Hot Toys Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Damn. Didn't expect a follow-up to Han and Chewie so quickly. They're killing me!

This is another one of those that badly needed an upgrade from the SSC version.

Reaction score
A good friend of mine just drooped these photos by email to me. Cannot wait to see more detailed photos asap.

Reaction score
Nice! Judging by the height difference, it looks like they're going for Han and Luke here.

Reaction score
That could be, or maybe the armor and bodies are not put together perfectly yet, as these might be just protos. We'll see.

Reaction score
Looks to me like these are just early, early versions of regular Stormtroopers; not Luke and Han. The fit of the armor and even the sculpts could be improved some.

Reaction score
To me, they are clearly going for a stormtrooper duo but are anticipating another release with Han and Luke in mind justifying the height difference.

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is an early iteration of a Luke and Han set (based on height and inclusion of mouse droid). Definitely down for three or four generic Stormtroopers. Would never display a Luke/Han in ST disguise and don't want to pay the premium for the headsculpts, either. Great news, though! Between SSC and HT my wallet is really going to take a beating over the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't care about Han and Luke in disguise, will only get regular TK.

Reaction score
I can't wait for these bad boys and any other hots toys. Not sure if it's just the camera angle but the bottom picture looks really stubby kinda like when you see a cosplayer stormtrooper whos of the large but short build varierty. Sure it's just the angle though and I will still buy as I'm not overly pedantic with stuff just an observation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
These have different heights, so pretty cool regarding accuracy, also a shiny armor, and anyone can see a proportioned cod piece compared to the tiny one on the SSC Stormies. I'd really like to see a fully lighted front picture of them to see a close-up of the armor and helmet. The DLT-19 should have the t-tracks on it, but we all know the SSC blasters are the best. For now they looks VERY COOL.

Reaction score
These have different heights, so pretty cool regarding accuracy, also a shiny armor, and anyone can see a proportioned cod piece compared to the tiny one on the SSC Stormies. I'd really like to see a fully lighted front picture of them to see a close-up of the armor and helmet. The DLT-19 should have the t-tracks on it, but we all know the SSC blasters are the best. For now they looks VERY COOL.
Thats good enough for me to hear. I'll be buying once up for pre order.

Reaction score
Only disappointment for the time being, they are adding a blaster rifle to that set which kind of defeat the purpose of adding it to the Han & Chewy set in the first place.

Reaction score
I like the fact of troop building, but I really think its Han and Luke. You can see a significant difference in the height.

Reaction score
I like the look of these & the bases are cool too..., I can easily see this being my first Hot Toys Star Wars purchase. :)

Reaction score
These won't be released as Han and Luke (clearly described as Stormtroopers figures set on the tag) though HT did produce one shorter than the other to allow for a han & Luke set down the line.

Reaction score
I have the SS trooper, but I will get this for sure. It needed an update. I also have the SS Han and Luke stormtrooper, I would not pay a premium for them. The SS ones are fine for me, don't need to spend $400 or worse!

Reaction score
Looks like we're finally getting the definitive 1:6 scale Stormtrooper! Very, very excited for this set.

Reaction score
This set looks great, I love the shiny look. I take it the SS version will be popping up for sale on Ebay now.

Reaction score
Only disappointment for the time being, they are adding a blaster rifle to that set which kind of defeat the purpose of adding it to the Han & Chewy set in the first place.
The Stormies used the big DLT-19 too, remember the scene when on Death Star one of them searched for the hidden crew of he Falcon together with the scanning troopers?

Anyway a new pic

Reaction score
Let's not forget the Stormtrooper wearing the DLT-19 first:

Reaction score
Doubt this will be strictly a set. It's gonna suck though if it is cause the price will be close to $400. Will be ok if HTs spaces out the release dates on their work. That's what I think is killing SS to much dropping all at once and then charging higher prices with every release. And we all know Hot Toys isn't cheap.. But the products are oh so choice..

Reaction score
Yep, i know stormtroopers are seen wearing that rifle in ANH. What i'm saying is having this same rifle as an exclusive in another set feels like a dumb move. As a comparison, SSC never released an exclusive twice and the only one that got released as a regular accessory with another figure was Grievous blaster (ROTS Obi-Wan exclusive) iirc.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've never been fan of any kind of exclusives. Release your items to be available to any customer, no matter where they are located. But more and more companies ditch international customers...

Anyway i'd really like to see some good photos of these figures, to have a close up of the helmet and armor.

Reaction score
Ah... late to the party as usual...

Sergiu you beat me to it! :D

I just posted those photos & links at 1/6 Scale Figures under The Cool Toy Review Forum....
Admin, please delete thread if necessary...

So Sergiu,
If & when they do release these bad-*ss Stormies, 'how many' do you plan to get?
(provided they're not Han & Luke in disguise) :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree that this likely isn't Han and Luke in "this" iteration. Not only does the packaging only mention "Stormtrooper" and not stormtrooper "disguise", it would be missing Luke's belt with grappling hook and comlink. I agree that they are setting up for the future, though. It is cool that it includes the SE-14r repeating pistol. I only wish it had a "Mr No Stripes" stunt-style helmet for the TK holding the DLT-19. ;) This looks like it'd be a great set to have....

Reaction score
Ah... late to the party as usual...

Sergiu you beat me to it! :D

I just posted those photos & links at 1/6 Scale Figures under The Cool Toy Review Forum....
Admin, please delete thread if necessary...

So Sergiu,
If & when they do release these bad-*ss Stormies, 'how many' do you plan to get?
(provided they're not Han & Luke in disguise) :D
Just a pair :) But I really hope the helmet not be be a cast of the SSC version...

Reaction score

Anyway back on HT Stormtrooper figures, I really hope they won't reuse the SSC helmet sculpt. I'd like to see some close up high res shots of the helmets. A helmet is a hit or a miss.

Reaction score
Just a pair :) But I really hope the helmet not be be a cast of the SSC version...
'Two' (a pair) is a good number!! :grin:

On helmet cast:
I know right... cos if it is, then it'll be no point for Hot Toys 'doing a better version' of a Stormie...

Honestly, the more I look at that prototype promo pics of the set,
I realized (if finalized), the 'height' difference is deliberately made that way
so for those who've collected the Hot Toys/sideshow deluxe Bespin Luke,
& recent HT Han Solo, may have a choice to swap their heads for this upcoming 'Stormie set'.

Then again it won't make sense cos your Han & one of your deluxe Luke head will be missing from your display figures...
unless they 'throw' in a pair of Luke & Han heads for the 'exclusive'! Hmm..... my two cents speculation...

Last edited: