Hot Toys Endor Luke

Reaction score
Does this mean a deleted sandstorm scene Leia, Han, Chewie & Lando are coming? I think not.
Well if Sideshow ever puts up their Skiff Lando for preorder, it sure would be nice if it included the sandstorm gear/goggles too. And if Hot Toys ever offers a Slave Leia (highly unlikely thanks to Disney), getting her sandstorm costume too would be real nice considering she would otherwise have little to no accessories.

Anyway I don't understand all the complaints about Hot Toys making people double dip on Jedi Luke. We already SAW the Endor version on display at SDCC over a year ago and knew it was coming. I'm thrilled we're finally getting it. I don't consider it a double dip because the first version they released serves as Jabba's Palace Luke, and this new version primarily serves as Endor Luke, which I'd be displaying separately. And with him finally coming after all this time I hope it means that Endor Leia they showed last year is coming soon too. The sandstorm gear was totally unexpected and a wonderful bonus for this set, and I love the alternate wind-blown hair headsculpts in this set too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I will FOR SURE get the regular/basic Luke Endor version. My plan is to put he and the eventual Endor Leia on my second 1:6 scale Speeder-Bike. While all the accessories are super cool in the deluxe edition, I will not need them for the display I am planning on.

Reaction score
easy pass.. no facial likeness.. the smile is a scandal.. The marketing strategy is even a bigger scandal...

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of confusion around as to why some people are annoyed by the release. It's not the release of Endor Luke, that's an acceptable different figure, it's the inclusion of the headsculpt and blaster from the original release in the deluxe that has annoyed people. Source a jedi luke cloak and you've effectively massively superseded a figure that has only recently been bought.

Doesn't bother me as I have the luke I want, but can understand people feeling a little duped by the deluxe release.

Reaction score
Technically, we are now getting the Endor version (MMS516) which was displayed at events for nearly two years. Then, there's that special twist from Hot Toys offering a DX version (MMS517) of Endor Luke adding a few, never revealed before, accessories to allow for a Tatooïne Sandstorm display.

Thanks for the infos. So, this is the one we've been seeing at conventions with added extras. Hmmm......I'll have to think about this one.
T

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of confusion around as to why some people are annoyed by the release. It's not the release of Endor Luke, that's an acceptable different figure, it's the inclusion of the headsculpt and blaster from the original release in the deluxe that has annoyed people. Source a jedi luke cloak and you've effectively massively superseded a figure that has only recently been bought.

Doesn't bother me as I have the luke I want, but can understand people feeling a little duped by the deluxe release.
I would've loved to have seen the alternate wind-swept hair and the deleted scene gear in the original release, and I never would've grumbled. It probably would've pushed the original Jedi Luke figure around $300 but it'd feel more complete for a figure that was supposed to represent the Tatooine version of Jedi Luke, for the most part, with a Death Star 2 version by happenstance. The alternate head and lightsaber hilt, in addition to the Endor gear, would've made a fine release on its own I'd never be tempted to double-dip on. Then again, that's the point. Now I'm thinking of double-dipping. Good job, Hot Toys.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wonder if the Endor Leia will have a deluxe version, too. If so, what will be the accessories? Maybe a Wicket???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Does this deluxe release has the same black suit as the standard release underneath? They don't show any pictures of what it looks like without the deleted scene outfit or the Endor outfit on. I preordered this thinking it was essentially the same release but with added extras... but now I bet some shenanigans are going on underneath so you HAVE to buy the original release to get the look at the end of ROTJ.

Reaction score
Wonder if the Endor Leia will have a deluxe version, too. If so, what will be the accessories? Maybe a Wicket???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her Ewok dress and alternate Ewok village hairstyle would be perfect to include in a deluxe version. I'd buy two if they offer both outfits in a single set.

Reaction score
you'd think with the new photo real technology these days, the likens would be much better on larger figures.

Reaction score
Have not decided if I'm going to pick this(or the deluxe) yet...I have a $50 coupon burning a hole in my pocket which would cover shipping and some of the tax...just not sure. I love the original release RotJ Luke and quite like the Endor look...but I already have the Sideshow version coming. I guess it will come down to how well Sideshow do with their headsculpt.

I guess I could use the coupon on a HotToys R2...or if Sideshow would release Skiff Lando.