Hoth Ice Planet Game

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro has plans for another game release similar to the Escape the Death Star set that came with Grand Moff Tarkin. This time it'll be the Hoth Ice Planet game.

No word if it'll be coming with a figure but a Hoth Rebel Soldier would be very welcomed if Hasbro was to include one.

Thoughts on seeing this game?

Reaction score
I welcome it! I got the Escape From Death Star reproduction game and anytime I can get something that reminds me of my childhood at a fraction of the cost, I am in!

I would prefer a Snowtrooper Commander or AT-AT Driver figure instead though.

Reaction score
How about at Hoth Snowspeeder Pilot (Luke, Wedge or Dack) of General Riekaan?

Reaction score
How about at Hoth Snowspeeder Pilot (Luke, Wedge or Dack) of General Riekaan?

I am personally not a fan of the Rebels, hence my preference for an Imperial trooper. However, being we got Grand Moff Tarkin for the SW game it would make sense to have a Rebel Leader this time. I could see General Riekaan making sense as the unproduced Kenner figure and would be fine with it.

Reaction score
Someone once mentioned Snow speeder Luke or even Wedge with the Gray boots and Gloves. I could see that too but the best idea was before they even announced the Hoth game was that Hasbro do the Dagobah game and do a Jedi Training Luke with Yoda just as it appears on the box. it hurt my feelings that Hasbro missed this one.

Reaction score
Was there even a Hoth Ice planet game back then in 1980 or 1981?

Reaction score
I agree that we need a Rebel leader to counteract Tarkin. Bring on Rieekan!

Reaction score
I think the "this needs a Rebel leader" line of thinking makes sense. And maybe the goal is to put an un-made figure in there (like they did with Tarkin), so collectors have to buy the game to get it.

But if they want some name recognition on the figure, and they want a leader of the Rebels...is there any chance that they go with Hoth Leia?

Reactions: JVM
Reaction score
I think the "this needs a Rebel leader" line of thinking makes sense. And maybe the goal is to put an un-made figure in there (like they did with Tarkin), so collectors have to buy the game to get it.

But if they want some name recognition on the figure, and they want a leader of the Rebels...is there any chance that they go with Hoth Leia?
I would love Hoth Leia, she was a solid figure. But since she was already made in the original line for ESB, not sure if she would be the choice if they wanted to go the unmade figure route.

Reaction score
So are we assuming that the unmade figure route is the hook Hasbro is taking to ensure the purchase of the game? According to the rumor, the hoth game is supposed to dome with R2 and 3PO. I hope not. I prefer the unmade character.

Reaction score
So are we assuming that the unmade figure route is the hook Hasbro is taking to ensure the purchase of the game? According to the rumor, the hoth game is supposed to dome with R2 and 3PO. I hope not. I prefer the unmade character.
I have heard the same thing, it was going to be the droids. I guess two droids is a hook being you get both figures at once. I personally liked these corny games growing up as a kid. Yes, now they are just cheap repro nostalgia but I still like owning them. I don't need a figure, but most do. If they do the droids and especially the vacu-seal on C-3P0 and R2's dome I think they will sell well.

Reaction score
If the game is still $19.99 and comes with carded r2 and 3po metalized I'll be happier than a pig in stink. I'll just consider the game an insurance policy keeping the cards nice.

Reaction score
i'll likely get the game but honestly not interested in the figs (unless unmade character or brown coat hoth han variant), so I may consider trading the included figs for a droid from the Disney parks GE FO evacuation vehicle 1:1

Oh, w/ 2 figs included, I don't see it staying $19.99.....$24.99 @ least.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Getting these old board games, is kind of cool and interesting. But I sure would rather they use the cardboard to remake the Hoth Ice Planet Adventure set or the Rebel Command Center Adventure set. The Command Center set would be perfect for packing in an all new General Rieekan figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Getting these old board games, is kind of cool and interesting. But I sure would rather they use the cardboard to remake the Hoth Ice Planet Adventure set or the Rebel Command Center Adventure set. The Command Center set would be perfect for packing in an all new General Rieekan figure.
Bada bing, agreed my friend.

Reaction score
The wm page for this isn't showing up now. Just says sorry the page you are looking for could not be found.

Reaction score
I ordered at Wal-Mart online 2 days ago and it just showed up. No packing inside the box but no damage either!

Reaction score
Just checked and Amazon has cut the price down to $15 right now...

Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about this one. It does have a vintage feel to it and some of the details look great, but the yellow visor looks off. I also have concerns about the light saber looking almost identical to the rare vintage one...

Reaction score
I did end up ordering this from Amazon for $15. I have to admit that the figure looks better in person. It does fit in pretty well with my vintage Hoth figures.

Reaction score
I picked this up, wasn't too keen on it when announced, but managed to find one for $11. Its actually a surprisingly good set - the game is better than the ANH release, and the figure feels much more solid. The orange jumpsuit is borderline dayglo, but I sorta dig it - not crazy about that visor though. I hope the next "new" sculpt is something a bit more interesting though.

Reaction score
I picked this up, wasn't too keen on it when announced, but managed to find one for $11. Its actually a surprisingly good set - the game is better than the ANH release, and the figure feels much more solid. The orange jumpsuit is borderline dayglo, but I sorta dig it - not crazy about that visor though. I hope the next "new" sculpt is something a bit more interesting though.
Where did you find them for $11? I have two already but would buy again at that price.

Reaction score
Dorkside has this for $15.99 as part of their New Year's Sale

Reaction score
Yuss! :D finally picked this up today - an early birthday pressie to myself!

So very pleased to have acquired the Snowspeeder RC figure, and am holding onto the board game, to play with my three children - who are equally excited!
yea thats how i was feeling too! I had one already but I needed another one to open up and get my hands on the carded figure lol

Reaction score
I just finished setting up for a massive five-family Friday/Saturday yard sale, and I’m offering this (sans Luke, of course) for $5.

Everyone involved is supposed to pick an item they think will sell and one they think won’t—and the people who get both right get their dinner from the ones who get one wrong. I picked this as my “definitely-will-sell” item. It’s priced to move!

Reaction score
I just finished setting up for a massive five-family Friday/Saturday yard sale, and I’m offering this (sans Luke, of course) for $5.

Everyone involved is supposed to pick an item they think will sell and one they think won’t—and the people who get both right get their dinner from the ones who get one wrong. I picked this as my “definitely-will-sell” item. It’s priced to move!
I don't know, you may be better off making it look like it came straight out the 80's. Bend the cards up, take some sandpaper and scuff up the box, spill some beer and soda on the board, toss in a floppy disk and label it 'New Coke Recipe' :D

Reaction score
A guy told me he wanted it, said he would be back later with some money, left, and I never saw him again. I was thinking “you stopped to look at a yard sale but you didn’t have $5?” I guess you never know! After day one, it’s still available…🥴