Hot Toys Purge Trooper (Kenobi)

Reaction score
To be honest, very disappointed in that announcement. All of few seconds screen time warrants the first release from the show.

Not sure what's going on over at HT HQ. Obviously Disney pushing the buttons on what's getting released.

Hopefully we get Obi wan announced soon.

Reaction score
Agreed, but will get 2, like the design.

Looks like the Kenobi Stormtrooper is a Stormtrooper Commander with a side holster.
They are starting to skimp on new designs in favor of parts reuse, at least change the helmet weathering...

1656593809538.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's a trooper and will sell.
I can see them doing a Reeva but limited.
Would you prefer a 10 year old 2 pk Luke and Leia? Or Owen and Beru?

Reaction score
Looks like the Kenobi Stormtrooper is a Stormtrooper Commander with a side holster.
They are starting to skimp on new designs in favor of parts reuse.
The Hot Toys Stormtrooper Commander is a RO (Rogue One) Stormtrooper with a RO E-11 minus the flashlight. I believe the Stormtroopers in OWK are wearing RO armour with a RO E-11 minus the flashlight (the only new addition being the holster).

Disney has reused the RO armour in Solo, The Mandalorian, BOBF, OWK and likely to be used in Andor. The only time this differs are in episodes that feature members of the 501st Legion wearing a mix of armour.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No swappable helmet and armor pieces for the FO version(airborne clone trooper)? piss off.

I keep hearing folks say this but the number of swap out parts needed to make the JFO version would be almost the equivalent of a second figure.

Almost everything is different. Most of the armor would need to be swapped along with the helmet, pauldron, kama, kama buckle and straps added, and additional weapons.

It’s unfortunately not feasible as much as I’d also want the JFO version.

Reaction score
The Hot Toys Stormtrooper Commander is a RO (Rogue One) Stormtrooper with a RO E-11 minus the flashlight. I believe the Stormtroopers in OWK are wearing RO armour with a RO E-11 minus the flashlight (the only new addition being the holster).

Disney has reused the RO armour in Solo, The Mandalorian, BOBF, OWK and likely to be used in Andor. The only time this differs are in episodes that feature members of the 501st Legion wearing a mix of armou

Yes I am glad they used the RO armor for the most recent STs (Remnant, ST Commander), OWK to be released.
Everyone complained about the ST Commander noticeable mark on the top of the helmet, which is why I was hoping they would remove that for the OWK release, we will see.

I do like this Purge Trooper design, but I think they forgot the short blaster (E-11 variant?) that was first seen in the Fortress Inquisitorious.

On a better note, the bodies being used on the latest ST Commander and 501st Clones have rachetted joints, which is AWESOME!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Price will remain relatively low compared to current releases. In between $185 and $245 in HK now depending on early or late batch option and prior to shipping fees.

Reaction score
As much as I love Fallen Order I prefer the OWK look for these guys. Helmet design is awesome!

Reaction score
As much as I love Fallen Order I prefer the OWK look for these guys. Helmet design is awesome!

That is the first time I’ve heard someone say they they prefer this to the JFO. Not saying to agree/disagree; just an observation.

I mostly like the Kenobi version except maybe the way the pauldron is shaped is a little too First Order. I like most of the helmet but it’s just a tiny bit too busy. Could’ve used one or two less design elements.

Only thing I don’t like on the figure is something I was worried about the instant I saw the shiny kama in the show. That they were going to use pleather, and they did.

Very thin pleather on a highly flexible piece is a recipe for disaster.

Reaction score
That is the first time I’ve heard someone say they they prefer this to the JFO. Not saying to agree/disagree; just an observation.

I mostly like the Kenobi version except maybe the way the pauldron is shaped is a little too First Order. I like most of the helmet but it’s just a tiny bit too busy. Could’ve used one or two less design elements.

Only thing I don’t like on the figure is something I was worried about the instant I saw the shiny kama in the show. That they were going to use pleather, and they did.

Very thin pleather on a highly flexible piece is a recipe for disaster.
Honestly, perfect look for me would be the OWK Purge Trooper Helmet on JFO Purge Trooper Commander body

Reaction score
Very nice looking figure! I do like the distinct look it has and like it better than the Fallen Order version.
That said it's too much for to spend on a trooper of unknown origin. lol Cody, a Fett or anyone I'm a big fan of I'd tend to be more interested.

Reaction score
Ordered on from HK. I'm a sucker when it comes to trooper unless that's some sort of "out of universe interpretation" like chrome, gold, porcelain and such.