Hot Toys Falcon Cockpit

Reaction score
Can't wait to see it, but can't say I want it.

I understand that with Han, Chewy, Luke and Ben on the way it almost makes sense, but it's just such an odd choice for such a massive fabrication and tooling investment.

Reaction score
Can't wait to see it, but can't say I want it.

I understand that with Han, Chewy, Luke and Ben on the way it almost makes sense, but it's just such an odd choice for such a massive fabrication and tooling investment.
Yeah it does seem so specific...

VS something like other SSC environments where it was a wall and some furniture to create your own scene. With the cockpit, you get 4 seats and that is about it, you just seem more limited. EDIT: Don't mean "thats about it" as less features... I am sure it will be an awesome 1/6 scale replica of the cockpit, I just meant in a posing/scene perspective.

I would have thought the passenger hold area would have been the falcon based item. Dejarik table, benches, chair and comms console with lights... Setup the Luke training remote scene etc. Then again those scenes are limited as well, but for some reason it just seems like there would be more options, instead of a cramped 4 chair cockpit.

Then again maybe they ultimately are going for a falcon in 1/6 scale anyways.

Would be cool if they (or SSC) did a X-Wing nose with a backdrop or something (to keep price down).

Last edited:
Reaction score
It won't be overly expensive... Reasons...

1. HT learnt a hard lesson with their 1/12 Bat.

2. The assembly and paint ap will be basic with no mega attention hand craftmanship like on the faces of their human figures.

3. There's likely no die-cast.

4. It will be packed in pieces in the smallest box possible. I was amazed how HT packed things within things to compact the box of their Batman Armory.

5. The actual Falcon cockpit was a bit tight. I think the circumference of a 1/6 cockpit will be around 50cm.

My view, this will be $550 to $800 tops if they go all out with sounds and lighting effects.
All of their batmobiles, which are probably most comparable, were packed whole in much larger boxes than you'd anticipate.

Also, it wouldn't be Hot Toys if there wasn't attention to detail in every respect. I can't think of a single example where they went with less in paint, sculpting, or features. All of the vehicles that I've personally seen have been impeccable in their attention to detail.

I'm going to guess that they're shooting to keep it under a $1000 but I don't see how this can be less than $700 to $800 at least. The Keaton Batmobile was in the $600 range, if I remember right, so....

Reaction score
We're probably talking Hulkbuster or Batmobile-like pricing...my guess is even more with the lights/electronics. You're talking a small room outfitted with a helluva lot of greeblies & room for at least four 1/6th scale people(or aliens).

Reaction score
I know that this is a hot toys product, but Sideshow are distributing. Do you think there's an exclusive?

Reaction score
Not sure they would ad an exclusive on such an item but it's anyone's guess at that point. We'll have to wait until it goes on PO at Sideshow's anyway.

Reaction score
Interesting but not sure I would want four HT's figure sitting in a cockpit opposed to standing on my shelves. Hopefully this will be at San Diego as I really can't picture how this will look.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having figures sitting in this. With so many options from ANH, ESB, ROTJ and soon TFA, i'd always have the option to shuffle from time to time.

Reaction score
All of their batmobiles, which are probably most comparable, were packed whole in much larger boxes than you'd anticipate.
Those were solid pieces, not like the armory which was released afterwards and in pieces.

Also, it wouldn't be Hot Toys if there wasn't attention to detail in every respect. I can't think of a single example where they went with less in paint, sculpting, or features. All of the vehicles that I've personally seen have been impeccable in their attention to detail.
I have the Batman Armory. While it's a great peice, the armoury itself is barely dry brushed with most of it left unpainted in the colour of it's bare plastic.

And I didn't talk about the attention of sculpting, just the painting.

Reaction score
Really bummed about Chewie, hopefully he looks better in other pics.

Reaction score
Well, Chewbacca looks a lot different than the one I preordered.

And this thing is going to cost a lot more than I thought. I assume the cockpit/canopy is either going to pop on/off, or will fold back with a hinge (like all the Hasbro iterations of the Falcon).

And whoever said it above, I totally agree if I am going to spend 800 plus on those four figures, I would feel dopey displaying them jammed in the cockpit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
LOL - I take back my earlier guess - This easily $1K plus!!!

Also, it appears it's the old sculpted Han in the cockpit, so there's hope that's not the final Chewie!

Reaction score
This thing looks phenomenal, can't help but wonder if for the money they'll be asking I'd rather put it toward a whole ship of some sort. Don't think I have space for either though. That looks like the second Han sculpt to me.

Reaction score
Nice "double sided" diorama. It seems they used both Han's headsculpts in those pics.

Reaction score
Nice "double sided" diorama. It seems they used both Han's headsculpts in those pics.
Nope, it's only the Harrison Pratt sculpt... clearly these pictures were taken before the Han rescuplt.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting those photos Spawn_de. That does look very nice and i like the fact that they've done something with the back side of the cockpit.

I'm definitely getting one although shipping to the UK will add quite a lot onto the price.

When's preorder on this?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope it includes a cardboard backdrop that you can optionally put behind the rear door to give the illusion of the Falcon hallway back there if you're going to display the cockput from the front view.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Originally I said it would probably be around $600-800, but after seeing the new pics and all the electronics/detailing involved, I'm betting it will more likely be in the $800-1000 range. I'll be shocked if this thing is under $800.

Last edited:
Reaction score
with the Tie fighter announcement a full sized Falcon in parts may not be that far fetched