Hot Toys - Iron Man 3

Reaction score
Oh, sorry to hear that..., hope your ok? :( That's one of the things I'm thankful for here in the UK, we pay national insurance out of our wages each month & part of the money goes to the NHS so if we need hospital treatment, we then get whatever we need at no additional cost, pity all countries can't do it really.

Reaction score
It is sad...sounds like a great system. Lost about 10% of my total SW & LOTR, some movie memorabilia, etc. In flood damage 8/12. Saved all the SSC & HT. Bottom Detolf cases were underwater...never saw anything like in 30 years...I just had spinal surgery, so I wasn't much assist...but we had neighbors come over & help. Bad luck has gotta change soon, right?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Took Mark 42 out a little just to check things out...not really ready to display as my rec room/man cave 2.0 may not be ready until the end of the year(went picking out carpet swatches with wife yesterday)...but an awesome, detailed figure nonetheless. I will probably use the BD RDJ portrait with the magnetic flip-up face plate. Haven't tried to remove the chest plate yet...assuming it's magnetic too.

Reaction score
I've kept all of my Iron Man figures as they've come so far, I guess I have just liked the look & not wanted to change them..., I'm thinking maybe in time after I've had them on display a while I'll probably change the look of them, to keep them fresh. :) Can't wait to get my mark 42, it should turn up next month..., mind you I was expecting Red Snapper this month & that's not turned up SO I'm expecting delays.

Reaction score
Just been notified by my retailer of choice that Red Snapper has arrived in stock today & it'll be delivered to me tomorrow, can't wait to see it as this one looks to be very similar to the Peacemaker (summer exclusive) so if I like Red Snapper in hand then I'll like the Peacemaker (logically). :)

Reaction score
Red Snapper has arrived, another very nicely detailed Iron Man figure..., my only disappointment is regarding the display options, I'd hoped the rod would be adjustable to allow for a standing pose but it can only be used for a flying look, pity but apart from that it's another fine addition to my growing Iron Man collection (this being my 6th Hot Toys figure..., still got another 7 on preorder & I'm pondering about getting Igor too but I'm not sure yet as he's a tad expensive.

Reaction score
No idea when mine will turn up, my retailer said this month but he did that for the mark 42 & that's now end of November, beginning of December. :(

Reaction score
It's nice to see them altogether, I'll only have 16 (including preorders) but still, a decent amount. :)
16 IM? Wow good for you man! What other HT lines do you collect? I have 10 IM pieces.

Last edited:
Reaction score
16 IM? Wow good for you man! What other HT lines do you collect? I have 10 IM pieces.
I've restricted myself to Iron Man Hot Toys wise, although I've been tempted to get the diecast Robocop figure & those Predator figures always speak to me BUT for now it's just Iron Man..., I'm hopeful that the new Star Wars licence will produce some decent figures though & then I may have to consider some of those (Stormtrooper & Sandtrooper variants being my top wants).

Reaction score
Die cast MRk 42 is my fav. So far from IM line.
Mine was the diecast version of War Machine but now that I've had the mark 42 a little while, I can honestly say it's my favourite too..., still really like the mark II unleashed suit I've got though but the newer figures are getting more impressive all the time, can't wait to see Igor in hand but got Heartbreaker & Peacemaker to come in the mean time. :)

Reaction score
I ended up ordering the Mandarin figure during all the sales Sideshow was having. For $135 shipped I couldn't pass it up.

Reaction score
I ended up ordering the Mandarin figure during all the sales Sideshow was having. For $135 shipped I couldn't pass it up.
That was definitely a good price, I limited myself to Iron Man only..., Tony Stark fits into that limitation but no one else from Iron Man does, just the suits. :)

Reaction score
My Heartbreaker was a different kettle of fish...you can't turn the eyes or chest ARC lights on & off without taking the pieces off. Also, they included a different stand with a flexible rod...the stand has no lights, and you can only display in flight/hovering mode...so it won't fit in my Ikea Detolf case, which is ok...no biggie.

Reaction score
My Heartbreaker was a different kettle of fish...you can't turn the eyes or chest ARC lights on & off without taking the pieces off. Also, they included a different stand with a flexible rod...the stand has no lights, and you can only display in flight/hovering mode...so it won't fit in my Ikea Detolf case, which is ok...no biggie.
Is it not the same bendy rod that comes with Silver Centurion? I wasn't impressed with the in flight/hovering option but with some effort I've managed to get the rod bent in a way that allows me to have the suit in a standing pose. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure kev...I didn't pick up Silver Centurion.
Oh, ok..., well the rod with Silver Centurion has ridges/ringlets all the way down it but has a thicker bit on the top..., I'd offer to take a picture but everytime I upload things to photobucket now & try to put them on here, they are just blank (very frustrating), I am awaiting Heartbreaker though..., he should turn up this month but with it being Christmas, it may get delayed. I was under the impression that this one & Silver Centurion had both got the changed rods, instead of the clear versions allowing them to stand, I'll let you know if they are the same (or not) when mine turns up. :)

Reaction score
Sounds like the one I got with Heartbreaker...the bottom screws into the base & the top knob screws off to alow the waist holder part to sit there.

Reaction score
Sounds like the one I got with Heartbreaker...the bottom screws into the base & the top knob screws off to alow the waist holder part to sit there.
Yes, that's the one..., it takes a bit of doing but you can bend it enough to get the figure to stand up..., I bent mine in an arch from the base & then have it straight at the top & it looks fine, can't really see the rod either so I was happy, prefer my figures standing..., not sure why though? lol

Reaction score
Well, I'm a little late to this party, but here goes...it's taken some time, but I'm starting to have what I think is a pretty good collection of gear from IM 3.

Tony in the workshop....

The Mark XLII.... (this figure has become one of the highlights of my collection...it is simply a stunning piece of 1:6 scale excellence)

The Iron Patriot....

...and The Mandarin.

I've got "The Mecahnic" on the way amd maybe I might add one of the more distinctive "House Protocol" suits to the line-up like Igor or Striker.

But I'm pretty pleased with my IM 3 set-up....

Reaction score
Nice figures you've got there, I didn't buy the Mandarin but I've got the others you've bought..., I'm currently waiting on Hot Rod, Heartbreaker, Starboost & Igor but the dock strike in California is holding things up, looks like I'll be waiting till March for most of them & by then hopefully Bones will be along too. :)

Reaction score
I would've got mine tomorrow but didn't have internet connection where I was today so have to wait till next week now, looking forward to seeing Heartbreaker in hand. :)