Hot Toys The Mandalorian The Child/Baby Yoda 1:1 Figure

Reaction score
Price? I already have the Sideshow one on order so no need for two of them. Looks good though.

Reaction score
I agree that the seams do not work well. Hot toys at times offers too many features. Just like the SS Jabba 2nd edition with the puppet mouth.

Reaction score
I had already ordered the Sideshow version, and after seeing this, I'm glad I did. I even showed both to my wife and for this one she commented that he looks mean. I somewhat agree - maybe it's the partially open mouth.

Reaction score
I like the Mandalorian series but have no interest in buying anything from the show, maybe the 1/6 baby Yoda that comes with Mando, if I can get it separately for a good price. Anyway from the two life-size prototypes I prefer the Sideshow one, as in my eyes looks closer to the screen used puppet (though there are minor inaccuracies), but in the end all depends on the production and how well both the Hot Toys and Sideshow finished products will look like.

Reaction score
I still prefer the Sideshow version. Something about the expression on Hot Toys' that doesn't look right to me.

Now that I've seen both and picked which one I prefer, gotta decide if I can afford to order it during these uncertain times. :cautious:

Reaction score
Glad i went for the sideshow one, there;s just something about the hot toys one that looks way too toy/doll like and not much of a 1:1 replica. The thing that sold me on the sideshow one is that it came from the same molds as the original if i remember correctly. I agree the ear seams just dont work well on this.

Reaction score
I buy Hot Toys almost exclusively now when there is a choice. I have already put my order in for the Sideshow version the day it went up, and now I'm really glad I did; I think Sideshow is clearly superior on this one.

Reaction score
Glad i went for the sideshow one, there;s just something about the hot toys one that looks way too toy/doll like and not much of a 1:1 replica. The thing that sold me on the sideshow one is that it came from the same molds as the original if i remember correctly. I agree the ear seams just dont work well on this.
Legacy Effects also worked on the practical puppet used in the show, IIRC.

Reaction score
Glad I ordered the Sideshow, especially since Legacy Effects did the sculpt. Not a fan of the seams on the ears either.

Reaction score
compared, i'd choose this one, Sideshow has kind of sad expresion. This one looks more curious or childish if this makes any sense

Reaction score
I picked up the Sideshow one. And now? I also picked up the Hot Toys one. GASP!! I now have 2 Baby Yodas coming. Lol

That being said Sideshow proto vs HT proto, Sideshow still wins. Now to see if the mass production unit will look as good/near to the protos shown. Hot Toys more pulls thru more often based on their record.

Reaction score
Yeah, I PO'd the Sideshow version and I prefer it to the HT. While it's cool that the HT has interchangeable hands and ears, I don't care for either the expression or the very visible seam around the ears on the HT version.

Reaction score
Yeah, I PO'd the Sideshow version and I prefer it to the HT. While it's cool that the HT has interchangeable hands and ears, I don't care for either the expression or the very visible seam around the ears on the HT version.
Thanks for the input, all. I was a bit on the fence after seeing the HT as compared to my Sideshow pre-order.