Hot Toys Falcon Cockpit

Reaction score
I like how there is some poseability behind the cockpit on the other side...plus all that uber detail.

Reaction score
I don't see how this is going to be under $800. It looks spectacular.

Wish I could swing it but it's not looking likely.

Reaction score
Haha, you guys are awesome with all the Chewie references. In all seriousness, I hope it will still be better than what is being shown. They have come to far to drop the ball at such a late stage.

Reaction score
That ball is already rolling down hill...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Man, I'm hoping a little proper fur manipulation goes a LONG way with this space monkey.

Reaction score
a wretched hive of scum and villiany...aka NJ
This is going to be an epic dio if it really does get released. I got the preorder Han and Chewie, and was already thinking how do I make a Falcon cockpit for these two. Then this came out and I was thinking "what body part do I need to sell to buy this thing????" :) Just the size and detail of this thing. Because it's got a whole back side of detail, you can't just have this sticking out of say a wall. It would have to be installed in almost like a glass display case so you can see the front and back. Was there anything said at SDCC that said if this was light AND SOUND? Will it have engine sounds, character voices? This would be the best night light ever... :)

Reaction score
I admire the ambition and talent to make this happen, but it really only displays the figures from the waist up.

Reaction score
I see no problem since Tarkin wore slippers when filming :p

Would this be considered a "prop" picture? So for those that like Hoth Han with brown because the original prop was brown, not blue, because of filming, then they should take Tarkin wearing snickers and long socks. Come one folks... really? :) haha.

I never saw this before, quite funny...

Reaction score
I wish they'd provide an easy way to mount this on a wall, either facing outward or on Chewie's side. My biggest problem with getting this, more than the price, is just having a place to actually display it in my home. It would be much more convenient if it could be mounted on a wall rather than having to sit on a table/shelf. :(

Reaction score
I wish they'd provide an easy way to mount this on a wall, either facing outward or on Chewie's side. My biggest problem with getting this, more than the price, is just having a place to actually display it in my home. It would be much more convenient if it could be mounted on a wall rather than having to sit on a table/shelf. :(
What's the difference really between mounting on a wall and having it sit on a shelf? I think the best given that there is detail back and forth, to actually NOT mount but to have in a glass cabinet surround, so you can see all sides. Have Luke and Han talk, while Leia is walking away in disgust... :)

Reaction score
daammmmmm moth@$*****@$!!!!!!!!! this is what I'm talking about.

Looks like it will have lights, wonder if any sound effects. Now I have to get Han and Chewbacca
And this will make one awesome display piece!!

Can't wait for SDCC!!

You know what would be cool, if every month HT released a piece of the Falcon and over 2 years you get a fully built 1/6 scale huge Millennium Falcon. Like what DeAgostini is currently doing with their Falcon kit.
that would rock so hard to death!!
Let's do a little math here... if they were to part work this out, to make a 1/6 scale falcon, it would end up being about 19 feet long. Now, that's bigger then most cars and would probably weigh in about as much as most cars. Now a Landspeeder wouldn't be too bad at about 1.9 feet long, and the Snowspeeder would be about 2.46 feet long and a Speeder Bike would be about 1.6-2.7 feet long (depending on the style of speeder bike you did). In any event, it would be much more plausible for them to do one of these in 1/6th scale rather then a 1/6th full Falcon, but I admit it would be seriously cool if they did! LOL

Reaction score
Let's do a little math here... if they were to part work this out, to make a 1/6 scale falcon, it would end up being about 19 feet long. Now, that's bigger then most cars and would probably weigh in about as much as most cars. Now a Landspeeder wouldn't be too bad at about 1.9 feet long, and the Snowspeeder would be about 2.46 feet long and a Speeder Bike would be about 1.6-2.7 feet long (depending on the style of speeder bike you did). In any event, it would be much more plausible for them to do one of these in 1/6th scale rather then a 1/6th full Falcon, but I admit it would be seriously cool if they did! LOL
It won't weight as much as a car, it's only plastic after all, but at your estimated 19' that's bigger than most bedrooms (12'x12'). it would take up probably 1/2-3/4 of most living/family rooms. You've have to have a mighty fine large home to accommodate a 19' Falcon. I would just build an extension to my house for it to be honest... :) haha.

If a TIE is built, it only leads to think an Xwing will be built. Landspeeder a no brainer. Snowspeeder. ATST. With the Falcon Cockpit, that opens the door for ATAT cockpit. Adm. Ackbar dio with chair "IT's A TRAP!!!"

Reaction score
What I'm worried about is that if I get this, I'll have to right off the bat convert Chewie's seat. It was lowered in the movies to do exactly what this seat is doing, it sits Chewie too high, he would be out of viewing range. But, if I want other figures to be in the seat, like Luke when he talks with Han about the princess, then he would be too short. Thing HT will put in two seats on the released version? Hope the seat is easily removable, so I just get some 1/6 scale lawn chair and put it there instead. :)

Law

Reaction score
Not to mention that monthly releases would mean that in some cases we'd be spending $275 for a nondescript chunk of plastic that doesn't really show up on screen much. After all, the only parts of the Falcon to receive real attention are the cockpit, the guns, and the central passenger area with the chess table and console (which, until I really studied things in the wake of the BMF release, I didn't realize is the same room we see in ESB when they first enter the asteroid field).

That would be a lot of expensive purchases of areas of the ship we're not as thrilled to see.

Reaction score
If they're doing dioramas like this that's what we'd get--the places we commonly see the characters in the films. No one wants a whole ship unless they have their own docking bay 94 waiting for it. But they could build it for celebration or something, to incorporate all their environments. Would be really amazing.

Reaction score
Sorry Sideshow...I'm selling my 1st 15 1/6th scale figs. to fund this...then there's the matter of knocking out a wall...and keeping it from my wife(sigh).

Reaction score
This would make a beautiful centerpiece on a table with a small scale Falcon next to it (Code 3 or any other model in that scale). That way the curious eye can get a full view of the vehicle, and a super detailed, close-up view of its cockpit and pilot (s). Great concept by Hot Toys!

Reaction score
I will purchase this in a heartbeat if it actually is ever released as a real product. According to the Sideshow reps I spoke to at length today, both this one and the TIE fighter are prototype concept models built just for this show, these are not confirmed or approved products yet. In essence Hot Toys is testing the waters to see what the reaction will be. I want the MF cockpit!

These two picks I shot today are rough and just a starting point for what I will posting once I have time to ready the others. There is no way I can see that this model could be wall mounted as some are suggesting when you look at the piece as a whole. Here is some of the rear detail to illustrate the point.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Shadow. We were assuming over on the Freaks board that the cockpit was something that would be produced while the TIE was a one-off for the show. Both are incredible pieces. Don't think I'd have room for either, but sure would be tempting. As much as I love the Falcon cockpit, if I could have one or the other, I'd probably go with the TIE since it'd be a rare chance to get a complete SW ship in 1:6.

Reaction score
I will purchase this in a heartbeat if it actually is ever released as a real product. According to the Sideshow reps I spoke to at length today, both this one and the TIE fighter are prototype concept models built just for this show, these are not confirmed or approved products yet. In essence Hot Toys is testing the waters to see what the reaction will be. I want the MF cockpit!

These two picks I shot today are rough and just a starting point for what I will posting once I have time to ready the others. There is no way I can see that this model could be wall mounted as some are suggesting when you look at the piece as a whole. Here is some of the rear detail to illustrate the point.

Well, I guess nobody should be selling off their Sideshow collections and their second born children just yet, then, eh? Shocked there's an actual auction on ebay for this priced at $1,599.99.

My gut tells me that the Falcon Cockpit will be made, but the 1:6 Tie Fighter is just too over-the-top. We're all not doctors and CEOs, and can afford stuff like that.

Reaction score
Concept only. That's a shame. But if it does come to fruition, then i'm in too.

Someone has posted this on ebay for $1559.99. o-o
I talked at great length to TWO separate Sideshow reps at their booth about the MF Falcon cockpit specifically, and they were both adamant that this and the TIE were one-off's made for the show specifically and they just had received them a few days ago. They told me these weren't specific approved products yet, just concept pieces. I really hope they do produce them, but based on the conversation and reactions I was getting from Sideshow in person I would not put any belief at all in that eBay listing, (not wanting to call it outright as an all out fraud.) I printed a hardcopy of the eBay listing and I'll take it with me today to show to the Sideshow reps at their booth for their input. I'll post the comments tonight when I get back from the con. (I drive to the con daily.)

Reaction score
I get Hot Toys creating these pieces as "wow-factor" items, and using them as "cheese-on-a-string" to lure people to their booth, but they'd better watch their step here. Creating items for conventions, and not ultimately making them for the masses, is a slippery-slope, and a sure-fire way to anger the collector base. Sideshow has NEVER NOT created a 1:6 scale Star Wars piece they've unveiled.

Don't play the "shell game" with us, Hot Toys!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hear this Hot Toys.

First I do not own a single piece of yours. Not one product. Way to expensive for what is basically a really nice 12" Action figure. Don't get me wrong, awesome!!!!!! but too pricey for me for that. For the price I can get a really nice actual prop. A saber, helmet, etc.

If you make the Millennium Falcon Cockpit I will sell my first born to buy one. He's cute and a great kid so it should not be a problem. While kidding about the kid I told my wife no matter what I am getting that and she agreed.

If you make the Tie fighter I will buy it no matter what it takes and I'm not even a huge Tie fan.

If you continue and make a X wing I will buy it. Again not a huge X wing fan.

If you make my beloved Y wing I will sell body parts to buy it.

And if you do, what I doubt anyone has the guts to do, ( It's to big, bla bla, cry, cry) and build a 1/6 Falcon in pieces over several years kind of like the Diago I will forgo car plans and likely some vacations to buy it. Sell blood, sell the other kid. Whatever it takes.

Now I know your gonna say I am crazy but really it's just the cockpit and the "living area". The rest can be empty or offered with additional upgrades. Just look at every Deagostini piece and make it bigger.

Have some courage. Do what many will say can't be done. BTW every great, amazing thing ever made has had most whiners saying it could not be done, won't happen, etc.

I am not alone. Everyone is going crazy for these.

And guess what, then we are gonna need a bunch of 1/6 figures to put in them.

Tom

Last edited:
Reaction score
I get Hot Toys creating these pieces as "wow-factor" items, and using them as "cheese-on-a-string" to lure people to their booth, but they'd better watch their step here. Creating items for conventions, and not ultimately making them for the masses, is a slippery-slope, and a sure-fire way to anger the collector base. Sideshow has NEVER NOT created a 1:6 scale Star Wars piece they've unveiled.

Don't play the "shell game" with us, Hot Toys!!

Can you say EFX which I used to be a huge fan of and now I am done with.

Reaction score
I talked at great length to TWO separate Sideshow reps at their booth about the MF Falcon cockpit specifically, and they were both adamant that this and the TIE were one-off's made for the show specifically and they just had received them a few days ago. They told me these weren't specific approved products yet, just concept pieces. I really hope they do produce them, but based on the conversation and reactions I was getting from Sideshow in person I would not put any belief at all in that eBay listing, (not wanting to call it outright as an all out fraud.) I printed a hardcopy of the eBay listing and I'll take it with me today to show to the Sideshow reps at their booth for their input. I'll post the comments tonight when I get back from the con. (I drive to the con daily.)

According to Sideshow's own website this will be produced. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/hot-toys-sixth-scale-millennium-falcon-cockpit/

Both Hot Toys and Sideshow ran a few pics on Facebook too and announced preorder will be up soon.

Now they do have a history of not making things after showing them or taking a REEEAAALLLYYY long time. Like 66 Batmobile, figures for Xmen First Class, Prometheus, Drax, etc.

Based on hype though and that a real preorder is going up soon I'm leaning towards the it will be made side.

Reaction score
Like I said, kudos to Hot Toys for being the "talker" of SDCC when it comes to Star Wars reveals, but our collector base isn't a playground where a "bait-n-switch" technique will go over too well. This Falcon Cockpit will sell. I GUARANTEE it!! The Tie Fighter, IMHO, is a bit of a reach, but that's because I can't afford it and won't even consider it.

I can't believe how Hot Toys has BURIED Sideshow Collectibles at SDCC. Who's even paying attention to SSC's booth? Seriously? It's a bunch of figures that were revealed months ago, with the exception of the AT-AT Driver.

I'm confident that Hot Toys will make the Falcon Cockpit, but if they don't, they will likely feel a wrath from many of us who have been aching for Sideshow to create something like this for years!!

Last edited: