Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol - Battlepack

Reaction score
Re: 2008 Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol Battlepack

Ok thanks gonna need a pack to build a imperial army with.

Reaction score

This is another example of a lazy, quick way to make money. Come on, this is as bad as a purple dengar! Why would there be speeder bikes in artic like weather? That doesn't even make sense!

Reaction score

A frontal attack ground assault like on Hoth needs all the weapons you can get, speeders would come in handy.

Reaction score

I still havent opened mine. Im just impressed with the packaging so much. I think that ill open tonight and post pics for those who care.

Reaction score

"Why would there be speeder bikes in artic like weather? That doesn't even make sense!"

That's like saying, "Why does the rescue team have snow mobiles when they can just break out the sled dogs!"

Seriously, Imperial Walkers and Scout Walkers aren't that fast. You see a grouping of X-wing Starfighters that troopers and Snowspeeder pilots are rushing off to. They're out of firing range, you're Walker's just aren't fast enough to get there.

Deploy your cold weathered speeder bikes to wisk over and try to kill as many rebels as you can or delay them until they're in the Walker's firing range.

Come on people, use your imaginations for a change!!

Reaction score

I agree. I like the fact that there making some old school stuff that is EU. But thats fine. The paint deco is pretty cool. You have to realize that most collectors are very cut and dry and that most people dont have an imagination. Most people like it but we only hear the complainers.

Reaction score

The only thing I don't like about this battle pack is that the bikes have the Republic logo on them instead of the Imperial. The funny thing is that it's only on one side of the bike (the left side that is facing out of the package).
Other than that it's a great set to me...so what if it is made up.

Reaction score

Alright heres a few pics of the Speeder Bike and Biker Scout.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/Shockwave118/Star%20Wars/100_2165.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/Shockwave118/Star%20Wars/100_2166.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/Shockwave118/Star%20Wars/100_2167.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/Shockwave118/Star%20Wars/100_2168.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/Shockwave118/Star%20Wars/100_2169.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm319/Shockwave118/Star%20Wars/100_2170.jpg

OK. so after opening it here are a few things that I will add. The Biker Scout fits great on the Bike except for the right hand. The rigt hand will not hold the steering lever. Seems as if they made that hand smaller to hold the blasters. The fingers will not go around the lever. The Biker Scouts shoulder are huge. And the Galactic Logo instead of the Imperial. Other than those 3, this thing is great. I am planning on buying one more set. The weight in the back make this bike stay level all of the time. Thats also great as well. So thats my mini review I guess. Thanks

Reaction score

Hmm, on the second last pic, it looks like he might be in need of a change of underwear.

Reaction score

Maybe if we break the speeder bike mold like we did with the vintage falcon, we'll get a new one...

Reaction score

Tontus314 said:
Hmm, on the second last pic, it looks like he might be in need of a change of underwear.
Yeah, he saw the Battle Rancor..LOL

Reaction score

I'm really torn on this set. I like it quite a bit but inflation and having a kid has forced me to cut back my collecting a bit this year. I'm still able to buy most of the new stuff coming out but sets like this that are just repacks with new paint jobs are more of a luxery than must haves for me now. Hasbro seems to make it harder to remain a completist every year.

Reaction score

So it's the same repack w/different coloring just like the black speeder bike 2-pk from last year?

Reaction score

nagauthier said:
I'm really torn on this set. I like it quite a bit but inflation and having a kid has forced me to cut back my collecting a bit this year. I'm still able to buy most of the new stuff coming out but sets like this that are just repacks with new paint jobs are more of a luxery than must haves for me now. Hasbro seems to make it harder to remain a completist every year.
I used to be a completist. Then came 4 kids and now I basically get any New figure that has not been released before and things that I really like. I spent a good portion just buying the BMF and am having to wait a month on the AT-TE. But I couldnt pass this one up. It looked really great in the photos and even better in person.

Reaction score

Yeah, it was really hard for me to leave this one on the shelf when I saw it. I may yet cave in, but for now I'm sticking to my cut backs.

Reaction score

I agree, It looks great in person, but like Naugauthier, I passed. G.I. Joe is hitting hard right now and I still need to pick up Legacy CW wave and a CW R2. Only seen this at Target so far. (Super Target in Roswell, GA).

Reaction score

Loved the concept of this BP and I'm committed to getting it, but I absolutely loathe the ugliness of Hasbro's kitbashing with the shoulders - how did that ever get approved? That's just lazy and hideous.

That said, everything else about these guys is cool enough for me to buy it and simply take a big sharp nice to those arms to fix them. I don't mind simply gluing them back on once I have cut a chunk out of the ball joint and leaving them as preposed riders with their arms permanently outstretched. I buy for display anyways, not playing, so as long as they look good on their bikes, I'm happy.

Reaction score

Is the hoth snowspeeder in the movie?

Reaction score

i don't remember seeing it in the originals. i'm cutting way back this year, and the bmf took up most of the budget. this one didn't make the cut.

Reaction score

not only is it EU but the whole concept of using speeder bikes on hoth is ludicrous. If the snow speeders were having trouble adapting to the cold weather, how are we supposed to believe that these speeders had no problem? also, what about the speed that these things go? the scouts arent going to be blinded by ice forming on their visors which will prohibit them from seeing?

Reaction score

I may have to try setting mine up again. When I originally did the legs seemed too soft and they just drooped over.

Reaction score

FlorenceBeach said:
not only is it EU but the whole concept of using speeder bikes on hoth is ludicrous. If the snow speeders were having trouble adapting to the cold weather, how are we supposed to believe that these speeders had no problem? also, what about the speed that these things go? the scouts arent going to be blinded by ice forming on their visors which will prohibit them from seeing?
Stop! You are making too much sense.

Although I will assume that the Empire's vast resources allow them to better equip and adapt their vehicles and uniforms than the Rebels. Even then, who would be stupid enough to fly around a frozen planet on the equivalent of a motorcycle?

Reaction score

FlorenceBeach said:
It's called imagination.

I believe it is entirely possible given that the Empire has vast amounts of resources, including engineers and finances, that would definately lead their ability to develop vehicles and armament that can be used in any environment. They would have to, if they want their stronghold present around the galaxy. Don't forget that the Rebellion was proportionally just a small band of resistance fighters and it would make sense that they would have more difficulties adapting their vehicles, weapons, etc to the various environments since they would have significantly less resources than the Empire.

Reaction score

Its also science fiction and fantasy in a futuristic setting with technology thats never explained in-movie. You just watch and believe it.

Maybe the helmet visors have ant-ice coating or heaters. Who cares. In a universe of animal head aliens and chirping droids that "talk" to others, if someone's gonna split hairs on the practicality of speeder bikes in cold weather environments, they miss the whole point. Theres a slew of other things to nit pick about star wars if your intention is to strip away all the fun and imagination of it.

Reaction score

From the Box Ladies:

The Rebels establish Echo Base on the cold and inhospitable planet of Hoth. When an Imperial probe droid locates the base, Darth Vader's Death Squadron arrives with AT-AT walkers, snowtroopers and scout troopers, who pour over the icy landscape to attack the valiant Rebels. As large weapons blast the base, scout troopers provide mobile reinforcements for the invading stormtroopers.

Scout Troopers: Scout troopers wear special armor designed for the cold climate. They patrol the area on speeder bikes to keep track of Rebels' movements.

Thats their explanation for them, so quite crying!

Reaction score

Shockwave_Ops said:
From the Box Ladies:

The Rebels establish Echo Base on the cold and inhospitable planet of Hoth. When an Imperial probe droid locates the base, Darth Vader's Death Squadron arrives with AT-AT walkers, snowtroopers and scout troopers, who pour over the icy landscape to attack the valiant Rebels. As large weapons blast the base, scout troopers provide mobile reinforcements for the invading stormtroopers.

Scout Troopers: Scout troopers wear special armor designed for the cold climate. They patrol the area on speeder bikes to keep track of Rebels' movements.

Thats their explanation for them, so quite crying!
EU trash!

Reaction score

That little snippet there is Nobel Prize winning literature compared to some of the things that have been spun out of EU.

Reaction score

As I am sure was mentioned pages ago, the concept for this pack is borne out of the illustration of the cutaway AT-AT in the Incredible Crossections book. It shows a bunch of white speederbikes stowed in the back of the walker and, from memory, one deployed and zooming away (it's been a while since I looked at that book).

Reaction score

ReverendStrone said:
As I am sure was mentioned pages ago, the concept for this pack is borne out of the illustration of the cutaway AT-AT in the Incredible Crossections book. It shows a bunch of white speederbikes stowed in the back of the walker and, from memory, one deployed and zooming away (it's been a while since I looked at that book).
Ill have to check that out. I think that ive passed that book up a few times now.

Reaction score

The picts shockwave ops showed dose the pack some justice.

Reaction score

CdtWeasel said:
I may have to try setting mine up again. When I originally did the legs seemed too soft and they just drooped over.
Mine did that at first as well. Then I noticed the legs were not attached to the flaps in the back. There is an arm that comes up through the engine area with a pin on it and that pin attaches to the back of the flaps (you'll see it when you look). Once those are attached the bike stands up just fine.

Reaction score

FlorenceBeach said:
pfft.. I know what you're saying, next thing you know, they'll try to shove something down our throats like some big planet sized space station with a HUGE "laser beam" that can destroy planets... I swear, what are these people trying to do to us...

Reaction score

Bought another one today! C'mon Hasbro bring on the "big planet sized space station with a HUGE "laser beam" that can destroy planets". Im waiting.

Reaction score

M_Kunst said:
That little snippet there is Nobel Prize winning literature compared to some of the things that have been spun out of EU.
That is some funny stuff there...

Reaction score

JoeRhyno said:
FlorenceBeach said:
pfft.. I know what you're saying, next thing you know, they'll try to shove something down our throats like some big planet sized space station with a HUGE "laser beam" that can destroy planets... I swear, what are these people trying to do to us...
yea, like a rhino with flame throwing nostrils is any more believable.
btw, lucas came up with the death star, hasbro came up with the speeders on hoth. major difference if you arent too ingnorant to figure it out.

Reaction score

I just wish Hasbro would use that modified Clone Wars (2002) Speeder Bike that came with a Clone. At least that one had proper handlebars. Otherwise this is a nice set... but wait, they're from the Republic...?