Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Reaction score
Based on the quote used by HT on Facebook, i would say OT. Hopefully the the other OT figures (DS Commander, Gonk ect) will start to appear for pre-order. Seems ages since they were teased.

Reaction score
I had a feeling he was coming when I posted a forum on him months ago, cannot wait for the finally long overdue release of Tarkin.

Reaction score
Started to loose faith HT would ever offer him. Gives hope for a few other significant officers if HT are in the mood and want to spread costs over multiple releases. Piett, Veers and undercover Cassian come to mind and even Needa or Ozzel would make great exclusive candidates. Obviously though, they should consider Krennic as a priority as he would only need minor tweaks (cape) and different fabric colors.

Reaction score
Cannot wait. Here is the picture released so far;

Reaction score
It's about time! Wonder what accessories he will come with. Can't think of much that they could give him. Didn't Hasbro's version come with the interrogator droid? Not sure HT would do that though.

Reaction score
It's about time! Wonder what accessories he will come with. Can't think of much that they could give him. Didn't Hasbro's version come with the interrogator droid? Not sure HT would do that though.
Unlikely since they already released the ITO droid with Vader. Hopefully a lack of accessories means a reasonable price. Very happy to see him finally released, and I hope this means General Veers could be revealed too within the next year or so.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Beside a chair, i can't think of any worthy accessory to add. By the way, can't really tell if the chair featured in that pic is actually a prop or part of the background.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hmm... that chair in the teaser MIGHT be a real 1/6 scale piece and not part of a photoshopped background. I really don't want the chair (since we never see him in it without sitting as the massive round table), and a chair would significantly increase the price for Tarkin. I really hope they don't make us have to take that chair with Tarkin for an inflated price. Just sell the figure separately for a reasonable price and skip unnecessary prop pieces/accessories.

Reaction score
Will probably be like Leia and be light on the accessories. Even the shoretrooper just had hands and one gun. Have there been many figures with no accessories at all outside of hands? Maybe he'll have a backdrop.

Reaction score
What's with that green haze around him in the photo? is that the foul stench Leia refered to?

Reaction score
Make it good lookin', but simple and thus cheaper. Not need for chair in my case.

Reaction score
I still haven't forgiven Kenner for not making a 3 & 3/4 Tarkin 40 years ago!! He was kind of a significant character in ANH. The only reason I can think of is that Peter Cushing wouldn't release the rights to his 'likeness' to Kenner.

I had the Hasbro FAO 12" from the two-pack, but sold that.

I will be pre-ordering this, for sure!

Reaction score
Hot Toys nails the headsculpt! Instant PO. Do you guys think the suit's shade of green is a little light?

Reaction score
Always hard to tell with show pictures. Lots of lighting coming from everywhere and not necessarily great cameras.

Reaction score
Yeah. I suspect HT proto came without hands and Sideshow fit him with a pair of their own. Sideshow's are usually slightly bigger than HT's i believe.

Reaction score
I think this completes my ANH collection.

Does he come with a Death Star chair included ? Since he can't have too many accessories...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still waiting to see the full pics of the Sideshow/Hot Toys display at SDCC. Thought there would be a gallery posted last night.

What ever happened to:

Falcon Cockpit
Rey's Speeder
Gonk Droid
Star Destroyer Commander

It's hard for me to put much faith in any of these reveals anymore, because most of them never get made.

Reaction score
Still waiting to see the full pics of the Sideshow/Hot Toys display at SDCC. Thought there would be a gallery posted last night.

What ever happened to:

Falcon Cockpit
Rey's Speeder
Gonk Droid
Star Destroyer Commander

It's hard for me to put much faith in any of these reveals anymore, because most of them never get made.
Though i share your skepticism, to be fair, beside environments, HT record on figure releases isn't that bad. From earlier shows only a handful of figures vanished:

- Baze Malbus
- Shoretrooper (Private)
- Shoretrooper (Squad Leader)
- Sandtrooper (Sergeant)
- Gonk Droïds
- Snowtrooper (Commander)

All others are still on display thus possibly POed shortly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Though i share your skepticism, to be fair, beside environments, HT record on figure releases isn't that bad. From earlier shows only a handful of figures vanished:

- Baze Malbus
- Shoretrooper (Private)
- Shoretrooper (Squad Leader)
- Sandtrooper (Sergeant)
- Gonk Droïds
- Snowtrooper (Commander)

All others are still on display thus possibly POed shortly.
You're right. I still hope to see some of the ones they've revealed. Looking forward to seeing the display once people post galleries from SDCC '17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Starting to seem like it, but hopefully it's a deluxe option. Really seems unneeded to me. Also there's a torture droid over there too.

Reaction score

This is it. I'm not fond of the hands with visible joints, hope they get fixed, or I'll need a different pose, hands in the back maybe. But the sculpt is better than the 1/4 Premium Format.