Hot Toys QS Darth Vader

Reaction score
Really? Wow! Vader overkill. Don't get me wrong. He has always been my favorite character but when will the madness end?

Reaction score
That base looks like a galactic hoverboard. Poor idea in my opinion. It makes Vader look like he is in the circus balancing on some props.

Reaction score
That base looks like a galactic hoverboard. Poor idea in my opinion. It makes Vader look like he is in the circus balancing on some props.
Agree with you completely on the base; with typically x2 Vader offerings per year in 1/4 scale, this is not the one for me. I really did like the entire package on the Iron Studios offering, but did not know it was being made and missed out :(

Reaction score
I would get this but that base is so bad I have to pass. 1st we get an opera Vader and now hoverboard Vader. Just keep his feet flat on the ground.

myc

Reaction score
Base dont matter.. just go with a custom one you make up.. he doesnt need much or detailed base

Reaction score
The QS Boba Fett is one of my favorites, so I had to get it. I hate the stand here (one of the best things about the Boba Fett 1/4 is the Sail Barge stand).
But this is going to be a beauty, I bet.

Reaction score
I really do like the look of this figure, thankfully I stopped buying figures a while back & just buy busts now but it’s very tempting to stray when you see something looking so good..., hardly a surprise though when it comes to Hot Toys. :)

Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with these Hot Toys QS figures. Are they completely made of plastic and cloth? Not sure I'd want to pay statue prices for a plastic figure, no matter how good it may look.

Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with these Hot Toys QS figures. Are they completely made of plastic and cloth? Not sure I'd want to pay statue prices for a plastic figure, no matter how good it may look.
The body and armor are plastic, the suit is pleather and the capes are fabric. On the other hand polystone is another type of plastic as well...

Reaction score
Decided to pre-order this figure too. It looks good, and I also got free shipping and used my 20 Euro voucher to ease the purchase. But will have to wait a bit for the EU distributor to get it in stock. I don't care for the EX. And I think I have a place to have another cabinet build next year, and thus this Vader (and a couple other collectibles) will have a display space

Reaction score
Decided to pre-order this figure too. It looks good, and I also got free shipping and used my 20 Euro voucher to ease the purchase. But will have to wait a bit for the EU distributor to get it in stock. I don't care for the EX. And I think I have a place to have another cabinet build next year, and thus this Vader (and a couple other collectibles) will have a display space
I have to admit I have considered this and the Boba Fett 1/4 before. Could get me over my HT phobia and they look like incredible pieces. Do you own the 1/4 Fett by any chance Serg?

Reaction score
I have to admit I have considered this and the Boba Fett 1/4 before. Could get me over my HT phobia and they look like incredible pieces. Do you own the 1/4 Fett by any chance Serg?
With my OT Imperial focus I didn't go for 1/4 Fett, but will go for the Stormtrooper if/when released. I only own the Hot Toys 1/4 Terminator Endoskeleton, and that is an awesome piece.

Reaction score
With my OT Imperial focus I didn't go for 1/4 Fett, but will go for the Stormtrooper if/when released. I only own the Hot Toys 1/4 Terminator Endoskeleton, and that is an awesome piece.
Do you think the 1/4 scale is better than the 1/6 scale? I mean in your opinion, is it worth the higher price? Obviously I understand it is bigger thus more detailed, but just wanted to know your thoughts on the Terminator piece you own vs a normal 1/6 figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you think the 1/4 scale is better than the 1/6 scale? I mean in your opinion, is it worth the higher price? Obviously I understand it is bigger thus more detailed, but just wanted to know your thoughts on the Terminator piece you own vs a normal 1/6 figure.
The details on the 1/4 scale are better than on 1/6. And also the issues, if there are any, are more visible. A larger collectible will be most of the times, more impressive than a smaller one. On the other hand, the space will be filled faster with 1/4 collectibles. I especially wanted this Vader because I hope HT will finally make the 1/4 Stormie they showed years ago. And I'm a sucker for TK's :)

Reaction score
The details on the 1/4 scale are better than on 1/6. And also the issues, if there are any, are more visible. A larger collectible will be most of the times, more impressive than a smaller one. On the other hand, the space will be filled faster with 1/4 collectibles. I especially wanted this Vader because I hope HT will finally make the 1/4 Stormie they showed years ago. And I'm a sucker for TK's :)
I gotcha, thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
No problem. Will you get it? HT makes great pieces, their 1/6 face sculpts are second to none.
Been debating it hard my friend. On the fence still, as I prefer statues and helmets or busts to the dolls. I cannot deny how awesome HT are, but I just keep going back and forth. I almost want to buy the Fett and Vader 1/4 and be done. I also kind of want the 1/6 Mandalorian and Holiday Boba and call it done too. But I just keep not pulling the trigger, so for whatever reason there is doubt on my side.

Reaction score
Been debating it hard my friend. On the fence still, as I prefer statues and helmets or busts to the dolls. I cannot deny how awesome HT are, but I just keep going back and forth. I almost want to buy the Fett and Vader 1/4 and be done. I also kind of want the 1/6 Mandalorian and Holiday Boba and call it done too. But I just keep not pulling the trigger, so for whatever reason there is doubt on my side.
Trust me, these are not dolls. :) I also have props, helmets, studio scale models, busts and statues, but Hot Toys is up there with many of them. In fact for example, their representation of a Stormtrooper I prefer to the Sideshow Premium Format or Attakus easily. I've seen many GG busts and Sideshow statues more toyish than Hot Toys figures

Reaction score
Trust me, these are not dolls. :) I also have props, helmets, studio scale models, busts and statues, but Hot Toys is up there with many of them. In fact for example, their representation of a Stormtrooper I prefer to the Sideshow Premium Format or Attakus easily. I've seen many GG busts and Sideshow statues more toyish than Hot Toys figures
I call any figure with clothing a doll LOL. I don't call plastic action figures that though, it's just something I have always said. I think HT are incredible...just dolls though. I agree many of their sculpts are superior too.