Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol - Battlepack

Reaction score
Over at entertainmentearth.com thay have pre-order up for this set which is included in wave 5.

Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol Battlepack

I assume that it wil be similar to the Trechery on Saleucami set from 2007 consisting of 2 Hoth flavored bikes and their pilot/drivers.

Reaction score
Re: 2008 Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol Battlepack

snowtroop looks cool on bike -e.g. the mini titanium toy, but of course, i look better.

GAR

Reaction score

I like the sound of that.

Titanium version:

Reaction score

Ah, thus is born the "white-out" trend. (apparently, the super-stealth Royal Guard put us over the top with "shadow" trend).

Seriously though, these should look fairly decent, I would think. A bit gimmicky, but what isn't recently in the Hasbro Star Wars line?

Reaction score

I saw those titaniums just the other day. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Were probably getting two VOTC snowtroopers on white repainted speederbikes,(without corrected handlebars
)

Reaction score

bikerscout said:
wait a minute, this'll be a 3.75" fig BP????!!!!
Don't worry about it brother, you'll still look better!

Reaction score

thanks man, I only wear my snow gear when i travel Ilum and hoth anyway.

Reaction score

bikerscout said:
Ooh ooh, I'll give you 10 bucks if you wear the Hoth gear to Tatooine and don't take it off for at least 15 minutes!!

Reaction score

TerdVader said:
I saw those titaniums just the other day. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Were probably getting two VOTC snowtroopers on white repainted speederbikes,(without corrected handlebars
)
Yeah, no doubt.
Still, I like the concept and I'll buy a couple at least. The Titanium version does look cool IMO and I'll be glad to add that to my Imperial army.

Reaction score

Maynard said:
bikerscout said:
Ooh ooh, I'll give you 10 bucks if you where the Hoth gear to Tatooine and don't take it off for at least 15 minutes!!
lol. need more credits than that though!

Reaction score

I just saw the Titanium today and though I'm fairly against the trend of mixing and matching colors eith existing products, I will definitely buy this because the thought of a couple scout snowtroopers flying past the Blizzard Force for some advanced recon is pretty cool to me.

Reaction score

Does anyone remember that picture from the old cross sections book that had a picture of a scout trooper decked out in cold weather gear and flying around on Hoth? I'd like it if the figure were based on that design, but since Hasbro's already pushed out a regular snowtrooper on the bike it seems for certain we'll get that.

Reaction score

what the heck ?, there is no way they would be able to use speeder bikes on Hoth First of all because as every one knows they had to either use a tawn tawn or snow speeder or AT ST

GAR

Reaction score

joku2 said:
what the heck ?, there is no way they would be able to use speeder bikes on Hoth First of all because as every one knows they had to either use a tawn tawn or snow speeder or AT ST
I don't know that. How do you?

Reaction score

joku2 said:
Well, they did.

Reaction score

GAR said:
joku2 said:
Well, they DID have trouble adapting them to the cold, ya know?

Also, anyone remember on the Troops short, didn't they have sandies on speeder bikes? And AT-ST's wandering around in the background? Only a matter of time...

Reaction score

Awesome idea for a BP. I wish they would do something to make the speeder bikes look more adapted to the cold weather, but they'll probably just paint them white like the Titanium.

GAR

Reaction score

Ruadh said:
GAR said:
joku2 said:

Also, anyone remember on the Troops short, didn't they have sandies on speeder bikes? And AT-ST's wandering around in the background? Only a matter of time...
And what's wrong with that? I just makes sense that they'd use the same equipment. Does it get your panties all bunched up that there was an AT-AT on Endor?

Reaction score

GAR said:
Ruadh said:
GAR said:
joku2 said:

And what's wrong with that? I just makes sense that they'd use the same equipment. Does it get your panties all bunched up that there was an AT-AT on Endor?
Hey now, the only panties I see bunched are yours, my friend.
My post in no way conveyed support or disdain. In short, I'm ambivalent. Or perhaps just apathetic.

Reaction score

This and the Mygeto set sound good. I'll get it.

GAR

Reaction score

Ruadh said:
My post in no way conveyed support or disdain. In short, I'm ambivalent. Or perhaps just apathetic.
Bah, I don't care, as long as a dissenting opinion has a little thought behind it. Apathy I can respect. It's just plain dumb that I have a problem with.

Reaction score

RogueWompRat said:
Does anyone remember that picture from the old cross sections book that had a picture of a scout trooper decked out in cold weather gear and flying around on Hoth? I'd like it if the figure were based on that design, but since Hasbro's already pushed out a regular snowtrooper on the bike it seems for certain we'll get that.
Not sure of the cross-section book, but there was one shown in the Worlds Of Star Wars (DK Publishing).

Regardless, I agree it should have been the biker scout armor featured instead of the blizzard force costume.

Reaction score

GAR said:
Ruadh said:
Bah, I don't care, as long as a dissenting opinion has a little thought behind it. Apathy I can respect. It's just plain dumb that I have a problem with.
Yeah yeah, but clearly you want to fight.
So let's get into it, heh heh. All I was saying is, if they're gonna start coming up with "just off camera" BP's, then the Tatooine one would be great. AND, it's another way for them to recycle that beloved ATST again.

Reaction score

If the set comes out looking good especially corrected handlebars I'd just imagine this was a patrol on some other cold icy planet. There weren't even any Imperial troops on the ground during the Battle of Hoth until the battle was won. Those troops stayed in the AT-ATs for most of it.

Sol

Reaction score

My money's on Ruadh... but GAR has so many people behind him... Ruadh's armor is cool... oh, I'm rooting for both... go ahead and kill each other.

GAR

Reaction score

Ruadh said:
Yeah yeah, but clearly you want to fight.
So let's get into it, heh heh.
Bring it Irish! I bet you use that Notre Dame fighting stance too, eh?

My Wing Chun is strong!

Reaction score

Another Hasbro creation another pass for me.

Reaction score

Unfortunately, it also says..."subject to change".
I'll believe it when I see it, May is pretty far away.

Reaction score

GAR said:
Ah good. Marquees of Queensbury rules. Should be a smashing good match. Best since John L. Sullivan.

Reaction score

I don't really see this as gimmicky. At least not as bad as all the "shadow" crap.

Anyway, the Hoth Battle is hands down my favorite moment in the Star Wars films and I have no trouble believing that there were some speeder bikes whizzing about somewhere with Snowtroopers. Either I'll be all over this set when it comes out.

Reaction score

I just hope it comes with the hoth gear scout trooper.

Reaction score

LandoGriffin said:
Not so! In the "Incredible Cross-Sections" (OT), there is a picture of a white speeder bike on the same page as the AT-AT. The trooper riding it is basically a Scout Trooper wearing a Snowtrooper backpack and with no black areas between armor plates. I think it looks very cool.

Reaction score

Ge's right, thats where I learned about it to.

Reaction score

Jangodo said:
Not so! In the "Incredible Cross-Sections" (OT), there is a picture of a white speeder bike on the same page as the AT-AT. The trooper riding it is basically a Scout Trooper wearing a Snowtrooper backpack and with no black areas between armor plates. I think it looks very cool.
I've been looking for an image of this since RogueWompRat mentioned it above, but with no success. It sounds cool, so if anyone has a pic, I'd appreciate it.

Reaction score

Jangodo said:
LandoGriffin said:
Do you know if there is a pic of this on line? It sounds pretty cool, but I will wait to make my opinions once I see the toy.

Reaction score

I took a picture and uploaded to the Internet. Here it is:

Reaction score

Nice pic!

You've convinced me. I like it.

Reaction score

WOW That is pretty cool. If they do make it, I hope it looks like this.

Reaction score

LunchBox said:
GAR said:
Ah good. Marquees of Queensbury rules. Should be a smashing good match. Best since John L. Sullivan.
Ugh, weak. Work got in the way of this. Weak, weeeeak!

I said my part though.

I hope all you guys make it to the comic con one of these years. Can finally have some P's & Q's together.