Hot Toys Range Trooper

Reaction score
Hopefully, this one will see production and not suffer RO tank commander's fate.

Reaction score
I love the design of the Range Trooper! Gladly add one to my collection.

Reaction score
On the fence with this one. I wasn't really impressed with the Solo movie, but it's a unique design. Space limitations may force me to dump one of my Snowtroopers if I decide to get this trooper. Decisions decisions. :confused:

Reaction score
I think I’m sitting next to you on that fence. With Rey shipped, and the Praetorian shipping today...don’t have the funds or the space for many from Solo(I did thoroughly enjoy the movie). That said, I did order the mud Trooper (love the WWI vibe this figure gives off), but have no idea where he’ll end up since my mancave is so themed.

Reaction score
The Mud Trooper does look very cool from Hot Toys. I might need to really consider that one for my Imperial Collection, along with this fantastic Range Trooper!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks. For a minute I thought I had missed something at SDCC. I know they show one in the pics for the Solo version and I was hoping they would make that one as well, but at least I can use Han as a mudtrooper with the mask. It's actually not too bad if they make a regular mudtrooper down the line because then there won't be too much at one point for me. However, I'm assuming they'll be moving on to other things.

Reaction score
Still showing several not officially solicited at various comic shows, etc...

Reaction score
One of 30+ Star Wars prototypes that have yet to get a PO status. Not the less likely to be released though. Though "Solo" is a thing of the past, and the less successful movie of the Star Wars franchise, we'll soon be treated with a couple Disney+ series taking place around the same period in the Star Wars timeline. THis trooper, as well as a few others could be featured in those series thus getting another chance of release.

Reaction score
One of 30+ Star Wars prototypes that have yet to get a PO status. Not the less likely to be released though. Though "Solo" is a thing of the past, and the less successful movie of the Star Wars franchise, we'll soon be treated with a couple Disney+ series taking place around the same period in the Star Wars timeline. THis trooper, as well as a few others could be featured in those series thus getting another chance of release.
I can certainly hope that's the case, but I feel the lack of success of Solo ultimately killed any chance of them coming back. Additionally, for the Range Troopers to get used again would mean there has to be a specific reason for them to go back to Vandor and see those Conveyex trains again...unless they choose to expand them in canon.

I'm more frustrated by the lack of sufficient visual reference as we're still trying to accurately replicate this costume, and there's quite literally no decent photos of the back of the suit and boots. I was hoping that this figure would come out and we'd be able to use it as Hot Toys lately has been producing incredibly accurate scaled figures. There seemed to be no one who got photos of the backside of the figure either from the displays. It's kind of maddening

Reaction score
Range Troopers are Imperial troops. I doubt they are only stationned on Vandor. Even though one cannot be sure they'd ever be featured again in a Star Wars projects, other troopers returned in "The Mandalorian". There is hope.

Reaction score
Range Troopers are Imperial troops. I doubt they are only stationned on Vandor. Even though one cannot be sure they'd ever be featured again in a Star Wars projects, other troopers returned in "The Mandalorian". There is hope.
I'm hoping to see standard snowtroopers at least, but can only dream. Unfortunately per the canon, the range troopers as depicted in Solo are specifically designed for Vandor and the conveyex train (the snowy mountains and big magnetic boots). I'm sure they exist in different forms elsewhere, logically, which is a possible future exploration.