Hot Toys Falcon Cockpit

Reaction score
Very disappointed that they won't be producing the Falcon Cockpit. I understand that they need to showcase their product, but I kind of feel like we've been led up the garden path by way of their "awaiting licensor approval" sign. Still...
I agree and I told them that as well. With that said, you never know what can happen. They made the Delorean and I'm sure that has less of a following than Star Wars. I hope it happens, but eont be surprised that it doesn't.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Nothing against Sideshow, but I take their comments with a grain of salt. "Trade show" reps typically are clueless. Personally, I think it would be easier to manufacturer than the Delorean with all the moving parts. And it would be pretty messed up to keep showing the thing with no intentions of making it. I say yes, it will be made. And for around $1000.

No problem. They were all Ssc reps. I talked to two more and bad news. Got one NO from a higher up and a very negative I doubt it for the cockpit. Got 3 very positive yeses on the Reys speeder.

Reaction score
The big No came from a higher up. But yeah I hope you are right

Reaction score
I have no intention of getting it, but would love to see it made and in people's collections. Would also be a good sign for other vehicles like the land speeder and snow speeder.

Reaction score
They made delorean and they're making a batman vehicle, right? A piece like his BELONGS in people's collections. Simple as that!!

Reaction score
A few people talked to Howard at the Con and its confirmed, the Cockpit will not be produced.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still would be if Hot Toys put out an official message regarding this. Onward to Rey's Speeder and/or a possible "Super Star Destroyer Executor Bridge Environment" for Sideshow bounty hunters.

Reaction score
Hot Toys better be careful going forward with their marketing strategy. I get the whole "creating buzz" mentality, and that's likely why HT never wanted to go on the record one way or the other about the Falcon Cockpit's future, but it begs the question - how much of the OTHER 1:6 scale stuff won't be produced? Were the Imperial Gunner and Gonk Droid both just "eye candy" and will also never be produced? What about the Rey Speeder?

Have any of you ever heard the children's fable, "The boy who cried wolf?"
Well, Hot Toys is teetering, in my opinion, on the line right now. The last thing they need is when they announce/reveal new items, for collectors like us to immediately wonder if they're "crying wolf" or if it's real.

Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
I think that's a little harsh, SportsAnchor.

As disappointed as i am with the Falcon cockpit situation, i still think they're producing some of the best collectibles out there.

Reaction score
efx does this (or used to) all the time at SDCC. They'd show a bunch of studio scale ships (probe droid, escape pod, AT-ST) to gauge interest from fans. With almost none of it produced in the end.

Reaction score
Absolutely...even with their new Suicide Squad figures, they're sneaking the SRP up to $250. It's only a matter of time before we're in the $300 price range. That is too rich for my blood.
Probably what finally did it in. Multi $k when figures alone range from $300 - $400. It would have been priced far beyond most of us.

Reaction score
You bring up valid points...they diss off people every day(just read their Facebook page comments). But they still create & produce some of the finest 1:6th scale, museum-level collectibles from some of the most revered movie franchises ever. Glad they're backing off from more Iron Man 3 figures(which actually they're not...sigh), and giving us some much needed SW figures like the DS gunner, Gonk droid, etc. Would love to see them tackle Ackbar, some Cantina aliens, General veers and a better Emperor with Force lightning...just to name a few.
Hot Toys better be careful going forward with their marketing strategy. I get the whole "creating buzz" mentality, and that's likely why HT never wanted to go on the record one way or the other about the Falcon Cockpit's future, but it begs the question - how much of the OTHER 1:6 scale stuff won't be produced? Were the Imperial Gunner and Gonk Droid both just "eye candy" and will also never be produced? What about the Rey Speeder?

Have any of you ever heard the children's fable, "The boy who cried wolf?"
Well, Hot Toys is teetering, in my opinion, on the line right now. The last thing they need is when they announce/reveal new items, for collectors like us to immediately wonder if they're "crying wolf" or if it's real.

Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
That Tie fighter's wing span still blows my mind.... @@

This is one of those items which falls into my category of:

"I'll acquire first, and then try and figure out later where the hell am I gonna put it"

(that is if they'll ever gonna sell it)

Last edited:
Reaction score
That Tie fighter's wing span still blows my mind.... @@

This is one of those items which falls into my category of:

"I'll acquire first, and then try and figure out later where the hell am I gonna put it"

(that is if they'll ever gonna sell it)
They would probably need to charge the price of a car in order to make this one financially successful. Manufacturing, QC, product stocking, shipping, low sales volume due to high price and handling returns. This has many reasons why it will never become a retail product.

Reaction score
They would probably need to charge the price of a car in order to make this one financially successful. Manufacturing, QC, product stocking, shipping, low sales volume due to high price and handling returns. This has many reasons why it will never become a retail product.

Good points there...
Maybe some of the customers who bought from Propshop will buy these?
Still a pretty small number though....

Reaction score
I see you took the easy way out and only did the cockpit. ;)
There is now easy way.

I finished the Back wall of the Falcon minus adding some colored transparency on the non detailed side to help with the color of the lighted squares and LED dots.

IMG_20161012_131318 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

I tried to get a few pics of it standing up so you can see the colored squares better, don"t mind the messy walkout;

IMG_20161012_131429 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

IMG_20161012_131442 by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

Reaction score
Can you take a picture or two with something for scale (soda can, dollar bill, figure)? I keep looking at these pics and think it is a life size movie set they are so good!