Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol - Battlepack

Reaction score
Re: 2008 Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol Battlepack

does anyone have a picture of them loose?

Reaction score

These are flying off the shelves around here. I was only able to find one, I liked the looks of it. But I think if I open it...most of it's appeal will diminish.

Reaction score

Where are these things? Normally I don't have trouble finding a battlepack.

Reaction score

They are hard to find at the moment, got mine at the big red bullseye. Beleive they only come one per case, and for $20 they are a steal.

Reaction score

Y2Bogus said:
Where are these things? Normally I don't have trouble finding a battlepack.
I found mine at Wal-Mart (it was the last one they had).

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
not only is it EU but the whole concept of using speeder bikes on hoth is ludicrous. If the snow speeders were having trouble adapting to the cold weather, how are we supposed to believe that these speeders had no problem? also, what about the speed that these things go? the scouts arent going to be blinded by ice forming on their visors which will prohibit them from seeing?

[/QUOTE]

And to think that on our own primitive planet we're able to hop on snowmobiles and travel at 60+ miles an hour without blinded visors and freezing sleds.

I can't imagine in a world with Hyperspace and lightsabers they'd EVER be able to come up with a system that would allow Speeder Bikes and Bikers in the snow.

Reaction score

FlorenceBeach said:
btw, lucas came up with the death star, hasbro came up with the speeders on hoth. major difference if you arent too ingnorant to figure it out.
The speeders and snow scouts actually come from the incredible cross sections book, a book that serves the purpose of providing cool looking cutaways of vehicles we all know and love right out of the movies. I wouldn't even consider it EU as it doesn't have it's own story, it merely extrapolates from what we've seen onscreen. But your "mind" is made up, so please continue to incessantly flap your yap in a thread about a product that you've already said you will not purchase.

This set is awesome and a great buy, a rarity from Hasbro these days.

Reaction score

I still haven't seen these yet. I want them though!

Reaction score

RogueWompRat said:
FlorenceBeach said:
btw, lucas came up with the death star, hasbro came up with the speeders on hoth. major difference if you arent too ingnorant to figure it out.
The speeders and snow scouts actually come from the incredible cross sections book,
Kind of.

I would say more "inspired by" since they use almost all the opposite parts.

Reaction score

While I was really interested in this set, and still am to some degree, Hasbro should have reworked the proportions of the Hoth Scout Trooper.
They should have used removable helmets on them utilizing the bigger helmet from the Attack of the Shield Generator set.
This way the helmet and the shoulders would look a lot more in proportion.

Reaction score

Picked up this set and I have to say despite its flaws this is a really great set and one of my personal favourite battle packs Hasbros has ever released.

I have always liked the idea of Speeder Bikes on Hoth so I was always going to jump at this set when I saw it. The Hoth Scout Troopers are a nice combo of both Vintage Scout and Snow Troopers. This does tend to make his shoulders a look bit big for his body when not on the Bike.

The bikes are great but I do wish Hasbro would use the corrected Handle Bar version more often and the mistake of the Republic Symbol instead of the Imperial is a bit of a annoying screw up.

But I can forgive all that as it is a really cool and fun set. Well worth the price.

Reaction score

Well I finally saw this set at the local comic scalper shop for 45 bucks. Needless to say I didn't buy it, but I was able to take a close look at it.

The figures are kinda bleh. Disproportioned with the heads/shoulders. It probably would have been better for them to use regular VTAC Snowtroopers with the speeders instead of this mishmash kitbash.

I'll probably still be getting this set if I ever see it retail, but it's not something I'll be hunting for or paying 45 bones for.

Reaction score

I bought one of these in Woolworths today. I'm in the UK so I was surprised to see them over here so soon. (£21.99 = ouch!)

I like this set very much but I wish they had (a) redesigned the handlebars and (b) given the biker a snowtrooper-style chest plate.

But it's a cool variation for the biker and I like it.

Reaction score

Sorry if this has already been posted, but this is now up on Wal-Mart.com and free Site-to-Store shipping is available.

Reaction score

I finally got this set. I'm liking the figures and the bikes are ok.

Can someone show me how to mount these bikes in the Republic Gunship?

Reaction score

Y2Bogus said:
I finally got this set. I'm liking the figures and the bikes are ok.

Can someone show me how to mount these bikes in the Republic Gunship?
I don't think you can because the parts are glued togeather.

The other bike that came with the deluxe clone back in 2002 could be taken apart and it does fit in the back of the gunship.

Reaction score

M_Kunst said:
That little snippet there is Nobel Prize winning literature compared to some of the things that have been spun out of EU.
Ha ha ha!

I'm not buying these, but they are about as good as EU good can get. That is, something you don't see on screen that very well could have been. Unlike the rest of the EU which is mostly just dross that takes up valuable shelf space in the SF section of the book store.

Reaction score
I purchased the last Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol Battlepack at the Times Square, NYC ToysRUs today. All in all, it's a nice set IMHO, there are no surprises here, as we've known from promo images that we're getting a kitbashed Biker Scout and Snowtrooper SA figure with the old vintage Speeder Bike.

Here are some images:

I find the shoulders are a little wide, and the ball joint is oddly exposed, but you can still get the figure in great action poses. The color of the suit matches the VOTC Snowtrooper, so they look great together. The wide stance of the figure makes it easy to straddle the Speeder Bike.

Below are images of the Speeder Bike. As in the past, the t-bar is spring loaded, and the underside of the vehicle has a 1995 Tonka copyright. The legs are reverse sprung, so they are designed to stay up, as opposed to dropping down when the Speeder Bike is lifted off it's legs. As someone else mentioned, the back of the bike is held down with a metal weight. The exploding "action feature" is gone, which doesn't bother me. I like the off-white color, and airbrushed streaks, although the silver "scratches" looks sloppy with visible brushmarks.

If the incorrect handle bars really bother you, then simply dust off your modeling skills and glue/pin a new set of horizontal grips made out of plastic rod. Why wait for Hasbro to do it when you can fix this so easily?
Nothing fancy here, since it will be covered up by the hands anyway.

As a Snowtrooper and Battle of Hoth fan, I think this is a great set, and a Exapnded Universe inspired toy that actually makes sense for once. Paint and plastic quality is good, and there's a pair of Biker Scout pistols and Snowtrooper blasters as well.

Hope everyone enjoyed the pictures!

For reference, the published source material:

BOBBY

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. I now am glad I passed on this set. What a ridiculous looking trooper! He looks like a POTF2!

Reaction score
I have had two of these on order from HTS since 26 July and they still haven't shipped
And I have passed up on at least 6 of them in stores while traveling recently, thinking they would ship any day

Reaction score

I want one so badly. This is a great set, I really like the Snow Scouts! Still have to wait it out...

Reaction score

I think the figure looks great on the bike but terrible alone. The shoulders look way too big...

I agree that it looks POTF2ish

Reaction score

High tech thin cold weather underwear or not...that helmet would be FREEZING COLD!! What were they thinking!..? They made the Titanium mini Hoth Speeders with Hoth Snowtrooper helmets, why not this. That is a breathable/vented jungle helmet, oh well it must be nano technology...

Reaction score

I picked a loose one off Ebay for quite cheap and got it in. It's a marvellous figure and I will be army building these. I'm curious to see what these guys would look like with the Keller poncho on, too. But for now, here's a shot.

Reaction score

Decadentia said:
I picked a loose one off Ebay for quite cheap and got it in. It's a marvellous figure and I will be army building these. I'm curious to see what these guys would look like with the Keller poncho on, too. But for now, here's a shot.

How much was he?

Reaction score

This is definitely a cool battle pack but I would only get one. I'll probably keep it boxed becasue it looks nice with the snow background.

Reaction score

I won it for $ 3,91. I love the figures, but the bikes are uneventful... That'd stop me from paying full price for the battlepack.

Reaction score

I thought about getting the figs only on ebay, but after shipping, even for 4 bones, it brings the figure close enough to the price of half the battlepack, so I wouldn't save anything substantial. I like the bikes, they ain't bad.

I wish I could figure out how to get them into the Republic Gunship. For anyone wondering, the front of the bikes do come off. There's a very weak glue holding them in place. Almost like rubber cement.

Reaction score

Yeah, but remember, we don't get Battlepacks in the <s>Netherworld</s> Netherlands, so I'd have to buy one at a Sci Fi shop dealer which would set me back 30 euros, i.e. 45 dollars. Getting one of these guys for 4 dollars was a steal, compared to that.

Reaction score

got mine. The shoulders suck, this could have been so much better :-/

Reaction score

Still haven't picked this one up yet, I'd like to. Although I am hearing some bad things about it...

Reaction score

Me likey this set, wish I could get ten more.

Reaction score

hey, in defense of my guys, there wasn't much to do on hoth except for working out. A lotta hot chicks on Endor they were waitin to meet.

Reaction score

I know this isn't the custom forum, but I had an extra Commander Keller cloak lying around, so I thought about adding it to the biker scout.

I like the set no matter what, but wish they would have corrected the handle bars.