Hot Toys ESB Darth Vader

Reaction score

Limited Reservation Movie Masterpiece Star Wars Episode 5 / Empire Strikes Back 1/6 scale figure Darth Vader 29,000 about 35 cm / moveable point 30 places

Reaction score
They are crnking those Vader far too quikly. Space them out a little. It does feel like they are rushing them and only update a part here and there to make us mad.

Reaction score
They will make a ROTJ for sure some day as well. Maybe even a ROTS. This was to be expected of HT, maybe not this soon though.

Reaction score
Good deal for the people that like to collect every version. I know there are differences but to me they are so minor that it is not worth it.

Reaction score
where are all the earlier teases gonk droid, Death Star Commander, Royal Guard, hmmmmm

Reaction score
One HT figure I don’t have is Vader...this just might be my first(I have the SSC deluxe ROTJ version).

Reaction score
As a new 1/6 scale collector, I want a Vader and don't really want to have to buy Tarkin to get one. This would work well.

Reaction score
love the base, SS should have jumped on that but missed the mark; HT is at least figuring that out

Reaction score
[/URL] on Flickr[/IMG]

HT promo pics did not show Anakin's face, but just the back- I wonder if that's all we'll get to see.
If it is based on the ESB according to how Anakin appears in the movie, then I guess as much...

If that's the case HT will only include the full head when they release the ROTJ version I suppose;
and this will be the only time they'll offer that face mask.

I'm not really a completist, but this tempts me to wanna be one.

PS. That base is an awesome inclusion by the way.
PSS. Does that mean a HT Bespin Luke will be next in the pipeline?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sure looks like Bespin Luke is,round the corner looking at the images shown. Perhaps an ESB Boba Fett as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sure looks like Bespin Luke is,round the corner looking at the images shown. Perhaps an ESB Boba Fett as well.
Bespin Luke was already done by Hot Toys...it was their first DX SW Movie Masterpiece Figure...a two figure set with Bespin antenna & a battle damaged Luke.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bespin Luke was already done by Hot Toys...it was their first SW Movie Masterpiece Figure...a two figure set with Bespin antenna & a battle damaged Luke.
Yes, the Bespin Luke was my first Hot Toys purchase. The base for this Vader would be a selling point for me to display it alongside my HT Bespin battle damaged Luke with his severed hand.

Reaction score
Bespin Luke was already done by Hot Toys...it was their first DX SW Movie Masterpiece Figure...a two figure set with Bespin antenna & a battle damaged Luke.
I know HT did a Bespin Luke. Wondered if they were revisiting him for those who did not purchase the DX version?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The one (Luke) featured on HT Facebook pics looks to be their DX 07 while there seem to be a "new" ESB Fett featured as well. Though it doesn't rule out a Bespin Luke coming later on, it might take a while before HT revisit him.

Reaction score
I have thought the same, they might re-do him, since he was so long ago. That Vader looks sweet though. Hopefully some more stormtroopers too; please HT

Reaction score
Will be available in HT SW Shop first, then available in selected markets. Stand has light feature, as does Vader’s belt, chest box & lightsaber.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm also guessing HT might re-release Bespin Luke in normal outfit and damaged outfit separately;
instead of in a set which they did for DX version previously.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the Sideshow ROTJ Vader and keep telling myself I don't need another, but this one is very tempting...

Reaction score
I have the Sideshow ROTJ Vader and keep telling myself I don't need another, but this one is very tempting...
Same here...I was going to display that one with Emperor & ROTJ Luke, and battle damage Bespin Luke with HT ESB Darth Vader.

Reaction score
As great as it looks - does anyone else here think that $267 is pushing the envelope a bit too far? We'll soon be seeing $300 figures as the base price for HT.
I think it's time to throw the towel in and concede defeat... too pricey for me.

Reaction score
As great as it looks - does anyone else here think that $267 is pushing the envelope a bit too far? We'll soon be seeing $300 figures as the base price for HT.
I think it's time to throw the towel in and concede defeat... too pricey for me.
I'll go for it but I agree, pricing in general in crazy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk