HotToys Luke Skywalker TLJ Crait

Reaction score
Lets hope this is not a proto only figure that will never see release. Pretty confident for a PO though as it is Luke Skywalker and not Baze Malbus or a mere Death Star trooper :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I'm not surprised this piece is being made. It's an important version of Luke Skywalker. I will likely cave and preorder it.

Reaction score
Sigh.....Last Jedi......to be avoided forever.

Excuse my unnecessary grumbling......please disregard!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Damn...

... Just when I thought I couldn't be tempted.

Reaction score
Hot Toys have uploaded images of this on their Facebook page. I imagine pre-sale will be later today / tomorrow?

Reaction score
This looks terrible! I laughed out loud when I saw it. Who is this strange character? Chuck Norris? Disney has actually helped me to save money as they put out such horrible movies with characters that I will never purchase. Again, to each his own but you can try all you want but this is not Luke. Don't fool yourself.

Reaction score
This looks terrible! I laughed out loud when I saw it. Who is this strange character? Chuck Norris? Disney has actually helped me to save money as they put out such horrible movies with characters that I will never purchase. Again, to each his own but you can try all you want but this is not Luke. Don't fool yourself.
Agree but I'm SW OT only anyway. I would like to find out how the sales go on this one.

Reaction score
I can't wait to get this one. I have zero complaints outside of Hot Toys still being completely incapable of getting the lightsaber right.

I also adore the look. Fabulous design for a Jedi Master.

Reaction score
It looks nothing at all like Luke. Not even close.

Reaction score
Certainly not the best sculpt but a great figure nonetheless. I'm up for one. Will be great to pose him along (Crait) Leia to complete the circle.

Reaction score
I already have too many 1:6 figures, but I really like this one. I like the photo where his hood is up, and would prbably display him similarly, but that brushing off the shoulder is gold.

Reaction score
Funny how we all see this differently. I did this with the Premium format Luke/Yoda. Kept telling myself it looked great and then one day it hit me that it was as bad as it gets. Hot Toys is still great but just missed it here.

Reaction score
I’ll eventually get his, but I won’t preorder. I’ll wait until he’s actually available and shipping. Preordering, in this never-ending, unpredictable shipping climate, gets me into financial trouble every time. This piece is slated to ship during fourth quarter of 2019. That means it’ll likely ship in April!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I’ll eventually get his, but I won’t preorder. I’ll wait until he’s actually available and shipping. Preordering, in this never-ending, unpredictable shipping climate, gets me into financial trouble every time. This piece is slated to ship during fourth quarter of 2019. That means it’ll likely ship in April!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just do flex pay. You know what you're being charged and when, and if an item comes in stock earlier than expected, Sideshow gives you the option to pay the remaining in one payment. It's great.

Reaction score
I already have hermit Luke on pre-order, but also really like this "Skywalker the Legend/Symbol" version.

I'm having trouble justifying two figures from the same movie (my initial plan was Kylo, Luke and Rey each from different films).

I'd appreciate a little help deciding between the two, if you're up for it.

Reaction score
If you DO have to choose between Ach'to Luke and Crait Luke, there is one question you should ask yourself. Am i going for the likeness or the character?

To me, likeness wise, Ach'to Luke is way ahead but when it comes to symbolism, Crait Luke is more representative.

Reaction score
The likeness on this figure is more like a de-aged Luke which is what they attempted to do in the movie. It's more representative than the promo-photo. I like it as an in-between Luke as you can imagine he wore this costume and looked like that at some point before he disappeared.

I do think Hot Toys "HDRed" the likeness a bit too much but it looks more like Hamill than the TFA Jedi Master Luke they did. That's one I hope gets a do-over for a few reasons.

Reaction score
The likeness on this figure is more like a de-aged Luke which is what they attempted to do in the movie. It's more representative than the promo-photo. I like it as an in-between Luke as you can imagine he wore this costume and looked like that at some point before he disappeared.
Gah! This is the whole reason I'm keen on it even though I think Exile Luke's likeness is more on point.

Reaction score
I'd appreciate a little help deciding between the two, if you're up for it.
I was in the same predicament. I own TFA Luke, and I had hermit Luke on pre-order; but, alas, my wallet can't support everything that I want. So, I decided to cancel hermit Luke when images of Crait Luke leaked.

Luke, as seen from the end of the film, embodies a more iconic version of the character: a Jedi Master displaying amazing Force abilities while embracing the core Jedi values (a Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense - never for attack).

And I'm not worried about the likeness issue yet. Like collecting Figuarts: just wait for the in-hand version; promotional pics can often be their own thing.

Reaction score
Luke, as seen from the end of the film, embodies a more iconic version of the character: a Jedi Master displaying amazing Force abilities while embracing the core Jedi values (a Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense - never for attack).

And I'm not worried about the likeness issue yet. Like collecting Figuarts: just wait for the in-hand version; promotional pics can often be their own thing.
Completely agree. Luke's actions at the end were the embodiment of Jedi ideals and a bad-*** act of power intent on saving what was left of the resistance and inspiring the galaxy. It seems like some wanted a more overt display of Force power and a lightsaber battle but we got tons of that in the movies already. It was a unique and well-considered decision for that character that worked well with everything that had already been said and done in the saga. This is also a great look for him. Great costume that marries together a lot of elements.

I also expect the likeness to improve (though I don't think it's bad by any stretch--TFA Luke is worse. Jeff Bridges, anybody?). Hot Toys has a track record of that.

Reaction score
I like to imagine that this is how Hamill would have looked as Luke if they had done a sequel trilogy in the late 1990s when all of the main cast was younger and healthier looking. I didn't hesitate in pre-ordering this figure, but I hope they tweak the likeness a bit for the finished version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just got the e-mail that he's charging next week. Looks like these'll start arriving in the next few weeks. After this, I just need Bespin Leia to ship, and my pre-orders are all filled up.

Reaction score
Shipping notice came earlier today. Should arrive sometime next week.

Reaction score
So, what are your impressions? Mine shouldn't be here for another month or so.

Reaction score
I got mine the other day and I think he turned out great! I wasn't really sold on the sculpt 100% from most of the pics I've seen of him, but in hand it's just as good as backpack Luke's. A lot of pics of his face seem a little washed out, so you can't really see all the detail. He does seem somewhat short of accessories compared to backpack Luke, but I can't really think of what else they would have given him. He does come with a butt ton of hands though. The tiny metal dice from the Falcon are awesome! I'll post some pics once the photo gallery is back on line.