Hot Toys - Star Wars General Discussion

GNT

Reaction score
Hot Toys Finally Announces Proper Star Wars Line

“A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away…”

We are extremely excited to officially announce today, Hot Toys has acquired the right to manufacture 1/6th scale and 1/4th scale collectible figures from the STAR WARS universe, including the upcoming highly anticipated Star Wars Episode VII that is set to hit theatres in December, 2015. Look forward to the high-end collectibles from the new movie and the original Episode I – VII!

Fans please stay tuned, and “May the Force be with you”!

Should be good.

Reaction score
...If this means I might get a 1/6th scale vehicles like the Snow Speeder, Landspeeder or maybe even an X-Wing, I will lose my mind.

Reaction score
I hope they make a decent Stormtrooper & Sandtrooper, I'm sure they were chern out the tack Sideshow did..., still pains me to look at the ones I bought from them. :(

Reaction score
I'd love a good likeness Mace Windu since the sideshow version didn't look like him at all.

Reaction score
I'd love to see them make an AT AT Driver pretty early on but I'm thinking we'll probably see Luke, Leia, Han & Chewie along with Vader before much else is made.

Reaction score
Maybe Hot Toys can do what Sideshow was unwilling or unable to do -- provide a 1/6 scale Slave Leia to go with Sideshow's Jabba the Hutt set. After seeing HT's Guardians of the Galaxy Gamora figure, I'm confident they could give us a Slave Leia with articulation joints completely hidden on a half-naked body. If Hot Toys is willing to tackle this figure, I hope they take inspiration from Hasbro's last version and also provide a separate lower body sculpted in a realistic sitting position so we can realistically display her lounging with Jabba. Oola would be equally welcome too. My Sideshow Jabba set has felt incomplete for years now due to the lack of these two figures. :(

Given Sideshow's complete lack of interest in doing more Padme or Leia figures (or any female characters from Star Wars, such as Ahsoka and other prequel Jedi), Hot Toys may be our only hope of ever getting some of these characters now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Glad to have a general thread for Hot Toys Star Wars now. Looking over my list of characters Sideshow claimed they were working on for the last several years, but have yet to release, there's several that I hope Hot Toys takes charge of now since Sideshow could never be bothered to do it. Chewbacca is a wonderfully huge step in the right direction, proving that this company could accomplish something Sideshow never could.

I won't start a long wishlist of characters I'd like them to do, but I'm especially hoping for a focus on female characters again since Sideshow has neglected it for far too many years. They claimed an Ahsoka was in the works back when the Clone Wars cartoon was still airing, and it never came about. So I hope Hot Toys completes our 1/6 scale Clone Wars set with a nice Ahsoka figure. I also hope HT finally gives us a Slave Leia to go with the Sideshow Jabba set. Oola would be wonderful too. Both could have the same kind of body the recent Guardians of the Galaxy Gamora figure has, with articulation joints hidden under the skin.

Grand Moff Tarkin would be another nice addition. He was another figure Sideshow claimed was in progress for many years. I'm sure Hot Toys would do a much better job on Peter Cushing's likeness than Sideshow ever could.

If and when they tackle prequel main characters, I'm mostly hoping for AOTC Anakin (since Sideshow never gave us one), and an AOTC Geonosis costume Padme (with both torn and non-torn shirt options). That would be a nice pair of figures.

As for Sideshow, they should stick with droids and faceless troopers while Hot Toys focuses on the main characters that require good likeness headsculpts. Sideshow has done an impressive job recently with C3PO and R2D2, as well as the Biker Scout and Snowtrooper. I'd like to see them finish off the rest of the ESB bounty hunters, and also offer the Imperial Royal Guard (another one on their old in-progress list), and just let Hot Toys take over doing main characters now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was trying my hardest not to get into the HT TFA line, but it was calling to me...and I let it in! :)

I gave in and Preordered Kylo Ren and a First Order Stormtrooper. Between HT Marvel and HT Star Wars, I'm in trouble!

Reaction score
I feel both your pain plus pain of my own...my bank account just filed divorce papers{sigh}.

Reaction score
Zylek...we have multiple threads for Hot Toys Star Wars 1/6th figures under Sideshow 1/6th further up...reviews, news & comments. The mods should probably change it since Sideshow doesn't have an FA 1/6th coming out.

Reaction score
For us on the east coast...I would say roughly 1 month until it's in hand. I think it will be the next HT SW figure to hit Sideshow on the west coast. They're saying Jan/Feb. on their site.

Reaction score
Cool, I've had a pre-order with Timewalker Toys since the release was first disclosed.

For us on the east coast...I would say roughly 1 month until it's in hand. I think it will be the next HT SW figure to hit Sideshow on the west coast. They're saying Jan/Feb. on their site.

Reaction score
How come you're dropping $200 plus on this guy when you despised the movie so much???

Reaction score
Zylek...we have multiple threads for Hot Toys Star Wars 1/6th figures under Sideshow 1/6th further up...reviews, news & comments. The mods should probably change it since Sideshow doesn't have an FA 1/6th coming out.
Thanks, I was wondering why this thread was so dead :) Yes I agree those sections need to be retitled since Sideshow doesn't make any TFA and Hot Toys is now the gold standard for SW 1/6 toys.

Reaction score
Maybe Hot Toys can do what Sideshow was unwilling or unable to do -- provide a 1/6 scale Slave Leia to go with Sideshow's Jabba the Hutt set. After seeing HT's Guardians of the Galaxy Gamora figure, I'm confident they could give us a Slave Leia with articulation joints completely hidden on a half-naked body. If Hot Toys is willing to tackle this figure, I hope they take inspiration from Hasbro's last version and also provide a separate lower body sculpted in a realistic sitting position so we can realistically display her lounging with Jabba. Oola would be equally welcome too. My Sideshow Jabba set has felt incomplete for years now due to the lack of these two figures. :(

Given Sideshow's complete lack of interest in doing more Padme or Leia figures (or any female characters from Star Wars, such as Ahsoka and other prequel Jedi), Hot Toys may be our only hope of ever getting some of these characters now.
I'd bet this will satisfy your curiosity.
https://www.ebay.com/i/163099023011?chn=ps

Last edited: