, she doesn't feel the same as her younger self at all.

Reaction score
if Targaryens are immune to fire, then how does Laena commit suicide-by-dragon? she should be immune. just saying.

Reaction score
How does everyone feel about the time jump in the recent episode and the re-castings? I know this series will see a few time jumps but I'm not liking the new Rhaenyra at all, she doesn't feel the same as her younger self at all.

Pleasantly surprised. However, there does seem to be a major shift in character for Rhaenyra, but I guess the same could be said for Alicent, she definitely no longer is a little mouse.
I was kind of dreading not connecting at all to all the new older versions of these characters, but I think it all played out well. They are mostly cast well to look like their younger selves.

Reaction score
She's not a Targaryan.
yeah she is a Targaryan.... but as it turns out, Targaryans are NOT immune to fire. (who knew?)

I guess that was something the TV Guys invented, so they could film scenes with Emilia Clarke naked (?) -- after all, the TV show went ahead of the books, because those books had not yet been written -- the TV Guys continued the story beyond what had been written by Martin.

they came up with the idea of 'Dany's Fire Immunity' all on their own. and for their own reasons.

...this sequence contradicts some of the mythology that has been set down in the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. The author has dismissed the idea that Daenerys cannot be harmed by fire in the past. “TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE!,” he said during a discussion with fans.

....this could mean one of two things. Either G.o.T. is purposely diverging from the rules of the ASOIAF universe for some yet unknown reason or — since Dany’s show storyline is farther along than it is in the books — the scene will play out the same way with Martin providing further detail about the Khaleesi’s fiery powers.

so yeah. I dunno. did the guy EVER finish writing those books? :p LOL

according to Martin, Targaryan "Fire Immunity" is NOT a thing. (who knew?)

Last edited:
Reaction score
yeah she is a Targaryan.... but as it turns out, Targaryans are NOT immune to fire. (who knew?)

I guess that was something the TV Guys invented, so they could film scenes with Emilia Clarke naked (?) -- after all, the TV show went ahead of the books, because those books had not yet been written -- the TV Guys continued the story beyond what had been written by Martin.

they came up with the idea of 'Dany's Fire Immunity' all on their own. and for their own reasons.

Ok then, HALF a Targaryen.

Reaction score
Sat through #6 earlier and, no... this is the most boring show I ever saw. I just can't finish through any episode without falling asleep. I can't believe that HBO already gave green light for second season right after the first episode
I get the concept of a time jump, but simply switching the actors for the two mains chicks while everybody else stays the same, just aged via mask ?? soooo bad, reminds of of the trashy catastrophe what the Killer Tomatoes movie was.
Don't get me wrong, I don't know any GoT books and I actually liked the original show, but this, nope, guess I quit on it. I much prefer LOTR:ROP instead.

I am glad for everyone who likes it, but it just not fits my shelves

Reaction score
I feel no connection with any of the characters from House of the Dragon, and I liked the Game of Thrones series (except for the 8th season which I felt was rushed). I'll keep watching it, but for now the show doesn't do much for me.

Reaction score
I'm watching it to try to find out about the background of the "future" show .This series is very dark-all the time, the dragons seem a "little starved" or they changed the design of them, sort of thin looking. Am I having hearing problems? it's hard to understand everything said. I'm watching it despite any problems because I am interested and there's nothing else on!

Reaction score
Kudos to HBO for the courage to use real dragons this time instead of the CGI dragons they used last time.

GNT

Reaction score
LOL, the CGI is so bad on them it's laughable at times but the dragon chase towards the end makes up for it a little.