Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol - Battlepack

Reaction score
Re: 2008 Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol Battlepack

I see this set everywhere, myself, with several lying around on most shelves. It's not bad, but it doesn't thrill me for some reason. I might pick up one eventually to add some variety to a hoth display...would help if we got some decent rebel troopers first!

Reaction score

w00t, I got one! I'm really pleased with them.

Reaction score

fishstalker said:
You need to snap the little flaps in space on the back, if you do that, you shouldn't need anything to prop them up, at least that's how the old ones were

Reaction score

Finally found one, and I love it. Box was crushed up, but the figures were fine, and I am an opener. I wish they had kamas, but otherwise, they are great.

Reaction score

Everyone is compalining about the shoulders, but at such high speeds on an ice planet, I give it the benefit of the doubt that they would need even more padding, especially around the legs, neck, and shoulders. So, there we go

Reaction score

Yeah, it sort of makes sense to have larger armor padding on you on an ice planet. They don't look "off" to me at all. I'm super pleased with these guys. The only downside is the Galactic Republic spoke on the side of the bikes, instead of the Imperial one. Guess they might be phased into my snow clones.

So, what shoulder pad versions does everyone have? There's R1 R2 L1 and L2. One of mine is an R1 and L2, and the other is R2 L2...doesn't look like there's a difference, but I wonder why there's two of each part...

Reaction score

what part of they were working out/exercising don't you understand??

Reaction score

CantThinkOfAName said:
So, what shoulder pad versions does everyone have? There's R1 R2 L1 and L2. One of mine is an R1 and L2, and the other is R2 L2...doesn't look like there's a difference, but I wonder why there's two of each part...
Two different molds. They are numbered different so that they can easily tell which mold a peice came from if there is a problem.

Anyway, I picked up 4 sets this weekend. I really like the figures after putting Keller's cloak on them. If you look closely at the back of the belt, you'll see where it is glued together. I removed the belt, put the cloak on, trimmed the inside of the belt down, and put it back on the outside of the cloak. I don't have pics yet, but the cloak covers the hideous shoulders and looks cool as well.

Reaction score

Picked up this pack today. Nothing in terms of new single packs so this will tide me over.

Pretty good for what it is, but it does have its flaws.

Ho hum.

Reaction score

A friend of mine and myself split this, he took one and I took one and it was about 10.50 apiece. Worked out well!!

GNT

Reaction score
I've seen this a few times but have passed, for those that bought it is it any good?

Reaction score
It hasn't come in here yet, but I am looking forward to this. A couple of new, interesting cold weather type troopers and a couple of speeder bikes is nice. I might get a second set if I like it enough.

Reaction score
Thing is, the idea's cool.. but the execution of the figures ISN'T.

The problem is that they're Franken-bashes of VTAC Snowies & VTSC Scouts, & the parts don't mesh seemlessly which makes them look funny. I saw the pack today, & while the bikes are nice enough, the figures don't work for me. I have no problems passing on something like this set.

Reaction score

I picked up another one of these today. I noticed there is a minor packaging variation. For those who care, the "snow mound" on the left is now a separate facade giving the set a more 3-D look. As a result of the change, the background art with the AT-AT and the plastic trays holding the speeders have been modified/shifted. The bottom of the box now has snow art on it. The speeders have a little more weathering to them, and the Scouts no longer have their feet tucked under the bikes' fuselages.

Reaction score

Lone_Jedi said:
I picked up another one of these today. I noticed there is a minor packaging variation. For those who care, the "snow mound" on the left is now a separate facade giving the set a more 3-D look. As a result of the change, the background art with the AT-AT and the plastic trays holding the speeders have been modified/shifted. The bottom of the box now has snow art on it. The speeders have a little more weathering to them, and the Scouts no longer have their feet tucked under the bikes' fuselages.
Is this another one of your Umbrella conspiracies??

Reaction score

Just grabbed this set.. Cool looking toys, but the bikers right hand not fitting is annoying. I figure Ill grab one more of the loose figures off tunghori for the ATAT bike, and call it a day on these.

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread. Just wondering though, does someone happen to have two of these Biker Scouts extra they don't mind trading?