Hot Toys Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Definitely grabbing one. Need to decide if I should get two though.

Reaction score
Anyone able to post a pic side by side of the ANH stormy and this new version to help visualize the differences?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sergiu posted Hot Toys official comparison a few pages back.

Reaction score
The Stormtroopers above are Rogue One versions ^

The OT Stormies are below - on the left there is the new upcoming ROTJ inspired Stormtrooper, with the return edge on the chest armor and cod piece, different hand plates, with a black frown (hopefully) and a MGC E-11 blaster, and on the right there is the classic ANH one, already released:

Here’s the post.

Reaction score
Sort of been away from the forum for a while but recently checked back in because of the recent Star Wars Celebration Anaheim registration and came across this thread. Thank you so much for all of the details. I missed the Stormies the first time around, so I'm happy to be able to get one of these (even though these are ROTJ and not ANH). Probably would have missed them again had it not been for this forum and thread.

Reaction score
Mv final Flexpay for the ROTJ trooper got pushed back another month to 8/5.

Reaction score
I received mine yesterday and I love it. Might be my imagination but it seems like it has better articulation than past troopers.

I am, however, super annoyed by the flimsy new mailer box - it's noticeably thinner (one layer of corrugated instead of two) and just way less sturdy. The inner box had some crushing, which seems inevitable if it's shipped in a box made out of such thin cardboard. Anyone else have this issue? Is this a new cost-cutting thing Hot Toys is doing? If so, I'm not excited about receiving every single new sixth scale figure with bends and dents in the packaging. I would love to hear what you have to say about this. Maybe even start a new thread?

Also - the taxes went way up, it looks like. I paid $48.50 on a $189.00 figure. That doesn't include shipping. Thanks, Trump.

Reaction score
I received mine yesterday and I love it. Might be my imagination but it seems like it has better articulation than past troopers.

I am, however, super annoyed by the flimsy new mailer box - it's noticeably thinner (one layer of corrugated instead of two) and just way less sturdy. The inner box had some crushing, which seems inevitable if it's shipped in a box made out of such thin cardboard. Anyone else have this issue? Is this a new cost-cutting thing Hot Toys is doing? If so, I'm not excited about receiving every single new sixth scale figure with bends and dents in the packaging. I would love to hear what you have to say about this. Maybe even start a new thread?

Also - the taxes went way up, it looks like. I paid $48.50 on a $189.00 figure. That doesn't include shipping. Thanks, Trump.

Trade wars are easy to win!

I've experienced the same thing with my recent figures as well. Almost all of the boxes are creased or crushed in some capacity.

Reaction score

You're just getting ripped off by someone, I also live in California and I only paid $17.62 in tax for mine.

Reaction score
You're just getting ripped off by someone, I also live in California and I only paid $17.62 in tax for mine.
No doubt Shadow. I'm in CA too. Nothing more than normal taxes. It's an excuse to talk trash.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score

Looks like we got a case of fake news. You might want to call CNN they pay money for these stories.

Reaction score
Just had to pay 50 euro in taxes and customs for one of these. Gonna start buying the expensive stuff from european etailers going forward - surely would have worked out cheaper had i bought one from a belgian vendor. And we don’t even have Trump as an excuse. 50 euro, or 25% of the original price.

Reaction score
Just had to pay 50 euro in taxes and customs for one of these. Gonna start buying the expensive stuff from european etailers going forward - surely would have worked out cheaper had i bought one from a belgian vendor. And we don’t even have Trump as an excuse. 50 euro, or 25% of the original price.
That's a pretty heft amount. I'd go with a European etailer as well at this point.
T

Reaction score
Buy from the Far East. Much cheaper than European retailers and most offer 'gift' and low value to help avoid taxes and customs.

Reaction score
Hot Toys ROTJ Stormtroopers arrived, great figures:

Comparison ANH & ROTJ Stormies: