Hot Toys - Iron Man 3

Reaction score
I was only kinda vaguely knowledgeable about the Mandarin in the comics anyway, and always found him to be kinda bland. I always thought Dr. Doom made more sense as Iron Man's nemesis. So, I was fine about them changing it. And then the twist had me and the wife almost on the floor with laughter, so...how can we complain?

I get that people weren't happy, but I still have a hard time believing the character is THAT sacred to that many people. I think more like you said, it was a shock that this big bad villain was a total ruse, but yeah, instead they gave you someone else who is kinda scary is you look at him the right way.

Reaction score
Absolutely...and Extremis was frightening unto itself. I would love Hot Toys to tackle Killian, with half & half phasing or something showing the burning skin.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not a comic book guy. But I knew vaguely of Mandarin and his connection with the Ten Rings. I felt like the final Iron Man movie should have been a culmination of all that. That the Mandarin had been setting up Tony's fall from the beginning. From getting Stane in contact with his people in the first movie in order to plan Tony's imprisonment and eventual assassination, to him helping Vanko get about. I felt like there could have been a whole connecting thread there to make it feel more like a trilogy, rather than three movies that are vaguely connected.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not a comic book guy. But I knew vaguely of Mandarin and his connection with the Ten Rings. I felt like the final Iron Man movie should have been a culmination of all that. That the Mandarin had been setting up Tony's fall from the beginning. From getting Stane in contact with his people in the first movie in order to plan Tony's imprisonment and eventual assassination, to him helping Vanko get about. I felt like there could have been a whole connecting thread there to make it feel more like a trilogy, rather than three movies that are vaguely connected.
Yeah I agree. First one was best one.

Reaction score
Here is couple pictures of Mandarin. Figure looks very much like Ben Kingsley. One of the best Hot Toys heads ever.

Reaction score
Iron Patriot arrives today!! It's my first die cast HT fig, I'll post some pics when he gets here.

Reaction score
Very nice, I'm not expecting him till next month I don't think, I am however expecting the die cast War Machine Hot Toys figure today & I can't wait to find out if he's better than the normal plastic figures or not. :)

Reaction score
That's disappointing, paid a retailer for mine last year..., had spare cash at the time though.

Reaction score
I'm pondering on this one & the mark 41 (Bones) at the moment..., I've always said I'd like all the Iron Man suits but since getting the DIECAST War Machine figure, I'd rather they made more metal armoured figures than plastic.

Reaction score
I love the Mark 41...but just can't afford them all. My Hearbreaker(1Flex payment left) got bumped to Oct., and the Mark 42 Die Cast to August(even though it's done & I've seen blogger shots on HT's Facebook page).

Reaction score
I've got another 6 on preorder that I paid for last year, although I'd like more..., I'm not sure where I'll put them so I may just need to get fussy & stick to one type of figure & in my case as I like the diecast figures that'd be the perfect choice really.

Reaction score
I got an e-mail from Sideshow about those earlier, decided to pass as I prefer the figures to just parts. :)

Reaction score
Seems like alot($124) for the cart/access. It's more expensive than House Party Protocol bases. I would rather spend a little more & get the figure which includes most of those access.

Reaction score
They are already selling it, I got the e-mail from Sideshow this morning..., it's $269.99 & you can pay in 2 instalments. :)

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my mark 42 but my Iron Patriot diecast turns up tomorrow..., can't wait to have it displayed along side War Machine (diecast). :)

Reaction score
Their Iron Man figures are superb, I've got quite a few preordered but this will only be the fifth one I've received to date..., the diecast element adds to the impressiveness factor I think, War Machine is currently my favourite figure but I'm sure once they start rolling out more & more diecast versions, I'll be hard pressed to pick a favourite. :)

Reaction score
The one I really wanted the most was the battle damaged Mark VII from The Avengers...the detailing was just incredible. It sold out in seconds; I got on waitlist pretty quick, but to no avail. Now I see they're bringing out a BD version of the 42...so I don't know if I should have waited, even though the current shipping versions does have magnetic BD pieces...chest, shoulders, etc.

Reaction score
My Iron Patriot figure has just arrived, diecast is definitely the best way to go..., for me anyway. :) I'm pleased they've brought out the mark 3 in the diecast format, I'm hoping that means they'll be making them all in diecast now..., it's keeping me from buying too many figures as I don't want to be buying them twice & I'd prefer metal over plastic.

Reaction score
Thanks, it's a very cool figure..., I think the Patriot colour scheme was a good move, it makes for a far more impressive look than War Machine (although I like that version too). :) It's a pity they take so long to release these figures, I've still got 7 on preorder & I can't wait to see them all lined up together.

Reaction score
UPS just dropped off the Mark 42...totally blown away by the weight & workmanship. This is my first HT die cast figure, and it did not disappoint. They went all out: I like how they included little tools for battery insertion & armor removal. The batteries are now packaged separately. Even the packaging, as always, gets an A+& is display worthy in its own right. Gorgeous job on the prodigal son. Won't get much time to mess with it till Sunday, though.

Reaction score
Well if you think that ones good then I'd definitely recommend War Machine & Iron Patriot, they are true works of art & have certainly made me want more diecast figures. :)

Reaction score
The only crazy thing was the difficulty in installing the batteries in the head...the magnets were so strong the button cells were flying out of the battery compartment every time...I finally gave up.

Reaction score
I haven't tried the batteries on any of my Iron Man figures, I suppose I should see if the electrics actually work but I just bought them for the body armour suits themselves rather than the light up features. :) Are you getting the summer exclusive Peacemaker Iron Man figure? I pondered on it a fair bit, it's not diecast after all BUT I think the similarity to Red Snapper & the fact that it's orange & much bulkier than most Iron Man figures (plus the pain still felt at passing up on the Python suit) swayed me & I've taken the plunge. :)

Reaction score
No funds...had spinal surgery back on 7/10(3 herniated discs), The Mark 42 was on flex as far back as March, and kept getting bumped...same with Heartbreaker(1 more flex pay). I do like the design & colors on Peacekeeper.