Hot Toys Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Interesting that HT made one of these. I don't have room for another plain Stormie, plus I prefer the ANH version, so I'll likely pass on this one.

Reaction score
New pics of the ROTJ Stormtrooper(s), a bit idealized compared to the old proto but still ok - seems there are 2 options for the figure:

"Stormtroopers are elite shock troops fanatically loyal to the Empire and focused on the Imperial cause. Their iconic white armor, which offers a wide range of survival equipment and temperature controls to allow the soldiers to survive in almost any environment. With blasters in hands, Stormtroopers attack in hordes to overwhelm their enemies enforcing the will of the Empire.

Being one of the most recognizable and popular characters in the Star Wars saga and pop culture, Hot Toys is delighted to present another opportunity for passionate Star Wars fans to collect by introducing the new 1/6th scale Imperial Stormtrooper collectible figure from the classic Star Wars film!

The highly accurate collectible figure features a newly refined Stormtrooper helmet and armor allowing improved articulations, all new paint applications, a fabric under-suit, a blaster rifle.

This Deluxe Version will exclusively include a specially designed space station themed diorama figure stand with LED light-up function!

Expand your Empire collection by enlisting this Deluxe Version of 1/6th scale Stormtrooper collectible figure in your ranks!"

The old proto:

Reaction score
Ok, I see some differences and all, but can anybody tell me, in their opinion, if the differences are significant to warrant purchasing this? I have the 2-pack from a few years back, but I do find this one interesting. I don't necessarily need another stormtrooper, but I'm not sure. Any advice?

Reaction score
Ok, I see some differences and all, but can anybody tell me, in their opinion, if the differences are significant to warrant purchasing this? I have the 2-pack from a few years back, but I do find this one interesting. I don't necessarily need another stormtrooper, but I'm not sure. Any advice?
The articulation is supposed to be better if that matters to you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
HARD pass for me! Great for the people who missed the Hot Toys Stormtrooper two-pack a few years ago.

Since I got that two-pack, and am perfectly fine with it, no need to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
HARD pass for me! Great for the people who missed the Hot Toys Stormtrooper two-pack a few years ago.

Not really an upgrade. More of a variation. If you are a OT Stormtrooper nut you most likely will want one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score

This is not upgrade, maybe complementary for a ROTJ display. These supposedly are ROTJ Stormtroopers, which should be quite different from ANH (and ESB), but HT idealized them anyway, especially the helmet. ANH troopers remain very cool nevertheless

Reaction score
What are people meaning when they say that this stormtrooper is idealized? I don't understand. I missed out on the 1st one so I might get this one. Is it not movie accurate?

Reaction score
What are people meaning when they say that this stormtrooper is idealized? I don't understand. I missed out on the 1st one so I might get this one. Is it not movie accurate?
Meaning its symmetrical and looks better than the original. The Movie buckets were pretty sloppy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
No figure or statue will be perfectly accurate to the wonky screen used armors and helmets. Some are closer (Gentle Giant mini-bust, Marmit, Hot Toys, etc.) some are less. The HT figures are reasonably accurate. The first ROTJ proto shown by HT some time ago has a more accurate helmet and especially frown (that wide black mouth) than the one we are seeing now.

Reaction score
Anyone has a rough idea of what would it cost to ship one to the EU from BBTS, including customs and VAT? Never ordered HT from third countries.

Reaction score
They’re crazy expensive. Wanted an idea of what it would cost by way of VAT and customs duty to be able to compare to the likes of Forbidden Planet etc.
Order from a seller on eBay in the Far East. Big savings to be had compared to EU sellers.

If you order from SS direct, once shipping and customs are added, you will be no better off then buying from Forbidden Planet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Order from a seller on eBay in the Far East. Big savings to be had compared to EU sellers.

If you order from SS direct, once shipping and customs are added, you will be no better off then buying from Forbidden Planet.
I read a lot about buying from HK sellers. But won’t I still have to pay vat etc once it enters the EU?

Reaction score
I read a lot about buying from HK sellers. But won’t I still have to pay vat etc once it enters the EU?
Quite s few sellers mark it as gift and low value. I have never paid customs on my Ebay Hot Toy purchases from HK or China.
Just ask the seller before bidding or buying. Most are very accommodating.

Reaction score
Quite s few sellers mark it as gift and low value. I have never paid customs on my Ebay Hot Toy purchases from HK or China.
Just ask the seller before bidding or buying. Most are very accommodating.
Ah. Now that’s interesting. Thanks for the info guys!

Reaction score
So is the only real difference in the new stormtrooper going to be the weathering? Looks like they didn't produce it with the ROTJ helmet after all (as Sergiu noted above). That's a bummer. I would've ordered an ROTJ specific stormy for sure.

Reaction score
Your post is kind of confusing.

Forthcoming Stormtrooper release (MMS514 and MMS515) are indeed not purely ROTJ design based on prototype pics from a while ago. They are an interpretation (especially the helmet) but are clearly not a redo of ANH MMS267 and MMS268 nor based on the RO MMS393 & MMS394 used to illustrate your post.

As of now, we have yet to get any more details on what the production piece will look like. knowing HT, there shouldn't be any glaring difference from the prototype. Both variants are meant to be the same with DX getting a specific backdrop.

Reaction score
Your post is kind of confusing.

Forthcoming Stormtrooper release (MMS514 and MMS515) are indeed not purely ROTJ design based on prototype pics from a while ago. They are an interpretation (especially the helmet) but are clearly not a redo of ANH MMS267 and MMS268 nor based on the RO MMS393 & MMS394 used to illustrate your post.

As of now, we have yet to get any more details on what the production piece will look like. knowing HT, there shouldn't be any glaring difference from the prototype. Both variants are meant to be the same with DX getting a specific backdrop.
OK it was confusing, because I was confused! I thought the MMS394 pictured above was the ROTJ release. Thanks for clarifying.

Reaction score
Glad i could clarify. Didn't mean to sound rude. I just couldn't figure out where you were coming from adding this pic to your post. I'd add pics to illustrate as well but am having technical issues doing so on these parts. Here's a link to Hot Toys product page where you have a few comparison shots between ANH and "ROTJ".

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=652

Reaction score
So is the only real difference in the new stormtrooper going to be the weathering? Looks like they didn't produce it with the ROTJ helmet after all (as Sergiu noted above). That's a bummer. I would've ordered an ROTJ specific stormy for sure.

The Stormtroopers above are Rogue One versions ^

The OT Stormies are below - on the left there is the new upcoming ROTJ inspired Stormtrooper, with the return edge on the chest armor and cod piece, different hand plates, with a black frown (hopefully) and a MGC E-11 blaster, and on the right there is the classic ANH one, already released:

Last edited: