Hot Toys - Guardians of the Galaxy

Reaction score
That potted Groot is very good bonus. Nice work Hot Toys. I pre-ordered Star-Lord from BBTS.

Reaction score
Damn. I think I need this set.

Never thought I'd see the day a Marvel film had such an impact on me.

Just picturing the group all displayed together. What a bunch of *******s. :)

Reaction score
I like that they used the rubber arms on her to hide the elbow joint, she looks amazing!! I kind of hope that they don't do Yondu or Nebula...because there would be no way I could resist them ;) With AoU also coming next year I'm going to sending a ton of cash to HT.

Last edited:
Reaction score
^ Thanks, she's preordered. I applied my rewards I've been saving and she'll cost me $40 :)

Reaction score
Okay, these figures look amazing. Looks like I'm going to have to find a way to work the Rocket and Groot 2-pack into my hobby budget for the year.

mjb

Reaction score
I decided i am gonna get the set. Just wouldn't look right to not have all of the displayed together and this way i get them for retail instead of trying to complete down the road and pay second hand prices.

Reaction score
I'm in for the set.

First Hot Toys ever for ole Beek.
Welcome to the club!

The nice thing about HT is that they retain their value or even appreciate for the most part. I've sold off some of my Avengers figures to pay for newer versions of themselves and they all got more $$ than I paid for them.

Reaction score
Welcome to the club!

The nice thing about HT is that they retain their value or even appreciate for the most part. I've sold off some of my Avengers figures to pay for newer versions of themselves and they all got more $$ than I paid for them.
That is certainly nice to know. Too many times, collectibles I've purchased, well...I have lost my *** selling them.

Reaction score
I completely understand that DB. When I got out of the GG game I sold almost all my busts(except for the McQuarrie bust) and took a loss on most. Hot Toys on the other hand, like Zylek stated hold their value well and in most cases increase.

One things for sure they look outstanding, pics rarely do them justice.

Reaction score
I just got this email from SS:

Dear Collector,

Thank you for your recent order of the Hot Toys Rocket & Groot 1:6 scale figure set (item #902239). I am writing you today with some exciting news! As you know, Hot Toys recently added the 1:6 scale potted Groot to this set. But wait! There's now even more Groot to go around! We are happy to announce that Hot Toys has created a Sideshow exclusive version of this set which will now also include a baby-potted Groot without arms.

We wanted to inform you that we will be transferring your order of the regular Rocket & Groot 1:6 Scale Figure (item# 902239) to the new Sideshow Exclusive version (item #9022391), so you do not miss out on this added accessory! Also, please know that there are no price changes for making the switch to the Sideshow Exclusive version.

If you have any questions regarding your order please do not hesitate to contact us directly so that we may further assist you.

Best Regards,

William Mendoza
Customer Service Manager

Reaction score
Oh man, I can't wait until the UPS delivers this to me! Sideshow needs to get this ASAP!

GNT

Reaction score
Thanos is looking amazing! He'll be bound to sell out quickly.

Reaction score
I just wish he had his gauntlet.... I'm nervous we won't get a Drax until GOTG 2 since we have not heard a peep about him in months. But I guess the proto they originally showed was awful and I'd rather get an excellent version later than a craptastic one now.

The final Gamora pics I've seen look great, there are some posted over at sideshow freaks. I think she'll need some sort of additive in her hair to smooth it out a little and get rid of the frizz but what a homerun on this one!

Last edited:

mjb

Reaction score
I am on the fence also i can only do one will choose between this ultron and hulkbuster

mjb

Reaction score
I wish he would go up for pre order, they showed him last year with the others at sdcc