HOt TOys RotS Obi-Wan

Reaction score
Wow, outside of a Galactic Marine, I didn't think any PT figure would really grab me, but this one is wonderful. I'll have to think about it, but I would only get the deluxe version, if I got this.

Reaction score
Another amazing sculpt. Will most likely go for the DX. Yet, the best news of the day is the Dooku teaser.

Reaction score
Now we need a sith eyes Anakin with a charred Anakin stump deluxe figure to come with it.

Reaction score
Instant purchase! I hope we still get the Death Star trooper and the Endor figures before they change gears to PT though...

Last edited:
Reaction score
cape doesn't look right on Dooku, hope it just wasn't finished for the pictures.
I think we can assume this is very early prototype here. Hoping for full reveal during summer convention period.

Reaction score
Little bit of a battle droid hint too, SS not really listening but HT is; this makes SS look like Hasbro version

Reaction score
Pre-ordered the deluxe version - this is really a big improvement (especially with all the cool accessories) over the SSC version. Incredible!

Reaction score
As cool as the accessories are...I don’t know if I need the deluxe version, as I would most likely display him fighting Anakin as I did with the SSC versions.

Reaction score
really impressed with this sculpt and the deluxe accessories

Hot Toys have posted on their Facebook account final production images. Oh dear, what have they done?

I can't say i'm too happy with the final product. Tempted to cancel my pre order and loose the deposit rather than have to payout good money for something that does not resemble the proto.

Reaction score
Shots are clearly not making him any favor but i wouldn't worry just yet about in how it looks in hand. Those early reviewers are rarely the best when it comes to selling a figure.

Reaction score
Shots are clearly not making him any favor but i wouldn't worry just yet about in how it looks in hand. Those early reviewers are rarely the best when it comes to selling a figure.

The lighting does not help, but they have made major changes from the proto. Facially as well as with the hair design. His hair colour being a major change. Now dark brown!
Clearly a bait and switch situation. No point pre ordering when they do things like this.

Reaction score
Some of the final pictures look amazing and others look off. I still think it's better than the SSC one, so I'm holding my PO.

Reaction score
This Obi-Wan was certainly one of the best prototype released by Hot Toys. Especially for a human likeness. Call me apologist but i learned not to expect the same level of excellence from Hot Toys painters team than i do from J.C. Hong. In that case, it appears J.C. Hong outdid himself and HT painting padawans just turned in a standard work. As much as i would have loved to display a figure closer to prototype in my collection, i'm sure it won't look out of place next to Anakin.

Reaction score
Thats a great great way to put it TK. Since I’m just starting my collection I’ll hold off on this one for a while instead of it being a must have ASAP item.

This Obi-Wan was certainly one of the best prototype released by Hot Toys. Especially for a human likeness. Call me apologist but i learned not to expect the same level of excellence from Hot Toys painters team than i do from J.C. Hong. In that case, it appears J.C. Hong outdid himself and HT painting padawans just turned in a standard work. As much as i would have loved to display a figure closer to prototype in my collection, i'm sure it won't look out of place next to Anakin.

Reaction score
I'm not going to get this figure, but I wouldn't mind getting the Emperor/Palpatine holo separately if someone wants to sell it.